Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Apr 16, 2021 6:28 PM

Nov 2014
Ikano said:
omg I underestimated this...I should've sat next to the tissue box...
I mean...the anime synopsis does say that the kid dies and I had expected it already going in but the delivery was so masterful my feels....

And to think that was just episode 1 out of...20?
Was so good it could've worked as a 1 episode standalone OVA/movie.....(well it seemed better than the last few anime movies I recall watching)

edit: By the way...am i the only one who swears I heard the 'thing' talked when it finally took a bite of that fish? The boy didn't even react to it beyond the "you can eat after all" comment...
the boy always imagined the wolf conversing with him so he thought it was just his imagination
Apr 16, 2021 7:50 PM
May 2020
One of the best first episodes that I ever seen. I am not familiar with the manga, but I knew from the trailer what will happen and it still hit hard. Animation and soundtrack are really good, too. Looking forward to watch it weekly.
Apr 16, 2021 10:08 PM
May 2020
Supercuecaaa said:
ttcchen said:
the boy was left behind to tend the elderly, who all passed away leaving the boy alone

the dead wolf wasn't revived. the stone turned into a perfect replica of the wolf.

"Is it turning into a just another wannabe-emotional slice of life show stuffed with comedy and fanservice?"
i have no idea how u got all that from these 2 screenshots. i see no comedy and fanservice and SOL from the preview.

Yeah, what the heck is he talking about

@nick_el_son
"just another wannabe-emotional slice of life show stuffed with comedy and fanservice?"

Just watch the next arc and comeback and try to comment that again. I would love to see you try that my guy.
I'm trying to level with you so lets do this.
Screen cap the part where the boy jumps around after catching a big fish.

If you interpret it without context you'll probably say "Ah its from a comedic anime isn't it!"

Then watch the whole episode again, compare what you have seen from the goofy screen cap we got.

Try saying its an anime full of comedy and fan service again.

Wanna-be emotional huh, hahahahaha
Sonson7Apr 17, 2021 10:49 PM
Apr 17, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2019
Perfect OST and voice actors. The animation and art is also pretty good and consistent. Brain's Base have done the first chapter justice.
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Apr 17, 2021 12:43 AM
Jul 2019
WTF??? a show hit 8.75 based on first ep? Has mal moved on from hating stuff? Omoshiroi, imma give this a go.
Apr 17, 2021 1:42 AM

Jan 2019
RayReynolds said:
I don't like dramas much, but when I do, it's because they're driven by the characters. And yet, this shies away from them going all Donner Party too, so it also feels a little spineless.

This story is very character driven. It's literally about an orb gaining consciousness and going out into the world to gain more stimuli and therefore experiences and emotions.

The episode ends with the narrator saying "It will meet all kinds of people and feel all kinds of things... Just as the boy had wished to do."
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Apr 17, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
Brilliant first episode!
Apr 17, 2021 6:58 AM
Sep 2020
Pretty good opening

damn, this eps is so emotional, almost made me cry, so looking forward to the next eps
Apr 17, 2021 7:33 AM

May 2015
Who's the good boy?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 17, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2020
the first episode was amazing. it was an emotional rollercoaster that i have never experienced in the first episode of an anime before. i am heavily anticipating the future episodes of this series!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2021 1:00 PM

Apr 2015
Cool story bro.

No seriously it was a nice episode, not sure it has business being at 8.75 at the moment though.

The directing was probably a bit too safe. I'd say like 12 minutes of more content would have given the screenwriters more freedom to make the scenes breathe and let the whole thing become much more atmospheric and enthralling but TVA is restricted to 24 minutes sadly.
Apr 17, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
I have some doubts, can someone help me?

1. I don't understand how the wound is made. When the boy falls, the cart is in front of him or in front of him, I don't understand how splinters can stick in him. The boy is supposed to sink in the water, I do not understand how that wound is made, and it is not seen. Afterwards, the cart has disappeared, I suppose it has sunk, the problem is that when the boy sinks in the water completely, the cart is still on the ice, it can be seen perfectly ...

2. I do not understand how the wound can bleed so much with the cold it does. The wound should have clotted easily right away. I don't understand how it bleeds so much. Nor do I understand how he has been infected, since he has removed the splinters and with a minimum of knowledge and the supplies that he has been using for a long time, he should have known how to heal. In addition, he lived with his grandmother and other people who have surely taught him to survive. It is impossible that he does not manage to treat that wound properly.
Apr 17, 2021 10:28 PM

Jan 2021
It's barely the first episode and I am already sobbing, wow
Apr 18, 2021 1:03 AM

Aug 2015
Why am I crying (T-T)
Ara Ara~
Apr 18, 2021 1:14 AM

May 2019
I loved this episode so much I went and read ahead a bit in the manga. Really love it.
Apr 18, 2021 1:20 AM

Nov 2019
I rarely give scores to New Anime with only 1 episode out, but this is an easy 10/10 from the first episode and I can see myself really enjoying this series.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Apr 18, 2021 1:35 AM

Nov 2014
Belsel said:
I have some doubts, can someone help me?

1. I don't understand how the wound is made. When the boy falls, the cart is in front of him or in front of him, I don't understand how splinters can stick in him. The boy is supposed to sink in the water, I do not understand how that wound is made, and it is not seen. Afterwards, the cart has disappeared, I suppose it has sunk, the problem is that when the boy sinks in the water completely, the cart is still on the ice, it can be seen perfectly ...

2. I do not understand how the wound can bleed so much with the cold it does. The wound should have clotted easily right away. I don't understand how it bleeds so much. Nor do I understand how he has been infected, since he has removed the splinters and with a minimum of knowledge and the supplies that he has been using for a long time, he should have known how to heal. In addition, he lived with his grandmother and other people who have surely taught him to survive. It is impossible that he does not manage to treat that wound properly.

1. The splinters are from the branches he gathered the scene before

2. He probably hasnt showered for ages so he's covered in grime. He doesn't have alcohol to clean the wound so it makes sense if germs from the splinters got into it causing it to be infected. He was never vaccinated so he's susceptible to many diseases we may be immune to. He likely didn't bring all the medical supplies with him. Even if he did, he still kept going after the injury and kept applying force to it, which worsens it. The infection gave him a fever, and without proper medication its no surprise he succumbed to it at last.
Apr 18, 2021 5:43 AM
May 2020
Not the best character design I expected.
Apr 18, 2021 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
I already knew that I will cry and I cried so much T-T
Overall very good and emotional first episode
Apr 18, 2021 5:22 PM

Feb 2021
i liked to hear nanami :) and damn he is a true legacy
Apr 19, 2021 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
Really? I would prefer to watch anime where the boy survived... than about some strange/magic creature.
Apr 19, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 19, 2021 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Very good first ep, very atmospheric but obviously a bit hard to watch.
In my opinion a little overhyped, the only anime in recent memory with a higher first ep score was promised neverland and that blew my mind, while this didn't as much. But who cares, I liked it, will probably end up being anime of the season.
Apr 19, 2021 3:01 PM
Feb 2021
Congratulations, you played yourself

JK y’all I don’t really mean that, if u didn’t get the joke
Apr 19, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
This was so heart wrenching and it was made even worse because the boy was smiling all the time. This is so sad.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 19, 2021 4:06 PM
Mar 2021
wow that was something,i watched this not knowing what i was getting myself into and yet i felt so many emotions and still dont know what to expect for the upcoming episodes
Apr 20, 2021 8:20 AM

Nov 2018
yeah it's not like i was crying during the entire last half of the episode TT_____TT

all jokes aside, i'm looking forward to this series! the series piqued my interest seeing that utada hikaru was doing the opening (ive been following her stuff since kingdom hearts!). i hope the young boy's sentiments and memory continues to live on, in some way or another.
Apr 20, 2021 10:31 AM

Jan 2020
Wow. Despite the insanely high score, I didn't expect Fumetsu no Anata e to be this good. Well, it comes from the artist of Koe no Katachi, but still, the first episode is unexpectedly amazing. If the rest of the anime keeps up this quality, then it will become my favorite anime of 2021 so far.
Apr 21, 2021 5:58 AM
Oct 2017
Wow... i went into this blind and didn't know what to expect but man, the ending of that episode was incredibly sad
Apr 21, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2021
This episode gave off the same energy as those dog movies with old dudes (like that one with Harrison Ford, I think it’s called the call of the wild).

It was a beautiful episode that was much more enjoyable than those movies but the whole I just kept thinking about it
Apr 21, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
I thought the sad thing everyone was talking about is that the boy's family and friends died, I didn't expect at all for him to die ! When I think about it it was predictable but I think I didn't want to believe it. I got so attached to this little guy, I even thought he could become one of my favorites by the end, and then no, because he died without me even knowing his name. I-I'm not crying, I swear.
But what I expected even less was that the boy we would be following would actually be that shapeshifting thing that took the form of the dead boy, I'm really curious to see what it will lead to.
Overall it's a show with beautiful music, an intriguing story, that managed to make me deeply care about a character I barely knew, that's definitely a great start ! It has potential to become my AOTS.
Apr 22, 2021 8:08 AM
May 2018
Pretty solid and well done first episode.

I'm probably going to be in the minority that doesn't like this show, but I'll say it is very well done, nice animation and managed to adapt the first chapter of the manga really well.
Apr 22, 2021 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
That was really good and sad at the same time. Using the concept of an orb to socialize with the world and learn new things, definitely this one gonna be really good
Apr 23, 2021 8:40 AM
Aug 2013
Found it incredibly boring and cringe. For traveling the world and gathering emotional experiences, I'd rather watch Kino no Tabi or Galaxy Express 999.
Apr 23, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2019
i watched this without any spoilers or warning.. i was crying so hard then the furry transformation scene caught me off guard i started laughing.. it's so good though! & wow, the author of a silent voice & a hikaru utada song, this is just so promising already :o
Apr 23, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2019
I cannot even begin to describe this deep deep sadness I am feeling right now. It’s not normal, just straight in my gut all I can feel is the tragedy and despair. And I’ve read the manga too, I know it’s just going to get worse
Apr 24, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2016
Really good show. Impressive first ep.
Apr 27, 2021 4:36 AM

Feb 2018
twas' great. Though I gotta say, I was thrown off by the premier because the narrative was something I hadn't imagined it to be.

In terms of the episode, it was very much impactful and might be the best premier of this season. The art direction for this alluring setting is immaculate.

Definitely, this has potential but still have my qualms about the direction this story might take.
Apr 27, 2021 5:55 AM
Feb 2021
Only a episode to love a series ,really good
Apr 27, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2020
Great first episode

It seems that this anime will have a lot to say in the future

5/5
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Apr 27, 2021 4:55 PM
Oct 2018
First episode was so heartbreaking and beautiful. It made me cry so so hard, I havent cried like this for an anime in such a long time! I cant wait for the direction this story takes :`)
Side note: In a way this show kind of has the same feeling as kino no tabi? Anyone else think so too?
Apr 27, 2021 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
first episode had such an impact, love the premise of this alien entity evolving as time goes on but i feel so sad for that dude we didn't even get his name... i was rooting for him god damn it
Apr 28, 2021 4:36 PM

Feb 2015
It was a beautiful first episode, but as soon as the stone turned into a replica of the dead wolf, I knew the boy was going to die and the wolf would take his appearance. That's probably why I didn't really care about the boy and wasn't really sad about his passing ^^'

Still a fantastic first episode tho!
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Apr 28, 2021 7:45 PM
Aug 2013
This was an amazing first episode and really got me in my feelings. Especially when I realized that the boy and the original wolf actually ended up dying the same way T_T. It also made me have a little existential moment, thinking about humanity's journey and all that our ancestors had to go through to reach the state we are in today. I can't wait to see the rest of this season.
Apr 30, 2021 6:19 AM

Oct 2020
Well it was predictable to say the least but it was also genuine in a way. I liked it. I didn't really cry tho so I don't know what's up with people saying they were crying during the first episode...

The story seems nice and interesting, the OST's are amazing, the animation and art style is great and OMFG IS THAT KENJIRO TSUDA DOING THE NARRATOR'S VOICE? HELL YEAH I AM NOT GONNA DROP THIS.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 1:59 PM
Oct 2018
Finally picking this one up. There’s not much I can add to all these posts but to say Ep 1 was one of the greatest first episodes I have ever seen. 5/5 off the scale.
Apr 30, 2021 10:48 PM
May 2020
that was so good. fuck. i will regret starting this, i will end up crying and sad.
May 3, 2021 5:35 AM
May 2021
حلقة درامية جدا بداية مليئة بالامكانيات واتمنى ان يستمر على هذا المنوال
May 5, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2020
fuck this man. Already got me bawling my eyes out

People with boobs > people with no boobs.

My lemons > ur lemons
Please just send to profile ^^
May 5, 2021 6:19 PM

Jul 2020
I confess that i'm not the emocional type but this anime makes me feel sad </3 I only start watching for the wolf but now i'm very touched.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.