Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2021 1:08 PM
Nov 2020
I recently finished UBW and uh, didn't really enjoy it that much. I really want to just get to fate zero, but these movies are next in the watch order. From the descriptions, it just seems like more of the same from UBW, and I don't really want to spend 6 more hours on that. Are these movies actually good and enjoyable, or can I skip them and just go to Zero?
Apr 15, 2021 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
In my opinion it was already a mistake to start with UBW to begin with....
Apr 15, 2021 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Just watch fate/zero first, you should’ve started out with zero in the first place
Apr 15, 2021 1:57 PM
Jun 2017
In my opinion UBW wasn't great but at the same time it's wasn't as bad as the one done by studio Deen but HF is better in terms of character development that's why I think people should watch it
Apr 15, 2021 2:01 PM
Dec 2020
Heavens feel is quite a lot different and quite a lot better than unlimited blade works imo. Also, ignore the people saying to just go to zero as zero spoils some very important plot points in heavens feel
Apr 15, 2021 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
Hirsh200 said:
I recently finished UBW and uh, didn't really enjoy it that much. I really want to just get to fate zero, but these movies are next in the watch order. From the descriptions, it just seems like more of the same from UBW, and I don't really want to spend 6 more hours on that. Are these movies actually good and enjoyable, or can I skip them and just go to Zero?

yes they are good and enjoyable, you wont regret it :)
Apr 15, 2021 2:11 PM
Dec 2020
Hirsh200 said:
imo the movies are really good. It a different route so the main villains are different. The animation is incredible. Zero is good too. I recommend watching both.
Apr 15, 2021 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Well you should have started with zero.

The correct watch order is zero > UBW > HF
Apr 15, 2021 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
mattnoce said:
Well you should have started with zero.

The correct watch order is zero > UBW > HF

What makes that the "correct" watch order? Fate/stay night came out first.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 15, 2021 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Fate 2006 came out first yeah but that adaptation is awful. Most people say to just skip it. Are you aware of how fate is split up into 3 different routes? Fate UBW spoils the absolute shit out of pretty much every major event in fate zero
Apr 15, 2021 2:41 PM
Jul 2020
fate/zero spoils the content in HF so don't go into zero now... complete HF and then move to zero
Apr 15, 2021 2:46 PM

Jun 2016
mattnoce said:
Fate 2006 came out first yeah but that adaptation is awful. Most people say to just skip it. Are you aware of how fate is split up into 3 different routes? Fate UBW spoils the absolute shit out of pretty much every major event in fate zero

And fate/zero being a prequel that came out after the original also spoils stuff from fate/stay night and it was made with audiences familiar with the original VN in mind. I'm not saying that watching fate/zero first will ruin the experience but as a release order snob I believe that it should be watched after fate/stay night.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 15, 2021 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah that’s fine to watch it after the 2006 series. But starting with UBW before watching zero is not the way to go
Apr 15, 2021 4:53 PM
Sep 2020
Yus good very good watch them u will not be disappointed unless u hate action and insane budgets not to mention a sprinkle of eldritch style horror
Apr 15, 2021 4:59 PM
Aug 2020
Hirsh200 said:

They are actually quite good, especially the 2nd one however you should probably just go ahead and watch Fate/Zero first
Apr 15, 2021 10:17 PM
Jul 2020
Hirsh200 said:
I’d say you’re free to do whatever. Just bear in mind that Zero will spoil some major plot points from Heavens feel if you ever decide to watch it.
Apr 16, 2021 4:13 AM
Jan 2021
Hirsh200 said:
you’re meant to watch zero first since it leads the events after into the different fate series. it’s the base of all the fate series.
Apr 16, 2021 4:30 AM
May 2020
Watch HF first. In the third movie, it explains what happened in 3rd Holy Grail War, which is mentioned in Fate/Zero. But instead, if you watch Zero first, this information will make no sense at all without context and you'll feel it's a random event, in fact what happened in 3rd Holy Grail War was important to the main timeline series as a whole.

That, if you want the full experience of the story. But it seems you're not enjoying that much from UBW, and actually watch Fate/Zero first doesn't really make a big problem either. If you just meant to watch the series casually, better watch Zero. It's good as a standalone.

You don't need to, but you're recommended to.
PlayayApr 16, 2021 7:07 AM
Apr 16, 2021 10:16 AM
Oct 2018
How are people saying to watch zero before UBW lmao, the entire point is that it's a prequel and should be watched after you finish the main 3 routes. It also spoils a lot of heavens feel. Zero should be the last thing you watch imo
Apr 17, 2021 5:10 AM
Oct 2020
I watch Zero then UBW then HF and it's just fine. I think the "Zero spoiled HF" didn't really affect that much of my enjoyment and for me at least, chronological is better to understand the context. Also, first episode of Zero, even though it is kinda a chore, is the perfect way to be introduced to the series if you don't want to play the visual novel. And yes, UBW imo is by far the weakest of the 3 adaptation by Ufotable. Heaven's Feel is quite a lot better but it has really different undertones to it's narrative compared to Zero and UBW
Apr 21, 2021 2:03 AM

May 2015
axelanimemal said:
Hirsh200 said:
you’re meant to watch zero first since it leads the events after into the different fate series. it’s the base of all the fate series.
It's not the base of all fate series lol. Not getting involved in watch order debates but that sentence really bothers me

Apr 21, 2021 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
Hirsh200 said:

The movies aren't particularly good, but you must to finish the Heaven's Feel route before moving on to /Zero. So, you're gonna need to either grin and bear it for 6 hours, or play through it in the Visual Novel, a largely better version of the route.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
May 21, 2021 9:37 AM

Aug 2020
thiccweeb said:
It also spoils a lot of heavens feel.

Uhhh, what? The only thing it really 'spoils' is that

Sakura Matou is best girl in all anime and its not even close
May 21, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2020
Please, watch Fate/Zero rn. It was a huge mistake to watch UBW first because it wasn't that great of an introduction and wasn't that great either, while Fate/Zero is an amazing introduction to the Fate series and is a 10/10 the entire way through. As for your question for if you need to watch these, yes you do. The three movies are absolutely outstanding in every aspect and have the best girl in all anime (you see my signature, fight me) as the main heroine. The OST and fight scenes are also amazing and one of the fights in the final movie is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time.
May 21, 2021 9:40 AM
Oct 2018
the_1ne_eyed_owl said:
thiccweeb said:

Bruj that's basically half the whole plot of HF
May 21, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2020
thiccweeb said:
Bruj that's basically half the whole plot of HF

Well the earlier doesn't really matter too much since they knocked it out of the way rlly early in presage flower iirc (wait, was it presage flower or lost butterfly that they revealed it? Either way, it isn't that major) and then as I said, Sakura's other side was more of just foreshadowing.
May 25, 2021 3:54 AM

Jan 2021
You are suppose to start with Zero first anyways...
Jun 26, 2021 5:35 PM
Apr 2021
the_1ne_eyed_owl said:
thiccweeb said:

and it spoils ketones whole bit and kiristugu s back story . Zero is a prequel and you really shouldn’t watch the prequel first unless you have already watched the anime series or played the VN
Jul 16, 2021 3:30 PM
Feb 2021
I watched Zero first then the Fate 2006 Version, UBW then Heaven's Feel last.
Sep 12, 2021 12:00 AM

May 2016
The people in here saying Zero is where you’re supposed to start is worrying
Sep 17, 2021 8:50 AM
Jan 2019
There is no correct order in Fate Series. Basically, F/SN have 3 different universe, and feel free to watch which one do you want first, but F/SN: UBW is must watch before you start Heaven's Feel, otherwise you will be confused because there is some story that is similiar in UBW and they must speed the scene. The original 2006 F/SN focused on Saber route, UBW focused in Rin Tohsaka route, and Heaven's Feel focused in Sakura Matou route.

Both F/SN and Fate/Zero spoil each other, Fate Zero is a prequel of Fate/Stay Night, which is 10 years before the 2nd Holy Grail War, or... basically the first one. Whether this spoil that and that spoil this was always happening in Fate. Fate SN and Zero is the main universe of fate as we all know, and the rest like Fate Kaleid Iilya is a spinoff.

Fate Series is basically an anime that has a lot of different time line and universe, after learning shitton of "How to watch Fate Series" it truly has no order when you watch the series.

You start with starting with UBW and Fate/SN 2006 was okay, also skipping 2006 is also okay and just went to UBW. Unless if you are curious about Saber route, watch it. It would be better if Ufotable decided to remake Fate Stay Night 2006 so everyone would not skip it that much.
UnoriginalitySep 17, 2021 8:54 AM
Dec 11, 2021 2:11 AM
Dec 2021
Hirsh200 said:

Each anime besides zero is what is called a “route”. From my understanding routes in this anime franchise is basically just who the MC ends up with or has the most romantic interactions with. If I’m not mistaken the whole fate series was originally a somewhat hentai story that got tweaked for the public to watch. Watch order IMO doesn’t matter, if you like being somewhat confused and kept guessing then watch Zero last. If you like watching things chronologically then watch zero first and then UBW or Heavens Feel trilogy. I personally watched the whole series by release date but have yet to watch the Heavens Feel movies since I want to binge watch them. Ufotable is probably my favorite studio since the Fate franchise was one of the first anime’s I watched and was blown away by.

P.s. those other Fate shows that aren’t Fate Stay Night (org), UBW, or Heavens Feel are just for fun and can be watched whenever since they aren’t part of the routes.
Dec 30, 2021 11:38 AM
Dec 2021
Heaven's Feel is one of the best of the routes, and it changes everything you never knew, and also, it's dark af!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.