Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2021 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
I am looking at the reviews for this show and top reviews are all "fUcKinG OP chArAcTeR!1!!1!11" bullshit.

What is up with these pretentious edge lords? It is like Cannes festival out there. I see reviews saying how the "fights are devoid of tension" like it is a bad thing. Lmao, old folks like me cannot feel anything but cringe from your beloved fights with stakes and tension. OP characters are much much more interesting than your usual barely adequate heroes. I gave up on anime battles after watching Bleach 6 years ago. Miss me with that shit. I am glad bullshit OP characters are much more popular than they were 10 years ago despite kids hating on them for not being another generic "battle shonen" with generic useless and dense MC. OPM, Slime, Bofuri etc. are all hundreds of times better than you run off the mill mediocre shows.
His weakness is a kind heart that doesn't match with a killer.
His strength is the strength to live on bearing the pain of the sorrowful heart worse than death.
Apr 9, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2015
sk8erbyern said:
I am looking at the reviews for this show and top reviews are all "fUcKinG OP chArAcTeR!1!!1!11" bullshit.

What is up with these pretentious edge lords? It is like Cannes festival out there. I see reviews saying how the "fights are devoid of tension" like it is a bad thing. Lmao, old folks like me cannot feel anything but cringe from your beloved fights with stakes and tension. OP characters are much much more interesting than your usual barely adequate heroes. I gave up on anime battles after watching Bleach 6 years ago. Miss me with that shit. I am glad bullshit OP characters are much more popular than they were 10 years ago despite kids hating on them for not being another generic "battle shonen" with generic useless and dense MC. OPM, Slime, Bofuri etc. are all hundreds of times better than you run off the mill mediocre shows.

^ I too prefer an OP MC over a weak one...
Apr 9, 2021 9:30 AM
Sep 2020
Yus Chad anos is the best male character in power fantasy history
Apr 9, 2021 9:38 AM
Apr 2019
Yeah man some people are just retarted idiots. I really think that this is just a really really good anime and the ones who complain haven’t seen any/much anime.
Apr 9, 2021 9:43 AM
Nov 2020
The MC saves the show wym. It's the entire side cast that drags this show down to mediocrity
Apr 9, 2021 10:03 AM
Oct 2020
The Mc is doing standup the whole season and people can’t appreciate it
Apr 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2018
sk8erbyern said:

Nah dude there are logical reasons for people to prefer good writing.

Op character take no skill to write and people just want to see some good writing

Once you have seen 4-5 op character they start being the same.

It's just wish fulfilment. Just a power fantasy. Wich is okay when that's what you are looking for but it's hardly more interesting then actually creative writing.
Apr 9, 2021 10:28 AM
May 2019
There's basically no story, all the characters are really annoying, there's only girls another harem shitty anime, if its gonna try and be a slice of life make it fun or at least do anything than just be op, the mc is a smug know it all, most of the characters don't really have a personality all the girls basically like him so that's literally all you get from the girls
Apr 9, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 2019
dk man this shit got boring real fast ,it was just poor in every way except the mc he was kinda fun to watch but i never took him seriously it almost felt like parody show
Apr 9, 2021 11:09 AM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
The whole point of the show is that hes so fucking ridiculously op that it's just comedic, it's not supposed to be tense. I GUARANTEE you they don't look at OPM the same way, it's the exact same concept. MC is ridiculously op nothing can stop him.
Apr 9, 2021 11:55 AM
Mar 2021
Who gives a shit to those damn haters, anos is the demon king of chadness, also he breaks all fundamental laws of everything
Apr 9, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2020
It’s not bad but it’s not ridiculously good either. Personally I’ve watched my fair share of op mc’s and this pretty much is the standard, one guy is op girls flock to him, he pretends to be oblivious, saves the world from ending etc etc. The redeeming feature in this one is for sure the comedy with how overpowered Anos is and the stupid ways he uses his powers but by no means is it on the same level as Saiki-k nor OPM in terms of enjoyment for me. Both of those have an op mc but circumvent the main character by using the other characters showing their struggles and their hardships and then using the main characters as comedic relief which makes them a whole lot more enjoyable. They also have a relatively unique place in the op mc world and that’s what you need to do to stand out in the sea of harem op mc anime’s out there that provide little to no substance, one which unfortunately this anime does come under but it’s at the top of ratings in that package since it was succinct in story telling and wasn’t hiding behind layers of CONTENT(ecchi elements) not having stupid characters or tonnes of plot armour. Long story short, this anime does not deserve a 2/10 nor does it deserve a 10/10 since it wasn’t exactly revolutionary but covered it’s bases well. At least that’s my two cents on it.
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 9, 2021 2:11 PM
Oct 2017
waaaaaa im gonna cry cuz people have different opinions than me waaaaaaa

stfu please
Apr 9, 2021 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
Better written characters >>>>>>> Badass and good looking characters.
Apr 9, 2021 3:49 PM
Jan 2018
Don’t get me wrong this is a trash show with overused fantasy tropes and cliche main character however very likeable story, clean animation sort of reminds me of when I was starting trading
Apr 9, 2021 4:45 PM
Apr 2021
I think the main issue people have with the anime is the protagonist just being born overpowered and not working to be strong. That and it’s probably something they’ve seen too many times before.
Apr 9, 2021 4:56 PM
Jan 2021
sk8erbyern said:

yeah lmao the re/zero fights were shit cause subaru is fucking weak.
Apr 9, 2021 5:41 PM
Mar 2021
Some people don't seem to understand anos is OP on purpose and the show is partially a satire similar to one punch man. People complaining probably have the same problems with Saitama
Apr 9, 2021 5:47 PM
Jun 2014
I was rocking with it until towards the ending. Very anti-climactic with the hero. I'll rewatche to make sure.
Apr 9, 2021 8:17 PM
May 2019
Man this show is conventionally and logically generic and trash, but I love it more than half of the anime ever out there, I love it so much and I don’t care what anyone says, just enjoy it mane
Apr 9, 2021 11:38 PM

Nov 2020
Well, I never say no to an op MC...
But, watching a weak MC develope is also quite enjoyable...
But, if the MC is literally dense, dumb or useless then there's no point in watching that anime...
Apr 9, 2021 11:49 PM
Apr 2021
Its not a bad anime at all its like overlord but it has its own charm op mc sometimes doesn't look good but don't you guys fed up with those bullshit like friendship,love like that to power up mc its good but its used so many times that its boring now.
Apr 10, 2021 1:26 AM
Nov 2020
Shows where the gimmick is that the main character is OP needs to be creative with the use of this OP power so it doesnt get boring. First 4 episodes were solid in this regard because the idea of killing and reviving someone to force submission is creative. The idea of throwing a castle is creative. But it gets typical after a while, an example is when he fights his friend with a stick. There isnt any creativity in just "haha lol look how powerful i am". If the show maintained its creative use of anos' power, id have given it a 7 or a 8, but it didnt so it fell off for me
Apr 10, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
I realize this show is stereotypical, but stereotypical doesn’t have to mean poor quality. I thought this show did a good job with the stereotypical. See my review for more details: http://anteikuanimereviews.com/2021/01/15/the-misfit-of-demon-king-academy/

Someone in here said it’s easy to write a story when the MC is OP. If you mean it makes for convenient moments where the MC can solve every problem he or she encounters, I agree that is a possibility all such tales are subject to. But I disagree that it’s easy to write for all such characters. In fact, if the author attempts to avoid that convenience factor, writing for such a character can be remarkably difficult.
Anteiku Anime Reviews
anteikuanimereviews.com
Apr 10, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2020
sk8erbyern said:

tbh imo, they can be interesting as long as there's some sort of development, e.g. mental/emotional,but in this case... HE'S JUST A BADASS.
Apr 10, 2021 9:25 AM
Jun 2020
I gave it a 10. It's right up my alley
Apr 10, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 2020
[quote=CuteAssTiger message=62704871]
sk8erbyern said:

Nah dude there are logical reasons for people to prefer good writing.

Op character take no skill to write and people just want to see some good writing

Once you have seen 4-5 op character they start being the same.

It's just wish fulfilment. Just a power fantasy. Wich is okay when that's what you are looking for but it's hardly more interesting then actually creative writing.[/quote/]
You're right . I prefer both actually depending on my mood. But shouldn't people just avoid such shows if they don't like op MCs . I mean you can get what the show is about once you read the synopsis.
Apr 10, 2021 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
1st its too fast paced.
2nd background characters is just there.
3rd it would be good if this was a 2 cour season.
4th the MC is cool and powerful but that's it. No deep explanation where he came from. (It was explained in the animation but wasn't what I expecting)
5th short background stories whether its MC or supporting characters.
6th supporting characters too little screentime.
7th not much development or growth after acquiring the twins.
8th not much world building
9th has potential but meh
CrazyButNot4UApr 10, 2021 12:53 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 11, 2021 3:26 AM
Nov 2020
I do get where the hate comes from, it being typical op mc anime like isekai maou to shokan shoujo majutsu or isekai to smartphone tomo ni or kenja no mago, but I would say most people just love jumping on the hate train. OP Main character animes are everywhere and they can be quite stereotypical in some points, but this show to me was a 7/10 (at least a 6) because even if it wasnt the best shounen out there, and even if it felt quite boring, it still had a valid storyline and valid characters and neglecting all that to rate it a 2/10 not because you didnt enjoy it, but because you want to jump on a hate train is quite dumb. I would say anyone to rate the show how they feel they enjoyed it. Dont rate a show because its "stereotypical" or because "the mc is garbage" rate a show because of how far it touched your heart and how good it made you feel as well ad its overall enjoyability
Apr 15, 2021 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
Joseph_Joestaar said:
There's basically no story, all the characters are really annoying, there's only girls another harem shitty anime, if its gonna try and be a slice of life make it fun or at least do anything than just be op, the mc is a smug know it all, most of the characters don't really have a personality all the girls basically like him so that's literally all you get from the girls
And I wonder why people watch anime like this just to hate. There's a story, and it's slowly unraveling as we learn more about what happened in the 2000 years gap.

There were some really cringy moments but this is what you get for watching shows like this one.. it's not rocket science. People who like it will like it, but people who don't like it.. why even watch? What do you expect, coming into a show like this one?

This is why MAL is one of the shittiest anime forum because of these haters who watch these kind of show, just to come in and hate. Every single new season, they watch shows they already know would not be good, just so they could tell the world they don't like it.

This is exactly the type of show I expect when I started watching it, in fact it's much better than what it usually supposed to be. I wonder, what kind of series did you guys expect to watch when you first started the series?

sk8erbyern said:

Straight fax. I love both OP and weak protagonist but nowadays there's really no story that's doing weak protagonist justice anymore like they did History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, with the exception of World Trigger and Darwin's Game in my recent memory.
ToG25thBaamApr 15, 2021 10:05 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 16, 2021 6:33 AM
May 2019
ToG25thBaam said:
Joseph_Joestaar said:
And I wonder why people watch anime like this just to hate. There's a story, and it's slowly unraveling as we learn more about what happened in the 2000 years gap.

There were some really cringy moments but this is what you get for watching shows like this one.. it's not rocket science. People who like it will like it, but people who don't like it.. why even watch? What do you expect, coming into a show like this one?

This is why MAL is one of the shittiest anime forum because of these haters who watch these kind of show, just to come in and hate. Every single new season, they watch shows they already know would not be good, just so they could tell the world they don't like it.

This is exactly the type of show I expect when I started watching it, in fact it's much better than what it usually supposed to be. I wonder, what kind of series did you guys expect to watch when you first started the series?

sk8erbyern said:

Straight fax. I love both OP and weak protagonist but nowadays there's really no story that's doing weak protagonist justice anymore like they did History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, with the exception of World Trigger and Darwin's Game in my recent memory.
bruh im just stating my opinion to this guy who's bitching about people rating it a 2/10 just giving him an example why the show would be a 2/10 and most of all yeah theres a bit of story but its litrally almost absent
Apr 16, 2021 7:38 AM

Jun 2011
Joseph_Joestaar said:
bruh im just stating my opinion to this guy who's bitching about people rating it a 2/10 just giving him an example why the show would be a 2/10 and most of all yeah theres a bit of story but its litrally almost absent
and im trying to figure out why would people watch a series like this when they knew they wouldn't like the harem, op protagonist.. hell, do I even need an explanation when this is MAL? Prolly not.

I have no idea what are you talking about, the story is almost absent??? That's like saying HxH has no story because it's just some kids going from one place to another, or Clannad After Story has no story because it's just a tearjerker, or that Mushishi has no story because it looks dull, and quiet, and slow. You may have your own opinion on the series but trying to claim it has no story.. lmao it has more than the usual which is why I've enjoyed it, or else it would've just been a cringe fest. Not sure what were you expecting, an AOT scale story telling?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 17, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2015
There's literally zero character development and the whole anime is just so laughable, so many bs thrown around and it reminds me of Darling in the FranXX actually. "You think the enemy of Anos is Hero Kanon? but it's actually me, Jerga!" bs that is similar to DitF's "klaxosaur and here comes the alien" bs
Apr 17, 2021 6:41 AM

May 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Joseph_Joestaar said:
and im trying to figure out why would people watch a series like this when they knew they wouldn't like the harem, op protagonist.. hell, do I even need an explanation when this is MAL? Prolly not.

I have no idea what are you talking about, the story is almost absent??? That's like saying HxH has no story because it's just some kids going from one place to another, or Clannad After Story has no story because it's just a tearjerker, or that Mushishi has no story because it looks dull, and quiet, and slow. You may have your own opinion on the series but trying to claim it has no story.. lmao it has more than the usual which is why I've enjoyed it, or else it would've just been a cringe fest. Not sure what were you expecting, an AOT scale story telling?

I came to watch this anime expecting the OP MC to be like Mahouka Koukou which I unironically enjoyed, but everything about Maou Gakuin is just straight up inferior compared to Mahouka Koukou. You don't know how much I laughed in the last 4-5 episodes at just how worse it gets. I mean if you enjoy watching this anime then good for you I guess, at the end of the day the reason people consume media is to get entertained. But some people are more strict about their quality review, no need to try and change someone's opinion about some anime. Anime taste is subjective and there's no need to bash anyone for enjoying something that you find as garbage and vice versa
HollowLive_VOIDApr 17, 2021 6:49 AM
Apr 17, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2015
Oh yeah for those of you who brings One Punch Man to this discussion, the difference between OPM and this anime is so humongous. World building, character development, the fact that side characters felt so alive and not just some random NPCs who worship the MC as a God. OPM is made straight up for comedy and giggles, and it absolutely delivers on that target. While Maou Gakuin... I don't know what's this anime target really is. Maybe showcasing at just how Overpowered our Demon King Anos Voldigoad really is and how we should worship and lick his ass?

Speaking of characters, the fact that the villains in Maou Gakuin is made like a hollow-ass characters is just so frustrating. The best example would be Jerga, how the fuck does this guy become the true villain that tries to shatter the bromance between Demon King Anos and Hero Kanon? And why the fuck should he betrayed Kanon by killing him? (Okay that one bit about bromance is me being sarcastic and I just can't stop explaining how bad this anime is without being sarcastic.) It just doesn't make any sense, this guy got a fucking huge pride and straight up rejects the peaceful world that Kanon and Anos tried to make 2000 years ago. Shows the true colors of humans huh, more demon than the demon race themselves. There are a lot of characters like this in the anime, but they're so forgettable that I don't even bother to mention who they are one by one. Because at the end of the day, our Demon King Anos will take care of every single one of them quite effortlessly because he's a God whom we should worship.

Again, this is me just venting my frustration about how bad this anime is and I'm not one bit bashing any of you who enjoys it. That holds true for everyone who made reviews about anything actually, the reason they are making those reviews is to describe how their experience about something and sharing it to the masses to assess and discuss together, while some of you blatantly calls it as 'hatred' when they give a low rating. Actually the one who are quite toxic and aggressive are fandoms tbh, they don't even bother seeing something from a different perspective and got stuck by their own tunnel vision. Imagine it like this, someone make a review about a product but they find that product to be disappointing and they don't recommend people to buy it. Then some of you who actually like the product because it's quite useful to you comes, and what did you do? you attack said person who don't recommend the product by calling them 'hating on the product' instead of sharing your own experience about that product and why it's useful to you.

I never got any attachment to any series whatsoever, if people rated my favorite animes as trash and garbage... so what? It's their own opinion and our experience of watching some shows would be obviously different, no need to be overly aggressive by defending why your favorite anime is great and why people must have the same opinion as you, and call those who don't enjoy it and rate it as trash as "a pretentious edge lord"
HollowLive_VOIDApr 17, 2021 8:24 AM
Apr 19, 2021 9:14 PM
Oct 2020
Wtf u mean this show is absolute mess, nothing in this anime is good this anime is as bad as boruto . even boruto is a litttle bit decent than this abomination . so score above 4 is a crime is an insult to god
Apr 19, 2021 9:15 PM

Jan 2020
People have different opinions. Don't worry about anyone

Apr 19, 2021 9:15 PM
Oct 2020
Wtf u mean this show is absolute mess, nothing in this anime is good this anime is as bad as boruto . even boruto is a litttle bit decent than this abomination . so score above 4 is a crime is an insult to god
Apr 21, 2021 4:55 PM
Dec 2015
It was rushed from start to finish, but was enterteining enough for me until episode 6-8. Then it becomes incredibly cringeworthy and really bad.

Also, I didn't understand that Code Geass ending put in the middle of the last episode for no reason at all. Such a disrespect really.
Apr 21, 2021 5:02 PM

Feb 2020
So is it u first time, where u have seen top review of a anime being with low scores?

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 24, 2021 3:18 AM

May 2015
Alioune said:
It was rushed from start to finish, but was enterteining enough for me until episode 6-8. Then it becomes incredibly cringeworthy and really bad.

Also, I didn't understand that Code Geass ending put in the middle of the last episode for no reason at all. Such a disrespect really.

LMAO yeah, how could I forgot about the Zero Requiem 2 : Electric Boogaloo there
May 15, 2021 2:53 AM
May 2021
See what happened is that the massive trash goblin known as RebelPanda wrote a review. Now all the simps come out of the woodwork thinking they're big brained. Problem is RebelPanda is a massive pussy with a brain the size of HollowLive's balls.

Now if you know anything about HollowLive you'd know that their balls have been described as a sort of micro-galaxy by physicists. They're densely packed full of life in such a teeny tiny confined space. This "life" as they call it will never be released and frankly is not observable by the human eye nor any of our current high powered microscopes. One day we hope to locate their sack but sadly not today.

We should all really be donating to the "pseudo-intellectual fucks" foundation. Maybe then we will one day locate their theoretical shaft.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

278 by Frank_Striker »»
Feb 22, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.