Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Integrating Kabaddi everywhere, I like Yoigoshi's thinking.

Otherwise, this is more Kabaddi, with Yoigoshi getting better at the sport with Azemichi for a 1st Year double-team against the 2nd Year Senpais...if it's the raiding skills that is tested and true. The technicality is as strong as is with any episode, and teamwork is vital in Kabaddi...the problem with it being Yoigoshi's soccer background being a lonewolf effort. All the glory but without friends, and it's time he learns what it means to have friends and work together.

NGL, the point where the double-team of Azemichi and Yoigoshi is each other's redemption arc against Misumi and Date, even if they have to lose the raiding practice against both of them multiple times.

Welcome to the Noukin Kabaddi team, Yoigoshi. Awaken your primal instincts.
KANLen09Apr 16, 2021 11:49 AM
Apr 16, 2021 11:09 AM
Apr 2019
As an Indian, i am very excited for the fact that a sport of indian origin has been selected. And I like how sports anime intensify even the split seconds. The only thing I am hoping for is that it should have intense matches while keeping light hearted comedy. I have not yet watched the episode, but I am on it now
Apr 16, 2021 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
And Kabaddi should be played in its original form, shirtless... is the minimum requirement ;)

Anyway, next week the captain will finally appear. The captain look like he could be a protagonist for being small in a sports that require large player, but there are already many anime that tackle this problem, so switch him to deuteragonist is a smart move.
Apr 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Jun 2019
We get to see the MC learn some teamwork in this episode. Some nice moments when he and his teammate succeed. Unfortunately, it still looks pretty cheap visually, so that holds the matches back some.
Apr 16, 2021 12:23 PM
Apr 2020
Visually this episode was better than the last two. I read the manga, story is really good. But I have a feeling that it is going to fall into the anime with good story but never lived upto the manga bracket. TMS probably is sacrificing this series for their other series this season. Too bad coz it would have been an amazing anime if they concentrated fully on this and made the action like action and not a slideshow. Don't really know whether it's being given a chance to succeed. Not fair to the mangaka either as he struggled and got it published on web when various publications were not interested.Although can cut it some slack due to covid situation.
Apr 16, 2021 1:06 PM

Sep 2018
I really liked this episode, Yoigoshi is awesome. Fortunately, this show hasn't disappointed me so far.
Apr 16, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2020
Believe it or not, the story would be really good but visuals and animations + ost would never draw attention of the large audience in this.

Like, just see the real-life pro kabaddi matches. They are too much intense plus the players never remain still while raiding or at defense.

Though, i will continue watchin it
Apr 16, 2021 1:15 PM

Jun 2020
And that was another great episode. The story and development is good, till now. The animation is good, but it feels like a lot of movement is cut down. Kabaddi is all about movement so I hope that in the next matches they focus more on that. And , of course, Yoisgoshi is amazing as always.
Apr 16, 2021 1:26 PM

May 2020
Whoa! Amazing episode.

The match between them was really intense.
The backstory of Yoigoshi looks similar to that of Kageyama from Haikyuu.
Apr 16, 2021 1:29 PM

Aug 2020
Holy nice team work

Apr 16, 2021 1:38 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It was nice to see Yoigoshi and Azemichi start to learn to work together.

After that practical method of training in the shopping centre, we've seen them develop even more ways to flow together, such as signals and reading each other.

Yoigoshi also officially joins the Kabaddi team. About time after all those practices.
Apr 16, 2021 1:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Yoigoshi and Azemichi are starting to work together as a team and starting to build a little chemistry. However, the second years are still better than them so the first years have a long way to go. Yoigoshi earned his jacket and he's officially apart of the Kabhddi team.
Apr 16, 2021 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
i'm glad yoigoshi is over his fear of holding hands
Apr 16, 2021 3:05 PM

Aug 2020
Glad Yoigoshi is improving his techniques.
Apr 16, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
another amazing episode, glad to see yoigoshi learning how to cooperate and work as a team, I'm starting to be also a big fan of azumichi, he's just such a nice boy, also cant wait to see the captain in action!!
Apr 16, 2021 3:22 PM

Mar 2020
Nice to see Yoigoshi and Azemichi improving their teamwork and trust; however, it'll be a while till their full potential comes out. More practice will be key to perfecting their chemistry, formations, etc.
Apr 16, 2021 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
another pretty nice episode, cool stuff and developments with the relationships and game tactics, yoigoshi officially a team member now too. can't wait to see the team captain and more things like tournaments and the like in the coming episodes.
Apr 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Oct 2009
Watching Yoigoshi grow minute by minute is actually a nice change of pace, but at the same time...... it's the end of the third episode when his joining the team is actually official - and we still haven't even really met the team captain. Not that I'm complaining, but I wonder how this is gonna turn out...
Apr 16, 2021 4:33 PM

Dec 2014
Good stuff, a very classic sports shounen episode but it's always great watching protagonists like Yoigoshi break out of their shell and being to enjoy themselves as they play the sport.

If I had to pick out anything, I wish there was more animation than still frames and it would also be nice if we got more hype music but it's still a fun experience so far.
Apr 16, 2021 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that Yoigoshi joined the team or club, it was really good, I hope it will be better for the next episodes.
Apr 16, 2021 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
nice! Yoigoshi & Azemichi teamwork is improving!
ok next episode is what i'm excited for! their captain for sure their captain way above their league! i wanna witness that next week!
5/5.

Apr 16, 2021 8:37 PM
Feb 2021
I only started watching this show because I'm Indian, but it really has me hooked now! The latest episode really had me engaged the entire time, and they explain the rules and strategies really nicely. The mc is also really great. I'm getting vibes similar to both haikyuu and kuroko no basuke!
Apr 16, 2021 8:44 PM

Jan 2020
I always like the calculated plan aspect of sport

Apr 16, 2021 9:40 PM

Feb 2021
Dang this anime is looking good! I hadn't expected it to become this interesting! Since I left playing this sport about an year and half ago, I'm not gonna lie I'm getting all fired up again lol.
Yoigoshi's trust is getting built up again and he and Azemichi are slowly getting in sync. Overall great episode! I wonder when will the captain arrive. He seems to be on some next level!

Apr 16, 2021 11:22 PM
Feb 2021
I admit I can see why the animation movements are limiting and may remind you of Ahiru no Sora, but this style is way better than Kumo Isekai (still can't forget how much headaches I suffered from ep7). At least the character designs and BGM soundtrack make up for the limited animation movements.

But the scriptwriting is executed well-enough with Art of War-like strategic info from Yoigoshi's inner monologue. Didn't expect the series to emphasize his insecurities & giving up on meeting someone who's able to catch up with him. Glad it did and shows the emotional balance coming from him. So far so good. Let's hope the execution is consistently pacing well until the final episode.

P.S. I've predicted that ep 4 is where the captain comes in and "Strongest Raider" doesn't seem to fit his description. I was thinking of "Fastest Raider" as a more accurate position for him.
Apr 16, 2021 11:24 PM
Apr 2020
Liked the episode. But didn't liked the animation quality when they are raiding.
If you compare animation with a kabaddi match.. animation are no way around.

For example just see this pro kabaddi highlights match https://youtu.be/AgjZhYvAf8o
Apr 16, 2021 11:51 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Just noticed the kabaddi kabaddi in the start and end of the OP lmao, that's pretty cool.

Cool how Yoigoishi and Azemichi used that crowded area for training. I think this episode was definitely the best visually so far. Animation is still kinda eh but the art is really solid. Yoigoroshi has finally discovered some competent teammates to match his playstyle. Welcome to Noukin Yoigoshi. Looks like we finally going to officially meet the third year next episode.
Apr 17, 2021 1:17 AM

Jun 2019
Focusing more on the teamwork in this episode. Yoigoshi learned a lot about raiding and defending in this episode. Those hand signs were pretty handy as well. But they still couldn't defeat the second years, because of the lack of experience.
Not as great as the last two episodes but still a pretty good episode.
Apr 17, 2021 1:29 AM
Sep 2020
RobinOP said:
As an Indian, i am very excited for the fact that a sport of indian origin has been selected. And I like how sports anime intensify even the split seconds. The only thing I am hoping for is that it should have intense matches while keeping light hearted comedy. I have not yet watched the episode, but I am on it now

There was a big debate as to it was Bangladesh or indian sport,as an Indian I hope it was indian

Next time fingers cross for cricket my fav sport
Apr 17, 2021 1:56 AM

Dec 2020
i like the team development and the play strategy thats explained in this ep. the animation is bugging me a bit and i rly think itll be better if they improve it a little bit (on the match scenes at least) but thats the only thing that i didnt like abt this ep
Apr 17, 2021 5:18 AM

Dec 2018
ngl, this anime is the biggest positive surprise of the season :)
Apr 17, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2019
Oh well looks like I'm the only one who dislike this episode. why are they not following the basic principle of defense you're not supposed make a chain when you have only two people left in defense.
It's my fault probably i shouldn't have expected pro kabaddi level gameplay :(
Apr 19, 2021 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
It was really an formidable feeling, because after watching the Panegyric delineation of Kabaddi sports with the stunning BGM and bit Indian Beats, I am kinda speechless
Apr 19, 2021 11:07 PM
Apr 2020
Flamestriker101 said:
Oh well looks like I'm the only one who dislike this episode. why are they not following the basic principle of defense you're not supposed make a chain when you have only two people left in defense.
It's my fault probably i shouldn't have expected pro kabaddi level gameplay :(

You would expect it to gain more high level play as series goes on. But yeah, I really feel that this series is not being given a chance by TMS. I would like atleast some animation in a sports anime and it not be like a slideshow.
Apr 20, 2021 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
Yoigoshi and Azemichi work on their defence this week against the senior Kabaddi club members. For a new duo starting out, I think they did a great job. Yoigoshi has the intelligence and strategic awareness to make up a tactic on the spot, and Azemichi has the strength to carry the plan through. A below average ep this week tbh.

Apr 21, 2021 12:46 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Another strong episode, looking forward to more (:
Apr 27, 2021 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
Mack_Yeager said:

There was a big debate as to it was Bangladesh or indian sport,as an Indian I hope it was indian

Kabaddi is a sport of the Indian Subcontinent since the ancient times. I hope you're aware about the history that the Ancient India was composed of the modern-day countries of Afghanistan (some portions), Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, India, Nepal and Pakistan.
Jun 15, 2021 4:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The whole training/match part was quite tense, seems like Yoigoshi is really a club member now, nice.
Aug 6, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2015
Nice improvement on teamwork, didn't expect Yoigoshi to initiate the chain (holding hands) there with Azemichi considering how much he hates it.

Sep 9, 2022 1:40 AM
Sep 2021
It was a nice tatsuya finally joined the kabaddi team as a real member.

It was a nice episode 5/10.
Dec 28, 2022 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
It was funny but 5:58 was really sus :)
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM
Aug 2022
the way that he's pissed all the time is killing me lol and he keeps struggling lmfao what an ass

characters are all very likable

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 21, 2021

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2021

154 by notelle »»
Aug 8, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.