Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2021 3:11 PM
Oct 2018
I obviously don't expect an anime with the Death Note level, but I was just wondering if there were any mental battles like Kira vs. L. I generally like the psychological side of detective shows, do I would find some?
Sorry for my english^^
Apr 21, 2021 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
Okay so I've only watched the first four of season 1 and deffo I got DN vibes especially in the final arc when Sherlock and Moriarty were battling to see who could solve the mystery first. And I can see this definitely continuing on. You will deffo like this. If you want more 'mind game' type of anime/manga stuff, check out Kaguya Sama as well - it's a romance comedy but it revolves around mind games. I think you'll enjoy that.

Another fantastic psychological show is Monster. The mind games aren't as back and forth like Death Note or Kaguya Sama, but it's definitely one heck of a ride, really diving into the psychological stuff.

For more detective -like stuff, try out Balance Unlimited. It doesn't have the mind game stuff you're looking for and it's a bit whacky but it's a police/detective show.
Oh and if you haven't seen it already, Psycho Pass is one you have to watch. It's psychological and police/detective and the setting is so cool, but it also speaks on society itself. Awesome show. There's deffo elements of mentally deciding things on the spot and stuff.
May 31, 2021 2:12 PM
Dec 2015
Not as much as Death Note but, it does. Unfortunately, so far, the anime adaptation make it seems ummー bad? Since they were cut/skipp most of the important details. I recommend you to better read the manga. I really like those animation, art, sfx, voice actor etc. But not really into the plot. It's messed-up. The original works (the manga) is the better.
Jun 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Sep 2010
Diego_Salamanco said:
I obviously don't expect an anime with the Death Note level, but I was just wondering if there were any mental battles like Kira vs. L. I generally like the psychological side of detective shows, do I would find some?
Sorry for my english^^

The "conflict" between Moriarty and Holmes is more emotional than a battle of wits.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 7 Discussion

Chouninatte - Dec 21, 2020

3 by Virtecek »»
Mar 3, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 4 Discussion

eMITrACk - Dec 9, 2017

2 by Virtecek »»
Mar 3, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 1 Discussion

Flamexes - Jul 20, 2019

5 by Dr_Bakemono »»
Feb 6, 10:34 PM

» Moriarty on hiatus ??

Tsunamii_ - Nov 13, 2022

5 by Alexioos95 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:08 AM

» Really liked part 1, really disliked part 2, should I read this?

APolygons2 - Aug 15, 2023

10 by Cassiestar88 »»
Aug 15, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.