Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone else only watch anime on phone?

New
Apr 15, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2020
I have been going through the internet and I have most people don't watch anime on phone because "Its worse on phone" do you think this is true?, I only have a phone so nearly all of the anime I have watched have been on my phone, Should I stop watching anime because apparently its worse to watch it on your phone for reasons? or should I carry on watching anime on my phone as usual. I'm probably overreacting as usual lol but yea. I would like to know there's any other anime watchers who only watch on phone like me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 15, 2021 9:54 AM
Dec 2016
I honestly think it doesn't make any difference, but I prefer to watch on phone as shows look better on my phone.
Apr 15, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
I watch it on my phone, I find it more convenient because I don’t have anything else to watch it on while I lay in bed. I could watch it on tv in living room but I prefer the phone. But hands get sore holding my phone to watch it, that’s my only complaint. Watch it how ever works for you ^-^
Apr 15, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2020
There really isn't much of a difference when it comes to watching anime on a computer or on a mobile device, at the end of the day you're still watching anime so ultimately, it's just a matter of preference, so there's nothing wrong with watching anime on mobile devices. I feel like when people say "It's worse on phone", they mainly refer to the quality of a show and the difference in size between a monitor and a phone screen, but I don't really care too much about that, (as I stated before) at the end of the day, you're able to enjoy your shows
Zackack99Apr 20, 2021 8:23 AM
Apr 15, 2021 10:00 AM
Jun 2019
I only watch on the phone because I have to. My computer is too slow to watch anime.

Also, as long as you enjoy it, it doesn't matter what device you use to watch anime
Apr 15, 2021 10:01 AM
Dec 2017
i always watch on tv or on my desktop/laptop

Apr 15, 2021 10:01 AM
May 2020
I watch on my phone quite a bit and I don't see any issues with it. You should do whatever you like to do. If someone has an issue with how you watch something, they are the weird ones haha
Apr 15, 2021 10:05 AM

Aug 2019
i watch it on phone like 90% of the time, otherwise tv or laptop. its literally the same thing just smaller
Apr 15, 2021 10:08 AM

Aug 2020
zaviccler said:
i watch it on phone like 90% of the time, otherwise tv or laptop. its literally the same thing just smaller
Some people say it affects the anime and stuff, but ig I was overreacting lmao.
Apr 15, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2019
LCLicepops said:
zaviccler said:
Some people say it affects the anime and stuff, but ig I was overreacting lmao.

nah you werent really overreacting its aight, watch anime in whatever youre comfortable in. ig it depends on what phone but if you dont see changes still watch on whatever youd like
Apr 15, 2021 10:14 AM

Sep 2018
LCLicepops said:
Should I stop watching anime because apparently its worse to watch it on your phone for reasons?

what ? even if it was true if you're still enjoying anime then you should just continue watching them on whatever device you have
Apr 15, 2021 10:19 AM
Feb 2019
I'd say it depends on the anime. The few times I've watched anime on my phone were "casual" ones, like Takagi san for example. BUT nowadays I'd never watch anime on my phone, the reason is I feel like you lose something along the way, watching it on such a small screen. This is my case of course, but I'm not watching series such as JoJo's, Fate, Fullmetal, Haikyuu, etc. on a phone screen, the anime itself is too grand. And the feelings they try to share, I can't get from a phone I feel like. Altough at the end of the day, you choose whatever suits you the best.
Apr 15, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2010
I only watch it on phone when I am travelling with the bus, but I mean long travels
Apr 15, 2021 10:24 AM

Oct 2019
I used to, and I kind of regret it. It’s not that good of an experience, I usually only watch on my phone if I don’t feel like wearing earbuds or if I downloaded something.
Apr 15, 2021 10:25 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not a fan of that, I think the screen is to tiny, same with reading manga on phone and tablet the two times I have done it, I prefer doing it on a monitor.

Apr 15, 2021 10:26 AM

Dec 2016
I usually watch anime in pc but ironically I prefer phone lol.

It's more comfy laying in your bed watching anime in your phone than being in a chair.
Apr 15, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
The quality difference is more noticeable on pc because of the larger screen, so it's good to watch low-quality shows in phone because it won't affect your watching shit or whatever the fuck.
Though if you're watching high quality on phone, then it would be much smoother and the quality looks amazing.
I guarantee it.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Apr 15, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
i only watch on my phone when im on trips or vacation

Apr 15, 2021 10:28 AM

Jan 2020
I do, since I currently don't own a computer. Besides, I feel more comfortable watching anime on my phone anyway.
Apr 15, 2021 10:29 AM
Apr 2020
I used to but then my phone broke and i was in a great distress then i started watching hanime on pc. I must say it felt different......it was good and now i watch only anime and not hanime.
Don't be a ketsunoana
Apr 15, 2021 10:31 AM

Sep 2020
I watch old animes like 480p on the phone cuz they are not teared up on the phone and HQ anime on my lappy.

โ—ฝโ—ฝโ—ฝ

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

โ—ฝโ—ฝโ—ฝ

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Apr 15, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:
I do, since I currently don't own a computer. Besides, I feel more comfortable watching anime on my phone anyway.
Would u say watching it on phone is worse? or it affects ur viewing?
Apr 15, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2020
LCLicepops said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Personally, I prefer watching anime on phone. I'm not really sure why, but I feel kinda uncomfortable while watching anime on TV or computer.
Apr 15, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
I watch all my anime on either my TV or on my PC, if I had no other option I would watch on my phone but I generally prefer using my phone to read manga or LN's
Apr 15, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2016
If you're playing the anime on a telephone you will never, in a trillion years, experience the anime. You'll think you have experienced it but you'll be cheated. Its such a sadness that you think you've seen an anime on your fucking telephone. Get real.
Apr 15, 2021 10:37 AM

Aug 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:
LCLicepops said:

Personally, I prefer watching anime on phone. I'm not really sure why, but I feel kinda uncomfortable while watching anime on TV or computer.
Ahh same im glad im not the only one, I have been thinking about not watching media (films,tv,anime etc) as a whole because people said that its worse on phone but it seems im not the only one so i will carry on watching media on my phone like I always have (:
Apr 15, 2021 10:39 AM
Jun 2020
I've only really got heavily into anime over the last year and a bit so have only been watching on the TV or laptop because I'm not going anywhere with the lockdown. Might start watching on the phone when I stop working remotely and start travelling back to work.
Apr 15, 2021 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
i watch it mostly on my laptop or my tv, but sometimes i watch it on my phone yeah
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Apr 15, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2020
Tamakiiiiiiii said:
If you're playing the anime on a telephone you will never, in a trillion years, experience the anime. You'll think you have experienced it but you'll be cheated. Its such a sadness that you think you've seen an anime on your fucking telephone. Get real.
Dam :/ ig i have never experienced anime then.
Apr 15, 2021 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
Always on my laptop unless something stops me from doing so. Idk how people can watch anime on a tiny phone screen lol
Apr 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Oct 2020
I started watching anime on my phone but I switched to my laptop as soon as possible. Then I went through a phase where I couldn't watch anime on my laptop cus it would die after 20 minutes off the charger, so I watched a bit on my phone. Now I prefer to watch it on my new laptop with a healthy battery :)

forum set by bunnyama & taiyaki
Apr 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Sep 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:
LCLicepops said:

i think it's just because you're not used to watching anime on computer .. i mean i felt the same thing when i switched from my tablet to my phone and from my phone to my computer , at first it seemed weird but after a while you just get used to it
Apr 15, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
No dude, never. My eyes already hurt and I dont want eye cancer.
Apr 15, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2020
Doc21 said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

i think it's just because you're not used to watching anime on computer .. i mean i felt the same thing when i switched from my tablet to my phone and from my phone to my computer , at first it seemed weird but after a while you just get used to it

That's an obvious answer, but I think something else factors in this too
Apr 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Aug 2020
Rojitoki said:
I always watch on my phone. The screen is big enough (5.7 inch 16:9). It is more comfortable to use phone than laptop or Tv and the videos look better on smaller screen if the video quality is average.
Do u think an iphone 8 is fine? its like 5.45 inches tall and 2.65 wide, thats what i have been using for over a year now.
Apr 15, 2021 11:02 AM

Dec 2016
I only have one electronic gadget and that is my phone which I bought by saving money for many years XD

Phone is more convenient in my opinion. You can watch anime in any position you find comfortable.

It's true that watching in a big screen spices up the fun of the anime you're watching but if you just hold the phone a little closer to your eyes keeping the brightness in a minimum range and really focus on what's happening on the screen then the size seems balanced.
Apr 15, 2021 11:05 AM

Aug 2020
Rickydory123 said:
I only have one electronic gadget and that is my phone which I bought by saving money for many years XD

Phone is more convenient in my opinion. You can watch anime in any position you find comfortable.

It's true that watching in a big screen spices up the fun of the anime you're watching but if you just hold the phone a little closer to your eyes keeping the brightness in a minimum range and really focus on what's happening on the screen then the size seems balanced.
Yea same here, Nearly all of the anime i have watched was on my iphone 8 and iphone 6 which are both fairly small phones but i havent had any problems with them to be honest.
Apr 15, 2021 11:07 AM

May 2009
LCLicepops said:
I have been going through the internet and I have most people don't watch anime on phone because "Its worse on phone" do you think this is true?, I only have a phone so nearly all of the anime I have watched have been on my phone, Should I stop watching anime because apparently its worse to watch it on your phone for reasons? or should I carry on watching anime on my phone as usual. I'm probably overreacting as usual lol but yea. I would like to know there's any other anime watchers who only watch on phone like me.
As someone who does think "it's worse on phone", I'd like to explain what are my reasons for thinking this:

1. The phone's screen is small, compared to desktop monitor, a laptop screen, or even a tablet. If I have a choice of these, I find it more comfortable to watch on these screens. And yes, I will watch stuff at 480p or even lower res on a full-size screen. And I'm okay with that.

2. The speaker on a phone tends to be not as good compared to what I could get from headphones/earbuds/desktop speakers. If you use headphones/earbuds/desktop speakers, then I guess this doesn't apply to you. (I don't recommend earbuds, since I don't think they're good for one's hearing in the long term.) However...

3. Even if I watch anime on my phone, I need a relatively quiet place to do so. Otherwise, I can't properly listen to the audio. So this basically means I don't watch anime in the car, on the bus, on the train, on the plane, etc.. I care a lot about being able to hear the music; if you don't, then this might not apply to you.

"Should I stop watching because apparently it's worse?" Depends on why you watch, I guess. Different people consider different things important to them.
GlennMagusHarveyApr 15, 2021 11:31 AM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 15, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
Zier33o said:
I honestly think it doesn't make any difference, but I prefer to watch on phone as shows look better on my phone.

How the bloody hell can that be true? I get convenience, but how can it look better on a screen 5 times smaller? Do you people not have a TV in your own room? My house has 4 rooms, and we have 5 TVs (one's a spare). Why would anyone choose to watch on a tiny screen if they have an alternative. The only reason I can think of is laziness. Honestly, if you think anime looks the same on a HD screen as it does on an HD phone screen there is something wrong with you.
Apr 15, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2020
DmonHiro said:
Zier33o said:

How the bloody hell can that be true? I get convenience, but how can it look better on a screen 5 times smaller? Do you people not have a TV in your own room? My house has 4 rooms, and we have 5 TVs (one's a spare). Why would anyone choose to watch on a tiny screen if they have an alternative. The only reason I can think of is laziness. Honestly, if you think anime looks the same on a HD screen as it does on an HD phone screen there is something wrong with you.
I am a young teen so ofc im not gonna have my own tv in my room -_- But i do have a phone.
Apr 15, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2019
Most of the time I watch anime using laptop. But sometimes I also watch aime for binging some episodes through phone. I also stores my favorite shows in my phone too so I can watch them wherever I am. You can also watch anime while resting on the bed so it's a plus.

Apr 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
LCLicepops said:
I am a young teen so ofc im not gonna have my own tv in my room

Is this true for many people? When I'm from, everyone has their own TV in their room. Even as children. I've never not had a TV in my room.
Apr 15, 2021 11:19 AM

Aug 2020
DmonHiro said:
LCLicepops said:
I am a young teen so ofc im not gonna have my own tv in my room

Is this true for many people? When I'm from, everyone has their own TV in their room. Even as children. I've never not had a TV in my room.
Idk if ur joking around but if its true that every child has a TV in their room where ur from they must be pretty spoilt.
Apr 15, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
LCLicepops said:
Idk if ur joking around but if its true that every child has a TV in their room where ur from they must be pretty spoilt.

Hahaha, oh, no, my friend. But I believe I can explain. I'm from Romania. We're a 2nd world country, at best. We used to be ruled by communists until 1989. Up until that time, we didn't have much. And while some did have TVs, there were no TV channels except 2 hours of President Ceausescu talking about the greatness of the communist party every day, followed by 10 minutes of "news". So I guess that when the communists fell, everyone wanted to get all the things we never had, so I guess that's why everyone bought TVs. And as it happens when you finally get something you never had, we wanted a lot of it, so a TV in every room became the standard. It helped that back then Romania made its own TVs, so they were dirt cheap. So... decades later, the "TV in every room" thing simply stuck with us. I always thought it was normal for each member of the family to have their own TV.
Apr 15, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2020
Yeah I watch it on my phone unless it's an anime movie or it's got really nice visuals that deserve to be on a bigger screen like on a projection or a pc or laptop
Apr 15, 2021 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
No it looks much better on a 40in Roku HD TV and it's much easier to read the subtitles that way. The phone would be the absolute last resort since it has the smallest screen.

The big Roku Television (best source being Blu-ray but streaming is fine on it too) > Desktop Computer Monitor > Laptop PC > Fire Tablet > Smartphone
KruszerApr 15, 2021 12:07 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 15, 2021 3:10 PM

Jan 2021
It depends.
I only watch anime on my phone when I go on trips and when I’m not home.
Apr 15, 2021 3:15 PM

Dec 2019
I used to only watch anime on my amazon kindle tablet I've had for almost 5 years. I have a laptop now and the viewing experience is infinitely better.
Apr 15, 2021 3:22 PM

Mar 2015
I watch anime on my phone. Its really comfortable.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Apr 15, 2021 3:36 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
No I don't, I watch anime on PC or Laptop 99% of the time.

I very rarely watch anime on phone, in a situation where somehow I can't use PC or Laptop.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

39 by ryzxgum »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

161 by Otakupervert890 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 10 hours ago

38 by InsomniacBastard »»
11 minutes ago

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

75 by Vaturna »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

13 by redorzo »»
19 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.