Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Faria girl has a sharp tongue.

On the other hand, that academy Nemo is attending isn't that special. The story also feels lacking. I'm not even sure what they're trying to do with Nemo's character at this point. At least they're making the monsters in the show an actual threat, I guess?
Apr 11, 2021 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
Even in this "supposed" academy, the presence of Faria reaches far and wide as akin to the usual trope of "Student Council President", and taking Nemo in as the newest member of the Seven Knights is bound to have some conflict...as usual.

Everything else is just the bog standard of a sub-par game adaptation of tropes seen one too often, I'd foresee that Nemo would only act in times of distress, as if he's the Player's POV we're supposed to imitate while playing the game for the very first time.

Not gonna expect anything outta this one.
Apr 11, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
I love Jou, he has a passion of fire and a power of ice and lickable muscles.
Apr 11, 2021 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
Ofc the other members of seven knights won't just accept Nemo in the seven knights like that but he proved his worth by helping to defeat that monster. Jou seems to have taken a liking to him. Also heh Ara Ara onee san detected, Sophitia's hot.
Apr 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
-"You can't protect anybody if you're dead, so why fight at all?"
It was trying to claim that it was about Joe pushing himself too hard and putting himself in danger, but he never really did that, except to stand against the hydra-dragon he accidentally unleashed in the middle of the school where he is literally the only person present to do anything about it. Not exactly the time you'd think anybody would be preaching discretion, especially when not seriously put into harm anyway.

They could have certainly done a kind of "You have my back, and I'll have yours," kind of schtick, but the protagonist is too much of a sad sack, and they had to handwave why the regen-dragon was a threat. Almost worse, the animation fell apart a bit when the protagonist actually fought. How did he tie up the whole thing? Dunno, we cut right past all that. And that still doesn't excuse the first half of the episode, which was all intro and dragging sad-boy around so he can whimper in general.
Apr 11, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2020
At first Nemo wasn't accepted by The Seven Knights. Through his actions he was able to prove his worth by assisting in defeating a huge threat.
Apr 11, 2021 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
It was a good episode. I like the blossomed friendship between the two. Though it was lacking in background story, it was too short and of course the dialogue between the two should be tear jerking but it was averagely created like the producers didn't even think or tried thinking how to flesh out our characters (well, others already stated it above this reply of mine, good job noticing it).

I really like the hints given to this episode about Nemo (not the fish...) About what will become of his power someday. Its an obvious plot for me but I still like it.

RayReynolds said:
-"~~the animation fell apart a bit when the protagonist actually fought. How did he tie up the whole thing? Dunno, we cut right past all that. And that still doesn't excuse the first half of the episode, which was all intro and dragging sad-boy around so he can whimper in general.

Hmm, I agree. The first episode was phenomenal (at least for me) because the action scenes was great because of how well they created it not skipping a da*n thing but this 2nd episode was a let down and obviously, they skipped the good part. Part of the good ones is the action genre but if there's a fast paced action, then what would be the point of their powers. (Something like that...)
CrazyButNot4UApr 11, 2021 2:44 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 2021 2:48 PM
Jan 2017
I'm really liking Nemo's character development in the show. He starts off a bit too humble and polite for his own good, but as his power grows, so does his confidence. I'm also interested to see how he will interact with the supporting cast. Overall, this is shaping up to be a good show and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 11, 2021 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
What an incredible episode, the fights were very well animated and very good.
Apr 11, 2021 5:10 PM
Nov 2019
I feel like this anime has had a rough start. I hope Nemo gets some good development and that the story goes some where because it has the potential.
Apr 11, 2021 5:11 PM
Nov 2019
I feel like this anime has had a rough start. I hope Nemo gets some good development and that the story goes some where because it has the potential.
Apr 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Jan 2020
ChinkBimmy said:

It ain't looking too bright so keep your expectations low

Apr 11, 2021 6:29 PM
Nov 2020
Wasn't sure I'd watch the second episode. They did much better than I expected. Character introductions which I thought was a big fat weakness in the first episode, were pretty good this time. Jou got the most attention and was well handled, reverting expectations from his first scene. Gareth was also introduced fairly well, sending the new guy to drop off the vial and avoid the receptionist. That interaction with Nemo and his "maybe that's just how he's presenting himself?" internal dialogue said a lot about his disposition with almost no screen time.

They even "fixed" the first three character intros to a large extent. Faria was a more believable always-on CEO/idealogue type this episode, and that made some sense of the relationship between her and her assistant. Also how Faria switches from protecting to managing Nemo once it's clear he can "make a contribution", the whole "I expect great things from you" talk over tea was well done. Nemo too - as he walks around making one terrible first impression after another and doesn't give a shit, we see that he's just one of those people that has a very high threshold for stimulation and/or stress, doesn't think much of himself or anyone for that matter, and has no respect or desire for social status.

I did not understand the librarian, or why she had to say "he might save us all". What kind of script introduces a wunderkinds who pulls off the equivalent of composing an original composition at the caliber of Beethoven the first time he sits down at a piano, then requires this kind of "perhaps he will be the protagonist" foreshadowing? Maybe they think it's funny, I don't know. I thought it was. Aaaaaand the action... yeah. Wasn't great, to me. If they pick it up in this department - and they showed that potential in the first episode to be fair - this show could keep winning me over.

Story seems exceptionally lame so far - but given the way they've set everything up I suspect this whole 7 heroes, Godess, and Dark God/Physis mythology is going to get flipped on it's head at some point in a twist. Just a hunch, but also the background art in the ED of the first episode made me think that this world is more fleshed out than it seems.

Pretty middle of the pack so far, gives me a "watch if bored enough" feel - nothing against though.

Apr 11, 2021 10:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ofc he got the immediate refusal from a certain council members. However, as long as Nemo showed his power. Obviously the dude easily changed his heart. That's all.

In short, even if the plot surrounding the self-inserted mc, Nemo, in his first-day-in-the-academy very cliche and mostly lame with the obviousness. However, as i mention before, the female casts so far really attracted me so hard, especially with that cold green haired one. So, you just straight to Ellen and that girl dedicated episode and their backstories and we get down to the bussiness again, anime.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 12, 2021 3:28 AM

Oct 2016
Fine episode, Nemo got introduced to the seven knights, of course they don't trust him yet. Even Faria, but she wants to believe in him. Well, Nemo just has to prove that whoever his succession hero is, is a good dude.

Nemo has already proven himself to Jou though. I like how chill Ellen is lmao.
Apr 12, 2021 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
this anime sucks balls and is generic as shit, why do all mobile game adaptations have to be so bad
Apr 12, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 2016
I believe this episode is worth the 4 out 5 that it is lacking in the character development as well the setting back ground. They missed this chance to show more of the school and To show why the school is important. Like really let's have a school filled with hundreds kids that can only have 7 heroes. Then in the ending credits The main female lead say she is afraid of his power. Which makes no sense all he has is a badass grappling blade. They could have at least show a stronger power for that.

Now this anime has promise if the studio does not rush it. Give it 24 ep instead of 12 give us the details we ask for
Apr 12, 2021 8:52 AM

Jun 2016
Joe's father must have been one strong successor to fight the Physis by himself. Makes me wonder how long the Physis has been around. Can't remember if they mentioned anything about that yet, but I kinda want too find out more.

Nemo, the new kid on the block, and Joe, the tough kid, becoming friends. Typical stuff then. I'm gonna assume every ep will be Nemo making friends with the other members.

The animation in the fight scene was kinda terrible. Maybe it was the angles they used, but it didn't look that great.
A-Simple-SquireApr 19, 2021 12:55 AM

Apr 13, 2021 9:50 PM

Oct 2008
Rance-sama said:
this anime sucks balls and is generic as shit, why do all mobile game adaptations have to be so bad

yea...mobile game adaptation always always end-up being lackluster...
3/5.

Apr 15, 2021 2:25 AM

Nov 2013
another average episode but this one was a bit more enjoyable imo i kinda like the characters, their very generic but don't seem boring after all, can't wait to get to know the main character's hero better he seems really cool
Apr 15, 2021 1:35 PM

Feb 2019
The OP and ED BANGGGGG. I thought this was gonna be another generic gacha adaptation like shironeko, but the art, animation and production qualities have been GREAT
Apr 17, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2014
all that budget spent on nice visual & sound are wasted because of crappy script.. what a shame
Apr 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
LOL

I could have swear that during the fight with the undead-dragon "Godzilla OST" was being played, LUL

Well... the MC didn't really do anything if you think about it...

What he do? Stab the thing with a Knife on the wounded place already there and hold it down with a rope... (even his full body "takeover", (hehe FT reference) succession, didn't do much... he literally just stood there)

The Ice dude could have literally just hit the undead-dragon at the wound spot too regardless of a knife being there and use the freeze power. (just require some dodging to get to it)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 15, 2021 11:32 PM
Dec 2017
I wouldn't be watching this show if I had anything better to do.

Every side character is going to straight up chop the enemy perfectly in half, and sometimes more than once; while completely blundering the job. You know the basic principle that they have a core to regenerate from, and of coarse they totally forget to attack the core until reminded by the main character (a newbie child).

If this kid isn't a Gary"Mary" Sue, then what is?

EDIT: Just found out this anime is from a (pay2win) Video Game... Now it makes sense why you can start out as a God and crush everything at the start. I did a few seconds of research. So, I could be wrong:
https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/76nug5/is_the_game_getting_more_p2w_now/
charliechuckleJun 15, 2021 11:40 PM
Jun 21, 2021 12:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The other characters at the academy are fine but I definitely prefer the main ones.
The way they defeated the dragon was sure interesting but seems like MC is really OP
Aug 26, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
Some initial unnecessary anger from Jou towards the kind Nemo there but at least after fighting together Nemo has proven himself to be strong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

34 by Abyhape »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:45 AM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

23 by Abyhape »»
Oct 24, 2023 9:55 AM

» Romance in this anime

EXCALIBUR_843 - Nov 7, 2021

5 by stan20tabk »»
Nov 8, 2021 11:50 PM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

63 by Jimtron_Klopp »»
Sep 4, 2021 9:17 AM

Poll: » Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

15 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 27, 2021 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.