Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 14, 2021 9:23 AM

Apr 2017
Colour me surprise to see such janky animation in the first 10minutes from Doga Kobo, where most of their productions had stellar animation. But let's not even talk about that, let's talk about the MC.

Is there any worse MC than him? He is seeking revenge on a girl who was being friendly to him because she has a (very obviously fake) boyfriend? What kind of next level incel Mr Nice Guy behaviour is this? Who wrote this shit? What kind of dumb fuckery backstory is this oh my fucking god. At least make it more interesting and believable like Masamune-kun's Revenge where MC turned from a fat boy into a chad because he got called a pig.

Dropped at ep 1, goodbye.
Apr 14, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 2018
Say what you want but damn the OP slaps hard
Apr 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
For the most part boring episode. Last few minutes kinda saved it.
Kuro is great and has potential to carry this anime.
Maru is trash.
Last scene was kinda interesting, though I'm not sure where that could lead.

I sure do hope story stays true to the title.

For Doga Kobo anime it's unexpectedly weak start imo.
JustAnotherShiroApr 14, 2021 9:36 AM
Apr 14, 2021 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
Interesting premiere showing the crazy characters this story has. Our protagonist Maru is a crazy dude already. Shooting down his cute childhood friend Kuroha, being shot down by his first love Kachi, along with Kuroha coming up with a wild plan to get revenge on Kachi and the guy she's newly dating. Lots of moving parts in this first episode laying huge groundwork for this story. Maru I think is a good lead, he's kinds goofy but nice, A dork but knows what he wants to do. Definitely made me laugh more than a few times this episode from his interaction with Kuroha and his best friend Tetsuhiko. The tension between Kuroha and Maru was done well at the end of the episode, I thought they might actually kiss for a second. This show has a great lead voice cast which elevates it even higher, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Inori Minase, Ayane Sakura and Nobunaga Shimazaki are all familiar voices who can do great work. This show should be fun.
Apr 14, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2018
I bet my testicles that the childhood friend is going to lose lol
Apr 14, 2021 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
This wasn't as good as I was expecting to...

It feels like the main writer had just watched season 1 of Danmachi and thought to himself "how can I stretch Bell & Hestia's funny love-comedy routines" in a more down to earth scenario. We got a "goddess" (or at least one of the more desireable girls in highschool) who is madly in love with the loud main protagonist that can't acknowledge her feelings, and we even have a Mary Sue Kudere to be the main rival for "definitely not Hestia".

Speaking of Kachi, man I just don't know where to begin with the huge mess her personality should be like. She's a complete genius in everything she does, but she's also a reknown published author along with being a Gravure Model. Her personality trait is meant to be a more chill and deadpan character but she has this weird outburst when a random girl tries to copy her homework. Like for real, what kind of teen would rip apart her own notes if she's going to have to write everthing down again into a new notebook (specially since a character like her wouldn't have time because of her busy schedule).

I'll keep watching a few more episodes and see if the writting gets better.
Apr 14, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
I actually like Shiro and Kuro about the same so far. usually I get a firm grasp on who I like and dislike in the first episode but not this one. By Design I love Shiro more then Kuro but character wise they are both interesting characters.

Then there's our Coward MC who fits the bill perfectly.

Ill be interested to see where this goes but Shiro was first girl so =/
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 14, 2021 9:58 AM

Sep 2019
Byniavo said:
I bet my testicles that the childhood friend is going to lose lol
Aight don't forget what you said lol.
Apr 14, 2021 10:11 AM

Mar 2021
My god this is visually entertaining, even make you ignore the story. Both the art and animation and no doubt it would bring the new generation of anime graphic in foreseeable future. The story itself is unique because Maru (the male MC) got dragged in love triangle between the two most popular girls in the class and I personally doesn't care about Maru being coward who always running after he couldn't confront the situation, just don't overdramatized it and that should be fine. Overall, it's a good start for the first episode.

Apr 14, 2021 10:14 AM

Apr 2020
I decided to watch just because of the title lol, but I was confused at first who the childhood friend is. I liked the reveal at the end and I'm curious what that has to do with the story.
This episode was fun, but this is something I'd rather binge so I might put it on hold for now.
Apr 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Saito66 said:
Not sure if i will like this one...seems generic and i think i can already see how this will end.

Can someone please spoiler me if possible? I want Kuroha to win without drama and any last minute reveals.
So, will this be more straightforward or the typicall up and down?

I'm still waiting for a hero to spoil me in hope to make me more interested in this. Please.
Apr 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2020
Voice Actors for Fuutarou, Itsuki and Yotsuba are 3 of the main characters. Very interesting. I feel like I am gonna like this anime, it has good animation, it will have a revenge and its harem.
Apr 14, 2021 10:57 AM
Jun 2020
About direction, it's really good. The animation isn't that great, but the director has good comic timing. I'll keep watching it because of it.

The script... it is fine for now. Unfortunately I read the manga and I know it won't get any better, on the contrary. Be prepared.

About the characters: the two main girls are more interesting here than the manga versions, and I hope they continue that way after the LN Volume 1 plot-twists... but the MC... well, Kazuya found his nemesis, because this guy is as pathetic and as dumb as him. I won't feel bad with anything bad that WILL happen to him because he actually deserves it.

Well, I think this will be my guilty pleasure this season, like Rent-a-Girlfriend, but poorly written and with less interesting main girls.
Apr 14, 2021 11:06 AM

Sep 2019
Saito66 said:
Saito66 said:
Not sure if i will like this one...seems generic and i think i can already see how this will end.

Can someone please spoiler me if possible? I want Kuroha to win without drama and any last minute reveals.

I'm still waiting for a hero to spoil me in hope to make me more interested in this. Please.
I've only read the 1st volume so I can only say the things that will probably be adapted in 3~4 episodes
Apr 14, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
It has been a while, since I was so viscerally disgusted by main characters right of the bat. Childhood friend is awful for setting MC on generic love interest but he's the biggest pieces of shit of them all. VA pick and how Matsuoka plays him only make him even more unbearable and hateful. The (un)reasoning of MC to justify "revenge" is too retarded to be played for laughs. He just comes out as a spiteful trash of a person.

Everything else, down to animation, character design and dialogues is as bottom of the barrel as you can expect.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 14, 2021 11:18 AM

May 2020
hmmm not what i expected tho it was OK, but the mc is kinda meh :/ looking forward for the next episode!

Apr 14, 2021 11:20 AM
Apr 2021
a really great start, don't like the mc too much, but i really like the voice actor
Apr 14, 2021 11:21 AM

Mar 2019

It's never a good thing when the supposed butt of all the jokes is the only even slightly likeable character in the show. He seems to have a pretty upbeat attitude and healthy view of relationships, which is in stark contrast to virtually everything else in the show. The protagonist is a sad sack imbecile over-idolizing the literal world-famous idol girl classmate because he talked to her a few times. He screams in anguish about the other class idol who throws herself at him openly and constantly to the jealousy of all. Said superstar seizes every opportunity to talk down to people she sees as less than her. The titular childhood friend is basically thirst incarnate and if she said "You should just do me raw right here on her desk, that'd really make her mad," that wouldn't have been out of character in the slightest.

And it's all just so poorly written and directed too. Everybody tells stupid, obviously transparent lies like "Oh, I just said I liked you for funsies," or idol girl 'ruins' her own homework by tear it out of a notebook so other people can't copy it, which then brings her to tears over the added work she needs to do to make up for… having loose pages instead of bound ones? I have on rare occasion been able to get on board with romantic dramas, and make no mistake, the up-its-own-ass drama far outweighs any overtures of comedy here, but those were always on the strength of the characters, especially on their willingness and attempts to grow. These characters are all terrible, fetishized to hell, and are frankly stupid in ways that would make even Milky Holmes seem insightful. Except for, again, bizarrely, the designated 'loser' side dude.
Apr 14, 2021 11:33 AM
Oct 2020
ZeroTwo__002 said:
_PALS_ said:
Disgusting... What is it, a 2011 rom-com..?? Very dull.
2011 romcoms were dull? There were a lot of great romcoms from the past decade.
spectrojan said:
Not a very entertaining pilot but we'll see
It's quite unique plot though and not cliche like other romcoms these days.

Understatement.... considering the past 4 years of romance genre this is a light relief... and wholesome to an extent from what i have been seeing.
Apr 14, 2021 11:45 AM
Jun 2020
Saito66 said:
Saito66 said:

Apr 14, 2021 11:52 AM

Jun 2019
Idk how in an anime season featuring an adult letting a random 16 year girl live in his place, an adult making repeated advances on a high school girl, and multiple anime sexualizing their female characters, this is the grossest anime airing.

The MC wants to get back at a girl that he “fell in love with” after talking to her a few times, which includes trying to ruin the reputation of her boyfriend that has done nothing to him. All out of this feeling of entitlement that she belonged to him or cheated on him in some way.

What is one good quality about this character that makes his childhood friend fall in love with him and gets him a haram? Actually, what is one good quality about him that lets him make any friends, period?

This anime just steals other characters and aspects from other series and it still sucks. The pacing sucks. It felt like I was watching a second season with how poorly characters and their relationships with each other are established.

The only decent-to-good aspects of this anime are the VA performances, art, and animation.
Apr 14, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
I’m rooting for Kuroha already. Fine first episode!
Apr 14, 2021 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
I'm not sure how to feel about this one, I'll reserve judgement for the third episode rule. That being said, I do like the character designs and the OP.
Apr 14, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
There's something that always strikes me, when I see Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Inori Minase and Ayane Sakura in the very same show. Just for those 3 I want to keep watching it, no matter how generic or dull it might become. If we look at romcoms of the last few years, despite the title, I can already see Inori Minase losing once more XD

So I couldn't help but think that Kuro is freaking tiny (boobs excluded) compared to the rest there. She had some great moments, she knows how to tease the MC really well and that seduction at the end, I swear if they kissed (ofcourse they wouldn't cause lol plot needs to advance). She's by far my favorite right now, but then again it's only episode one.

Kachi is a bit dull right now, but maybe that changes later on. She is nice to the MC but acts really tough towards others. Especially when you look at photo's of her in a magazine. I swear, that logic of teenage boys looking at your photo in bikini posted in a magazine and then get angry about it. Then why do the shoot XD

It's a decent start overall. Looking forward for more.
Apr 14, 2021 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
@z00nex @Polvo_Aranha

Thanks you both,
I had a feeling something like that will happen but not quite like this.
I will watch it for the #3 then. :)
Apr 14, 2021 12:07 PM
Jun 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
What is one good quality about this character that makes his childhood friend fall in love with him and gets him a haram? Actually, what is one good quality about him that lets him make any friends, period?

HAHAHA!!! There is a reason:
Apr 14, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
When my first love crushed my heart, I felt sad but man... I never get people who act like he does, although while I hated the experience, I did get this out of it.
Apr 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
Kuroha is already best girl material. She's a big sister, senpai, childhood friend, loli, voiced by Inori Minase and has the hots for our MC, Haru. Most guys in Haru's position would've let Kuroha kiss him in that clubroom scene, easily! XD

Sadly, Haru loves Kachi too much that he chickened out. Either way, it does set the premise for him and Kuroha to get revenge on Kachi, but I think that'll be easier said than done.

The production values from Doga Kobo are as good as I thought it would be. The visuals and colour palette are pleasing and the animation quality is pretty good for this episode alone.

Hopefully this show will be an entertaining one and a good one at that, depending on how the story development goes. =3
Apr 14, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2020
I thought this was gonna be crap but its actually pretty damn funny. I like the characters a lot, especially Kuro but the thing she was doing to Maru was kinda fucked up.

I wanna know more about this child actor prodigy too, this one seems like its gonna be real good.

Apr 14, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2019
Polvo_Aranha said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Yet another unoriginal aspect. Even so, there still has to be some quality that attracts them to him.
Apr 14, 2021 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
Polvo_Aranha said:

Yet another unoriginal aspect. Even so, there still has to be some quality that attracts them to him.

He's the main character. That's apparently enough of a quality to attract them to him.
Apr 14, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2020
Kachi is pretty sadist and kidda look a like Sakurajima Mai

Apr 14, 2021 1:15 PM

Oct 2018
When the senpai declared that the MC was some genius child actor, I honestly expected him to reveal that all the standard rom-com shenanigans in the episode were just him acting, kinda like OreSuki. But I guess that's not gonna happen.

Still, I liked the concept and characters enough to continue. Let's hope the second episode gets more into the characters.
Apr 14, 2021 1:21 PM

May 2020
Childhood friend can't lose if all the girls are childhood friends - which would mean that some childhood friends WILL lose, which makes this a paradox.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 14, 2021 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
Polvo_Aranha said:

Oh, so its one of those shows ...

Well, dropped i guess.
Apr 14, 2021 1:30 PM

Oct 2019
This is boring as hell. The title is already a spoiler and it is no use watching this anime. Drop 4 me.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Apr 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2019
lets gooooo trash of the season is here and im liking it. haru what are you thinking? why would u would pick anybody but kuro??

Apr 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Great start, as expected by Doga Kobo.
Joe88 said:
Animation quality is bad imo.

Literally what? Please put on your glasses before watching please.
Blue_Maroon said:
Idk how in an anime season featuring an adult letting a random 16 year girl live in his place, an adult making repeated advances on a high school girl, and multiple anime sexualizing their female characters, this is the grossest anime airing.

Ahahahah. Good joke.
Okay, go away then and never look back.
rsc-plApr 14, 2021 2:30 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 14, 2021 2:32 PM

Aug 2016
One of the easiest drops of this season so far. Just one cliché after another, couldn't really take watching it without cringing super hard.
Nothing's new under the sun and that's OK.
Apr 14, 2021 2:49 PM

Jun 2017
I have mixed feelings too.

First the whole premise is pretty stupid and all of it was based on assumptions without any hard evidence.

Kuro seems like a total villain right now who is salty for being rejected so she duped Maru into bullying Kachi who is seemingly innocent.

I have no idea how the third main girl will get into the picture.

Second, the fact for some reason this doesn't feel like Doga Kobo, their animation is usually waaay better than this. What happened? The voice cast is god tier otherwise.

Anyway I am curious how it will turn out.
Apr 14, 2021 2:54 PM
Jul 2020
wow unexpected hmmmmmm
Apr 14, 2021 2:58 PM
Nov 2019
As others have said it feels like OreSuki meets HenSuki.

Animation was a bit iffy in places and the MC is no Joro....

not sure I can be bothered to watch the rest of the episodes.
Apr 14, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
this seems pretty interesting, story is quite intriguing and characters look decent as well. animation and ost are very nice as well, mc even has the same va is fuutarou lol. well, i guess i'll see where this goes, could turn out to be something good
Apr 14, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2019
Interesting first episode, really liked the dynamic between Haru and Kachi, less between Haru and Shida, but I don't think i'd mind it swinging either way, at least at this stage. I definitely find Kachi to be better looking, not a fan of blond/orange haired characters in general.
Interested to see where this goes with the whole acting thing, Abe has a secret on Haru while Haru has nothing on Abe, interested to see how that's gonna be used. My guess is that he acted for kids diapers or something really embarassing that he wants forgotten, and Abe is gonna spoil the school rotten with enough things to laugh about until they die. Would suck for Haru, but he has a punchable face, so I don't mind too much.
Apr 14, 2021 4:04 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I feel like I missed an episode, or at least, an explanation of everything. I was questioning half of what was mentioned. But anyway, I do hope Kuro actually wins. In most cases, I don't like the childhood friend but I hope that the title is actually correct and not a joke.
Apr 14, 2021 4:17 PM

Apr 2010
Thought it would be more predictable than it was and it surprised me a little. Will be checking out the future eps for sure.
Apr 14, 2021 4:23 PM

May 2015
hummmmm well its just the first epsiode.. lets see how this goes
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Apr 14, 2021 4:36 PM

Jun 2020
Thought this was bottom of the barrel with very little charm. Kuroha's the only interesting thing so far.
Apr 14, 2021 4:46 PM

Mar 2019
Mmmm.. looks fun..

I guess ill keep watching it...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 14, 2021 4:48 PM

Mar 2019
Been waiting long for this to start...finally train started.... I haven’t been fan of the osananjimi thing for many anime but man an older Loli osanajimi with good rack and her teasing... yes yes yes... am aiming for her... well this is my first episode impression but let’s see what goes
Guiltee ouver noto guiltee
Pe-pe-pe-pe-pe-pe.... next line I thought she’s announcing her love for ochinchin
And damn I want Matsuoka to say food wars thing “Owagari”.... lol
HEIWA_NO_SENSEIApr 14, 2021 4:58 PM
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

52 by Alexanime_ »»
Feb 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

60 by Buraot »»
Jan 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2021

117 by spicarie »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

77 by aint_noway »»
Jul 6, 2023 8:00 AM

Poll: » Should I watch this?

KJdragon358 - May 3, 2023

21 by MrHoro »»
Jul 1, 2023 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.