Forum Settings
Forums

WIT Studio continues to do more original anime after they drop Attack on Titan so thoughts on that?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: WIT Studio continues to do more original anime after they drop Attack on Titan so thoughts on that?

Apr 7, 7:10 PM
so title says it all, i find that great since i prefer original anime more, how about you?

after Attack on Titan they did original anime like Great Pretender, Vivy and now this https://twitter.com/osama_ranking/status/1379932002648944643

EDIT:

my bad Osama Ranking is an anime adaptation not an original anime, they will do an original anime this year though called Vampire in the Garden
Modified by deg, Apr 7, 9:17 PM

Apr 7, 7:13 PM

I wish they did both :( Attack on titan is still good though no hate

Apr 7, 7:14 PM

Um who cares? That’s what an anime studio does. Wit doesn’t owe anything to aot. I can’t wait for the new ones since aots animation was so good.
Modified by Kaliyahscake, Apr 7, 7:19 PM

Apr 7, 7:16 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

While it's nice to have a studio do amazing adaptations for any given series, at some point, I will eventually prefer said studio to branch off and create something original.

So in the case of WIT Studio it makes me glad that they've been doing more originals.

Apr 7, 7:18 PM

manga readers finding their way onto this thread to shit on AOT and praise Wit for dropping it.

I have to say, let Wit go on their own grind lol. They are doing fine with stuff like Great Pretender and now Vivy.

Apr 7, 7:19 PM

Its a good thing they dropped attack on titan. Their studio would have gotten bankrupt if they animated that dog shit final arc and ending.

Mappa, I hope they survive
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka

Apr 7, 7:23 PM

I don't really care much. They are free to do whatever they want

Apr 7, 7:27 PM

My opinion is that it doesn't matter at all in the long term.

Apr 7, 7:29 PM

Good on WIT for starting more original Anime, but I absolutely cannot forgive them for dropping Seraph of the End. Overall though, I think its cool, since they're one of my favorite anime studios out there.

Apr 7, 7:30 PM

We should just let them do whatever they want
FACT: GABI IS THE BEST AOT CHARACTER

Apr 7, 7:32 PM

I don’t even want to think about Attack on Titan after reading chapter 139, but personally I’m already really enjoying their new project Vivy so I wouldn’t mind seeing more original stuff from them

Apr 7, 7:35 PM
aot is dead to me. aot is dead to me. aot is dead to me.

Apr 7, 7:35 PM

I don't know what to say, they're a great studio. Just continue making anime, I guess.

キミを すくうためなら, オレはなんどでも死ぬ

Apr 7, 7:42 PM

Honestly though, Wit Studio is becoming more like what Madhouse once was in the early 2010s when AOT started dishing out pristine quality left and right.

So for them to take a step back from AOT is a good thing, let Wit Studio flesh out more than just be known as the AOT studio.

Apr 7, 7:53 PM
Pro Shonen Dork

Honestly would prefer them to do already established series because I can only imagine what Wada puts writers through let alone animators.
What a beautiful Duwang

Apr 7, 8:12 PM

dont think it rly matters but yeah i think its great. thats what anime studios Are supposed to do other than adapting stuff from other medias lol

Apr 7, 8:18 PM

WIT dodged a bullet by dropping AoT, with how entitled the fans are.

Apr 7, 8:20 PM
I don’t care who does the anime as long as it gets me money.

Apr 7, 8:22 PM
Ye i like them doing originals but pls let them do Vinland Season 2

Apr 7, 8:22 PM

I don't really care, if they make something interesting enough to draw me in I'll watch it

Apr 7, 8:28 PM

I think that now they have more time to work on their original projects because Attack on Titan sure took a toll on them.

Apr 7, 8:32 PM

I’m absolutely in love with the direction WIT is taking. Taking on far stranger projects with unique and varied visual styles? Sign me the heck up, I’ll follow them

also u know osama ranking isnt original right, its a web manga

Apr 7, 8:38 PM
They are also contributing with aot with Mappa. I'm pretty sure. I think. Maybe.

Apr 7, 8:40 PM
MoonDragon72 said:

True, but Gabi is still very annoying.

Apr 7, 8:40 PM

That is a manga adaptation dude. The only WIT original remaining this year, for now, is "vampire in the garden".

Apr 7, 8:42 PM

I wish they continue Vinland Saga, I didn't watch Vivy yet but Great Pretender is lit.
"Humans are slave of their desires"
-Askeladd, Vinland Saga

In case if everyone didn't know (looks like most didn't know yet) WEP ends in June

Fate series watching order : UBW>Zero>HF

Apr 7, 8:44 PM
So what even if they want to do more originals i don't see a problem there

Apr 7, 9:06 PM

xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
MoonDragon72 said:

shhh!! Keep it low or else Gabi stans will start calling you child hater and insensitive

Apr 7, 9:18 PM
beargolfer said:

also u know osama ranking isnt original right, its a web manga

Mario_Isla said:
That is a manga adaptation dude. The only WIT original remaining this year, for now, is "vampire in the garden".

my bad Osama Ranking is an anime adaptation not an original anime

Apr 7, 9:21 PM

Original anime is much better. There's no manga readers spoiling.

And also WIT Studio should try another kind of theme. They did a good decision avoiding AOT s4, otherwise it could be the fall of them.
Modified by Playay, Apr 7, 9:26 PM
I fear no man.
But that thing,

it scares me.

Apr 7, 9:44 PM

As long as we get Vinland Saga season 2.

Apr 7, 9:50 PM

Props to them. They ain't making shit off SNK lol.

Apr 7, 9:53 PM

its a studio thats what studios do. who said that they signed some contract where they were only supposed to work and talk about AOT

Apr 7, 10:11 PM

>studio is called WIT
>they actually have wit

Damn.

Apr 7, 10:17 PM

lajz said:
Its a good thing they dropped attack on titan. Their studio would have gotten bankrupt if they animated that dog shit final arc and ending.

Mappa, I hope they survive

Why wouldn't MAPPA survive? They are a big studio.

Apr 7, 10:31 PM

i wouldve liked if they did the final season of aot but their originals are still really high quality so its okay either way.

this wouldn't be a problem if mappa had done a better job though...

Apr 7, 10:47 PM

Original anime in a land full of isekais are an interesting idea and a breath of fresh air.
I got my values, so you can keep yours

Apr 7, 10:59 PM
Laughing Man

WIT is one of the best studios in recent times, so I'm just looking forward to their new projects, original or not. That said, I can't completely be happy they dropped it like some users here because of the excellent job they did on it.

Apr 7, 11:02 PM
I don't mind. But hopefully they didn't drop Vinland Saga as they did great job adapting it.

Apr 7, 11:03 PM
I just want them to make an anime original with clever dialogue just so I can bring out the shitty "Oh that's Witty" jokes.

Apr 7, 11:05 PM

they can do whatever they want as a studio

Apr 8, 12:43 AM

Good for them, I like original anime. If this means no manga publishers to worry about that's even better. The great pretender was awesome and I'm realy excited to meet my next favorite android girl. Also now that I've read the last issue of attack on titan I think it was a pretty based choice to focus on other things.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Apr 8, 2:21 AM

Thing is I am not a Wit fan...I hated a lot of their shows...but lately they are making stuff which is more up to my alley.
For example Vinland Saga, Great Pretender and Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song. Those are at least watchable.

Apr 8, 6:03 AM

I mean I get to keep watching AOT and get amazing original anime by Wit studio? Yeah I'll take that any day.

I loved Great Pretender, and I loved the first 2 episodes of Vivy. So fuck yes Wit dropping AOT was a great idea.
For the not really opening week of Spring Season 2021 I choose Takemichi Hanagaki from Tokyo Revengers for my character of the week.

Nope, I actually didn't forget. The problem is I had trouble deciding. Takemichi didn't have an incredible mindblowing week, but everyone else didn't stand out. Not only that, but his ending scene for episoded 2 of Tokyo Revengers was badass. Usually when shounens would do that in the second episode I'd find it cringey. But this gave me chills.

If you have another character that you think would fit better, PM me. Next signature wont be so long, I promise lol.

Apr 8, 6:10 AM

Hope that they make it better = No hate they did a great job

𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵

Apr 8, 6:13 AM

I think they dodged a bullet by dropping aot. I’m happy if they continue Vinland Saga, they also did The Great Pretender and that was great too.

Apr 8, 6:17 AM

i dont mind they are doing good with what they are doing i just hope they dont drop vinland saga

Apr 8, 6:19 AM
they saved themselves by not animating the garbage that is the last arc of aot, im happy for them, good studio
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown

Apr 8, 6:21 AM
69withRem said:
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:

shhh!! Keep it low or else Gabi stans will start calling you child hater and insensitive

Lol, my bad bro. I'll make sure to keep quiet. _______

Apr 8, 6:21 AM

I really hope they make a second season to Vinland Saga...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »