Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The feud between Gauma and the Kaiju Eugenicists is real: Gauma's a traitor to the team, more than just being Kaiju comrades, and Yomogi's first meeting with one of the Eugenicists Juuga is but the first of many.

The small stories fleshed left and right feel kinda disconnected, not in the way that I remember how Gridman connected those fluidly as time goes on. Maybe it's just me or Dynazenon has an even simpler storyline than Gridman does, we'll see.

It just feels that for now, the Kaiju Eugenicists will knowingly activate a Kaiju, and Gauma would activate the Dynazenon to combat it with Yomogi and Co., just like the live-action version. It delivers in the usual way like its brethren episodes.

To die and relive 5000 years for the Kaiju users, I'm wondering what this has in store.
Apr 16, 2021 7:30 AM
Sep 2015
I hope the woman Gauma looking for is not his girlfriend, because I totally ship him with Onija, the red hair villain guy. It's like they used to be a couple but not satisfied with their breakup sex 5000 years ago so the unfinished feeling turn into rage.
Apr 16, 2021 7:44 AM

Mar 2008
Oh boy, I can already see the Kaiju Eugenicists somehow coaxing Yume to their side by promising to revive her sister.
Apr 16, 2021 7:48 AM

Oct 2017
Gauma's backstory was pretty interesting, so it's all for a woman eh. Also lol the onee san at Yomogi's work place is Koyomi's ex classmate and damn she's even married.
Apr 16, 2021 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
5000 years ago? it could not be Akane right? i wonder who this woman that Gauma is waiting for

and looks like they are really not in a cyber world this time like the first Gridman anime since there is a space, heck Trigger is known for going to space in the finale but its only 3 episodes in and their already in space

Kaiju makes everything possible like reviving people huh so Yume might try to revive her sister
Apr 16, 2021 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
Looks like they’re for sure not in a cyber world or imaginary world this time around. I wonder who the woman Gauma is looking for is tho. Really interesting backstory with he and the Kaiju Eugeneticists. Great ep as usual
Apr 16, 2021 8:13 AM

Oct 2020
Gauma's character just gets more and more interesting. There's a lot to speculate about this woman he's trying to meet. The rivalry between Gauma and the Eugenicists is pretty interesting. Another great fight between Dynazenon and a kaiju. I can't wait to see more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2016
- "Is that person a guy ?"
- "Its a woman"
- "Aaaaaah"

Anime 101 lmao.

The woman who Yomogi works with, the one who met the unemployed senpai .. i wonder if theres something more in it. Also ... imagine Yumes sister being the woman Gauma is talking about ...
Apr 16, 2021 8:59 AM

Sep 2018
What an underwhelming reveal. Gauma makes a big show of trying to keep his motivations secret from the others, and then it turns out he's just looking for a woman? I don't see why he couldn't have just told them other than the writers trying to shoehorn in some forced drama. Also, there were quite a few illogical moments in the kaiju battle. Dynazenon couldn't get close to the kaiju because of the explosions, so to get around this they got right up close and flew it up into space where its explosions wouldn't work, then destroyed it with explosions? Alright then. I don't even know why they were worried about the explosions in the first place, since it didn't look like Dynazenon was taking any damage from them.
Apr 16, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2008
This ep gave me Gundam Reconguista vibes by hw awkwardly directed it was. I felt like someone made a fine enough story concept, handed them to the scenarist and director expecting them to use it as a template (add more scenes, frame everything better, etc.) but those two just copy-pasted everything into the scenario.
Also, how can you cut explosions? And let's not talk about the whole "Should we fight the Kaiju? Classes are still not over."

Definitely a bad ep, even though there are traces of some potentially alright storytelling hidden beneath the awkward exterior and some very strange direction choices. I hope following eps are better directed, because at least as far as characters are concerned, this has potential to be better than Gridman.
Apr 16, 2021 9:08 AM
Aug 2020
Really loving the fight scenes in this show. Trigger always makes some of the best anime fight scenes.
Apr 16, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2016
The episode is really. Very funny and also entertaining. I guess that’s Yomogi’s father pic in his cellphone. I have a feeling all the characters personal backstory are connected somehow.
Apr 16, 2021 9:55 AM
Dec 2018
In my personal theory, I think the woman Gauma is trying to meet is either Akane or Yuka from the original Gridman because they are both known to be able to create kaiju like beings and have well verse moments of being able to connect with kaiju (I assume Akane should since the last episode of SSSS Gridman). Tho tbh I think I lean more into it being Yuka because of an episode where Yuka felt sympathetic for a mummy and rn the fanbase says Gauma is that mummy. And that in that episode the Dragonic Cannon was made because of an artifact that was found in that episode.

And my thoughts about this episode is that it ain't as hype as the last episode but I still really like how the story is playing out so far. I hope to see the twists happen throughout the series and I am excited to see what kinda turns will happen with this series and the inevitable sakuga focused episode that will try to go more deeper into the character's situation. The battles are very awesome and lively and is in general still a pretty good continuation of the other 2 Gridman series's.
HeroicGangsterApr 16, 2021 10:06 AM
Apr 16, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
HeroicGangster said:
In my personal theory, I think the woman Gauma is trying to meet is either Akane or Yuka from the original Gridman because they are both known to be able to create kaiju like beings and have well verse moments of being able to connect with kaiju (I assume Akane should since the last episode of SSSS Gridman). Tho tbh I think I lean more into it being Yuka because of an episode where Yuka felt sympathetic for a mummy and rn the fanbase says Gauma is that mummy. And that in that episode the Dragonic Cannon was made because of an artifact that was found in that episode.

Now it would really blow my mind if it was Yuka. So far this has been very unrelated to Gridman
Apr 16, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2018
Switch_Z said:
HeroicGangster said:

Now it would really blow my mind if it was Yuka. So far this has been very unrelated to Gridman
I am pretty glad so far that SSSS Dynazenon feels more fresh and does not have as much reference moments like the last one. If it is another person then I won't complain, but honestly I am currently supporting the notion that Yuka is that woman. I want my OG Gridman appearances!!!
Apr 16, 2021 10:40 AM
Jun 2019
So far, I'm loving the drama aspects of this show: the characters and their interactions are really good. The art and direction continue to be very on point as well, and what an amazing OST.

Good to see some development for Gauma and other characters, and, although I still think the action scenes are too straightforward, it's starting to improve, especially because they're mixing it with those drama aspects in a very satisfying way. Also, nice to finally get some background on the main plot. I can see some great potential for it as the kaiju users are more developed.
Apr 16, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2020
I wonder what happened 5000 years ago and woman that Gauma talking about also, I feel like something in ssss gridman will be an important thing for the backstory in here
Apr 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
So is Chise related to Rikka and Yuuta or what? She has Rikka's eyes and Yuta's hair color lol coincidence much?
And well, I like the awkward dialogue, visuals and ost, it's very enjoyable but my problem with the series is that the 'reveals' and mystery don't have any impact at all.
1. I was really interested in why Yume always breaks her promises and why she said "there is something wrong with me" in ep1, so I thought that she was gonna be the mysterious girl until like 8th episode or something. But in the next episode she casually told Yomogi that her sister died (I also don't understand why she became so close to him suddenly). That part was so underwhelming since I expected something more complicated based on the first episode? I mean, at this point we all know it's going to be something like "I couldn't keep my promise with her so I break all my promises now", so her story is pretty much over now. Except that she's probably gonna betray them in a few episodes to revive her sister but return to them anyways. I guess I prefer Rikka (not just because of thighs)
2. Tbh who cares about some secret when there is a kaiju in front of you ready to destroy the city. And that secret wasn't that much of a secret either. You want to meet a woman? Ok sure, but why would you hide that and apologize after? It didn't really feel as an important scene at all. She is probably related to the person creating the kaiju, or it's just her.
Apr 16, 2021 11:55 AM

Nov 2013
i wonder what year this is actually set in since he died 5000 years ago so like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Jesus if it was set in 20something
but well it was another epic episode, bit less action than in the previous once so they can focus more on the character development but I liked it
Apr 16, 2021 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
Look the show is reasonably fun despite how silly it is, but one thing I cannot comprehend is how passive and almost BORED these main characters are to everything happening to them.

Like its not just me right? Yomogi is talking to the leader of the freaking Kaiju eugenicists, a group that control kaiju by shooting the star trek sign and he only learned existed like yesterday, and learns that not Gaum and the rest of the Eugenicists were comrades 5000 YEARS AGO and then died and were revived today and are not enemies for some reason, and the only responce he has to it all is "really boggles the mind"??? When he tells the other characters too theyre just like "wow".

I guess I should not be surprised considering instead of going to practice PILOTING HIS MECH THAT CAN TURN INTO A DRAGON, he would rather work his convenience store job! The rest of the characters are no better mind you. The unemployed guy who rationalizes that this is like him becoming employed? That is the LEAST interesting thing about your situation friend.

Again the show is fun so far for the most part, but how these characters just seem to be passively accepting this ridiculous situation is just so bizzarre to me man.
Apr 16, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2017
This show is absurdly fun to watch.

I love how everybody is too calm in this series. like, all the kaiju thingy is not a big deal. I would be terrified to death if there's a Kaiju fighting even from a different country. Even the Kaiju Entugistic(?) whatever casually hanging out with Yomogi. I can't really see them as the main villain right now. it's just.. weird. the relation between each character is absurd. but I like it.
Apr 16, 2021 2:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
F U L L B U R S O T O O O

This show is so much silly fun.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2021 2:30 PM

Aug 2020
I like how nobody was surprised that they died 5000 years ago and got revived.
Apr 16, 2021 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
I think the cast here is stronger than Gridman's but it feels like something's missing when it comes to overall presentation and execution. This episode especially felt 'off.'. Still lots of fun though. Seeing the score so low, and those reviews now pouring in, is kinda sad.
Apr 16, 2021 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Then,Gauma I was already dead by this one I didn't expect it it was very good there were a lot of things about Gauma.
Apr 16, 2021 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
Gauma's reasoning for fighting were frankly much tamer than what I was expecting tbh. Searching for the women that left him Dynazenon huh? I was expecting something more grand like a change of heart after planetary genocide or something. Guess I was expecting too much.

Ohh no Yume...
Apr 16, 2021 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
oh damn! THICC legs gurl had few scenes! too bad!!!! oh well
4/5.

Apr 16, 2021 7:47 PM
Oct 2019
Cannot wait Shizumu or Mujina do Instant Domination
Apr 16, 2021 8:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another great and fun episode, lots of new plot stuff, Gauma and the Eugenicists are all revived after being dead for 5000 years, used to work together, and now Gauma is looking for a woman, which is also the reason he fights. Excited to see how this stuff develops, and after hearing some theories here in the discussion about how it could be connected to Gridman, that’s got me very intrigued on this story, although even if it isn’t connected I’d still be into it.

Kaiju fight was really cool like before, surprised they already went to space this early lol. Yume is having some spooky thoughts about reviving the dead too, very interesting.
Apr 16, 2021 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Although I don't think too highly of Trigger, I can't deny their anime always give off a nice feeling of being among friends. It's cozy to watch, even if what's happening on screen is the dumbest stuff.
Apr 17, 2021 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
another quite decent episode, nice developments for the team and cool fight at the end there too.
Apr 17, 2021 1:57 AM

Feb 2014
Though this seems all over the place rn, I'm sure it will blow us away mid-season just like Gridman did.

MegamiRem said:
Also lol the onee san at Yomogi's work place is Koyomi's ex classmate and damn she's even married.

And she even tried to flirt with Yomogi. I'm smelling some ara ara here.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 17, 2021 3:04 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, the Kaiju Eugenicists are pretty interesting, Mujina and Shizumu seems pretty chill though lmao. Seems Yomogi's boss will be kind of relevant to the plot, I thought she'd just be a side character. Wonder what happened between her and Koyomi in middle school. Speaking of Koyomi, pretty funny how we got Kamiya Hiroshi in here also voicing Juuga, it just reminds me of Araragi.

Damn, they revived after 5000 years, who could the woman Gauma is looking for possibly be? Is it a character we already know or not? I can't wait to find out. I am sure once we reach the second half of the season is when things get really wild like in Gridman.

Oh no, hopefully Yume doesn't do anything rash to revive her sister. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 17, 2021 6:37 AM

Apr 2016

I mean look ... the red haired dude .. no mater the wind conditions, he keeps his swag untouched, thats worth a respect.
Apr 17, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 2010
Faggot MC cares more about his shitty baito and a random hobo he picked up than piloting giant robots and flying in space. Just a completely unbelievable and shitty character considering how the show is trying to portray the rest of their everyday life as realistic as it possibly could.
Apr 17, 2021 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
StardustReverie said:
Faggot MC cares more about his shitty baito and a random hobo he picked up than piloting giant robots and flying in space. Just a completely unbelievable and shitty character considering how the show is trying to portray the rest of their everyday life as realistic as it possibly could.

Its a mecha not a robot.
Apr 17, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
Last episode we learnt Dynazenon has a sound system, this episode, a breathing feature to cause fanservice:

I think Yomogi having yellow eyes (like Juuga, like Gridman, Rikka's Mother etc.) might be significant with him having the aptitude to pilot Dyna Soldier.

Yes, I CALLED IT! Gauma has to be the 5000-year-old ancient Chinese mummy from episode 18 of Denkou Choijin Gridman. But the Kaiju Eugenicists are also 5000-year-old corpses. Since they look quite diverse, they could've been Kaiju Users from other civilizations around the world, this might explain the two Egyptian ankhs that Yume has. So many references to the original Tokusatsu. This show is awesome.

Koyomi went to school with Yomogi's boss. She does look like she has dyed hair so is she also the girl in Koyomi's flashback? I don't think it's Kano because the ages wouldn't match up.

So her response to Koyomi congratulating her on her marriage, did she just mean she's been married long enough that a congratulations is overdue or is she implying she is divorced or even a widow?
Also appreciate that Gauma is employed but living under a bridge eating wild crabs.

Possibilities for the woman:

• The princess he fell in love with in the cyber mummy's backstory.
  • Yuka Inoue whom the cyber mummy mistook for the princess. She controls Dyna Dragon so she could be the woman that entrusted Gauma with Dynazenon.
  • Akane, unlikely because the creators have finished her story but it would be a nice connection back to SSSS.GRIDMAN.
  • Kano (Yume's sister) or Kanae, whom Yume is trying to find.

Combine Dragon God Dynazenon would be more accurate and badass:

Epic choir music

So in SSSS.GRIDMAN, when we thought we'd be going to space, we didn't, but in SSSS.DYNAZENON, we're in space as early as episode 3. Thanks, Trigger.

So Yume might do a betrayal to revive her sister? Also this line could be a reference to Mu La Flaga's line from Gundam SEED or very loosely, Rap is a man's soul from Gurren Lagann:

I'm not going to conclude if being in space means it's the real world just yet. Onija surviving could be computer world shenanigans or could just be that the 5000-year-old Kaiju Users are immortal now they are revived.
Fortress_MaximusApr 18, 2021 3:21 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 17, 2021 4:58 PM

Nov 2016
StardustReverie said:
It is as realistic as it possibly can, the characters have seen how after a fight the city looks and how many deaths are there, why would anyone want to pilot a robot (that you don't know how to pilot) and fight against other robots where the fights can end in killing your own people. Smh, you are the crazy one lmao, and don't know if you haven't noticed but no one of the main characters except Gauma gives a shit about Dynazenon.
Apr 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
I'm really liking Yume character, i was expecting some shitty waifubait, but she's really developing and feel like her own person.

Chise is extremely suspicious.

Apr 18, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2019
I loved this ep sooo much!

Apr 18, 2021 6:03 AM
Apr 2018
I don't feel like the kaiju eugenicists are bad people, even if they do what seems like bad things. I'm curious what their motive are since Juuga doesn't look like a villain per say. Besides that, I'm really enjoying it so far.
Apr 18, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2020
Now after watching Ep 3 i can say for a fact that this is Bland as hell in many ways
let's assume it only exists cause gridman did moderately well...
Apr 18, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2020
Guys, didn't this lake appear in SSSS.Gridman?

Apr 18, 2021 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
- "Is that person a guy ?"
- "Its a woman"
- "Aaaaaah"

I laughed pretty hard. Everyone was just like "Yeah, makes sense" lol.

I was so-so about the first 2 episodes, but honestly, I felt that way about SSSS.GRIDMAN as well. This episode was far stronger. I suddenly feel a little more invested in everyone. I want Koyomi to reconnect with the girl from middle school (whom is also Yomogi's supervisor). I want Yume to come to terms with her sisters passing, and I want Yomogi to connect with her and be there to support her (We will assume as a close friend). I want Gauma to find who he is looking for, whom I suspect will help tie this in to SSSS.GRIDMAN (but maybe not).

But most of all, I want stupid tokusatsu action, because that's really what I am here for.
Apr 18, 2021 3:25 PM

Dec 2008
First off, lol @ Onija being even more OTT than Gauma.

Second, with the themes that are emerging, I think this show will end up interesting.
Apr 18, 2021 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
Hm... I do like what we're seeing, but there are several things that prevent this show from being as engaging as SSSS Gridman. My main gripe is how, despite them trying to be as realistic as possible, the reactions to the mass destruction and kaiju appearing are really unconvincing. With Gridman, you have the rather brilliant excuse of them forgetting what went on and having the damage repaired after a single day, but here, there doesn't seem to be much impact.

Regardless, what do they mean by having not combine before? They did that like in every episode...
Apr 18, 2021 7:31 PM

Apr 2021
For people who mentioning akene. Let me remind you that the directors have confirmed they're not bring the old cast into this show. I'ts seperate from SSSS Gridman. But it does confirm that series is based of this episode of the original gridman. Just want to get everyone up to speed.
Apr 18, 2021 7:36 PM

Apr 2021
NagiAbyss said:
Now after watching Ep 3 i can say for a fact that this is Bland as hell in many ways

Moderately here. Exceedingly well liked back home in it's turf. It just goes to show that the west has a severe taste problem.
Apr 19, 2021 3:33 AM

Feb 2020
MALHasBadTaste said:
NagiAbyss said:

Moderately here. Exceedingly well liked back home in it's turf. It just goes to show that the west has a severe taste problem.

Honestly everyone in Japan and Asia are emotionally dead inside and i can confirm cuz im half so what better than emotionally dead shows. kek
Apr 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2021
NagiAbyss said:
MALHasBadTaste said:

Honestly everyone in Japan and Asia are emotionally dead inside and i can confirm cuz im half so what better than emotionally dead shows. kek

If you think SOCIETY is bad there. It's even worse here. There's a reason toku and the likes still thrive in asian regions.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

121 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:53 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2021

106 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:06 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2021

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:08 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.