Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Jun 2020
rotflolmaomgeez said:
BromWalar said:
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around. I don't know, but this first episode rubbed be the wrong way and I really doubt that I will be able to finish this, because it will probably get worse... when she starts humiliating him in public and with friends, which I suspect.

I have some good news (and very minor spoilers):

I will not read spoilers, sorry. I am still giving it a shot.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2015
BromWalar said:
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around.

Given how popular the manga is idk how people don't know how that is the point of the show. The mangaka makes ero doujins, the whole idea with Nagatoro is sort of a femdom fetish thing (which is what many of their doujins is about). She's extra aggressive in the start just to kind of set the mood of the show.
JokucApr 10, 2021 10:50 AM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 10, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2019
I will be honest. I didn't expect the episode to be that good. It was p funny for sure.

I have irrational hate against Nagatoro but I have to say that this was a good start lol.

No one asked but I took the time to sin this anime like it was cinemasins and even when I did, this anime is fun. I would recommend lol unironcally.
Apr 10, 2021 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
The episode starts with the popular girls “dining” in the library, having fun, ruining the silence. Naoto enters the library, being awkard and all. One of the girls go to get a book from the shelf, were Naoto is sitting and his bag suddenly falls off the table. The girl sees his manga and starts making fun of him, then others join and make everything worse ofc. They leave, Nagataro takes time and introduces herself, then starts teasing him but says sorry for her friend’s ugly behavior and starts teasing him again, eventually makes him cry. Cute girl, isn’t she? Naoto is such a crybaby though, creepy but we’ll have to go with it I guess.

Good episode ngl.
Apr 10, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2020
Well i loved it cause its one of the most relatabke anime i have ever seen so i loved it.
Apr 10, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2020
Jokuc said:
BromWalar said:
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around.

Given how popular the manga is idk how people don't know how that is the point of the show. The mangaka makes ero doujins, the whole idea with Nagatoro is sort of a femdom fetish thing. She's aggressive in the start just to kind of set the mood of the show, it
later.

So i have heard. I knew it would be it, there was just too much of it in just one episode for my tastes. About the femdom; yea I get and I kinda fit in that target audience but it does not appeal to me, because she is just too much too quick. But I will keep watching and hope that it gets better as you said.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 10, 2021 10:50 AM
Apr 2021
The First Episode was amazing. I hope it follows the manga, I just happy it got a anime.
Apr 10, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2020
forgot how much of a bitch she used to be,
senpai is the exact voice actor I had in mind
wasnt sure who would be good for nagatoro but her VA fits
Apr 10, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2020
Call-Me-Senpai said:
Well i loved it cause its one of the most relatabke anime i have ever seen so i loved it.

Relatable? So far, not so much. I would say that guy like him would never tell her that "he does not want her to not be around" and when she started teasing him, normal guy would run away at the first opportunity.
Apr 10, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2020
This first episode was good

Going into it I was expecting it to be much more like Teasing Master Takagi-san, and I guess it is, but so far I do like Takagi-san way more than Nagatoro
Apr 10, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2019
Visually, it looks really good. The backgrounds are all detailed with a bit of lighting flair. The character designs are clean and the amount of effort put into all Nagatoro’s different faces is pretty crazy.

While she does take it kinda far sometimes, he did say that he liked interacting with her so the whole “ruthless bullying” thing is DOA.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit and am looking forward to the rest.
Apr 10, 2021 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
So I avoided the manga because the synopsis did not sound appealing to me. I gave the first episode a try and yep, it is what it is; "Bulling for comedy" crap. Takagi-San and Uzaki-chan worked because in the first case not only it was light teasing but also the one who starts trouble gets what he asked for, and in the second case the one who gets bullied is strong enough to fight back so it gives a balance between the two.

This? This is not funny because the bully gets away with her bullying and the victim suffers from her and can't fight back due to his anxiety which is not funny, but cruel.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 10, 2021 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Perfect adapdation. They really nailed it. I'm glad they didn't hold back on the tone from the early chapters.
I'm really excited for the rest. Nagatoro getting caught riding Senpi like a horse is gonna be so good animated.
Apr 10, 2021 11:01 AM

Nov 2019
Poor guy is having it rough. To be fair he kinda had it coming. Dude had the audacity to think he could just do his homework at the library like he usually does. Tssk, rooky mistake.

Apr 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2020
As the original manga reader, this honestly bring a smile on my face. Literally I was smiling the whole way through while watching it. The animation is really good, I was a bit worried that it wasn’t gonna be animated well, but now my worries for that is gone. Honestly I really like this episode, it’s great! It is disappointing though, because I know that people are gonna complain about this anime on twitter, but what can we do. Anyways this was a really good episode, I’m excited for more.
Nina supporter for lifeđź’•
Apr 10, 2021 11:02 AM
Nov 2018
The girl is as annoying as it gets. The guy is beyond ridiculous and weak. Meh.
Apr 10, 2021 11:03 AM
Mar 2021
You all do you boo's, but I've never been a fan for bullying; Myne vibes.
Apr 10, 2021 11:04 AM
Mar 2020
Loved every bits of the episode! i feel everyone kinda annoyed by nagatoros actions but you can clearly see that she knows what her doing and for that seemingly have interest in senpai kun. The first episode is great and if anyone ever think of dropping this early on, you'll eventually regret this amazing show.

Props to the studio animating the scenes and scenery wonderful, especially, those accurate character facial expressions. Really loved it and was waiting to see another episode next week even though i've already read the manga long time ago.
Apr 10, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2021
KANLen09 said:
WELP, HERE WE GO. Another BIG AND GOOD shitstorm of the season.

If you are thinking that Takagi-san or Uzaki-chan aren't enough, Nagatoro will at least get your blood pumping as the most extreme of extremes of the "girl-teases-boy" rom-com formula. Mark my words like how manga readers do, anime-onlys...get ready for the amount of craziness if you're not prepared.

Naoto Hachiouji is the same weak, pathetic loser of a nervous wreck of a Senpai, and Nagatoro...is the same dark-tanned crude and sadist gal of a Kouhai that I remember from reading the manga. And getting Sumire Uesaka to voice Nagatoro, I can't think of a better VA than her to voice all the condescending with that smug face.

I'm literally grinning with smiles as I'm watching the manga come alive in a decent effort of Telecom Animation Film's production. This is a must-watch for the best guilt-trip pleasure of a rom-com.

Here's hoping that Nagatoro will last the long run in making Naoto a better man. BETTER GET READY!
dont worry our senpai-kun mans up, I honestly look forward to it
Apr 10, 2021 11:06 AM
Feb 2021
Man, I was smiling from cheek to cheek watching this episode especially the ED, I can’t wait for it to get more wholesome (I read the manga so I know what happens ahead of time)
Apr 10, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
As a manga reader I forgot how annoying was Nagatoro in early chapters, damn. She is literally bullying him in certain moments when they don't even know each other...
Thank god with time this series got a lot better and I'm enjoying a lot now
pilotinha_Apr 10, 2021 11:09 AM
Apr 10, 2021 11:07 AM

Mar 2019
Well... Was quite funny. Girl was good. Boy meh. I dunno but the boy is way worse than Uzaki or Takagi's boy. He cried. Twice.... Well I would ask the same question if he's a man
Feb 2021
It was a bit hard to watch at points if I’m being honest. But at the same time I loved all the facial expressions they were hitting.

Aug 2015
BromWalar said:
About the femdom; yea I get and I kinda fit in that target audience but it does not appeal to me

Don't let this scare you away cause it's a really good manga, but honestly, I find it hard to believe that someone who doesn't like those kind of themes would enjoy this series even with what I said before.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 10, 2021 11:09 AM

Aug 2015
pilotinha_ said:
As a manga reader I forgot how annoying was Nagatoro in early chapters, damn. She is literally bullying him in certain moments when they don't even know each other...
for me it's the opposite, I love early chapters nagatoro
Apr 10, 2021 11:11 AM

May 2020
Velv69t said:
IS ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE, "YOU'RE ACTING REALLY SUS SENPAI" LINE!! That was honestly the point where I gave the series a 10/10

AMOGUS?!

Not gonna lie though, solid adaptation for the first episode. I think this'll be good.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 10, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2017
I was a bit worried about this show from reading some reviews of the manga, but tbh during the first ep I was just annoyed by the MC having no backbone than Nagatoro messing with him lol, he is such a non-character it is basically just the Nagatoro show. I thought there would be more of a dynamic between the two of them like with Takagi-san, though that can still change later on in the show
Apr 10, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
That was pretty good, it was rough to watch but I loved those few seconds when you can clearly see she is doing it for both entertainment and for his well being, I'm also glad it has a much better pacing than Uzaki

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LunaApr 10, 2021 11:53 PM
Apr 10, 2021 11:17 AM
May 2009
"How many different frames you want?"
Nagatoro OP: "yes!"

:D
Apr 10, 2021 11:18 AM
Feb 2021
holiday498 said:
I was a bit worried about this show from reading some reviews of the manga, but tbh during the first ep I was just annoyed by the MC having no backbone than Nagatoro messing with him lol, he is such a non-character it is basically just the Nagatoro show. I thought there would be more of a dynamic between the two of them like with Takagi-san, though that can still change later on in the show
Nagatoro’s teasing actually help builds his confidence through out the manga to the point where he actually gets some backbone
Apr 10, 2021 11:19 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t WAIT to see the twitter meltdowns about this one. This first episode was one of the most fun slice of life episodes I’ve seen in a while. Nagatoro’s antics are hilarious. I’ve also been told the teasing gets a lot more wholesome later on so looking forward to that. Overall great ep. Love the art and everything.
Apr 10, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
I'm really conflicted.

On one hand, the directing, production values, sound design, etc.
Truly Grade A work. So many shows could benefit from this.

That said...

Yeah, I'm one of those people.
As of right now, it is bullying.
While it certainly is true that Senpai could stand up for himself more, there's no denying that he is the victim here and suffers from anxiety.

Apparently people are able to find someone bullying someone to the point where they cry endearing.
This is the state of the society we live in.

Yeah, yeah, I hear you. "iT's OnLY tHiS bAd iN ThE bEgiNNinG."
To that I say that we'll have to wait and see.

I honestly have no idea what to score this.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Apr 10, 2021 11:21 AM
Dec 2015
So, when does it get to the point to where we can start reporting people for calling people pedophiles or dumb shit like that? Can the mods start locking accounts? This is out of hand! Seriously, it seems to me to be borderline harassment. There was nothing wrong with the show, it was amazing, and the manga is amazing. Seriously, isn’t there anything that can be done about these overly judgemental, self-righteous pricks...sick of the nonsense.
Apr 10, 2021 11:22 AM
Dec 2015
So, when does it get to the point to where we can start reporting people for calling people pedophiles or dumb shit like that? Can the mods start locking accounts? This is out of hand! Seriously, it seems to me to be borderline harassment. There was nothing wrong with the show, it was amazing, and the manga is amazing. Seriously, isn’t there anything that can be done about these overly judgemental, self-righteous pricks...sick of the nonsense.
Apr 10, 2021 11:26 AM
Aug 2018
The amount of second hand cringe. Pain.
But that's just like... my opinion... man

Nov 2014
Idk how people can believe nagatoro is actually bullying him, when even compared to the manga the "bullying" was toned a lot down with the visuals and the music, which in my opinion fits the tone of the series very well.

If you actually pay attention to the episode, most of the stress senpai/paisen was under came just because of his excessive lack of confidence and comunication skills, which is explained later on the episode why he has.
Apr 2017
Based on the premise alone I expected this to be the same as that anime with the sort girl with big tts whose title I already forgot. But I was wrong. This is so much better. Probably the show that hooked me the most with the first episode this season.
Apr 10, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
Damn, i was right ...

Good to see this is bringing out the pedophiles of this site for me to me to block and report.

This anime should not exist since it promotes pedophilia!

what? so any anime that has a relationship between teenagers promotes pedophilia? stop being offended over shallow stuff like this and leave.
Apr 10, 2021 11:29 AM
May 2020
the real teasing master
Apr 10, 2021 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Mirod_the_best said:
Based on the premise alone I expected this to be the same as that anime with the sort girl with big tts whose title I already forgot. But I was wrong. This is so much better. Probably the show that hooked me the most with the first episode this season.

It gets even better. I really hope we get a second season that covers up through the current manga arc. I feel like a lot of the people who are having a knee jerk negative reaction to the series will come around once they see how the main relationship develops and really benefits Senpai and Nagatoro.
Apr 10, 2021 11:30 AM
Feb 2019
This is great, the voice acting is perfect and the animation is good, the only problem is that now I want to be bullied by a high school girl.
Apr 10, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
FFS Among Us is now infiltrating anime.

Apr 10, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2020
YES, finally! I've been anticipating this adaptation for so long! Aw, Nagatoro is just so cute. Her voice actor definitely had a blast playing her. I got to feel for the Senpai though. Dealing with Nagatoro definitely isn't an easy task. Nagatoro's constant teasing is just so adorable. I can't wait to see the outrage on Twitter and, I can't wait to see more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2021 11:35 AM
Jun 2020
BromWalar said:
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around. I don't know, but this first episode rubbed be the wrong way and I really doubt that I will be able to finish this, because it will probably get worse... when she starts humiliating him in public and with friends, which I suspect.

you're overthinking it don't worry it just gets better. Things change a lot so you can continue watching it. This show's a really fun ride
Apr 10, 2021 11:36 AM
Nov 2019
the animation is definitely top tier but I still hated it . I hate that fake girls personality and I hated the guy for not standing up for himself . like come on being bullied to the extreme I would've probably send nagataro flying after the second time .

I really hope this is gonna get better or I will definitely drop this ! as of now this would be better in a hentai format lol

i dont know how anyone could've found this first episode funny , the only emotion I felt was rage and disgust

also you guys must all have some weird masochistic tendencies for loving this stuff so much .
Apr 10, 2021 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
I've been looking forward to this for months, now we wait for the inevitable shitstorm on Twitter. Solid first episode and man, there are some banger OPs this season already.
Apr 10, 2021 11:39 AM
Nov 2017
The main character is such a bitch it pisses me off. Safe to say this anime is not for me, worst anime out this season 100% do not recommend.
Apr 10, 2021 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
As expected from the trailer, I wouldn't like the 2 mcs. I'll stick around to see how they develop though. The humour and gags feels too predictable but I'll give it a 6/10 so far for the quality production.
Apr 10, 2021 11:41 AM
Nov 2019
error5000 said:
Idk how people can believe nagatoro is actually bullying him, when even compared to the manga the "bullying" was toned a lot down with the visuals and the music, which in my opinion fits the tone of the series very well.

If you actually pay attention to the episode, most of the stress senpai/paisen was under came just because of his excessive lack of confidence and comunication skills, which is explained later on the episode why he has.

what was she doing in your opinion ?

she straight out made our boy cry twice and she definitely didn't hold back or done anything nice to him .
even threw him in the little lake like come on . every normal guy would have slapped her multiple times for all that bs
Apr 10, 2021 11:42 AM
Nov 2019
M3R0 said:
The main character is such a bitch it pisses me off. Safe to say this anime is not for me, worst anime out this season 100% do not recommend.

feel the same way . still gonna give it a watch tho and see if it gets any better
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

131 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 28, 4:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.