Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2020
Damn seeing this get animated is so awesome. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 10, 2021 1:42 PM
Aug 2020
I'm happy for the manga readers, because this looks like a great adaptation. Sadly, this show doesn't seem like it's for me.
Apr 10, 2021 1:43 PM

Nov 2018
I got really impressed by this first episode. I wasn't expecting the OST and the animation to be so good, Yamashita Daiki really fits the Senpai's character as well.

Just like Kaguya-Sama, this has everything to be a well-done adaptation of the manga.

AMONGUS

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 10, 2021 1:54 PM
May 2019
It was pretty good the animation, colour, voice acting I like it. And I can tell you its going to be enjoyable I'm all caught up on the manga so I know.
Apr 10, 2021 1:57 PM
Jan 2018
Yh.... idk how to feel about this. i guess people who likes getting toyed with enjoy this? it was funny at first, but it just became increasingly uncomfortable to watch, especially the second time he cried. before you start calling me a snowflake lol, i have no problem with the anime i just don't see how people getting toyed with is entertaining. idk why this was compared to uzaki chan, they are quite different and i actually enjoyed that a lot, the manga anyways
Apr 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
Something tells me that this will be the controversial show of the Spring season, right? It's the vibe I'm getting after scrolling through the discussion thread so far.

Either way, I was impressed with the first episode. The production values were very good and I enjoyed the barrage of cute and psychotic facial expressions Nagatoro pulled out at her senpai as she teased the living daylights out of him.

Not just that, but I do like the VA's chosen to voice both characters. It's early days, but I think they've done a good job so far. =)

I do look forward to seeing more of Nagatoro's chaotic teasing next time. I won't deny, but she's pretty cute when she's acting kinky and crazy at her senpai. XD
Apr 10, 2021 2:06 PM

Mar 2019
this was irritating to watch tbh i don't like this kind of MC a weak a** simp also don't know why he's allowing this b**ch to bully him this much i don't like her i don't like her friends also she look like a loose girl and if it were me i would have smacked her fu**ing face in the floor long time ago don't care if she's a girl or a guy no one should accept this kind of treatment from anybody let alone a complete stranger first episode 4/10 that's me being very generous i'll give it a few more episodes before deciding whether i should drop it or not
Apr 10, 2021 2:10 PM

Dec 2018
I'm having way too much fun with how the helpless senpai is being bullied by his cute kouhai. The only thing I truly dread is how the transition towards romance will be handled, but I trust the man who made one of the best doujin series out there
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 10, 2021 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
This was a very chill watch. Color design is great. Animations are quite rich and voice acting adds a lot of value. Pacing is good, music has some interesting sound design in it.
Apr 10, 2021 2:26 PM
Feb 2019
Holy shit, this first episode has far exceeded my expectations, I generally don't have big ones for anime adaptations, but this one felt as if the manga came alive basically, the voices, the expressions, the small, but necessary details, the general theme of the OST, I was literally amazed in how much they succeeded to understand the manga, I can feel relieved that it's actually in good hands. I feel it'll most likely blow out any slice of life this season out of water if they keep this quality.
HunLeptoApr 10, 2021 2:33 PM
Apr 10, 2021 2:33 PM

Apr 2020
Better than I expected, will be watching it weekly
Apr 10, 2021 2:34 PM

Aug 2018
Not sure what I would enjoy more: a smug tanned anime girl with a skin fang making a bit fun with some guy each week or the comments about this anime on MyAnimeList.

Fun great start so far.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 10, 2021 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
LostSpectre said:
So, it's not bullying just because she isn't straight up evil?

Yes.

LostSpectre said:
Her behavior can easily be classified as bullying, she taunts and insults him and keeps pressing him when he is clearly anxious and in distress, up to the point where he starts crying, and then she emasculates him further by drying his tears with a handkerchief.

How fragile is masculinity that it can be taken away with a handkerchief?

Last I checked, drying someones tears and giving them a handkerchief is a nice thing to do. Jesus, the pretzels people got to fold themselves in to be offended by her actions, good grief.

Yeah he's got social anxiety, but he's ALSO clearly attracted to the girl and is into what she's doing. You'd have to be blind to not see him reciprocating what she's putting down. He explicitly says as much through words AND actions in the first episode. This isn't even subtext here.
Apr 10, 2021 2:46 PM
Aug 2017
Really liked this episode and seems like its going the be a great adaptation so far.
Apr 10, 2021 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
FMmatron said:
This was as amusing as expected. Just hope it won't grow stale.

I'd say this show, if going by the manga, is more of a slow burn to take off then getting greater later on. So if you already like it I don't see why it would get worse.

Again, without going into spoilers, the addition of a certain character in the co-star section tells me we'll get some rather great scenes down the line, as they'll be going quite far into the manga with some very juicy bits.
Apr 10, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2019
I read a little bit of the manga, and holy crap this is a good adaptation. Animation and pacing on point. Honestly kinda eh on the manga, but I’ll stick around for this one
Apr 10, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
BillyGGruff said:
LostSpectre said:
So, it's not bullying just because she isn't straight up evil?

Yes.
Oh, so I don't even have to bother responding to the rest of your nonsense, good to know.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 2021 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
LeonardoXD said:
this was irritating to watch tbh i don't like this kind of MC a weak a** simp also don't know why he's allowing this b**ch to bully him this much i don't like her i don't like her friends also she look like a loose girl and if it were me i would have smacked her fu**ing face in the floor long time ago don't care if she's a girl or a guy no one should accept this kind of treatment from anybody let alone a complete stranger first episode 4/10 that's me being very generous i'll give it a few more episodes before deciding whether i should drop it or not
No, you should just drop it, this is for people who have a fetish for a mean spirited waifu. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 2021 3:20 PM

Feb 2019
I wasn't expecting much, despite really liking the manga (I was setting myself up for disappointment :v), but I was pleasantly surprised by this first episode. The voice actress for Nagatoro fit my mental image of her so well, I loved it, it was the best part of the episode for me, listening to her blabber.

Even if it all goes downhill later, finally I found an adaptation of a work I have been keeping up with for a long time that didn't disappoint me from minute 1, for that alone it deserves props already.
Apr 10, 2021 3:26 PM

Aug 2019
already one of my favorite shows this season, also people said she was full on bullying him before this anime started airing so I was skeptical but this is classified as bullying? well regardless most people that dislike that stuff will probably drop this soon anyways
Apr 10, 2021 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
I’m certain this is made for masochists... prepare for normal people to hate it and kink shame the MC lol. I enjoyed the comedy. I hope it doesn’t become repetitive or full of annoying fanservice.
Apr 10, 2021 3:31 PM

Jan 2019
Was this supposed to be funny? I think that my ability to interpret cannot keep up with the genius of this work, I only managed to understand it as far as the protagonist is a coward and the girl is an asshole.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 10, 2021 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ppl might think this is hating but it’s definitely not. I just don’t like mc. He is kinda pathetic how he lets her bully him and at the end says he enjoys it( more like enjoying talking to her) but I feel like you shouldn’t feel like that for someone who bullies you. Maybe this is just not my stuff? But I wanted to at least watch the first episode and now I did

Apr 2017
This BLEW my expectations out of the water holy shit. The animation, the ambience, the voice acting, everything from episode 1 are stellar and great. Can't wait to see next episode.
Jul 2018
Ppl might think this is hating but it’s definitely not. I just don’t like mc. He is kinda pathetic how he lets her bully him and at the end says he enjoys it( more like enjoying talking to her) but I feel like you shouldn’t feel like that for someone who bullies you. Maybe this is just not my stuff? But I wanted to at least watch the first episode and now I did
Apr 10, 2021 3:34 PM
Nov 2019
First Ep. felt like - Uzaki-chan but with less likable main characters and more sadomasochism.

Comedy was OK in places, her behaviour would 100% be classed as bullying/victimisation so I expect the SJW's and simple-minded to be offended.

3/5 for this, I'll stick around just for the weekly MAL threads. At this rate by episode 3 the MC will be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Apr 10, 2021 3:35 PM
Nov 2018
This is straight up bullying and it's so wrong and for anyone trying to Justify this girl's actions you're justifying bullying. Hated every minute of the episode.
Apr 10, 2021 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
I think people will love Nagatoro over time especially since she is doing everything for a reason and not out of "love".

Xystus said:
This BLEW my expectations out of the water holy shit. The animation, the ambience, the voice acting, everything from episode 1 are stellar and great. Can't wait to see next episode.

Actually stole everything I said and this is coming from a Manga reader. I especially loved the Opening. I am curious what the ending is going to look and sound like.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 10, 2021 3:40 PM

Aug 2020
What a fun episode. That "kiss" scene always tricks me no matter how many times I have seen it, also the characters are a great fun.

When Naoto is sus

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
RebelPanda said:
I’m certain this is made for masochists... prepare for normal people to hate it and kink shame the MC lol. I enjoyed the comedy. I hope it doesn’t become repetitive or full of annoying fanservice.
The viewer is the one who would be kink-shamed in this scenario, the MC is just a doormat, not an actual masochist. No idea why fanservice would be a problem in a show that's just glorified fetish-bait, either.
Apr 10, 2021 3:45 PM
Aug 2020
I really liked the main guy of the show. I could relate to him a lot. But nagatoro did get kind of annoying sometimes with how many times she said senpai
Apr 10, 2021 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
That was amazing. The voice acting was spot on, and the music was fantastic. They made the scenes from the manga feel so much more intense. I am so excited that this adaptation is looking to make the source material even better. I am a huge fan of the manga so this was just perfect.
Apr 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly, this was hard to watch.
The low key bullying masked by her amused laughter was so cringe imo. The only person getting off out of those encounters was just Nagatoro. If this would be the narrative and only theme of this anime then I'll probably won't be able to watch beyond the 4th episode and drop it. I know most of you guys would find it worthwhile to continue watching so more power to you. At least with Uzaki and Tagaki they don't excessively harass their intended target to tears and laugh and belittle them for it. There are certain lines Uzaki and Tagaki didn't cross yet Nagatoro took pleasure repeatedly crossing it. I'm hopeful that some character development would kick in somewhere between episode 2 to 4 and some growth and progress would've occurred or else I'm out.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 10, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2018
yo forget toying with him, this girl was bullying him lmao

this whole episode all i could think about was the smithers crying in a corner surrounded by strippers
Apr 10, 2021 3:55 PM
Mar 2021
I found it pretty funny and it left me wanting more. Its pretty unique too
Apr 10, 2021 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
LostSpectre said:
RebelPanda said:
The viewer is the one who would be kink-shamed in this scenario, the MC is just a doormat, not an actual masochist. No idea why fanservice would be a problem in a show that's just glorified fetish-bait, either.
Because fanservice isn't a joke, it's just boobs and ass. If they try to replace the jokes with fanservice it'll get boring quickly. I guess if you watch it to satisfy your fetish you won't care about that lol.
Apr 10, 2021 4:30 PM
Mar 2021
I loved this first episode and it was everything that I wanted it to be

I really enjoy the banter between Nagatoro and Naoto, his background was a little sad though

I just hope that Nagatoro doesn't go overboard with her jokes/teasing and I hope that it doesn't get boring

Will definitely continue watching
Apr 10, 2021 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah this definitely reaffirmed my opinion that the start of this series is total ass, I dont recall when it actually started to improve but I imagine in 12 episodes the bits i start to like wont be covered much

Nagatoro is just too annoying/mean in the start and it the senpai just sitting there and taking it all was pretty dull, the series absolutly fixes both of those things later on and creates a really great character dynamic where they actually play off eachother, but for now this is mostly gonna be nagatoro being rude to a wall.

Lelouch0202 said:
Yeah, this might not be for me. Too much straight up bullying to be funny or amusing to me, especially when the MC clearly doesn't like it. Though judging from the end, am I supposed to believe he will secretly start to like being bullied?

Not particularly but spoiler tagged in case you give a shit if your not too turned off already.
JizzyHitlerApr 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 10, 2021 4:36 PM
Oct 2020
I can't wait for the next episode tbh. This show needs more recognition on MAL
Apr 10, 2021 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
Despite how I feel about the show, props to the quality of everything. It looks slick and sounds great overall. Especially the opening scenes looked amazing with the scenery.

Lelouch0202 said:
Yeah, this might not be for me. Too much straight up bullying to be funny or amusing to me, especially when the MC clearly doesn't like it. Though judging from the end, am I supposed to believe he will secretly start to like being bullied?

The reaction faces are good but I guess this is a show for the niche of people who can get off to it.

I second this, A lot of people praising it, but right now I just don't see the appeal in it at all. Didn't help that I was expecting similar things like Takagi, but that feels like innocent teasing now compared to the bullying showcased here.

Here's hoping that the "bullying" becomes teasing later on, cause if it stays the way it is, I don't think I can see all of it.
Apr 10, 2021 4:45 PM
Nov 2018
I seem to be the only one that had a dislike for Nagatoro in this 1st episode. I felt really bad for the main character, and I do hope Nagatoro becomes a better person. This anime might not be for me if I'm having the wrong mindset, but I guess I'll stick it to the end for now, and decide on a drop later.
Apr 10, 2021 4:54 PM
Aug 2020
Yup, this is exactly the horny teenage boy pandering garbage that I expected. A lot of people will definitely enjoy this but this just ain't for me
Apr 10, 2021 4:56 PM
Jan 2019
I don't hate it, but it made me feel soooo uncomfortable, and until now I cannot stand any character. neither of the two seem sympathetic to me at the moment.
Apr 10, 2021 4:57 PM
Jan 2021
Two piece, sus senpai. This is great, i like it.

Velv69t said:
IS ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE, "YOU'RE ACTING REALLY SUS SENPAI" LINE!! That was honestly the point where I gave the series a 10/10
LMAO FAX
Dec 2007
Really great start for the show. Beautifully animated and Nagatoro and Senpai come off just like how they did in the manga. It's a bit early but I hope it gets a season two. There's great character development in the manga, but 12 episodes won't get us to the really good stuff.

Jul 2020
the boy was a klutz and annoying for me although it's still fun to watch. I'll be looking forward to the next ep.
Apr 10, 2021 5:10 PM

Jan 2021
It's a 10/10 anime it does the manga respectively. Anyways loved the first episode cant wait to see more.
Perfect_usernameApr 10, 2021 6:07 PM
Apr 10, 2021 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
MoonDragon72 said:
Yup, this is exactly the horny teenage boy pandering garbage that I expected. A lot of people will definitely enjoy this but this just ain't for me
You forgot masochistic in there somewhere.
Apr 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
RebelPanda said:
LostSpectre said:
Because fanservice isn't a joke, it's just boobs and ass. If they try to replace the jokes with fanservice it'll get boring quickly. I guess if you watch it to satisfy your fetish you won't care about that lol.
Oh, well it won't be comedy fanservice, if that's all you were worried about.
Apr 10, 2021 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
penrhos said:
First Ep. felt like - Uzaki-chan but with less likable main characters and more sadomasochism.

Comedy was OK in places, her behaviour would 100% be classed as bullying/victimisation so I expect the SJW's and simple-minded to be offended.

3/5 for this, I'll stick around just for the weekly MAL threads. At this rate by episode 3 the MC will be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
I'll be genuinely shocked if the SJW's give a shit about this, considering it's a guy being bullied by a girl, and not the opposite.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

131 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 28, 4:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.