Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What are some scenes from the manga that didn't make it to Season 4 Part 1, but you would like to see (perhaps in the blu-ray)?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2021 12:09 AM
Dec 2020
WARNING FOR ANIME-ONLIES: This thread will be discussing content from the manga that has been cut from season 4 part 1. These are technically manga spoilers, but the anime has moved forward from where these scenes could've been placed, and hence, these scenes will probably never be adapted.

REQUEST TO MANGA READERS: Please do not mention anything that comes after chapter 116, since that is where season 4 part 1 ended. Also, do not spoil Levi's fate, which was revealed in chapter 115, but was cut out of part 1 and will be revealed in part 2.

I should also mention that a blu-ray for an anime almost never adds 'extra' scenes, so, when I say what scenes you'd like to see that are cut, I'm usually referring to really quick things, that are perhaps important, and have a chance of being added. Let me start the discussion.

Here's some example of scenes that could be added:

1) Eren using his Warhammer abilities to break out of the prison. This was cut in episode 10, either because they couldn't fit it in the time-slot, or perhaps scheduling reasons. It's a very easy fix as well. All it would take is a single still shot with some narration. I think it's an important scene since it's the first time Eren uses the Warhammer, and it clearly explains why we see Titan markings under his eyes later in the jacket scene.

2) Zeke and Colt playing catch. A really short scene of a few seconds that could add so much characterisation. Not the most difficult thing to animate either. Heck, they could just take the scenes of Zeke and Xaver playing catch and draw over them. This scene is a great example of how actions really speak more than words. It gives us pay-off for all the baseball references in season 3 part 2. It foreshadows the Eren vs Zeke relationship (since we see Eren later on the bench with the baseball glove), and it's just a nice parallel to Zeke and Xaver.

Here's some examples of scenes that will never be added and hence not really fit for discussion in this thread:

1) Reiner's backstory and the Warriors' mission. It's a lot of effort (direction, animation, dialogue, music), so much that it could basically be another episode. Blu-rays almost never include these kinds of 'extra episodes'. The only chance of seeing Reiner's entire backstory and the Warriors mission would be an OVA, but since OVAs are usually sold with limited editions of manga volumes, the likelihood of it getting adapted is really low (surprise, the manga is over).

2) Ackermann lore. They had two chances to adapt this. One with the Zeke and Magath conversation in episode 2. Another time with the EMA table conversation in episode 14. This could mean that the entire lore is being removed, since removing it during those two scenes sounds like a very purposeful decision, but who knows, perhaps it could be added in season 4 part 2.
Awesomeness_1307Apr 13, 2021 8:36 AM
Apr 13, 2021 12:40 AM
Sep 2020
You know what it was the best reason why those scenes werent adapted Because ,isayama did something in the manga that si messed up in the end ,so best is don't read the manga ,please don't ,otherwise you will be ruined
Apr 13, 2021 1:48 AM

Aug 2020
The one where Eren escapes prison using Warhammer Powers

Apr 13, 2021 2:44 AM
Dec 2020
_REDOX_ said:

I literally mentioned it in the fricking post lol
Apr 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:
_REDOX_ said:

I literally mentioned it in the fricking post lol

Oh lol I didn't see it, I was too lazy to read it

Apr 13, 2021 2:51 AM
Feb 2021
Very small, I would add in the line about grisha “just wanting to see the airship” I just love the line and it adds extra impact to grisha as a whole imo.

Or put zeke’s reveal in the episode it was meant to be in (10) so everyone would be tricked when he says he’s following his “father’s” vision, then get the revelation in 15 that the father he meant was Xsaver.

Also declaration of war, remove the soldiers and add the innocent family back in, it just works better to see innocents get wrecked rather than rando soldiers, I don’t really care about the music but they could use a different part of the same song and it would work better.
Apr 13, 2021 2:53 AM

Jul 2020
They wouldn't add new scenes to the blu ray.They would just fix some characters that looks off,lightings,frame,etc,etc.You guys are unnesecarily hyping up the blu ray way too much lol.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 13, 2021 2:59 AM
Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
They wouldn't add new scenes to the blu ray.They would just fix some characters that looks off,lightings,frame,etc,etc.You guys are unnesecarily hyping up the blu ray way too much lol.

I'm well aware of that haha. I don't expect anything new to be added. They already have a shit ton of improvements to do, i.e., if they've even started with it, and not weren't busy with other projects (the delay of the blu-ray release is a positive sign), but still, this is just speculation and hopium lol.
Apr 13, 2021 3:03 AM
Dec 2020
Fada_Fx said:
Very small, I would add in the line about grisha “just wanting to see the airship” I just love the line and it adds extra impact to grisha as a whole imo.

100 % agree. It's just the addition of one line with a still shot and a moving mouth. Not difficult to add. The episode made Grisha look very bad lol, and viewers who are a little forgetful might just forget what Grisha had to face as a kid. That airship line really adds complexity to the emotion of that scene.

I've watched episode 15 very carefully, trying to wonder what scene could be removed/shortened to fit that line by Grisha, and, I couldn't really find any. So, I think they might've just cut it out due to the episode broadcast length.
Apr 13, 2021 7:50 AM
Nov 2020
Annie carrying Bertholdt and Reiner to the walls of Siganshina. It explains a lot of what happened that day
Apr 13, 2021 8:36 AM
Dec 2020
Supernova_405 said:
Annie carrying Bertholdt and Reiner to the walls of Siganshina. It explains a lot of what happened that day

Awesomeness_1307 said:

Here's some examples of scenes that will never be added and hence not really fit for discussion in this thread:

1) Reiner's backstory and the Warriors' mission. It's a lot of effort (direction, animation, dialogue, music), so much that it could basically be another episode. Blu-rays almost never include these kinds of 'extra episodes'. The only chance of seeing Reiner's entire backstory and the Warriors mission would be an OVA, but since OVAs are usually sold with limited editions of manga volumes, the likelihood of it getting adapted is really low (surprise, the manga is over).
I included the scene in my post.
Apr 13, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2020
Explaining Ackerman origin and Female Titan running to Wall Maria
Apr 13, 2021 12:01 PM
Dec 2020
Bengofo said:

I literally wrote about both of those in my post lmao
Apr 13, 2021 12:05 PM

Jun 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:
Bengofo said:

I literally wrote about both of those in my post lmao
Yes... it's almost like I'm agreeing with you...
Apr 13, 2021 10:41 PM
Dec 2020
Bengofo said:
Yes... it's almost like I'm agreeing with you...

Lol I'm sorry, didn't catch that, it's just that I'm not seeing people bring up anything other than the Ackermann origin and the Warriors mission.
Apr 14, 2021 7:29 AM
Dec 2020
Another minor scene that I'd like to see... is in episode 2. After the Zeke and Magath talk about the situation in Paradis, we cut to Reiner's nightmares about Levi and Mikasa. In the manga, there was also a panel of the Colossal Titan being taken out in Shiganshina, showing how Reiner was also traumatised over the death of his best friend.

Just a little still shot would add a lot.
Apr 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Nov 2019
Awesomeness_1307 said:
Another minor scene that I'd like to see... is in episode 2. After the Zeke and Magath talk about the situation in Paradis, we cut to Reiner's nightmares about Levi and Mikasa. In the manga, there was also a panel of the Colossal Titan being taken out in Shiganshina, showing how Reiner was also traumatised over the death of his best friend.

Just a little still shot would add a lot.

They had that in the anime.
Apr 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Nov 2019
_REDOX_ said:

Why? It has no bearing on the anime or making it more detailed.
Apr 14, 2021 9:41 AM
Dec 2020
racers551 said:

No, they did not. Please watch episode 2. They showed Reiner having nightmares of Levi and Mikasa. No shot of Bertholdt's death.
Apr 14, 2021 9:42 AM
Nov 2019
Awesomeness_1307 said:
racers551 said:

No, they did not. Please watch episode 2. They showed Reiner having nightmares of Levi and Mikasa. No shot of Bertholdt's death.

Oh. I thought you were talking about something different. Never mind.
Apr 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2020

racers551 said:

It's a pretty important scene. It's the first time Eren uses his Warhammer. And by not showing how he used his powers, his escape is left confusing in the anime.
From the perspective of an anime-only, here are the things that could run through their head.
1) The Yaegerists broke out Eren. But this doesn't make sense because Eren had Titan markings under his eyes.

2) Eren used his Attack Titan. Also unlikely, since his transformation itself would alert the nearby area immediately and would basically cause the prison to collapse on him.

3) Eren used his Warhammer Titan. This is obviously what happened in the manga, but an anime-only wouldn't know HOW eren used the Warhammer if they were to make this guess. In the manga, it is shown that Eren dug a hole out of the prison, and also blocked off the routes to follow him. The fact that he can use the Warhammer's ability in this way, without actually transforming into a Titan, is super cool and informative, and should've been in the anime.
Apr 14, 2021 1:33 PM
Nov 2019
Awesomeness_1307 said:

racers551 said:

It's a pretty important scene. It's the first time Eren uses his Warhammer. And by not showing how he used his powers, his escape is left confusing in the anime.
From the perspective of an anime-only, here are the things that could run through their head.
1) The Yaegerists broke out Eren. But this doesn't make sense because Eren had Titan markings under his eyes.

2) Eren used his Attack Titan. Also unlikely, since his transformation itself would alert the nearby area immediately and would basically cause the prison to collapse on him.

3) Eren used his Warhammer Titan. This is obviously what happened in the manga, but an anime-only wouldn't know HOW eren used the Warhammer if they were to make this guess. In the manga, it is shown that Eren dug a hole out of the prison, and also blocked off the routes to follow him. The fact that he can use the Warhammer's ability in this way, without actually transforming into a Titan, is super cool and informative, and should've been in the anime.

Fair enough, I guess.
Apr 14, 2021 3:44 PM
Nov 2019
The scene that I wish they port to the anime the most is when Eren said: " Fanboys are now crying after AOT s4 Shit CGI dropped from the top anime list, huh clowns endeed ".
Apr 15, 2021 12:46 AM
Jan 2021
Awesomeness_1307 said:

racers551 said:

Eren already explained how he can escape whenever he wants using War Hammer's drilling ability in the scene when Hange was questioning him. I'd be cool to show the aftermath of his escape but it wasn't necessary to know how he escaped. Watch this: https://youtu.be/Zj7x4dwGR1I?t=68
Apr 15, 2021 12:53 AM
Sep 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:
WARNING FOR ANIME-ONLIES: This thread will be discussing content from the manga that has been cut from season 4 part 1. These are technically manga spoilers, but the anime has moved forward from where these scenes could've been placed, and hence, these scenes will probably never be adapted.

REQUEST TO MANGA READERS: Please do not mention anything that comes after chapter 116, since that is where season 4 part 1 ended. Also, do not spoil Levi's fate, which was revealed in chapter 115, but was cut out of part 1 and will be revealed in part 2.

I should also mention that a blu-ray for an anime almost never adds 'extra' scenes, so, when I say what scenes you'd like to see that are cut, I'm usually referring to really quick things, that are perhaps important, and have a chance of being added. Let me start the discussion.

Here's some example of scenes that could be added:

1) Eren using his Warhammer abilities to break out of the prison. This was cut in episode 10, either because they couldn't fit it in the time-slot, or perhaps scheduling reasons. It's a very easy fix as well. All it would take is a single still shot with some narration. I think it's an important scene since it's the first time Eren uses the Warhammer, and it clearly explains why we see Titan markings under his eyes later in the jacket scene.

2) Zeke and Colt playing catch. A really short scene of a few seconds that could add so much characterisation. Not the most difficult thing to animate either. Heck, they could just take the scenes of Zeke and Xaver playing catch and draw over them. This scene is a great example of how actions really speak more than words. It gives us pay-off for all the baseball references in season 3 part 2. It foreshadows the Eren vs Zeke relationship (since we see Eren later on the bench with the baseball glove), and it's just a nice parallel to Zeke and Xaver.

2) Ackermann lore. They had two chances to adapt this. One with the Zeke and Magath conversation in episode 2. Another time with the EMA table conversation in episode 14. This could mean that the entire lore is being removed, since removing it during those two scenes sounds like a very purposeful decision, but who knows, perhaps it could be added in season 4 part 2.

You know what it was better that those scene didn't make it to the anime Because they are just unnecessary and might effect the ending for most
Apr 15, 2021 3:10 AM
Dec 2020
Xenophorm12 said:
Eren already explained how he can escape whenever he wants using War Hammer's drilling ability in the scene when Hange was questioning him. I'd be cool to show the aftermath of his escape but it wasn't necessary to know how he escaped. Watch this: https://youtu.be/Zj7x4dwGR1I?t=68

'I ate the Warhammer Titan. It has the power to harden through the ground and make whatever it wants. In other words, there's no prison deep or strong enough to hold me.'

Yeah, sure, that clears up that he can get out, but anime-onlies still don't know that he can use those hardening powers WITHOUT turning into a Titan. And even then, 'show, not tell' is usually a giant plus in visual storytelling.
Apr 15, 2021 11:42 PM
Jan 2021
the scene where colt and zeke are aying catch imo was probably removed because it made it to obvious that zeke was gonna switch sides
Apr 16, 2021 5:29 PM
Jan 2021
Man, I really enjoyed this season so far, but I really would have gave anything to show Eren go absolutely apeshit on the random civilians of Marley. People are quick to forget just how many people eren killed in that night alone from transforming, jumping into the civilian crowd, and even hitting warhammer into the other building. I feel it would of made a bigger impact showing the direct casualties.
Apr 16, 2021 8:15 PM
Dec 2020
aktaveil said:
Man, I really enjoyed this season so far, but I really would have gave anything to show Eren go absolutely apeshit on the random civilians of Marley. People are quick to forget just how many people eren killed in that night alone from transforming, jumping into the civilian crowd, and even hitting warhammer into the other building. I feel it would of made a bigger impact showing the direct casualties.

That's just probably cause of lack of time and resources. This is something I think WIT handled really well with Perfect Game. They didn't have the time to animate all those rocks hitting people. But the director was so good, he came up with a way to make the scene impactful without much animation at all (still frames of soldiers getting hit in front of a red background).
Apr 22, 2021 8:49 PM

Jun 2020
Everything. I want them to fix everything. I want them to add the shit that was advertised and I want them to remove the CG.

Realistically they won’t do that but a man can dream

Even If We Painstakingly Piece Together Something Lost, It Doesn't Mean Things Will Ever go Back To How They Were - Guts

Apr 22, 2021 11:46 PM
Dec 2020
I understand your frustration. That trailer was misleading marketing. But why you gotta bring that up in this completely unrelated thread lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.