Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 11, 2021 4:08 PM

Mar 2021
It's taken me a few days to settle in with the ending. At first read, especially the leaks, I really didn't like it. But I love the series as a whole, and trust Isayama, so I wanted to push myself to analyze it more. I've seen so many interpretations, and had some myself, but I recently stumbled upon the conversation between Armin and Jean in season one.

Jean: It's impossible for me to understand - abandon your humanity to overcome a monster. That's the only way?
Armin: It's one possible way that humanity might defeat the titans.I think Eren can do it.
Jean: Even if he did become that monster and destroyed all the titans, would that really be a victory for humanity?

In that scene, a feather floats by Armin's face and he turns to see birds flying.

Honestly, the foreshadowing of this is just insane. Down to the detail of Jean questioning if it would be a victory fo humanity - which, it ended up NOT being. 80% was destroyed in order to eliminate the titans.

Eren was never going to do more than destroy the titan curse - and he was stuck on one path to just that, mainly by Ymir's hands. He became a complete monster, and a slave (the biggest tragedy), in order to obtain this goal - because destroying the titans always correlated with his freedom. But I believe the only way his character could ever truly be free, was in death.

I have issues with the dialogue mainly, and a couple unanswered questions or red herrings. But truly the most I think about it, the more satisfied I am with this ending.

I am not posting this to argue - please don't feel the need to lay out all the other reasons you didn't like the ending. I just want to provide some more positive opinions or insights that helped me appreciate 139 more and more as the days have gone on.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2021 4:13 PM
May 2015
Was this conversation in the manga, or anime only? If it's the former, that's pretty neat.
I think that "would that really be a victory for humanity?" refers to humanity conflict between the world and Paradis. The answer is: whatever the outcome after the alliance arrives at the island after the finale.
Apr 11, 2021 4:40 PM
Jan 2021
what episode was this armin/jean convo?
Apr 11, 2021 4:43 PM

May 2016
Satisfied with the ending? After Eren killed 80% of all innocent civilians?
Apr 11, 2021 4:45 PM

Mar 2021
Satoya said:

The ending most people wanted was for Eren to successfully kill 100% of humanity minus Paradis, so.

I don't agree with what Eren did at all - I think what he did was horrific. I was never in support of the Rumbling. But as it stands, the AOT world will never be in balance as long as titans exist - so for it to ultimately be about breaking that titan curse, that is what I am satisfied with.

The second the Rumbling started, there weren't really any "morally upstanding" endings that could pan out.
Apr 11, 2021 4:47 PM

Mar 2021
WTTC2 said:
Was this conversation in the manga, or anime only? If it's the former, that's pretty neat.
I think that "would that really be a victory for humanity?" refers to humanity conflict between the world and Paradis. The answer is: whatever the outcome after the alliance arrives at the island after the finale.

Not sure if it was also in the manga! But still, that was season 1 - made so so long ago. So for it to be in there and tie THIS directly to the ending it wild.

Humanity will always be deeply flawed and always eventually turn to violence - as is the sad reality.

To me the main goal that needed to happen was the curse being removed. So then at least, humanity is balanced again.

reallythatbad said:

Last ep of season 1
Apr 11, 2021 4:53 PM

May 2016
bokesadieboke said:
Satoya said:

The ending most people wanted was for Eren to successfully kill 100% of humanity minus Paradis, so.

No thats not what most people wanted. What they wanted was a ending that fits the whole manga and its writing (which was brilliant until a few chapters ago).
Apr 11, 2021 5:09 PM

Mar 2021
Satoya said:
bokesadieboke said:

No thats not what most people wanted. What they wanted was a ending that fits the whole manga and its writing (which was brilliant until a few chapters ago).

I'm referring to the mob of fans that were gunning for an AnR ending. Even in this forum, there is a section where someone rewrote this chapter to have that happen and it got immense praise. I don't think the problems of this chapter/or its successes lie within the amount of people Eren killed. Once the Rumbling started that was guaranteed in some capacity.

For me, this ending did fit the manga - as I explained in my original post with that tie back to Armin and Jean's convo. My main issues lie within the dialogue which I believe was poorly executed - but I personally got many themes tied up in 139. It's perfectly fine if it doesn't fit with your interpretations of the story.
Apr 11, 2021 5:35 PM
Apr 2021
bokesadieboke said:

The key to the ending is to understand that Eren saw a future where his objective would be fulfilled, at the cost of being a genocide, his mother dying, his father being eaten, etc. Unlike other series or movies with timelines where the protagonist has to change his future so that the catastrophe is resolved, Eren had to pave the way for that future to arrive.
A future that had its virtues and consequences, but that he decided to follow because he preferred that rather than condemn his friends and his place of birth.
People think that Eren had free choice but he did not, he could not simply choose between destroying the world or not because that is equivalent to letting his friends and the people of the island die.
The end justifies the means, Machiavelli said.
Apr 11, 2021 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah yeah, we know it

>At first I didnt like it
>After reading 100 times I like it
>Its actually good

The end is trash and ruins everything that happens after chapter 90

Eren was a shit character before chapter 90.
People considered it a masterpiece because of Eren development
If Eren is the same then its trash. Sorry. Its a fact.
Apr 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Mar 2021
Funseco said:
Yeah yeah, we know it

>At first I didnt like it
>After reading 100 times I like it
>Its actually good

The end is trash and ruins everything that happens after chapter 90

Eren was a shit character before chapter 90.
People considered it a masterpiece because of Eren development
If Eren is the same then its trash. Sorry. Its a fact.

Come on dude. In this thread I presented an actual scene that happened, that perfectly reflected the ending. It's in an effort to give more insights & discuss positives from the chapter.

It's fine if that's how it effected you. But for myself and plenty of other people, it did not invalidate everything and it fit thematically with the story and we have come to like it. After leaving reddit this week, I have found countless incredible analyses from people who enjoyed it.

Please don't go around shitting on any forum that presents something not entirely hateful. There's ample spaces to air your frustrations. You are allowed to not like it, but I am allowed to like it and want to discuss more in depth with others that do as well - you don't need to just pop in to drop your insults.
Apr 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Oct 2017
bokesadieboke said:
Satoya said:

I don't agree with what Eren did at all - I think what he did was horrific. I was never in support of the Rumbling. But as it stands, the AOT world will never be in balance as long as titans exist - so for it to ultimately be about breaking that titan curse, that is what I am satisfied with.

The second the Rumbling started, there weren't really any "morally upstanding" endings that could pan out.

Yeah as that would make more sense as he would have eliminated the main threat. Now he has left a potential dangerous threat to Paradise alive and they should despise them if anything more than before.

Why Eren uses the Rumbling to commit mass genocide now doesn't really make much sense. The reason why many of us wanted that ending wasn't because we are some sadistic morons it's because Isayama wrote the story into that corner.
Apr 11, 2021 5:52 PM
Dec 2020
no its not, @MironBiron gave his thoughts about the ending and that made it even more clear that yams didn't write his true ending he had in mind since 2018. 139 just isnt coherent with all the themes, it conradicts so many events from 121-123 and 130/131
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Apr 11, 2021 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
Forshadowing a shitty ending won't make it good. The problem is that no matter how you look at it there always remain a lot of contradictions, inconsistencies,rushed and unexplained things, and themes and characters destroyed. You can't just look to the good things and neglect all the bullshit that happened. A good ending must have only good aspects, some small flaws are allowed of course.
Apr 11, 2021 5:59 PM

Mar 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
bokesadieboke said:

Yeah as that would make more sense as he would have eliminated the main threat. Now he has left a potential dangerous threat to Paradise alive and they should despise them if anything more than before.

Why Eren uses the Rumbling to commit mass genocide now doesn't really make much sense. The reason why many of us wanted that ending wasn't because we are some sadistic morons it's because Isayama wrote the story into that corner.

I think fans became too fixated on the "world vs Paradis" aspect of the story, and coming to some logical solution to it. And in that process many other themes of the story were lost.

To me, it was always about destroying the titan curse, first and foremost. For whatever reason, that series of events is what panned out to make that so - for Ymir to see Mikasa kill Eren. Additionally, the world is in ruins. No one is going to war any time soon, and Paradis is advancing. Eren did do the Rumbling to buy them time - and he pushed it as far as it could go. But his death was crucial to the final piece of the puzzle.

But also, I don't think the point was just to set up Paradis for freedom. I mean, Isayama made it clear no matter what, Paradis would be in turmoil once all of this was over. (The seeds were sowed) The point was to bring balance back by destroying the curse. To destroy titans once and for all - Eren's original goal.

And they are going to now try their best to establish peace - as Armin and the scouts have a strong argument for it, considering they stopped the Rumbling and have the Marley officials to back that up.
(No, there is no sure fire way this will work - but we as the reader are meant to sit with that.) Everyone (in this forum) seems to hate the alliance, but to me they always represented what "breaking the cycle" means. It doesn't mean killing every race but one - it means coming together first and foremost as *humans*, despite your differences.

There was never going to be some perfect peaceful ending - no matter what happened. Sure, a mass Rumbling would've guaranteed Paradis wouldn't be attacked, but that just wasn't the theme of the story to me at all. As long as humans are alive, "peace" won't be real until they learn to act together and put aside their hate.
bokesadiebokeApr 11, 2021 6:07 PM
Apr 11, 2021 6:01 PM

Mar 2021
hamza121419 said:
Forshadowing a shitty ending won't make it good. The problem is that no matter how you look at it there always remain a lot of contradictions, inconsistencies,rushed and unexplained things, and themes and characters destroyed. You can't just look to the good things and neglect all the bullshit that happened. A good ending must have only good aspects, some small flaws are allowed of course.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It fit the themes with me, and my only issues were some dialogue problems and a general feeling of it being rushed.

What myself, and lots of others I've engaged with, have found from the ending is different than what a lot of people here have found. And that's okay. I'm not trying to argue with everyone, I just wanted to present something I found cool that Isayama had indeed foreshadowed haha
Apr 11, 2021 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
Satoya said:
Agreed. It should have been 100% with all of his friends becoming pure titans and the survivors dying of the curse time limit / living in squalor on Paradis.

The ending we got works thematically, but it's not really the extraordinary shock value that AoT has consistently presented from start to rumble. This ending won't stick with me and this is coming from a guy who began worshiping AoT two years ago after S3P2.
Apr 11, 2021 6:05 PM

Mar 2021
yaegerist-15 said:
no its not, @MironBiron gave his thoughts about the ending and that made it even more clear that yams didn't write his true ending he had in mind since 2018. 139 just isnt coherent with all the themes, it conradicts so many events from 121-123 and 130/131

Well considering Miron Biron isn't Isayama or a clairvoyant, I am going to continue to analyze and find interesting tie backs that I believe were intentional.

There's plenty of people out there giving good analysis both in the positive and negative. This is all a matter of opinion and this thread was simply to discuss with others some of the foreshadowing and symbolism I found.
Apr 11, 2021 6:08 PM
Apr 2017
No? he literally said years ago that his original ending is that everyone dies?
Apr 11, 2021 6:14 PM
Jan 2017
bokesadieboke said:
hamza121419 said:

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It fit the themes with me, and my only issues were some dialogue problems and a general feeling of it being rushed.

What myself, and lots of others I've engaged with, have found from the ending is different than what a lot of people here have found. And that's okay. I'm not trying to argue with everyone, I just wanted to present something I found cool that Isayama had indeed foreshadowed haha
i'm glad you liked the ending, i'm even envying you hhhh, but i just can't see anything good about it, it had no thematic accomplishment, no message to tell, only plots lines being destroyed and characters being assassinated. Btw, I dindn't like the direction of the story since ymir "revived" zeke, from that moment it was full of plot holes and inconsistencies in my opinion. The moment the time travel was introduced the theme of freedom was destroyed and the ending just fucked up every thing post basement reveal. But everyone can see things differently as you said, this is how things works and it's good this way.
Apr 11, 2021 6:14 PM
May 2015
yaegerist-15 said:

Chapters 121-123 maybe, but chapters 130/131? Isayama already planned Mikasa killing Eren by chapter 133. Would he change his mind in two/three months?
Apr 11, 2021 6:21 PM
Dec 2020
WTTC2 said:
yaegerist-15 said:

Chapters 121-123 maybe, but chapters 130/131? Isayama already planned Mikasa killing Eren by chapter 133. Would he change his mind in two/three months?
Mikasa killing Eren was stated in 127 too, but that is a simple statement. ofc she has to kill him if they want to stop him
Apr 11, 2021 6:23 PM

Mar 2021
reroller said:

He said a lot of shit in interviews haha and a lot of it never happened.
My point is that I am going to believe that the scene I described in my original post, wasn't just a mere coincidence. I love the symbolism he had throughout the entire show.
Apr 11, 2021 6:26 PM

Mar 2019
I'm not sure if he had. :/

Perhaps the publisher said they weren't gonna fund him anymore.

(Satire if you couldn't tell.)
Apr 11, 2021 6:29 PM
we back

Aug 2015
yaegerist-15 said:
What exactly from 130/131 is contradicted by 139?
Apr 11, 2021 6:29 PM

Mar 2021
hamza121419 said:
bokesadieboke said:

i'm glad you liked the ending, i'm even envying you hhhh, but i just can't see anything good about it, it had no thematic accomplishment, no message to tell, only plots lines being destroyed and characters being assassinated. Btw, I dindn't like the direction of the story since ymir "revived" zeke, from that moment it was full of plot holes and inconsistencies in my opinion. The moment the time travel was introduced the theme of freedom was destroyed and the ending just fucked up every thing post basement reveal. But everyone can see things differently as you said, this is how things works and it's good this way.

To be honest, I didn't like it at first. I'm the type of person though who will exhaust all options before I give up on something. I was curious to hear other people's perspectives, and I was actually able to gather a lot of information and new insights from content creators I love who analyzed the chapter in a whole new light. I also was really bogged down after being in titanfolk when leaks were released - the negativity there majorly impacted my initial perception.

For me, it did have a thematic accomplishment. As I mentioned, I always saw what Armin and the alliance represented as the true theme in the story - breaking the cycle of hate. I could laundry list out all the themes I got from the show, the illusion of freedom, etc. etc. but I really don't want to debate over and over. At the end of the day, we are all going to interpret it slightly differently. This was a very polarizing chapter. I understand if you just cannot bring yourself to like it! :)
Apr 11, 2021 6:38 PM
Dec 2020
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
yaegerist-15 said:
that he was doing an act, he wanted to wipe out humanity, the whole nuanced part of the story was the morality of the rumbling and the question if it was justifiable. The ending made that ethical dilemma into a joke. 130: to Bring ruin to the world. To destroy the civilization that created that hate, deep in the ground. he moved forward to bury the civilization to the ground, not to the result of mikasas choice
Apr 11, 2021 6:48 PM

Mar 2021
yaegerist-15 said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
that he was doing an act, he wanted to wipe out humanity, the whole nuanced part of the story was the morality of the rumbling and the question if it was justifiable. The ending made that ethical dilemma into a joke. 130: to Bring ruin to the world. To destroy the civilization that created that hate, deep in the ground. he moved forward to bury the civilization to the ground, not to the result of mikasas choice

I don't think that ethical dilemma was made into a joke. The conversations that came out of it were brilliant, and to me it still left it up for debate - because it didn't have an ending that gave a clear answer on that. I would've been more dissatisfied with a full rumbling success, and then a shot of Paradis thriving - because that sends a message of Isayama deciding "the rumbling was justifiable, look how free everyone is now!" To not do one at all, would've led to Paradis being wiped out which also was not defensible. So then you are left with this strange, tragic in between - but with the alliance succeeding, who were a group of people that decided to put humanity as a whole first and not continue the cycle of hate.

Eren's friends survive another day. And the titan curse is broken. But there is STILL discourse in the world, there is still effort that must be put forward to finding peace. And there is no certainty if it will be found. I find that more believable.

Eren was in a stage of living the past, present and future at the same time. What we saw were many versions of Eren, but still all Eren. I don't think 139 invalidates everything he did and said.
Apr 11, 2021 10:06 PM

Oct 2017
bokesadieboke said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

I think fans became too fixated on the "world vs Paradis" aspect of the story, and coming to some logical solution to it. And in that process many other themes of the story were lost.

To me, it was always about destroying the titan curse, first and foremost. For whatever reason, that series of events is what panned out to make that so - for Ymir to see Mikasa kill Eren. Additionally, the world is in ruins. No one is going to war any time soon, and Paradis is advancing. Eren did do the Rumbling to buy them time - and he pushed it as far as it could go. But his death was crucial to the final piece of the puzzle.

But also, I don't think the point was just to set up Paradis for freedom. I mean, Isayama made it clear no matter what, Paradis would be in turmoil once all of this was over. (The seeds were sowed) The point was to bring balance back by destroying the curse. To destroy titans once and for all - Eren's original goal.

And they are going to now try their best to establish peace - as Armin and the scouts have a strong argument for it, considering they stopped the Rumbling and have the Marley officials to back that up.
(No, there is no sure fire way this will work - but we as the reader are meant to sit with that.) Everyone (in this forum) seems to hate the alliance, but to me they always represented what "breaking the cycle" means. It doesn't mean killing every race but one - it means coming together first and foremost as *humans*, despite your differences.

There was never going to be some perfect peaceful ending - no matter what happened. Sure, a mass Rumbling would've guaranteed Paradis wouldn't be attacked, but that just wasn't the theme of the story to me at all. As long as humans are alive, "peace" won't be real until they learn to act together and put aside their hate.

Themes only make impact if the story makes sense and is consistent not everything has too totally line up but the big stuff does need to. I think the world building and epilogue needs to be a satisfying way to tie up loose ends. We want a logical solution because otherwise all were are left with is illogical decision making and that doesn't make a good story.

The whole point of this whole conflict post RTS has always been Paradise being despised and imprisoned by the world. Isayama made AOT into basically a war drama and he need to have tied up those ends. Plus even though I argue the ending paints a more rosy picture of Paradise if it is going to be in turmoil my point actually stands.

Secondly again what do you think would be easier to make peace with a world that hasn't actually seen much suffering from the Eldians where most of their hatred is based off past history or an incredibly scarred population that just saw 4 out of every 5 people they knew killed by one of their extremists? Making peace is vastly harder now. The fact they stopped the rumbling doesn't not erase that. If a ultranationalist group triggered multiple nuclear bombs wiping out major population centers not all would be forgiven in the slightest just because the aggressive nation removed the major figure head especially since those that removed them were close and connected with that same extremist.

Ultimately if 20% of the population is left assuming like IDK the population is like 1 billion even (much lower than our world's population around this time) they would have enough people to reindustrialize and rearm eventually to destroy Paradise's tiny population (of what like 1 million if I remember)? At least in the Code Geass' ending you could argue Lelouch did at least put a hold on the world wide conflicts at least into a Cold War state. With AOT the actual conflict has not been resolved because the opposing side still has too much power and if anything they probably should despise them even more titans or no.
BilboBaggins365Apr 12, 2021 9:27 AM
Apr 11, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 2021
Satoya said:

idk but I really wanter Rumbling to stop with least deaths, and Eren killing 80% humanity seemed so casual, like - hehe I just killed 80% humanity for idek why, maybe just to buy some time before war, bye
it probably just glorified genocide,
I like the ending, not completely tho but killing so many people was too ruthless
"Dedication is a Talent all on its own." ~ Alphonse Elric
Apr 11, 2021 11:09 PM

May 2016
okatu_kxk said:
Satoya said:

idk but I really wanter Rumbling to stop with least deaths, and Eren killing 80% humanity seemed so casual, like - hehe I just killed 80% humanity for idek why, maybe just to buy some time before war, bye
I like the ending, not completely tho but killing so many people was too ruthless

Thats one of my main problems too, the genocide had like no meaning... 80% of all humans dead - people like Ramzi who had a family, a dream.. And then we get that strange conversation between Eren and Armin, after that some shots of the remaining main characters and thats it.
Apr 12, 2021 1:05 AM
Apr 2017
bokesadieboke said:
reroller said:

My point is that I am going to believe that the scene I described in my original post, wasn't just a mere coincidence. I love the symbolism he had throughout the entire show.

what you said is just utterly stupid, Isayama's own words means more than what ''you believe''
Apr 12, 2021 1:10 AM
Mar 2015
Something being foreshadowed doesn't automatically make it good.
Apr 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2012
Man this series never ceases to impress me. Has there ever been a story with this much foreshadowing and detail and dedication? It's incredible.
End Zionazism
Apr 12, 2021 2:18 AM

Aug 2012
bokesadieboke said:

Come on dude. In this thread I presented an actual scene that happened, that perfectly reflected the ending. It's in an effort to give more insights & discuss positives from the chapter.

It's fine if that's how it effected you. But for myself and plenty of other people, it did not invalidate everything and it fit thematically with the story and we have come to like it. After leaving reddit this week, I have found countless incredible analyses from people who enjoyed it.

Please don't go around shitting on any forum that presents something not entirely hateful. There's ample spaces to air your frustrations. You are allowed to not like it, but I am allowed to like it and want to discuss more in depth with others that do as well - you don't need to just pop in to drop your insults.

Yeah it was foreshadowed for Eren to end the titan curse
All the other theories predicted that

But this ending was in no way foreshadowed
He changed the ending.

Eren and Ymir were never foreshadowed to be simps.
Apr 12, 2021 5:03 AM
Feb 2021
Tthe fact that he was born in this world/his will to be free/attack titan has their feet on the gas pedal pushing him forward, but it's destiny/fate that seemingly has control of the steering wheel.

Honestly it does make the moments it looks like Eren is about the crack much more interesting....like when Armin calls Eren a slave...
Apr 12, 2021 5:50 AM

Mar 2021
reroller said:
bokesadieboke said:

what you said is just utterly stupid, Isayama's own words means more than what ''you believe''

No, what Isayama said in one interview doesn't mean that is cemented in stone. He has probably gone through many different ways this ended, and settled on this one.

Also, "everyone dies" - well 80% of humanity died, so.
Apr 12, 2021 5:56 AM

Mar 2021
okatu_kxk said:
Satoya said:

Satoya said:
okatu_kxk said:

Thats one of my main problems too, the genocide had like no meaning... 80% of all humans dead - people like Ramzi who had a family, a dream.. And then we get that strange conversation between Eren and Armin, after that some shots of the remaining main characters and thats it.

I mean I agree - that's why Eren to me, is a villain. Because I never justified the Rumbling, nor did I think it was remotely okay.

But if the only other options were Paradis being wiped out and the curse persisting, I'm not sure what a better option was. I wish they would've handled the dialogue better at the end. I will say, I don't think Armin was thanking Eren for genocide, but thanking him for the sentiment - it was a form of pity before Eren passed on. And then he goes on to say they will make the most of the "error" - and perhaps begin to pave a way to real peace, formed by humans coming together.

I think the alliance victory itself was meant to show that the genocide wasn't right at all - but yeah, 80% is too much. Maybe that's what he meant by he was planning to kill everyone haha
Apr 12, 2021 5:57 AM

Mar 2021
Pecado_Carnal said:
Something being foreshadowed doesn't automatically make it good.

I don't know why everyone came onto this thread to tell me that the ending isn't good, when all I was doing was presenting something I found extremely interesting and intentional - that helped me understand what Isayama was going for. If you didn't like the ending, fine!

But I am finding myself liking it more and more, so I am wanting to discuss themes and symbolism and foreshadowing with other people instead of just shitting on it every chance I get.
Apr 12, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
bokesadieboke said:
okatu_kxk said:

Satoya said:

I mean I agree - that's why Eren to me, is a villain. Because I never justified the Rumbling, nor did I think it was remotely okay.

But if the only other options were Paradis being wiped out and the curse persisting, I'm not sure what a better option was. I wish they would've handled the dialogue better at the end. I will say, I don't think Armin was thanking Eren for genocide, but thanking him for the sentiment - it was a form of pity before Eren passed on. And then he goes on to say they will make the most of the "error" - and perhaps begin to pave a way to real peace, formed by humans coming together.

I think the alliance victory itself was meant to show that the genocide wasn't right at all - but yeah, 80% is too much. Maybe that's what he meant by he was planning to kill everyone haha

Yea I kind of agree
But we don't know what kind of options Eren had
Eren and Ymir can control past to some extent, so maybe changing the history 2000 years ago, changing Ymir's decision was quite a peaceful method, altho the history of the whole world will change, but since the concept of Time and different world lines / possible futures are introduced, may have been a possibility.
Another was letting Dina eat Bertholdt instead of Carla, Dina becomes Colossal, Dina and Girisha access paths and they help free the Eldians enslaved or mistreated by Marley, bringing them in Paradis, maybe Paradis remains aloof from the world, not a friendship with other nations, but a forced peace and using the Wall Titans and shifters for defense or maybe convince Ymir to end the curse somehow, cuz Ymir not getting over her love for Fritz doesn't make much sense, like didn't she see any girl going against her lover ?
Also, this would mean, the whole tragic story probably could be avoided.
I think, we just needed a bit more clear explanations from the last chapter.

Also, Ymir just took away the curse, like she just let her subjects suffer for her love for the king ? What was even the deal she made with the Devil.
"Dedication is a Talent all on its own." ~ Alphonse Elric
Apr 12, 2021 8:14 AM
Dec 2019
reallythatbad said:
Maybe final episode of Season 1 or 2 (because armin & jean have a conversation in the same hallway in both)
Apr 12, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
to fight monsters we made monsters of our own - Pacific Rim

lol
Apr 12, 2021 12:31 PM

Oct 2015
Funseco said:
bokesadieboke said:

He changed the ending.

Eren's grave was foreshadowed in chapter 1. Isayama never changed the ending. Stop with that copium addiction.
Apr 12, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2021
KtKr said:
Funseco said:

He changed the ending.

Eren's grave was foreshadowed in chapter 1. Isayama never changed the ending. Stop with that copium addiction.

It's pointless, there's a handful of people especially in this forum that hate the chapter so much, they are spending all of their time telling people that enjoyed it or at least respected it how wrong they are.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions of course, but it's sad I can't even present things for discussion without the hate rolling in.
Apr 12, 2021 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
KtKr said:

Its funny how you ignore the part of "Eren and Ymir were never foreshadowed to be simps"

Remember that talk between Reiner and Eren in Liberio?
"Reiner why was my mother killed that day?" "I just keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed."

Knowing how this end, what was the point of that talk?
Apr 12, 2021 1:33 PM
Dec 2020
Funseco said:
KtKr said:

Its funny how you ignore the part of "Eren and Ymir were never foreshadowed to be simps"

"Reiner why was my mother killed that day?" "I just keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed."

people also forget all the foreshadowings and symbolism with historia and ymir which were way more significant than all the hints with mikasa
Apr 12, 2021 1:37 PM

Oct 2015
Funseco said:
KtKr said:

"Eren and Ymir were never foreshadowed to be simps" - She literally died by protecting King Shitz with her own body in her backstory that we got in ch120.

There were some hints that Eren likes Mikasa, but let's be honest Isayama isn't romance genius. However only a ship*er would be mad about fictional pairing.

"Reiner why was my mother killed that day?" - Eren plays mind games with Reiner. Also in the same conversation he stated that he doesn't blame Reiner

"I just keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed." - He didn't consider everyone outside the walls to be his enemy. That's he also said to Reiner in that conversation and there are multiple scenes where he tries to protect Falco from being titanized by Zeke.

There are arguments against 139 but those about "Eren's character is assassinated" are just hilariously wrong.
Apr 12, 2021 1:37 PM

Mar 2021
Funseco said:
KtKr said:

He trying to emphasized how similar they are.
Reiner killed his mom.
He also killed his mom.
Apr 12, 2021 1:41 PM
Dec 2020
KtKr said:
Funseco said:

"Eren and Ymir were never foreshadowed to be simps" - She literally died by protecting King Shitz with her own body in her backstory that we got in ch120.

There were some hints that Eren likes Mikasa, but let's be honest Isayama isn't romance genius. However only a ship*er would be mad about fictional pairing.

"Reiner why was my mother killed that day?" - Eren plays mind games with Reiner. Also in the same conversation he stated that he doesn't blame Reiner

"I just keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed." - He didn't consider everyone outside the walls to be his enemy. That's he also said to Reiner in that conversation and there are multiple scenes where he tries to protect Falco from being titanized by Zeke.

There are arguments against 139 but those about "Eren's character is assassinated" are just hilariously wrong.
ymir protecting Karl fritz can be interpreted into being a slave and that fits way more with the themes we had, it really turned into a love plot with the last 3 chapters
Apr 12, 2021 1:46 PM

Oct 2015
yaegerist-15 said:
KtKr said:

ymir protecting Karl fritz can be interpreted into being a slave and that fits way more with the themes we had, it really turned into a love plot with the last 3 chapters

There could be probably more interesting ways to explain Ymir's behavior but "Ymir is mentally ill and loves Fritz" is not a contradiction of Ymir character because she never had any characterization to begin with lmao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.