Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2021 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
I've come to realize that I could afford to wear my interests on my sleeve a bit more. Like I have no anime merch atm... like none.
Maybe it's my naturally reclusive personality, but usually wear plain clothing that doesn't signal anything I'm into and I don't bring up my hobbies unless I know for sure that the other person is into the same things I like. Been trying to change that fact by just having a bit more self-confidence.

hbu?
Apr 11, 2021 1:17 PM

Jan 2020
Only close irl friends know that I like anime ig

Apr 11, 2021 1:21 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'm open to anyone, even strangers, since I feel like there's nothing to be ashamed of.
Apr 11, 2021 1:21 PM

Nov 2019
ill tell a person if they ask it's not like i'm hiding anything i just don't go around yelling i collect menstrual blood

BOMB BOMB BAKUDAN

Apr 11, 2021 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
Only people know my hobbies are my parents thats it i have no interest at all in getting picked on by normies.

Apr 11, 2021 1:34 PM

Apr 2021
I don’t think my hobbies are worth being shy about. I usually make new friends by spotting someone with merch, so I don’t have to worry about what the people around me think. Almost all the shirts I wear are video game or anime-related and I get merch whenever I have the opportunity. Though I’m an extrovert so being open comes pretty easily.
Apr 11, 2021 2:09 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Relatively open, I'll mention the global stuff but usually don't get into the juicy details
If I discuss gaming I won't get into the hrs I spent on playing nekopara but instead mention botw or smash, I save that for when we're a bit closer
Apr 11, 2021 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
I really only talk about my hobbies if the person I'm talking too has a common interest in them. I'm not really a conversation starter so I wouldn't consider myself open about my hobbies.
Apr 11, 2021 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
i think moderately open. i own some merch for anime and wear it occasionally outdoors. but thats the most strangers would derive of what my hobbies are. i'm pretty open if they ask me about what i like though
Apr 11, 2021 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Yes I am quite expressive when in the right conversation and moment about my greatest hobbies and interests. I talk about things like anime, video games and horror movies at work all the time. I also just wear plain apparel though, there's nothing wrong with that. Confidence doesn't need a special or unique look of style.
Apr 11, 2021 8:20 PM

Apr 2021
It's not like I go out yelling about my hobbies, I mean I'll answer and tell if they ask, but I usually don't tell people my hobbies out of the blue.
Apr 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Feb 2020
I wear my Junko Enoshima T-Shirt around with pride!. Nobody seems to know who she is or what she's from where I am anyway.

As for non-anime hobbies? that too I'm kinda open about (I even mention them on my page)

Trainspotting maybe I'm a little embarrassed about, as it's so often mocked and the butt of all jokes, but I mostly don't care. I find it fun, even if others may not. And I simply couldn't exist without Trains, may sound odd but I really couldn't, I love them so much.

Wrestling too actually. I go around wearing my Bullet Club or BWP shirt. I get recognized quite often as being a wrestling fan (BC T-Shirt) and it can strike up some pleasant conversations.
LightWorkerApr 11, 2021 8:43 PM
Apr 11, 2021 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not ashamed of my hobbies, I'll happily tell you about them if you ask me or if it's relevant to bring up. Doesn't mean I want to wear shitty clothing or fill my flat with merch.
Apr 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Feb 2021
I really wanted to buy some hentai shirt during my last visit to Japan, but I can't find a good one. Most of them are too generic. I would love a hentai shirt with cool design.

Some of my fav shirts.

Apr 11, 2021 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty open about what I'm into. I think people will respect most hobbies as long as it isn't something SUPER weird.

I have a pair of jordans I wear that have Chinese lettering on the back...Most people assume I'm an anime fan just off of that.

It really just depends on who you're trying to be. If you're open about all your hobbies and interests you're more likely to attract friends that'll make you happy and accept you for who you are.
Apr 12, 2021 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
I am open, if someone asks about it I have no problems talking about it but I don't have t-shirts and stuff, can't find it here
Apr 12, 2021 3:02 AM

Mar 2021
Very open. Perhaps too open. Just walking down the street you can see / hear my hobbies.

GenshinRosariaApr 12, 2021 7:35 AM
Apr 12, 2021 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
it's never really been in my personality to wear merch or to have branded/fandom items in my possession.
wait nevermind, i'm lying i forgot i used to own like 100 collector's special edition hello kitty plushies LMAO ...
okay but usually i don't - and either way, i've never cared if other people knew of my hobbies or not. if they
don't like it then i doubt they're people i consider friends or would care about anyway

grouper - no other

0:00 โ—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 3:46

โ‡†ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ—ใ…คใ…คโšโšใ…คใ…คโ–ทใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ†ป๏ปฟ

โžโžโžใ€€purple cause baal is my wife โ™กใ€€โžโžโž
Apr 12, 2021 8:24 AM
Nov 2018
Idk the friends I had knew about my hobbies but I am not so open about it because people judge others for anything really.
Apr 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Oct 2012
Open about some, secretive about others. People can usually tell I'm into metal from the band shirts I wear. Other than that I don't wear my hobbies on my sleeve in the sense of clothing.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Apr 12, 2021 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
I'm an open person in general, and my hobbies and interests are things I put on full display
Apr 12, 2021 10:54 AM

Sep 2018
At work I keep quiet about my gaming and anime hobbies. At home with my bro and online I am very open about being a weeb gamer. My weeb power level exceeds all my coworkers so I keep quiet about it over being viewed as strange for it.
Apr 12, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2021
I’m a very open minded person, I don’t hide my love for sports and painting,
Apr 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Dec 2017
If the topic arises I don't mind talking about my love for anime/manga/bd and games, also my drawings and exercise. Don't really have anything to hide about that.
“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Apr 12, 2021 3:10 PM
Mar 2021
My family and some frenemies know what i like but i live in such a retarded society that i'd be a laughing stock if i told normal people like classmates that i watch japanese cartoons, listen to kpop, cry at sad romantic tv series endings and then watch those endings again on youtube with a background song lolol. But f**k ppl, who cares about them.
IntroverteddudeApr 12, 2021 3:15 PM
Apr 12, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
I usualy wear anime/hololive shirts around... and nobody knows anything about them. Like one time someone recognised my Shirakami Fubuki shirt and I was like OMG! one of my people. It's like stupid rare around here.

Even when talking about games at works, I am mostly into weird niche/obscure games and JRPGs mostly (I play everything, actualy) and trying to explain something, like say, Senran Kagura is an experience in an of itself.

If only they knew what kind of music I listen to xD
Apr 13, 2021 1:25 AM
Dec 2010
I don't really talk about this on the main forum because it seems like there are some people who like to play power levels with this, or they are just being funny. Beside, it usually doesn't lead to any conversations so I leave it to personal messages/comments instead.

Unless I'm asked, usually I don't speak of my hobbies in front of people unnecessarily.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 13, 2021 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
if someone were to ask me abt my hobbies, then i'd openly tell them ! with close friends, i talk abt the things i'm interested in all the time.

i don't really feel like i should be embarassed about the things i enjoy, unless it were something incredibly weird.. then there shouldn't be any judgement ig เซฎ หถแต” แต• แต”หถ แƒ THOUGH i do sometimes find it awkward/difficult if the other person has a rly bad view of the things i like and/or are not understanding of it. eitherway though, i'll happily share love for hobbies and interests.
Apr 13, 2021 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
It really depends on who I'm talking to, but I'm mostly not really open about my hobbies unless it's in certain spaces that I feel are 'safe'.

That's probably something related to my experience as part of the LGBT community. It's harder to open up about yourself and the things you like because you've been used to hiding yourself for the longest time. It's something I'm trying to work on, though, living more unapologetically and openly about who I am, who I want to be, the things I enjoy...

I strongly believe that being really open about your interests is really healthy and will help you find other people with similar interests easily. It's not always easy to do so, though.
Apr 13, 2021 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
I don't talk about my hobbies with just anyone, but if someone asks me about them I'm not gonna hide them. I also don't have merch because I'm not a fucking consoomerist.
Apr 13, 2021 7:47 PM
May 2020
I'm pretty much very open when it comes to my hobby.
HAMAN KARN SUPREMACY
Apr 13, 2021 8:00 PM

Jul 2020
I'm not very publicly open about my interests in anime, however I am very expressive when it comes to my other hobbies
Apr 14, 2021 6:26 AM
ใŽใ‚ŠใŽใ‚Šใ‚ปใƒผใƒ•

Oct 2015
I'm very open. The shelves in my room are full of merch, plus I have a body pillow on open display on my bed (should my door be open). Occasionally I'll wear an anime shirt in public, however I usually don't since most of my anime t-shirts are a bit small on me.
I'll also tell anyone if they were to ask, however if the person asking would be someone I think wouldn't understand as easily, I'll usually go quite vague. That's more because I can't bother to explain properly, not because I'm ashamed.

Apr 14, 2021 3:12 PM

Jun 2015
Very open, because I have no hobbies I'm ashamed of.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Apr 14, 2021 5:00 PM

Feb 2021
my family knows nothing about my hobbies and i’m glad because ik theyll make fun of me. (especially for liking anime and manga) i’ve been watching anime for years and they still haven’t even found out and THANK GOD
basically i’m sneaky asf

my friends know a little about my hobbies.. only cause we share some
Apr 14, 2021 6:12 PM

Jun 2017
I used to be super shy and hated standing out. Now I don't care about what people may think about me and it's been a long journey but it feels great to be yourself all the time.
Apr 14, 2021 6:14 PM

Feb 2021
I’m really open about it to my closest friends or family but when it’s comes to people I know or barely know it’s a different story, I don’t ever want to share a thing about me since I am scared about the outcome.
Apr 15, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2020
i mean as long as people don't ask me i won't tell anyone but if they do, no reason to keep secret, i'm not ashamed
Apr 15, 2021 3:39 PM

May 2019
If you know me, you know what I’m into. I talk about my interests freely to everyone. If they don’t like it then they can fuck off.

"๐˜š๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ
๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜บ
๐˜๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ
๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜บ, ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ"

โœญ
Apr 15, 2021 3:45 PM
Jun 2020
I haven't mentioned anime to anyone I work with. I just can't be bothered with the childish piss-taking I know would come out of it. Their idea of a good conversation involves football and how much they drank over the weekend.
Apr 16, 2021 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty open. I think my hobbies are fairly mundane, normal things. I've heard of stories of people being made fun of for liking anime, but I've never been made fun of in real life for liking anime.
Apr 17, 2021 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
I mean, not to be that person, but I don't see entertainment as a hobby. I don't own merch clothing, but like I have an ATLA comic right next to my books and I don't really care.

I always talk about my hobbies, which have become fitness, cross stitching, Kumihimo, drawing. Nothing really exciting to talk about though. :D
Apr 20, 2021 2:15 AM
Apr 2021
I am open with my hobbies i do not hide my love for anime and japanese media if you have a real conversation with me you know I love anime. Have you used Chinese Micro Switches?
arsalansoeApr 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Apr 20, 2021 4:08 PM
Jul 2020
Not very open, unless their close friends.. Not going to go around saying I watch anime unless I know the other person likes anime too. Like, I can just eaves drop on an AOT conversation and then I'm in!

More topics from this board

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

33 by DreamWindow »»
2 minutes ago

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 17

19 by vasipi4946 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you like sport? ( 1 2 3 )

-miharu- - Mar 27, 2019

107 by vasipi4946 »»
7 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

649 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - Yesterday

18 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.