Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2021 7:07 PM
Oct 2018
How are people still saying "the alliance won" or "EREN WOULDN'T LOSE TO THESE PEOPLE". Eren literally won. Everything he did he did for a reason and those reasons came through. Did any of you actually read the manga? If you'd actually paid attention, you'd know that saying Eren won is actually wrong as well, because he wasn't fighting against the alliance. He never wanted to destroy the entire world. He didn't want to massacrate 80% of people, he was NEVER happy about it. This has been obvious since the beginning, he was never striving to kill everyone, or, in your words, WIN. Goddamn, I hate when people say "You just don't understand it, it's a masterpiece!!!" but you fucking people literally don't understand anything
Apr 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Jun 2020
I can write an even better ending than this and it would be still terrible. lol
Apr 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
AmadeusK525 said:
How are people still saying "the alliance won" or "EREN WOULDN'T LOSE TO THESE PEOPLE". Eren literally won. Everything he did he did for a reason and those reasons came through. Did any of you actually read the manga? If you'd actually paid attention, you'd know that saying Eren won is actually wrong as well, because he wasn't fighting against the alliance. He never wanted to destroy the entire world. He didn't want to massacrate 80% of people, he was NEVER happy about it. This has been obvious since the beginning, he was never striving to kill everyone, or, in your words, WIN. Goddamn, I hate when people say "You just don't understand it, it's a masterpiece!!!" but you fucking people literally don't understand anything
Eren won? He never had a will of his own, he followed what Ymir wanted him to do. Ymir won, and she dipped with Hallu-chan without saying a single word.
Apr 7, 2021 7:12 PM

Dec 2020
I was really gonna rate it a 10/10 if the ending was just decent, but this is too bad for the max rating, it just doesn't deserve it.

In any case most of the story is still a masterpiece, and i'm just glad it went downhill only near the end. I'll consider the manga to have ended at ch. 123, plus 130 + 131.
Apr 7, 2021 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
Very mixed feelings for this ending. The entire point of the rumbling was just so Ymir could witness Mikasa killing Eren? Really? That's the reason why Titans has stopped existing?

Apr 7, 2021 7:14 PM
Oct 2018
KneelBeforeMe said:
AmadeusK525 said:
Eren won? He never had a will of his own, he followed what Ymir wanted him to do. Ymir won, and she dipped with Hallu-chan without saying a single word.

If you'd read further you would've seen that I state that saying Eren won is, in fact, wrong.
Apr 7, 2021 7:16 PM
Nov 2014
hayzi said:
UnattractiveGuy said:
eren really did loved mikasa from that translation leak pages haha, em canon ?

everyone has happy ending besides eren, he apparently reincarnated into a bird ? need to wait for official release first.
yeah its a fuckfest lmao, i'm gonna wait for official release myself. crazy we have the entire chapter leaked, but still no chapter title even tho that's usually the first thing to get leaked
looks like aaron yogurt was actually the real eren yeager hahaha, yeagerbomb and yeagerists is on ruin lol. isayama really made the fans hurt lmao.

Jan 2021
oh man I hated the ending, time to send death threats to isayama :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

the ending was pretty bad honestly

Jun 2020
This should become a meme:

Seriously, this is the funniest shit I have seen in my life.
Apr 7, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, not at all happy with that ending. The longest running manga I've read, waiting every month for a chapter and that's how it ends.

I kinda predicted what would happen back when Eren fought Armin and was being an a-hole to mikasa. Still believed he was the one who got Historia pregnant too and I was expecting to see her side of the story when meeting with eren before they all left for marley.
vong10Apr 7, 2021 7:21 PM
Apr 7, 2021 7:18 PM
Apr 2016
i can't believe this. eren is a character i worshipped so much for the last couple of years, only turned into a cuck simpcel in the end for no absolutely fucking reason. isayama really wasted years of people's life just like that. 8 years for this. its mind blowing
Apr 7, 2021 7:19 PM

Apr 2017
I didn't really expect answers with the sudden Ymir disappearance or the worm either, but I figured everything else could still get wrapped up neatly. So much for that.

This is sort of a letdown, but I won't call it a bad ending at all, simply because it's been going downhill for a while. Downhill and uphill but overall down, from my perspective.
Apr 7, 2021 7:21 PM

Apr 2013
G_Excel said:
This should become a meme:

Seriously, this is the funniest shit I have seen in my life.
To me that’s what make the chapter worse than what it actually is. While there’s plenty panels that I dislike, nothing is as bad as the dialogue Isayama wrote in this chapter. Straight up fanfic’d.
Apr 7, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2020
tsuchizen said:
i can't believe this. eren is a character i worshipped so much for the last couple of years, only turned into a cuck simpcel in the end for no absolutely fucking reason. isayama really wasted years of people's life just like that. 8 years for this. its mind blowing

Absolutely fucking Basedsayama!
Apr 7, 2021 7:23 PM

Dec 2010
end of a era right here. Really confusing maybe cause the fansub wasn't the best but i thought 80% human's got wiped, so other nations still live
Apr 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Apr 2020
I'm happy it ended and that's all... I don't even know how to rate this manga after this ending, Jesus.

Now... let's imagine a world where season 4 part 2 takes an original route. Send your prayers.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 7, 2021 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
a bitter sweet ending. til the next work he does.
Apr 7, 2021 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
Welp that was bad, very bad..
Apr 7, 2021 7:29 PM
Apr 2021
Actual Shit, I hate hacksayama.
Apr 7, 2021 7:29 PM

Apr 2019
I don't really know what to say but I want to post so.....wow....

Apr 7, 2021 7:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT

oh wait, this IS the snyder cut. DAAMMMIITTTTTT

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 7, 2021 7:33 PM
Jul 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
The Rumbling arc and specifically the last stretch of chapters bring the overall score of the manga down to 8/10 for me.

But this chapter is really testing my love for ch1-123/ch130-131... I really want to slap a 7/10 rating instead for one of the shittiest ending delivered by Isayama. Bittersweet? Nah bruh, I feel assaulted.

Removed from favorites, only thing left from this story on my profile is Chad Erwin. He died early enough to not have his character assassinated by Isayama.

I swear to god, if isayama left erwin living, we would have a wayyyy better NAH goated ending in aot. This shit sucks
Apr 7, 2021 7:34 PM

Nov 2018
Beautiful. Thank you Isayama. I followed this for seven years, I grew up with this and went out in an amazing way.

Goodbye Connie.
Goodbye Sasha.
Goodbye Jean.
Goodbye Levi.
Goodbye Reiner.
Goodbye Pieck.
Goodbye Annie.
Goodbye Falco.
Goodbye Gabi. (GABI GAAAAANNNNNNG).
Goodbye Armin.
Goodbye Mikasa.

And also you, thanks and goodnight to you Eren. Farewell.

Thank you Hajime Isayama.
Apr 7, 2021 7:36 PM

Oct 2019
honestly was pretty fine w/ the ending bcuz it was expected to me, i knew that the story was probably gonna go this route.
It did feel rush, and some things were questionable/confusing, and the dialogue was pretty bleh, but perhaps the officials translations will be better. But some of yall are really overreacting lmao.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Apr 7, 2021 7:37 PM

Oct 2017
One of the shittest end in the history of anime/mangas. Ffs I didn't waste all this years for this shit Isayama.
Apr 7, 2021 7:37 PM
Sep 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Very mixed feelings for this ending. The entire point of the rumbling was just so Ymir could witness Mikasa killing Eren? Really? That's the reason why Titans has stopped existing?

Not at all. Ymir's desire was fulfilled to end the titan powers. It was only part of Eren's plan. The other part was to create a hero (title of the chapter when Armin fought the colossal titan) or a "new Hellos", by bringing a lot of destruction to the world and then making Armin and the others eldians saviors.
Apr 7, 2021 7:39 PM

Dec 2013
What a waste of time of an ending lol, I'm glad I only got into the series like 1-2 years ago I would be fucking pissed off otherwise.
Apr 7, 2021 7:40 PM
Jul 2020
Honestly, I loved the ending. It ain't like the second coming of Jesus Christ, but it's not as bad as people making it out to be. I kept my expectations low, maybe that's why I'm fine with it. If ya'll have high expectations, I can understand because this is AOT we are talking about, one of the greatest stories ever written.

I'm not going to overlook the bad side of AOT, yeah it is not perfect. The execution could've been better, But all in all, I am pretty satisfied.

a semi-good ending.
Apr 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2017
Lovlis said:
honestly was pretty fine w/ the ending bcuz it was expected to me, i knew that the story was probably gonna go this route.
It did feel rush, and some things were questionable/confusing, and the dialogue was pretty bleh, but perhaps the officials translations will be better. But some of yall are really overreacting lmao.

I felt a bit better reading a different TL of it. There is some good with in it, the overall execution of this arc was not great though imo. I expect it will be more enjoyable for everyone once animated, though; I enjoyed S4's Marley arc much more than the manga.

There won't be any escaping the plotholes or weird change in Eren though. Hopefully Eren will make more sense retrospectively
Apr 7, 2021 7:43 PM
Apr 2020
Yaggamy said:
Chapter 140:
The whole world invades Paradis Island so they won't be a threat in the future. And they can't even defend themselves because Eren wasted the Titan shifting powers for no reason...
At least Reiner survived, the only person who didn't want to...

Oof that Reiner comment got me good
Apr 7, 2021 7:44 PM

Dec 2014
This manga must have the worse ending of the year
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 7, 2021 7:45 PM

Dec 2020
The epidome of "so bad it's horrible." One of the worst endings ever, that being; one of the most hilarious ones as well.
[center][center]
Apr 7, 2021 7:45 PM

Apr 2017
Yaggamy said:
Chapter 140:
The whole world invades Paradis Island so they won't be a threat in the future. And they can't even defend themselves because Eren wasted the Titan shifting powers for no reason...
At least Reiner survived, the only person who didn't want to...

Marley invaded ahead of the rest of the world due to Reiner's pushing, it wasn't all the world's military iirc
Apr 7, 2021 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
This chapter was so bad, that its hilarious
Apr 7, 2021 7:47 PM

Oct 2019
iSpade said:
Lovlis said:

I felt a bit better reading a different TL of it. There is some good with in it, the overall execution of this arc was not great though imo. I expect it will be more enjoyable for everyone once animated, though; I enjoyed S4's Marley arc much more than the manga.

There won't be any escaping the plotholes or weird change in Eren though. Hopefully Eren will make more sense retrospectively

I agree the ending and final arc was underwhelming and a little contrived esp compared to the rest of the story. It didn't leave with a bang, but i honestly can't rlly imagine one that would. In anime it probably will be much more exciting.

But i don't understand why so many think eren's character was ruined? is it bcuz i'm one of the few who didn't see eren as a messiah determined to gain freedom but as an actual human being? Some dialogue was weird, perhaps there were some small contradictions, but other than that idk.
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

Mar 2019
holy shit wtf was that eren became a goat mc to a literal idiot

Aug 2019
Four years of waiting, four years of hype, happiness, excitement.... And for it to end like this?

God I literally CANNOT wrap my head around how this series, one of my all time favorite series, is ending. I refuse to believe it.

This isn't even depressing anymore, I just feel empty....
Apr 7, 2021 7:48 PM

Feb 2014
Wow. An end to an era. I liked the ending. I need to go back and reread Eren’s intentions, but it seemed to me he was going that everyone would band together to stop him. At the same time he felt he had no choice to do what he did because of Ymir’s influence. It felt like he was trapped and was waiting for someone to end him. Very interesting....

But outside of that, I loved how the state of the world was. There’s no clear indication that there will be peace, but there’s hope that Armin and the gang will save the world from another war by telling their story. It’s bittersweet and I love that they are trying to push forward and take the opportunity that Eren gave them.

Overall this manga was a masterpiece. It was fantastic from start to end and the developments in the story and characters were some of the best I’ve seen. Easily my favorite manga ever.
Apr 7, 2021 7:51 PM

Apr 2017
Lovlis said:
iSpade said:

I agree the ending and final arc was underwhelming and a little contrived esp compared to the rest of the story. It didn't leave with a bang, but i honestly can't rlly imagine one that would. In anime it probably will be much more exciting.

But i don't understand why so many think eren's character was ruined? is it bcuz i'm one of the few who didn't see eren as a messiah determined to gain freedom but as an actual human being? Some dialogue was weird, perhaps there were some small contradictions, but other than that idk.

The last Eren pov chapter proved he was human. There's a difference between having contradictions in a character- flaws; and basically retconning your character twice in one arc with the path flashbacks. Once is enough, now it feels beyond inconsistent to me. He was in love with Mikasa all along but also demonically obsessed with freedom to the point of fascism all along. If he so in love with her all this time, why didn't he do anything? The idea that he didn't cause he wanted the lelouch ending only applies post chapter 90
Apr 7, 2021 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
Lovlis said:
“It felt rushed, it was confusing, the dialogue was bleh, but you guys are overreacting.”

Those are your own words. Does that sound like a positive outlook on the final chapter of aot?
Apr 7, 2021 7:52 PM

Jul 2010
I mean Isayama stated he wants to see people suffer...
And dumb me thought it was because he's going to kill off all their favourite characters. Boy was I wrong.
I suffer. Very, very much. And I am not alone in my suffering.

Never was that mad since DomeKano. At least DomeKano was garbage from the very beggining and it just turned into complete trainwreck that was even funny in some ways, but AoT gone from mediocre to great to masterpiece to... this. THIS is how you finish the story of such scales. Like some sort of cheesy fairy tail trash with no consequences for the majority of characters whatsoever and pulling out Lelouch 2.0. Btw what ever happened to the centipede? Doesn't matter? Okay.

The ending is the most important part of the story because this is what people will remember the best, and what should we remember exactly?... Bird symbolism shoved down our throats for dozen of chapters? That Love is, ummm, great?? I dunno about that one buddy, Mikasa keeps hugging head and talking to Eren after killing him... it's giving me School Days vibes. This is not romantic, this is creepy and cringe. Keep believeing in people? Looking at the modern world, I don't share this optimism. World is an awful place, and AoT is just there saying: "Hey but if... if you KILL 80 % of all people, maybe world is going to be okay? Hmmmmm??"

Thanks Isayama, very cool. Dissapointed/10, not even sure how I should read the manga in general...
Apr 7, 2021 7:57 PM

Apr 2017
kageyomob said:
Ending was average,mal mfs here overreacting lmfao saying “iTs tHe wOrST eNdiNg,gOt s8>”

I see some similarities with how the politics end and one of the main characters killing the other, their love interest. Also the inconsistencies at times.

That said, Game of Thrones went from amazing to average, which with high standards essentially means trash. AoT has been dipping in quality at times, but the final arc still had some spectacular moments. It's not the same, but I can relate to the feeling of betrayal when expectations are too high.

I wonder if people will pretend this does not exist in a few years like GoT. I don't think it would fade as much as that.
Apr 7, 2021 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
this was so fucking bad im actually crying
Apr 7, 2021 7:59 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
After extensively reading through most replies this thread is basically another one of those "I didn't like it and therefore it's bad" instead of giving actual constructive criticism.

Personally imo it's far from perfect and certainly not the kind of ending I was expecting but pretty much everything shown in this final chapter isn't out of place with what has been established already.

Oh well, big, popular series that are good will always get unwarranted hate I guess.
Apr 7, 2021 8:00 PM

Apr 2017
TheMangaManiac said:
I mean Isayama stated he wants to see people suffer...
And dumb me thought it was because he's going to kill off all their favourite characters. Boy was I wrong.
I suffer. Very, very much. And I am not alone in my suffering.

Never was that mad since DomeKano. At least DomeKano was garbage from the very beggining and it just turned into complete trainwreck that was even funny in some ways, but AoT gone from mediocre to great to masterpiece to... this. THIS is how you finish the story of such scales. Like some sort of cheesy fairy tail trash with no consequences for the majority of characters whatsoever and pulling out Lelouch 2.0. Btw what ever happened to the centipede? Doesn't matter? Okay.

The ending is the most important part of the story because this is what people will remember the best, and what should we remember exactly?... Bird symbolism shoved down our throats for dozen of chapters? That Love is, ummm, great?? I dunno about that one buddy, Mikasa keeps hugging head and talking to Eren after killing him... it's giving me School Days vibes. This is not romantic, this is creepy and cringe. Keep believeing in people? Looking at the modern world, I don't share this optimism. World is an awful place, and AoT is just there saying: "Hey but if... if you KILL 80 % of all people, maybe world is going to be okay? Hmmmmm??"

Thanks Isayama, very cool. Dissapointed/10, not even sure how I should read the manga in general...

School days is the most appropriate way to describe the feeling from that scenery. I think they also admitted conflict is intrinsic to human nature. That doesn't mean they can't reduce conflict and attain some form of peace, which is what they are trying to do. It's not naive optimism, nor is it pure pessimism. A fair way of going about things even if I find the execution of showing it in this story questionable.
Apr 7, 2021 8:01 PM

Apr 2016
This is the final chapter of the manga. We have 40 pages to provide closure... and they spent half of it on exposition about "blah blah motives and how the power works". Total nonsense.

*sigh*

Oh look, it's the stupid Code Geass plan all over again! "I shall become a heniously evil mass murder, a villain, that everyone will unite to take down. Thus, when I die, there shall be a world of peace!" goodness gracious stop using this idiotic plan people.

"80% of humanity was killed during the rumbling" goodness gracious fuck you

"She waited 2000 years for someone to free her from the pain of love" what

Are they really talking about "who is going to marry Mikasa" now of all times?

"I wanted to turn the earth into a brand new land" dude, the weight of the colossal titans has hard packed the earth so much that it can never be tilled by plows! It would take explosives and heavy machinery to excavate and unpack and loosen the dirt! Nothing will grow outside of the 20% of the world that was untouched again. It will take hundreds to thousands of years for erosion to loosen the soil and allow life outside of the 20% zone to thrive again!

What the fuck? "Thank you?" No! Fuck him!

Well, it's nice that Connie and Jean lived. But the 8 year/12 year terminal curse being magicked away just like that... I dunno.

Why is Mikasa walking away? The whole stretch of the Marleyan peninsula/continent towards Paradis is a barren wasteland without anything to eat, and any vehicles to cross the ocean to Paradis have been destroyed. She needs to stick with the group here at the Marleyan base and head further south to find another harbor, or to fix the plane.

Final thoughts

I don't know. Meh, I guess?

I stand by my statement in 2017 that I feel that I began losing interest after chapter 100 when he went full blown mass murderer and the series became very nihilistic. I had overall liked the series up until that point. But everything after...

also, once again Japan is back at it again with the victimization of evil. Mass murderers are never held to account for their deeds. The story has to bend over backwards about how "misunderstood" or how "noble" they really were and how tragic their life was. Really grates me.
Apr 7, 2021 8:02 PM

Oct 2019
iSpade said:
Lovlis said:

The last Eren pov chapter proved he was human. There's a difference between having contradictions in a character- flaws; and basically retconning your character twice in one arc with the path flashbacks. Once is enough, now it feels beyond inconsistent to me. He was in love with Mikasa all along but also demonically obsessed with freedom to the point of fascism all along. If he so in love with her all this time, why didn't he do anything?

but we already knew for awhile that mikasa's answer could've changed eren's mind. Eren was never as staunch abt doing the rumbling and achieving whatever "freedom" it could bring as so many seem to believe, because he had hesitated and regretted it several times. I knew he cared abt mikasa and his friends all this time lol, was that supposed to be some plot twist or revelation? I think perhaps in ch 131, kid eren stretching his arms out and saying "freedom" was when eren gave up and the conclusion of his character (that was also like the only/last thing we ever heard from him since ch 139 was mostly flashbacks). Eren had achieved his freedom, and a huge part of his definition of freedom was freeing his friends. He had achieved that and knew things would go his way. Idk that's just what I think
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

Apr 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
This series was my gateway to anime and manga back in 2013. To see it end like this is really disappointing.

His original plan for the ending had to be a lot better than this.
Apr 7, 2021 8:04 PM

Oct 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
Lovlis said:
“It felt rushed, it was confusing, the dialogue was bleh, but you guys are overreacting.”

Those are your own words. Does that sound like a positive outlook on the final chapter of aot?

i don't really like the ending that much and was disappointing, but it definitely isn't the worst in existence, some of yall are making it out to be as if it ruined the entire manga and turned it into a 1/10 story. I never said I necessarily had a positive outlook on it lmao wdym
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

Apr 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Mar 2020
If Eren was a chad then he would have never shared his memory to everyone "Look you good for nothings, I became a mass murderer to save you now because of you I am dead no tatakae only praise me"

Pieck after post time skip was beautiful so was Annie.

If Eren was a chad he would have never said " I want Mikasa to think about me" There was never a moment of Eren showing his romantic feelings for Mikasa. Rushed.

Ymir loving the first king was just nonsense but she did sacrificed herself but the king didn't noticed her feelings.

Anyways, it was an okay ending and thank Isayama for woking 139 months to give us 139 chapters.

8/10 and if anybody sends death threats to him then lets shit on them.
Pages (38) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.