Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, it seems Vivy's fanbase is getting lower with recent events in the story.

Not going to lie, I think she looks kinda cute in her red uniform on that mission. And we get to meet Estella and some characters as well. The chemistry between her and Estella was noticable. I wonder if they can actually be good friends in this show.
Apr 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
Dang, are both insert songs nice to listen to the soothing effect, sad that they're not the OP or ED.

I'd feel the semblance of Diva and Violet Evergarden in regards to "feeling emotions of the heart".

The first 100-year journey timeskip of 15 years, and there're already promises that the future won't go as planned or depicted as the future had predicted. Wgatever the case, Matsumoto reeling in Diva to go "Back to the Future" and reverse the possible sequence of events before the human-AI war, it's not as easy as it looks.

I like how they're using the Archive Room as means to re-enact scenes that have already been passed in time, and how Matsumoto can convince Diva to change the future, albeit that she is still reluctant to perform unless she has some concrete evidence.

The starting point of seeing humans transported to space to a fully AI space hotel Sunrise occupied by good AI being caretakers amidst a serial killer AI that is Estella, that'a trait taken from Chaos;Child alright.

With how things are developing, that last scene HIT TREMENDOUSLY HARD with Estella and Leclerc getting the short end of the stick, and disaster is but an AI notion away.
KANLen09Apr 10, 2021 12:32 PM
Apr 10, 2021 8:02 AM
Nov 2010
A new incident to stop occurs 15 years later, and this time, Vivy is to stop an AI, who is the owner of a hotel, from destroying the hotel. This is just part 1, so part 2 is to come next week.
Apr 10, 2021 8:05 AM

May 2011
So 15 years past since the last ep and matsumoto is still an annoying cunt... I swear if the bear doesn't change I might as well drop this. :/
Apr 10, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
Ooof.

That ending was rough, beautiful in a way, but rough, next week is going to be fun for sure. Also the AI designs are just really cute.
Apr 10, 2021 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
This show if it doesn't go Wonder Egg quality wise by the end, might turn out to be a strong AOTS contender. I've been enjoying the visuals and directing, and the content itself a hell of a lot for sure. Very impressive episode again and very excited for the next one.
Apr 10, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2020
Estella really doesn't seem bad at all. But it seems being an AI makes acting a lot more easier.
Apr 10, 2021 9:54 AM
Sep 2020
After that ending I am so excited for next week
Apr 10, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
Man this show being criminally slept on. This was an absolutely beautiful episode. I’ve finally found out what this series reminds me of. Detroit:Become human and Nier.

It’s funny how the AI’s are more “human” than most humans I’ve seen. Vivvy and Estella’s heart to heart at the end was beautiful. The tonal shift at the end with the beautiful OST playing whilst Estella rips the girl’s head off.. fuck man. This could be a masterpiece . Can’t wait for next ep.
Apr 10, 2021 9:57 AM
Oct 2020
Wonder Egg Priority blew me away last season and if Vivy keeps up this momentum, it's gonna be another original anime crowned AOTS winner for me. The sheer quality, wow!
Apr 10, 2021 10:17 AM

Sep 2020
Animation in this anime is outstanding, so far I like every character except that dumbass teddy bear ,man that small packet speak so fast I want to kick his ass ,

Overall I really enjoyed this episode and vivy is my favourite character now
ZXEANApr 10, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 10, 2021 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
This is looking so good. And I love Matsumoto as much as I hate him. This show won't be the same without that talkative bear.
Apr 10, 2021 10:24 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite a nice song to start the ep with. The image of a teddy bear bathing though is quite the sight. Though they stopped one law another similar one got through huh. If anything the tourism industry is one that will rush to embrace the advantages that AI will bring to them. Seems Estella isn't trusted entirely by her staff. But space though sure looks pretty fun to be in. Overall a calm and slow ep that focused on introducing not only the changes to Vivi's mind but also on the new mission that she had been given. The space hotel though fascinating also introduces a new set of challenges to her in her quest to stop a disaster from taking place. Estella though is a pretty interesting character and im curious to see what happens next given her actions near the end of this ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2021 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Wait, was it her at the end or wasn't it her...? I'm confused
Apr 10, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2019
Last scene was phenomenal.. I'm digging the story and characters.. Better than most of the shows last season.
Apr 10, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
The way they implemented the OP in this episode was unique. I'm already in love.
Apr 10, 2021 10:50 AM
Apr 10, 2021 10:52 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
The time skip is a bit odd, wonder where they are going with the story. I really hope this doesn't fall apart mid way or in its last legs like most originals do.
Apr 10, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2020
animejas said:
This show if it doesn't go Wonder Egg quality wise by the end, might turn out to be a strong AOTS contender. I've been enjoying the visuals and directing, and the content itself a hell of a lot for sure. Very impressive episode again and very excited for the next one.

I mean WEP isn't finished it has another episode and I wouldn't say WEP ever dropped in quality IMO
Apr 10, 2021 11:10 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
We've jumped 15 years down the line of our 100 year journey.

The space hotel, Sunrise, seems really cool. It's a shame that Vivy is growing connections for Estella, if Estella is destined to cause Sunrise's destruction.

Apr 10, 2021 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
soccer6131 said:
animejas said:

I mean WEP isn't finished it has another episode and I wouldn't say WEP ever dropped in quality IMO

I know there's the finale left but the show lost me a few episodes before that 12th one, but that's just my opinion really.
Apr 10, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2019
Matsumoto is still funny as usual. And, Vivi is still cute as ever, I already love her so much. She's so beautiful for an AI. Also, Estella is quite beautiful herself. But, looks like she could be a problem in the future as an AI. Looks like everything's gonna get handled in the next episode.
Once again, an amazing episode for sure. Loved it.
Apr 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
Not bad. I had expected it to turn into a boring episodic story with them jumping through the years. But again we have a story that probably takes two episodes.

The anti-AI group seems to be still active. And while the time jumps make other chars less important ... she could still have contact to AIs that she met earlier. (They do not have bodies that die of old age.) + the girl that died in the plane crash had a sister.

Politician - as expected - was heavily motivated to do pro-AI laws ... because of Vivy. (When before he only was interested in getting votes.)

I wonder what happened at the end of this episode. I think it seemed obvious that Estralle liked the previous owner and the hotel. The other AI must have been jealous and using that thing she gave Estrella ... must have made Estrella violent. (Which started with her killing that other AI.) Also Vivi looking around for infos has got them to do this faster. There was someone else she talked to. But we did not see that person.
Apr 10, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
goddamn that ending. she really be like ima hug you.....not!
Apr 10, 2021 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
Bruh... What the hell was the cliffhanger? I hope Vivy to avoid the talk no jutsu with Estella, I just don't want to see it here.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 10, 2021 12:14 PM
Aug 2016
Absolutely loved this episode. OMG Wit is going crazy with all these visuals. And that ending OMG... Can't wait for the next episode!

5/5
Apr 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
A 15 year time jump, but that is for the best since we have to cover 100 years in 13 episodes. Estella seems like an interesting character with conflicting motives. Vivy will probably learn a lot about “heart” from her. I still am not the biggest fan of the character art style. It looks kinda cheap with the perpetual light spot on their cheeks. However, the close-ups on Vivy’s face look great.
Apr 10, 2021 12:16 PM

Apr 2018
A 15 year time skip, pretty smart from them.
Vivy's eyes are as beautiful as always. And now we got a yandere Estella.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 10, 2021 12:16 PM
Mar 2021
Honestly I hove not posted at episode 1 and 2 because it was to soon for me to judge. But now I think it's amazing.
At first I had mix feelings about it because I didn't know if it will end up more like a Hatsune Miku or a dystopian world. But now it's clear that Vivy wants to sing and Matsumoto wants to save the world. I like the world, like my favorite genre is science fiction and it's well done. The visuals in this anine are so pretty and now that we have listened to the songs I also like them. I really like Tanezaki Atsumi's voice (the one who voice Futaba Rio and Yoroizuka Mizore).Finally, the original creator is by Tappei Nagastuki who also did Re: Zero which I consider a masterpiece.
Apr 10, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2011
So Estella want to drop the space hotel for revenge, probably.
Momoka sister will be reason that Vivy will decide kill Estella probably.
Why Momoka sister is alive is because the parents are divorced probably.

Looking at the next episode preview, next arcs will be hard to Vivy, after all in 15 years looks like the standard AI are already on her level.
Apr 10, 2021 12:33 PM
Oct 2010
I can't help wondering if Matsumoto is lying to us. For one thing his personality is the absolute worst, which isn't endearing, and for another he seems oddly fixated on saving/killing specific people even though claiming that his creator had sent him back with instructions to leave it to her.

Most suspicious of all is just an anime trope. There's no way to prove that he is who he says he is, or that his purpose is what he claims, which leaves him the most likely villain of the plot.
Apr 10, 2021 12:38 PM

Mar 2017
The 15 year time skip may seem sudden since we're only 3 eps in but I actually think it's a great way of expressing how insubstantial 15 years is to an android - the time skip was so casual and unexpected because it's no big deal to Vivy & Matsumoto. It also serves to show just how quickly the human race can develop in such a short amount of time.

I'm really curious as to what the hell is going on with Estelle because she seems just as kind and caring as Vivy has perceived her but ripping the head off of Leclerc? Seems more like the AI that purposefully crashes the hotel into Earth as Matsumoto has analyzed!
Apr 10, 2021 1:03 PM

Nov 2015
animejas said:
soccer6131 said:

I know there's the finale left but the show lost me a few episodes before that 12th one, but that's just my opinion really.

I agree. WEP severely dropped in quality for me starting with the episode when the girls visited Neiru's place.

As for Vivy, great episode. I noticed a few times when the animation was a bit odd to me but overall a great anime. Not a huge fan of Matsumoto but I don't think he's the absolute worst.
Apr 10, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2018
The colony drop from Gundam? Those authors love sci-fi references.
Apr 10, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2018
Not going to lie, these visuals are out of this world! (Hah, something about Outer Space).

It was lovely to see Vivy singing the 'Opening' as a songstress, nicely done.
I was a little confused about the 15 years timeskip, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. She is here to avoid all the things that are related to the AI Incident and shouldn't interfere with things that aren't related as seen in Episode 2...
So... About that last song... time to search for a release date!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 10, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2010
Holy hell, this show is so much better than expected.
The only thing that strikes me as odd is the fact the annoying bear disregards the chance for a hack and doesn't even want to investigate it to stop the stuff from happening. How they explain this will determine how good this show really is.
My guess is that he covers something up again that she "doesn't need to know".
Apr 10, 2021 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but Matsumoto is basically just 343 Guilty Spark in terms of design, voice, speech, and a "must follow instructions by the book" attitude.
Apr 10, 2021 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
i swear that teddy bear annoys me everytime. he speaks so fast and so much that i'm going insane. this episode was decent but the animation was outstanding as always! looking forward to next weeks episode though
Apr 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad that I decided to watch it.

Btw, ED song was so beautiful.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 10, 2021 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
Damn why is this show so beautiful!! Vivy is beautiful!! These eyes are beautiful!!!!

A jump of 15 year ahead and the bear is back and still hasn't taken a chill pill. It still speaks so damn quick, but honestly I don't dislike him at all. He's still very sharp with his words though.

So we already headed into space, just to get that out of the way. Vivy infiltrating the space hotel staff and we get to see Estella and Leclerc. Investigations go smoothly until a defect in a door caused a bit of a panic. I mean these humans are in space after all, can't blame them. Estella singing that song as the credits roll was really beautifull, but holy shit how she beheaded Leclerc there at the end caught me off-guard, I thought she was gonna give a hug of appreciation, but damn. I really wanted to think Estella is actually innocent....

Also nice touch of Vivy meeting Momoka's little sister 15 years later...
Apr 10, 2021 2:36 PM

Sep 2019
Damn we just skipped 15 years like that, I guess these time skips are expected since the incident will occur in 100 years. The next episode's preview looks sick, there will be great fight scenes.
Apr 10, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 2019
I liked the previous episodes, found them solid storywise and really well-animated. But this one elevated the series for me. The clash between Matsumoto and Vivy was really interesting, both of them had reasonable motivations. Vivy's character is developing greatly as well, everything makes sense and is well tied up.
Also, loved how the songs didn't feel out of place at all, actually, I think they've helped to build the narrative a lot.

I'm expecting a great development for the next week!
Apr 10, 2021 3:20 PM

Aug 2018
Wonderful episode, and what an ending!
Apr 10, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2020
Another heat episode, Vivy with the drip lmao. Also the end made me even more hype for the next episodes with the estella ripping off the head of her friend like that and the preview had a lot of action in it.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 10, 2021 3:56 PM

Jun 2017
It was a great episode, that twist at the end was neat.

I find it hilarious that Matsumoto just fucked off for 15 years. Seems like that will be a reoccuring thing and he will just pop up during turning points. lol
Apr 10, 2021 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
I really think Estella It's mysterious it really was a very well-informed episode it's interesting.
Apr 10, 2021 5:15 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty nice song at the start. Like how it was basically the op

Apr 10, 2021 5:43 PM

Sep 2020
Space hotels, huh.
Beautiful, expensive and deadly, unless Vivy saves the day in the next episode.
Apr 10, 2021 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
another brilliant episode by WIT!
5/5.

Apr 10, 2021 6:23 PM

Jan 2010
I'm still enjoying this, but I feel like I need to temper my expectations the entire time, in case the anime turns into a total dumpster fire like WEP did. That's the thing with 1 cour anime originals. There always seems to be a 50/50 chance of whether they will stay good till the end or crash and burn. And when they are of the sc-fi genre, or something else really abstract, there is high potential for it to go bad quickly.

All these comments from r/anime of those being surprised Estella was actual evil. It seemed totally predictable to me that she would be evil in the end.

Looks like it'll take another episode to take her down, and I'm guessing as what happened in ep.2 the space hotel will still crash, since Vivy literally says in the PV that she's going to crash the space hotel. But it'll happen slightly differently to still change the timeline the "right" way. The terrorists come back too I see. Wonder if they will try to stop Estella or side with her. Because if she gets her way, it would sow discord among humans and AI which is what the terrorists want
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.