Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A masked ball party like this captures the mystique of this show imo.

And of course, there's an important document at stake. It's thrilling to follow Albert's every move in this arc. I don't trust Irene in this arc but she does what it takes to survive.
Apr 11, 2021 7:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is why I love Sherlock, he literally made a part of his house exploding just to trick Irene and find the document.
And now it's back to Moriarty vs Sherlock battle of wits, and he already knows that they're on it.
Apr 11, 2021 7:45 AM

Dec 2014
Good stuff, interesting plot developments.

It was kinda given that Irene would turn to the 'Lord of Crime''/Moriarty, James did a good job of convincing her. Did they ever show when he poisoned that corrupt Baron? Not sure if I missed it or if it was off screened.

I knew the explosion was fake but those are extreme measures to get the truth out of Irene. Classic Sherlock.
Sherlock figured out that she was lying about the protection and she's dealing with the Lord of Crime, I'm curious to see what a confrontation between Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty as the Lord of Crime not the professor would look like. Does Sherlock have an idea of who the Lord of Crime could be?

Irene's motives seem more noble in this story, I do like all these little spins on the characters and their personality despite keeping them close to the original in some ways. It's been a long time since I read the novels and I've likely forgotten most of it, BBC Sherlock is what comes to mind when I hear Sherlock these days. So this is an interesting spin on the characters compared to that one.
Apr 11, 2021 7:55 AM

May 2019
Build-up going good.. Haha.. I knew it Sherlok would blew up his room.. Classic Sherlok.
Apr 11, 2021 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Sherlock blew up the entire second floor to get those files. He truly is an outrageous guy but now that Irene is gonna join hands with Moriarty, what's he gonna do?
Apr 11, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2020
Sherlock the madman. L M A O at him blowing up the place just to trick Irene Adler. I was chucking when he was lying there on the ground looooool poor Miss Hudson!!!!

Watching my favourite bishies every Sunday night really completes my weekend. Glad this anime is back! OP & ED are growing on me too I’m so glad they didn’t ditch the EDM/dubstep for the ED, I remember people complained about it back then but it’s now definitely a befitting style. Do wish the ED art was as beautiful as ED1 tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
A masquerade ball, and with the crime impending, this is a good time to follow up with last episode's set-up.

As usual, the Moriarty brothers start their sortie with Albert, and baiting Irene Adler no less to try and figure out her game. This is just like the situation on the ship where William James Moriarty managed to outplay Sherlock and emerge the winner at the end.

Sherlock and John trying all they could to disguise their usual trick on Irene, and the fake explosion was finally a hit. To hear Irene Adler's ideal world of reforms just like Moriarty's change through crime, they're birds of a feather. And just like Moriarty, Sherlock has found himself facing against him once again.

The mystery delves ever deeper...
Apr 11, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2017
Overal, quite a good episode. But I hate what they've done with Irene Adler. Originally she is this skillful woman who outfoxes the greatest detective in the world which is why she was termed 'The Woman' but they've reduced her to a mess which is just begging Sherlock or Moriarty to protect her which is just a gross disrespect to her original personality. I know they've been following manga but still.
Apr 11, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
The good old murder game, a blast at every party or gathering of many people.

This time merely a set up by the Lord of Crime. Meanwhile, Sherlock with his own plans. He baited Irene as expected and surely went all out there. But I'm gonna expect even more daring moves if he truly wants to catch Moriarty.

Exciting development. And again, I love the presentation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2021 9:06 AM

Sep 2019
Sherlock blew his house up but it was worth it. He'll have a great time playing with Moriarty's games. Seeing Moriarty brothers at the end gave me the chills.
Apr 11, 2021 9:15 AM

Aug 2020
Sherlock did Adler good but she one upped him.
Apr 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
What a fucking madlad, Sherlock blew up his own apartment just to find those papers. It's going to be interesting to see him in a battle of wits against the Moriarty brothers, I can't wait.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 11, 2021 10:08 AM
Mar 2015
They repeated the device they used to find the picture from Scandal in
Bohemia
Apr 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Sep 2017
Awesome ep. Love seeing team Moriarty fuck up some aristocrats. Also god damn Sherlock for blowing up his own place just to find the papers. Now Sherlock knows team Moriarty is involved so it should be some good battle of wits.
Apr 11, 2021 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
Well, they completely changed Irene's story, but it's not bad. Thank god! They even made references to Irene's crossdressing, her trying to blackmail a royalty, and Sherlock's trick with the fire.

Oh, "Lord of Crime" from the first OP is a title that they actually use. Cool!

Albert is so hot. Him being a rebellious noble, who's defying authority, makes him so much more attractive. (Louis, give him a complementary spank from me! lol)
Apr 11, 2021 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Sherlock is absolutely insane lmao dude was willing to blow up the building to get those documents. Irene’s ideal world is a perfect match for Moriarty vision. No wonder the two get along so well. Great episode, this season is on pace to be even better than the first half. Really looking forward to where it goes.
Apr 11, 2021 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
I think a simple house searching while she was outside would have been sufficient considering the place she hid the documents in but whatever.
Apr 11, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
Nice. So this plot seems to go on for 3 (or maybe even 4?) episodes. First season - if I remember correctly - had only 1-episode stuff + a few that were 2-episodes.
Apr 11, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2020
I grow to love this show a little more with every episode. The mischief in Albert's eyes and behavior was a good sight. The lengths Sherlock would go to to achieve his goals! Good stuff. Poor Irene, she got deceived twice. I wonder if the rest of the season will revolve around retrieving this document. I'm so excited for next episode and all I can think about is what the "Lord of Crime" has in mind to get his hands on what he wants without Sherlock getting in the way.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 11, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda happy that the anime might be about James Moriarty but seeing it revolve around Sherlock more is nice too..
and sherlock the madman!
Apr 11, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
Aristocracy is the opposite of meritocracy. I absolutely hate that system.
Apr 11, 2021 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sherlock is a mad lad. Blowing up the second floor to get the documents, lol. Then again in the novels/stories he did some stuff that was just as crazy to throw his opponents off track.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2021 11:58 AM

Mar 2010
Oh cool, we went back to the nutty murdering. Irene learned about the Moriartys.. Will she tell Sherlock who they are?
Apr 11, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
bro why can't the UK just go like "it's just a prank bro" after all it was a social experiment. instantly no longer a scandal

for realz I'm digging this little game of deceiving going on, each party is trying to manipulate the other for their own gain. Then again, seems like Irene's motives allighn quite well with the Moriarty brothers

Though with the nature of deceiving characters it makes you wonder how much of what is being said is true or not :P
Apr 11, 2021 12:06 PM
Aug 2020
Achei que foi um bom episódio,mas acredito que ele só foi para expandir e dar mais uma introdução para um grande plot no terceiro episódio (acho que é isso )
Apr 11, 2021 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
Just what would he have done if the papers were on the second floor...
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Apr 11, 2021 12:52 PM

Mar 2018
AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! This show knows EXACTLY how to get my heart pumping. I get so nervous every time someone lies or tries something, it's really such a fun time. It's building off the things I loved in the first season, aaaa this is so good
Apr 11, 2021 1:19 PM

Jun 2016
Great plot development, I can't wait to see the next episode!
Apr 11, 2021 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
Even though this anime isn;t going to be my AOS, I enjoyed the first cour, and am continuing to enjoy this second core. Past episodes have changed things around in the manga a little bit, but I think this episode followed the manga pretty closely.

The next episode should finish up this arc with Irene, or almost finish it.

I'm curious how viewers and Sherlock fans who haven't read the manga, will react when the story completely takes a HUGE liberty with the Sherlock universe canon when
I'm sure it's gonna piss a lot of people off haha
Apr 11, 2021 2:08 PM

Apr 2018
Ah yes very good building uip episoide. Sherlock really went all that trouble of blowing up his own house just to find where the documents are. That masked ball part was very good, explaining Adler what Alberts goal was.
Apr 11, 2021 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
This episode focused on Albert deeply. I could understand his nature and cleverness.
Irene is a complex woman in various ways. Seems William and Sherlock's next mind game begins.
Apr 11, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
The dance moment was very interesting about how people did it before that man died.
Apr 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Jan 2021
The way people resumed dancing despite the dead man on the floor just tells how f*cked up that society is
Apr 11, 2021 6:31 PM

Nov 2014
_Endless_ said:
I think a simple house searching while she was outside would have been sufficient considering the place she hid the documents in but whatever.
Yeah, no, it would be "too boring" in Sherlock's case, he is a freaking madlad, so blowing up the second floor was a way to show him where Irene hid the documents, gotta admit he got me there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2021 6:32 PM

Nov 2014
Shimai_ni said:
Just what would he have done if the papers were on the second floor...
Terrible news, terrible news indeed xD But I don't think Irene is risky enough to hide those papers on the second floor where Sherlock can find them very easily.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2021 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
WOOOOW! once again! exemplar impressive episode! masterfully done! and this is just a start of bigger conflict!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2021 8:11 PM

Apr 2021
Albert James Moriarty definitely has the aura of very good character. I think he is more interesting than William James Moriarty.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Apr 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Aug 2014
I was all disappointed when no rich douche bag got what they deserved last episode, so I'm much happier now. (I may be a psychopath.)
Apr 11, 2021 10:50 PM

Nov 2018
Sherlock's big brain time was definitely the highlight of this episode.
Apr 11, 2021 11:00 PM
Dec 2019
Major death flags for Irene
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Apr 11, 2021 11:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its about time Albert got a bigger portion than before. His solo performance under a supervision of his brother in crime, in fact pretty outstanding, no more talk about that. They even no need to explained that poor baron pawn death. Because its really obvious, he got poisoned, even after Adler told the real scandal under that bunch of clarified papers. The lord of crime finally showed his grand plan to the whole country, and tried to convinced the lady in disguised to joined into his side. Obviously Adler should think wise, and never expected another stunning performance in front of her.

Lmao. That's Sherlock and his crazy revenge idea to finally succeeded tricking Adler. Its so expected honestly, and he might've move faster, considering Sherlock already got an idea, whats goin on later. The big conspiracy, related to his eternal enemy, the Moriarty.

However, well, i think its a bit too late for Sherlock, or not? Lets what else after that.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Oct 2015
good to see proof that some people on this forum
dont actually watch the anime theyre talking about before commenting on it
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Apr 12, 2021 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
ooh wow looks like stuff is really starting to get interesting... cant wait to see where this arc goes with sherlock and the moriarties.
Apr 12, 2021 5:36 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! That closeup shot on Albert's glowing green eyes as they watch that Baron slowly die was badass. Irene's goals basically aligns with what the brothers are doing, just different methods, she bit off more than she can chew though with those documents. Sherlock is catching on to Moriarty though, doubt Irene's gonna tell him, but we'll see. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 12, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
I loved the first season too, but omg this season is on a whole other level, absolutely brilliant.
Apr 12, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2008
giveup-the-ghost said:
Even though this anime isn;t going to be my AOS, I enjoyed the first cour, and am continuing to enjoy this second core. Past episodes have changed things around in the manga a little bit, but I think this episode followed the manga pretty closely.

The next episode should finish up this arc with Irene, or almost finish it.

I'm curious how viewers and Sherlock fans who haven't read the manga, will react when the story completely takes a HUGE liberty with the Sherlock universe canon when
I'm sure it's gonna piss a lot of people off haha

I read the manga and
Apr 13, 2021 2:28 AM
Jan 2021
Rex2398 said:
Overal, quite a good episode. But I hate what they've done with Irene Adler. Originally she is this skillful woman who outfoxes the greatest detective in the world which is why she was termed 'The Woman' but they've reduced her to a mess which is just begging Sherlock or Moriarty to protect her which is just a gross disrespect to her original personality. I know they've been following manga but still.

Considering in the original she just stole a photograph and not documents that could have you executed to keep the secret, the change is understandable. On top of that, even the most cunning will find themselves having to ask for help in dire circumstances. Finally, this is just the beginning for her.
Apr 13, 2021 9:45 AM

May 2016
Both sides getting really good at playing with Irene kinda feel bad for her.
Apr 13, 2021 9:34 PM

Oct 2017
btamamura said:
Rex2398 said:

Considering in the original she just stole a photograph and not documents that could have you executed to keep the secret, the change is understandable. On top of that, even the most cunning will find themselves having to ask for help in dire circumstances. Finally, this is just the beginning for her.

It doesn't matter if it's a document or the photos, their value was same referenced by the fact that 'disastrous for British Empire' was used for both of them. Both could have got you executed. Originally the photo was an assurance that King wouldn't have gotten her killed since attempts at robberies and burglaries had already been made at her before approaching Holmes. I don't know how will they redeem the side character from such a weak start - but I suppose they had to make her helpless in order to further the rivalry between Holmes and Moriarty, but I would've preferred if they took some other direction with her which may've given her a similar vibe as novel like maybe outsmarting them both?
Apr 14, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2017
No wonder James Moriarty want Irene on their side - she literally has a tried and tested road map to their goal. They've not only left Irene with no choice but to work with them but caught left Sherlock with no choice but to let Irene give them the plans. They make being criminally geniuses to a whole new level!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.