Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 23, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2015
Man this was amazing
Yes, the animation was awful. But the story was damn good I can overlook it
Apr 23, 2021 7:27 AM

Jun 2016
finally the score going higher and higher ..
i still remembered this show just get score 6.7 below

i knew it this gonna be a good show since early episode
Apr 23, 2021 3:48 PM
Nov 2020
Finally this show got interesting ....good thing I held on to it so far lol. Everything before this episode felt like endless (technical) battles and leveling up, choosing skills (etc.) with bits of the humans' story being shown on the side.

I got strong NTR vibes when Sue got brainwashed like that (I wonder how far Hugo went with that ability LOL).

I was hoping Shun would kiss Katia to wake her up :)

Also, Sophia is hot.
kuwangpaApr 23, 2021 4:00 PM
Apr 23, 2021 6:44 PM
Jan 2018
kuwangpa said:
Finally this show got interesting ....good thing I held on to it so far lol. Everything before this episode felt like endless (technical) battles and leveling up, choosing skills (etc.) with bits of the humans' story being shown on the side.

I got strong NTR vibes when Sue got brainwashed like that (I wonder how far Hugo went with that ability LOL).

I was hoping Shun would kiss Katia to wake her up :)

Also, Sophia is hot.

Katia is still a dude in Shun's eyes, even though she's fully embraced her womanhood at that point. She
Besides, Kanata was either
back on earth.
Apr 23, 2021 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
kuwangpa said:

Thought of that as well, when she said "I realized True Love"...

making it sound like she was brainwash into loving the bastard...

So sad to see the Human side literally gone to crap. I can already tell by the end of this series, most Human reincarnate will probably be dead, leaving just Shun (cause he's apparently suppose to be the "Human MC" with plot armor, while Kumo's the "Monster MC")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 23, 2021 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
amlg said:
kuwangpa said:

Thought of that as well, when she said "I realized True Love"...

making it sound like she was brainwash into loving the bastard...

So sad to see the Human side literally gone to crap. I can already tell by the end of this series, most Human reincarnate will probably be dead, leaving just Shun (cause he's apparently suppose to be the "Human MC" with plot armor, while Kumo's the "Monster MC")

It's a little more complicated than that.
Apr 25, 2021 1:06 PM
May 2017
I have made better presentations than the fights scenes in this episode. Even as an anime-only, I think this one episode was very rushed, resulting in "Sub-par" animation (Sub-par is a compliment). Here's hoping it doesn't turn into a second Arifureta from this point on.
Apr 26, 2021 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
I am SO happy I'm not the only one who noticed that the animation was...off this episode. I binged this right after finishing TenSura, and the difference in quality was so stark I thought I was seeing things. Like, it seems like they would always cut away without finishing a certain action, which leaves you kind of unsatisfied. Like, you would see someone throw a punch, you'd hear the sound, but they would cut away before it actually connected, which is so weird because that's the payoff moment! It made it so I don't half know what's going on in some scenes.

Must say that despite that, I am thoroughly enjoying this anime.

I have been majorly spoiled, but some of it I had kinda already pieced together. Like the difference in Kumoko's time and Schlain's. Kinda figured that out when Julius was explaining about his mother's spiderweb scarf and Fei's egg.

I must say though, the adaption is doing a horrible job of making me root for the demons. Like, once I figured out who Kumoko was, I knew she had a reason for taking the actions she did. So, I felt like the things she did were probably justified in order to save the world...until I read the spoilers.

Going to admit, the motivations of the demon team don't really justify their actions for me (from what I currently know). As boring as the human story was up until this episode, I've become attached to the humans. Particularly Julius...his death leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and makes me unable to fully support the demons. Also, I'm sure Sophia has a reason for doing what she did as well, but again...helping Hugo brainwash Sue into killing her own dad...? The end is not outweighing the means for me. That might change as things progress, but that's where I currently stand with things.

Also, based on the spoilers, the reasons of why and how seem overly convoluted and complex for me. But, in a market where isekais are a dime a dozen (like seriously we get at least 3 new isekai adaptations a season), you have to stand out in some way.

Overall, still excited to be on this ride.
Apr 27, 2021 7:31 PM
Mar 2012
Cool op Sophia/baby, needs more backstory on vamp side.
There's a mix of real cool action shots vs confusing over-zoomed animation directing.
Hmm, Katia clearly growing towards bestgrill.
The big coup, Shun exile did its job.
Fei nice transformed design, wish the eyes put more soul like Kumoko, rather than cg blob.
Apr 30, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2019
In my opinion this was a meh anime and now is garbage. Shun is the new Kirito, a garbage character who wakes up new powers from nowhere to save his friends. Its so lame and pathetic.
May 7, 2021 9:52 AM
Aug 2017
Glordit said:
The animation quality took a huge nose dive in this episode?
I mean it was good till our spider was onscreen but shun side made me irritated, they didn't even show fight scene like show something and other thing already happened. Didn't even animated the girl stabing herself.

The episode that could be one of best became sh*t.
May 7, 2021 9:53 AM
Aug 2017
Dabraxus said:
Holy... I like the story, really. But this episode's animation quality was so damn bad that it almost physically hurt to watch it! The action scenes were a clusterfuck of bad animations, stills, rapid cuts: Just a stuttering mess..
ya this episode irritated the fcuk out of me.
May 16, 2021 6:54 PM
Jan 2017
I really love it !!
May 20, 2021 5:03 PM
Jan 2021
The animation became shit a later half but it did get interesting and im more invested in the human side now looks like this is gonna be a huge plot point in the future...... now im really exited of what's gonna happen
May 27, 2021 4:49 AM

Jan 2014
I'm still confused as to why Shun brother called Filimos by her previous name.
May 27, 2021 10:43 PM
Dec 2017
Abyhape said:
I'm still confused as to why Shun brother called Filimos by her previous name.

That's something that the anime skipped.

This is not a spoiler but I put in the box just in case you don't want to read it

Unfortunatelly a lot got cut from the human side in the anime. From all the cuts that the studio needed to do to fight 5 volumes in 24 episodes, the human side was the one that suffered the most.
Yes, in the novel it still is less interesting than Kumoko's side but it still a more than decent story that focus on worldbuilding and the hardships that the reincarnations needed to face to adapt ot their new lives.
May 29, 2021 1:48 PM
Aug 2018
Glordit said:
The animation quality took a huge nose dive in this episode?

It always was bad whenever the human side came up. From Kumoko's first fight with humans onward.
May 30, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
The story in this episode was really interesting but the actions scenes were atrocious! I was struggling to understand what was actually happening.

I loved the extreme contrast between how everyone else sees the MC vs how everyone else sees her. They must've been so confused seeing her roll on the groud like that.

Shun's storyling suddenly became a lot more interesting in this episode. Too bad the animation dragged it down so much. I hope they fix it slightly in the BDs one day.

Sophia really did grow up to be a beauty and she works for the demon lord? Wut? Now I'm even more curious with what will happen to her to cause such an extreme shift.
Jun 23, 2021 8:55 PM
Oct 2019
i'm guessing spider girl essentially winds up looking after the vamp from afar and eventually winds up raising her because her parents die or something (if those were even her parents to begin with). but why?

the coup was a nice plot device. and the jackass prince having the lust skill "fits" with his character

the "good" prince is so f***ing lame though. i wish both of the princes would die. his dragon egg girl familiar thing finally returns. no way she fit inside that small egg though. i call b.s.

the elf teacher did bad things? hmm

we are at the stage of this anime where things may completely go off the rails. things might become lame, absurd and stupid really quickly. i hope not. i hope the plot and the character's decisions/motivations continue to make sense, but we shall see. i'm concerned. i've seen things go to đź’© before
Jul 5, 2021 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
so MC saved little vampire girl who ends up working for demon lord
Jul 12, 2021 4:48 PM

May 2012
wow, the animation dipped tremendously here lol
Sep 17, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Eating fellow spider siblings was fine but Kumoko eating dead humans is messed up to me.

Unfortunate first meeting with a classmate as fellow loner Negishi reincarnated as a beautiful vampire ...and not some weak little insect or something like Kumoko ..poor her

Apr 1, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, I really hope that Kumoko is stronger than the Demon Lord. I really hope so.

Also, it seems like Negishi Shoko has grown bigger now.
Feb 17, 2023 9:19 PM

Feb 2012
I'm amazed that the most significant episode yet has the worse animation. This looks to be a major turning point in the story and should move us towards the climax, but it looked so ugly. This should have been one of the episodes that should look the best.
Jun 24, 2023 9:35 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say there's no season 2.
Nov 16, 2023 5:14 PM

Nov 2019
this new "Hero" sucks
Dec 16, 2023 7:57 AM

Nov 2023
Kumoko finally got outside yay
Dec 28, 2023 5:07 PM
Dec 2020
Holy crap the animation on this ep is BAD, the character position changes inconsistently around 15m-21m.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 15, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

11 by Valenstine »»
Mar 29, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.