Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty interesting start, not only for its unique 2D/3D art but also the way it managed to introduce its cast. There's quite a bit of characters and storytelling even for the first episode so there's the feeling of rush.

However, I find the episode entertaining with the colorful cast. Neku and Shiki had my attention the most so far from this episode. Shiki is actually fun to watch for her personality. It's also quite a visual action fest for the battle scenes.
Apr 9, 2021 10:04 AM
Apr 2018
PSA for Anime Only people on the Seasonal Grind Subarashiki Kono Sekai is based on the cult classic Square Enix RPG The World Ends With You released on Nintendo DS/Nintendo Switch/IOS/Android
With a Sequel coming this Summer. Hopefully the anime isnt rushed, but if you are even remotely interested in this show, please check out the Games. We've waited 13 odd years for an Anime and a Sequel and we finally have it so please give this and the games a chance! Thanks.

Btw the soundtrack to the video game is absolutely fire so please take a listen on YouTube. TWEWY is a super underrated series that deserves so much more attention than it gets
TG-GolemApr 9, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 9, 2021 10:12 AM
Dec 2020
I don't see it available on Funimation yet :(. I've been looking forward to this for so long! I'm so excited. I love love LOVE the game. My favorite game of all time.
Apr 9, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 2018
Jessbuzzard said:
I don't see it available on Funimation yet :(. I've been looking forward to this for so long! I'm so excited. I love love LOVE the game. My favorite game of all time.

It'll be up on Funimation within the hour
Apr 9, 2021 10:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Surprisingly, quite good! They definitely nailed the aesthetic and style of the game. The music was pretty on-point too. It’s clear that the staff behind this anime knows what works well for a TWEWY anime.

The action animation is also pretty impressive. It’s almost all completely CG, and you can definitely tell that the Noise are CG models. What impresses me the most is the fact that Neku was actually a CG model for the majority of the action scenes, yet it’s hard to tell most of the time. Studio domerica is very good in making their CG anime create the illusion of a 2D anime. Their work with the Persona 3 and 5 Dancing OPs are proof of that. And impressive camera work too! It makes the fights a lot more dynamic.

I also really liked how they flashed the symbols of the pins that Neku used! It’s great fanservice to the fans, but also makes sure that Neku’s physical prowess is solely coming from the pins he uses. Even climbing stuff and something as simple as swiping the enemy is pin-based. I'm also glad that Beat and Rhyme are given more of a presence in these days, than they did in the original game.

The pacing is okay so far. They did cram three days in the first episode, which is a quite a lot. However, it was kinda tutorial material in the game, so it would make sense to burn through this part as fast as they can. What worries me is that the preview suggests that they’re going up-to Day 6 in the next episode, which is way too fast. Plus the episode's called "Shiki", so... yeah. I was kinda hoping that Day 6 would’ve been its own episode, or would at least get more than half-an-episode.

This does lead me to believe that they’re gonna try to adapt the main game in 9-10 episodes, and use the last 2-3 episodes to adapt A New Day… which is the last thing I wanna see. The main game end’s perfectly, and A New Day was just sequel-bait. Not to mention, an adaptation of the main game can barely manage with 12-13 episodes, but anything less and it’ll feel rushed. Here’s to hoping that they use their 12-13 episodes wisely!

Anyways, I’m still excited for this anime! TWEWY was a game I played almost 13 years ago and absolutely loved it, and to see it not only get an anime, but a sequel, is pretty blessed. Regardless of how the anime turns out, I hope it's good it's a good promotion for the original game and its sequel.

Also, bummer about the OP. It's cool to hear Calling again and all, but it's a song I've heard way too many times by now. I was hoping to hear something new, and ALI's song sounded amazing from the previews. Well, I'm curious to see how the actual OP footage will sync with Calling.

Preview for the next episode, btw: https://twitter.com/TWEWY_PR/status/1380564915669278722
Probably going up to Day 6.
GoldenDevilGamerApr 9, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2020
I only played the DS game and I thought it was amazing.

Now for the anime... It's really rushed as it's expected since you can't get all of the content in just a season.

Neku is an asshole for way longer in the game and in here he is already opening up.
I loved the use of the OSTs from the game and the artstyle couldn't be better but I was a bit disappointed with how short the fights are.

Waiting for the best character of the game. People who played know who I am talking about xD.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting premise, I really like the character designs, they look cool but the cg monsters looked funny so couldn't take them seriously. Both Shiki and Neku are interesting characters, like em both and their power seems pretty cool too.

A lot of stuff happened in one episode and it kinda didn't feel like a premise. It did tell us about the setting of the show but I feel like they should have slowed the pacing and kept this episode a bit tamer than this.

I did like this episode, so looking forward to more.
Apr 9, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this is a pretty good start alright, coming from a DS game that was made almost 15 years ago, and recently playing the Nintendo Switch Remaster version, this show practically nails the game's aesthetics to a T with mostly domerica doing all game-like artwork (other than Shin-Ei Animation doing everything else). As game players would have you know, they're cramming lots of content into a 12/13-episode season.

Too bad they had to replace ALI's OP with something else generic (Calling) at the very last minute, that's a shame.

This episode literally feels like playing the tutorial and introductory stages, while getting to know (or see) most characters from the game itself, that's always a good thing to set up the story and plot for the anime adaptation.

At least for central leads Neku-Shiki and Beat-Rhyme, they're about the same as I'd expect from the game, and all those fresh feelings of watching a game come alive in anime form, this is the best game adaptation we will definitely have this season.

Definitely exceeding my expectations, so don't wander off the pacing track!
Apr 9, 2021 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
It feels like I back in 2006 all over again. I really enjoyed it. Captured the games style perfectly.

inb4 "ThE cGi Is bAd" posts.

Apr 9, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Beat, Minamimoto, 777, and his assistant are my favorite boys already! Though I've to prepare myself for the worst that World Ends is basically Kingdom Hearts minus fanservice.
Apr 9, 2021 11:20 AM
Apr 2017
Seems quite fast paced, but I like it. The artstyle and animation in particular are amazing. Feels very fresh.
Apr 9, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
thats the power of 3DCG and that is lots of camera movements on action scenes

so Neku is your typical main character with amnesia eh and i do not like his selfish attitude already

Shiki is very friendly and sociable on the other hand though
Apr 9, 2021 11:26 AM

May 2011
didn't expected it to be this good ! But I feel it was really rushed compare to the game or maybe because I was taking my time when I played it ? xD
Apr 9, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2016
So we didn't get Neku's monologue thing in the beginning which is kind of disappointing to me because i felt that really sets neku's character from the get go. And made him less anti social and opening up faster. Lame.

8 minutes in and we're at Day 2? Jesus...and they're keep waking up at Shibuya Crossing too wtf.

Day 3 was supposed to start in the dark concert hall wtf is even this adaptation?

At this rate Shiki is not even gonna get any development might as well delete this off my list or something.
Apr 9, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Glordit said:
It feels like I back in 2006 all over again. I really enjoyed it. Captured the games style perfectly.

inb4 "ThE cGi Is bAd" posts.

To be fair, the CGI models for the noise are rather jarring and seem out of place in the art style, but I am perfectly fine with the CGI models for the characters. I mean sure, the noise CGI is nowhere near Ex Arm levels of terrible, but I feel that the noise CGI could have been executed better.
Apr 9, 2021 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Damn man seems unreal that in 2021 we’re getting a world ends with you anime. First episode was great. The art and visuals are top notch as you’d expect from this adaptation, I think they did a great job of capturing the essence of the game. I hope they continue doing a good job like this. Obviously there’s going to be some rushed stuff since it’s a game adaptation, but if they can keep the story flowing cohesively, that’s all that matters.
Apr 9, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2019
It wasn’t awful, but it was still bad.

A very rushed pacing. Poor world-building. Almost no characterization. A lot of action and the dynamic “camera movement” helps, but the animation is bad and the CGI is ugly as hell. The music was also very late 2000s early 2010s.

I can almost guarantee this will be a drop.
Apr 9, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
Beat I love u 🥺🥺

Hopefully the pacing slows down later on. They can get away with it now because of how the first few days go. I’m just so happy that I can see everyone again :’)
Apr 9, 2021 11:57 AM
Dec 2014
played both DS and mobile versions of the game, I think this is pretty decent adaption of the original game, just... the pacing was insanely fast...(are they trying to wrap everything up within 12-13 episodes..??) and skipped or changed some details from game and... the fights were kinda underwhelming too but lets just.. wait and see.. for now..
Apr 9, 2021 12:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Such a mysterious plot and universe, same for the characters, but I really like that art style to be honest, and it's actually entertaining and interesting.
It makes me want to play to the original game, and I think that I'll do that as soon as possible, the DS version seems to be the best choice.
But on the other hand I feel like I'll be disappointed about the anime after playing the game, the pacing seems to be really fast xD
Apr 9, 2021 12:21 PM
Dec 2014
Ashhk said:
Such a mysterious plot and universe, same for the characters, but I really like that art style to be honest, and it's actually entertaining and interesting.
It makes me want to play to the original game, and I think that I'll do that as soon as possible, the DS version seems to be the best choice.
But on the other hand I feel like I'll be disappointed about the anime after playing the game, the pacing seems to be really fast xD
for case youre really going to play the Original game: actually the android version has better graphics and some new osts too..(also, DS version will be really hard if youre not going to play on DS since you need to pay attention to both screens while the mobile version dont have too...)
Apr 9, 2021 12:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
theENTER said:
Ashhk said:
actually the android version has better graphics and some new osts too..(also, DS version will be really hard if youre not going to play on DS since you need to pay attention to both screens while the mobile version dont have too...)
Don't worry I'm a big NDS fan so I'm used to this console, but thanks for the information, I didn't know that, I'll try to play both versions then, the Switch one should be good too I suppose
Apr 9, 2021 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
wayyyyyyyyyy too rushed.
Apr 9, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2020
I'm definitely going to enjoy this.
Apr 9, 2021 12:34 PM
Apr 2020
I'm quite surprised I thought this would be a meh anime but it's imo the same level of fun as jjk, the fights are fun and look amazing, characters are interesting (besides out mc he's one bland mf), and the story seems promising.

The pace is a bit of a problem (a bit too fast) but beyond that this show so far is great
Apr 9, 2021 12:34 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
I've never played the game, but this show seems decently interesting.

The pacing was fast af though, so much shit happened in the first episode.

The characters haven't really grown on me yet, despite the amount of events this episode. However, it was still just the first episode, even if it was fast-paced.
Apr 9, 2021 12:38 PM
Aug 2013
I'm a superfan of TWEWY. I hold the speedrun world record time for the DS version of the game. I have very mixed feelings about the first episode:

• I appreciated that they didn't cut out any major plot points from the game at first. But then I realized that by doing so, this show is going to end up a completely rushed mess. They should've known that there isn't enough time for a straight-up adaptation and adjusted accordingly. If Shiki's week can only have 3 episodes, I would've covered days 1 and 2 for ep1, and day 4 and half of day 6 for ep2. Then for ep3, finish off day 6, then have a quick montage of side quests that were skipped, then defeat the GM.
  • The episode should've stopped at the end of day 2, the point where Neku put Shiki in a chokehold. This would've been a great cliffhanger for those who haven't played the game. Day 3 (the 777 mission) ultimately doesn't mean much in the big picture and should've been cut. Just go straight to day 4 where

• Neku didn't come across as rude to Shiki. In the game, this is necessary to build up the tension. Everything progressed so fast that the chokehold scene and the subsequent reconciliation felt emotionless and empty. In the game, it was much more impactful.
  • I felt that the animators prioritized on making the battles look cool, rather than presenting the battles as a desperate life-or-death situation. At no time did it feel as though the main characters were in danger. Sure, an unnamed person disappeared before Neku and Shiki made the pact, but that didn't really showcase the gravity of the situation.

I think the show looks great. But TWEWY needs the emotional impact to go with the visuals. Because everything is going at warp speed, the emotion is sorely lacking. Neku's initial "outta my face" monologue to start the game set the tone for his initial outlook on life, and that was cut from the anime.

Unfortunately, I think the rest of the show will be like this. The show will be lucky to get a >7.00 score.
Apr 9, 2021 12:44 PM

Feb 2018
things were kinda rushed sadly, but the atmosphere is really good with the game soundtracks, characters CG animations during the fight is good too but you can't say that for the noises, they really feel fake and out of a psp game
Apr 9, 2021 12:49 PM

Feb 2018
Blue_Maroon said:

A very rushed pacing. Poor world-building. Almost no characterization. A lot of action and the dynamic “camera movement” helps, but the animation is bad and the CGI is ugly as hell. The music was also very late 2000s early 2010s.

The game is from 2007 ofc the music feels like it's late 2000s, i understand why it can be off-putting but you can't really count that as a flaw
Apr 9, 2021 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed it as a fan of the game but I just cannot imagine anyone outside of that is going to enjoy this, alot of characterization isnt carrying over cause we dont have neku's internal monologues or the little dialogue exchanges over random stuff between characters. Neku does also come off way less assholish than he really should and I'm very concerned about even shiki's personality since she just seems fairly upbeat in general when I always felt like the charm point for the game shiki is that shes noticeable awkward just trying to be upbeat to contrast neku's pesimism. Also don't like that she didnt glance at her phone even once.

The pacing was just absurdly fast and I realized watching it the thing that might doom this anime, I was initially thinking, oh yeah the first 3 days are like literally all just turotials and the amount of actual plot content probably is roughly around the length of an ep. So maybe they will slow it down with the more story heavy stuff later on, only to start realziing, wait they are gonna be adapting the final remix story stuff arent they? doing 12/13 episode adaption at a decent to maybe even good pace of the game is totally doable but adding in that final remix stuff its gonna be a total mess and probably retain this exact pacing of

I dunno I will enjoy this as a fan, cause I like seeing how they translated alot of game mechanics and the way pins are used is neat, but I am so sure that this series is gonna do absolutely nothing for other people and probably end up being a bit of a waste of money, its obvious this is an advertisement for the 2nd game but I believe they wanted to bring in new fans.
JizzyHitlerApr 9, 2021 12:56 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2017
I get the feeling that those that already played the game wont be able to stomach much of this show; the show itself is decent, a bit rushed but not bad, but when you already played the game it feels bad, to me my biggest gripe is the 3DCG, why the heck use it other than saving money? the game already has this beatiful 2D style, you don't need to replace it with above average 3D.

I'll give it a couple more episodes but I think I'm gonna drop it, guess this is how those that already played persona 5 felt when we got the show we ended up with.
Apr 9, 2021 12:56 PM
Jun 2020
I'm just upset that Neku isn't more of an asshole.
Apr 9, 2021 1:09 PM

Jun 2019
Eponine_Kraken said:
Blue_Maroon said:

The game is from 2007 ofc the music feels like it's late 2000s, i understand why it can be off-putting but you can't really count that as a flaw

Yeah I probably shouldn’t have added that part because it made it appear on-par with the other things I was critcizing. It wasn’t really something that I would hold against this anime as compared to the other things I listed.
Apr 9, 2021 1:29 PM

Sep 2019
The story is interesting. I really liked the directing at fight scenes even though the cg was off putting. Game adaptations are rushed and suck 99% of the time so I hope this one will break the curse.
Apr 9, 2021 1:35 PM

May 2018
Either I had too much caffeine, either this story is not my cup of tea (pun intended)...even the voice of her majesty Satomi Arai-sama can't keep me on board.
alshuApr 9, 2021 1:40 PM
Apr 9, 2021 1:35 PM

Oct 2016
Clearly rushed.

That being said, episode 1 did catch my attention and got me interested to watch more, so it did its job.
Apr 9, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2017
I've never played video games but having heard it thanks to my sister, I'm not at all disappointed with the first episode, for now! I really like the 2D/CGI mix!

On the other hand, it is a bit rushed with three days in one episode.
Apr 9, 2021 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
Masterful blend of CGI and 2D animation indeed.

Besides that, i don't find anything else that stands out from this, i never really played the games so i don't really have any kind of expectation, the plot seems like just another run of the mill death game with some music gimmicks here and there, and hey, why not give MC amnesia as well... meh.

Will give it 1 or 2 more episodes before dropping it, probably.
Apr 9, 2021 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
Blue_Maroon said:
Eponine_Kraken said:

Yeah I probably shouldn’t have added that part because it made it appear on-par with the other things I was critcizing. It wasn’t really something that I would hold against this anime as compared to the other things I listed.
Idk what he's talking about. Saying the music has aged poorly is valid criticism. Everything else you said is true. The CGI is pretty bad, even though it's at least colorful. The fights were animated with like 5 frames per second and it looked like a janky video game. Never played the original but it seems like it'd be more fun to play than to watch.
Apr 9, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2020
Very rushed episode, the first 3 days in the first episode, why?! I watched this episode originally at the Shinbuya event on March 13th, which was a blast. Though I love the art style and I loved the original game so I'll be continuing to watch this show.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 9, 2021 2:08 PM
Dec 2014
Terranort230 said:
I'm just upset that Neku isn't more of an asshole.
though same thing.. also, they even skipped the first Dialog of Neku which tells what he thinks about other people... how disappointing... (I mean his character development is one of most important thing of this game's story too...)
Apr 9, 2021 2:14 PM

Mar 2020
The art style is pretty unique and the soundtrack is pretty good.

That said, the anime is so rushed, and the characters are so generic that it's almost laughable.

Neku is literally just your "Yeah I'm the silent cool type" character with no depth whatsoever.
Shiki is the "I'm the talking loud type" character with only being social as the character trait.

But while I like Shiki, Neku is such a shitty character meant to appeal to emo/edgy 13 year olds who think being antisocial is cool, like Ayanokouji but worse. Also mf is wearing headphones not connected to anything lmfao.
Apr 9, 2021 2:18 PM
Dec 2020
I'm nervous about pacing. I watched with a friend who has NOT played the game and he had so many questions due to them already being done with Day 3. (I refused to answer questions)

I'm worried this could become a rushed mess if the pacing stays the same when we get to more important & impactful Days/events.

Overall though, I loved it. However I have a very biased opinion because I love the game so much. It was so nostalgic. I loved that they kept some of the same music from the game too!
Apr 9, 2021 2:43 PM
Sep 2019
I really liked it! While it does feel a bit rushed, as others have pointed out, I remember the first week, especially the first few days, of the game going by really quickly. Take out the battles and it makes sense why it felt so quick. Don't worry though, the pace get better as further on. And to the people saying the CG is bad, seriously come on. The characters CG looked great, and the Noises' CG works really well because it makes it feel uncanny, like they're not a part of that world. Also the artstyle translated really beautifully. Anyways I have high hopes and it seems like it could end up being one of the better video game adaptations.
Apr 9, 2021 2:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Luxeraph said:
I get the feeling that those that already played the game wont be able to stomach much of this show; the show itself is decent, a bit rushed but not bad, but when you already played the game it feels bad, to me my biggest gripe is the 3DCG, why the heck use it other than saving money? the game already has this beatiful 2D style, you don't need to replace it with above average 3D.

I'll give it a couple more episodes but I think I'm gonna drop it, guess this is how those that already played persona 5 felt when we got the show we ended up with.
It's less to do with saving money and more to do with getting the anime done in time. The character designs are simply too complicated to animate in 2D for action scenes, especially with a TV anime production schedule. The thick outline of the characters kinda requires the character designs to stay detailed in movement. What a lot of action anime tend to do is simplify the linework of a characters to animate them more fluidly. But the character designs in TWEWY prevents that from happening. In order to animate the action scenes without losing character consistency or not making it look like a slideshow, they opted for 3DCG. And it seems like the anime's making the most out of its CG by using a dynamic camera for action scenes.
Apr 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Feb 2021
The CGI burned my eyes
Fax:
-My english is bad
-I`m very curious
-Peruvians must die
Apr 9, 2021 3:01 PM
Aug 2019
It was fine??
It ain't bad but i'm worried that it's going to rush through everything. We are already on day 3 of the game, and what should've been an important moment like Neku choking Shiki, had no build up and is treated as if nothing happened the moment after.

Neku is specially worrying because in this episode, they cut his internal monologues, plus he seems way less agressive here. Both traits are very important to understand him as a character.
I worry that he may come as bland to someone that hasn't played the game. Same goes for the rest of the cast. Tho they they may get better as the show goes along.

Other than that, the presentation looks cool and pretty faithful to the game. They did a solid job at adapting the visuals. I love how it the cgi is used in the battles with the main characters (The noise creatures look kinda weird tho).
As someone that was sceptical of the style when it was announced (TWEWY has one of my favorite artstyles in general), i'm quite pleased.

Hope they go for a more character focused adaptation if they are only going to do 13 episodes. Otherwise, I think this adaptation will be mediocre promotion for the franchise at best.
Apr 9, 2021 3:24 PM
Mar 2013
pacing seems very fast
the aesthetic is perfect asides from the cgi on noises
love the music too
Apr 9, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2019
RebelPanda said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Idk what he's talking about. Saying the music has aged poorly is valid criticism. Everything else you said is true. The CGI is pretty bad, even though it's at least colorful. The fights were animated with like 5 frames per second and it looked like a janky video game. Never played the original but it seems like it'd be more fun to play than to watch.

While it has aged poorly, I’m not going to be too harsh on it because it can be seen as a form of homage to the game and the time period that it comes from. It isn’t better for it, but I can at least understand the thought process behind it which lessens my criticism somewhat.
Apr 9, 2021 4:01 PM

Apr 2008
Other than being a bit rushed and Neku not being more of a dick, it’s looking pretty good so far.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2021

58 by REVA0000 »»
Jan 18, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

29 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

34 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » CALLING

TrishaCat - Jul 3, 2020

21 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jan 23, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

27 by Rob »»
Oct 4, 2022 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.