Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh that embrace. Not even half surprised that Elizabeth shows her gratitude to Meliodas after that fight.

A lot of familiar faces this episode such as Jericho, Guila, etc. They're still somewhat relevant lol. The song this episode. It really feels like a family reunion and Hawk cried a lot! Really, this episode gave the heroes a celebration that they deserved.
Apr 7, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2007
Ishida-san's character already at his limit and left.

Humans and demons fight still going on until the end.

There's monsters in KajKaji's character, so they deleted it.

Celebration time. The couple went down and released that vampire. He kept his promise to his brother, though too late.

Fairies and titan celebrate w. humans.

Pig frustrated about his weakness and KajiKaji's character encouraged it. KajiKaji's character and friend guy also sung together to remind about its brother.

There's also appearances of those sacrificed...

Both new OP and ED are nice.

Preview w. two goddess.

ED2: "NAMELY" by UVERworld
https://twitter.com/7_taizai/status/1379728809004425220
tsubasaloverApr 8, 2021 8:11 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 7, 2021 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
animation improved a lot in the episode, it really had exciting scenes.
Apr 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
End of the holy war hmm, it was sad to see Hawk crying like that but at least Meliodas and Ban were here... that last scene with everyone partying was good, but that talk between Meliodas and Ban at the end is announcing some future interesting events
Apr 7, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
The final OST set, and both Sora Amamiya and UVERworld did a good job on their part.

The Epilogue of the Holy War has reached, and the conflict between humans and demons is over...for now. There's still Elizabeth's 3-day curse to break, and it's easily done with Meliodas's new form and power he got from Purgatory. Along with breaking the cirse of Gelda for her to find Zeldris, it's still unkempt.

Nice to see most side characters come back like Howzer, Griamore and Guila, it's been a long while.

And also, Meliodas and Ban's lame-ass song to Hawk, hah.

We're into the final half of both the final season and the manga's final stretches, so reaching the end of the manga adaptation through the anime is feeling more surreal.
Apr 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
It is really nice how much Ban appreciates Hawk.
Apr 7, 2021 10:52 AM
Jun 2016
UVERWORLD with the drip in the finale.
Apr 7, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
new op is pretty cool, glad that everything turned out well
Apr 7, 2021 12:03 PM
Nov 2020
Genuinely good episode. New OP and ED slap.

Like most, I only kept watching this series because of how much I loved it in season 1 and 2. But today's episode made me actually want to continue this series. Hope all goes well.
Apr 7, 2021 12:52 PM

Aug 2020
So.. What's supposed to happen for the remaining 11 episodes? This wraps mostly everything up right?
Apr 7, 2021 12:54 PM
Feb 2020
I could have sworn almost everyone in the second half of this episode died before in this series...

WHEN THE F DID BAN AND MELIODAS MEMORIZE A LULABY WHILE TRYING TO ESCAPE HELL!?!? AND WHY DID THEY LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JAMMING TO METAL WHILE SINGING THAT CALM A$$ SONG!?

WHY IS EVERYONE ALIVE AND GETTING ALONG WTH
Apr 7, 2021 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
Whoa, looks like the 2nd half of this season will have a decent animation! I'll be so happy if it was the case, I was really looking foward the next chapters :D
Apr 7, 2021 4:14 PM
Apr 7, 2021 5:08 PM
Apr 2017
New OP and ED are cool, the 1/5 vote bombing on the episode discussions is dumb
Apr 7, 2021 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my new opening hype! And some UVERworld at the end too!

Meliodas and Ban comforting Hawk was so wholesome. 🥺
Apr 7, 2021 6:28 PM
Mar 2021
Really people do f*cking hate seven deady sins really bcuz they are much stronger than their favorite characters and has much better story than their favorite anime and season3 animation gave them the chance to do anything they want with the show. These people are just f*cked up b*stards. Even now this episode was amazing but those f*cked up prople underrate it too badly when the animation was good in start they wont even vote and when 2 episodes in a row ruined by animation they all came started to even voting(hated it) the good animated episodes like ep 12 and ep13. I just literally hate this very anime community.
Akuto969Apr 8, 2021 8:44 PM
Apr 7, 2021 6:56 PM
Dec 2019
Alpha_Lily_Weeb said:
I could have sworn almost everyone in the second half of this episode died before in this series...

WHEN THE F DID BAN AND MELIODAS MEMORIZE A LULABY WHILE TRYING TO ESCAPE HELL!?!? AND WHY DID THEY LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JAMMING TO METAL WHILE SINGING THAT CALM A$$ SONG!?

Keep in mind that Meliodas and Ban were in Purgatory for literal centuries, they had plenty of time and breaks to do so lol
Apr 8, 2021 1:36 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, the war is over for the time being. Elizabeth's curse has also been lifted. Poor Hawk. Pretty good episode. Everything's peaceful and everyone's happy.
Apr 8, 2021 2:13 AM

Oct 2017
Elizabeth and Meliodas' curse is broken and the war is over. All of them live happily ever after, the end. Wait this is not over there are still 11 episodes left, what will wee see? lol.
Apr 8, 2021 5:08 AM
Feb 2020
aquapineapples said:
Alpha_Lily_Weeb said:

Keep in mind that Meliodas and Ban were in Purgatory for literal centuries, they had plenty of time and breaks to do so lol

I know I know, I thought of that too, But still feels like a waste of time and they were jamming to it with headbangs and shit XD
Apr 8, 2021 5:49 AM

Aug 2020
why did they not tell mild about wild.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Apr 8, 2021 7:31 AM
Nov 2017
Just end it here, this would've just been fine as the last episode.
Apr 8, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2020
Nice new op and ed I like it

Apr 8, 2021 10:14 AM
Jan 2020
I just wish I wouldn't say in the future that this episode would be better as the last one... I'm hyped for what's coming next!
Apr 8, 2021 5:34 PM

Apr 2020
Not going to lie, it was nice seeing the entire cast in the ending sequence at the bar including those that died like Oslo, Helbram, etc.

Kinda figured something was going to happen to Meliodas. I assumed he'd be sent back to Purgatory when he regained his ability to use Original Magic.
Apr 9, 2021 3:02 PM

Feb 2013
Why does this have 11 episodes left? What more is there to happen? Sorry but this story had so much potential. Instead it went super downhill after the second season. It completely deserves its current rating.
Apr 9, 2021 9:16 PM
Mar 2021
DarkRanger said:
Why does this have 11 episodes left? What more is there to happen? Sorry but this story had so much potential. Instead it went super downhill after the second season. It completely deserves its current rating.

OH JUST SHUT UP THE STORY IS STILL MASTERPIECE JUST BCUZ THE ANIMATION IS NOT GOOD DOESNT MEAN STORY IS BAD. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY F*CKED UP AND THE SHOW DIDNT DESERVE THIS RATING. THE SHOW IS GETTING THIS BCUZ OF HATERS LIKE YOU YOU F*CK
Apr 9, 2021 11:09 PM
Sep 2020
I want whatever the studio's drinking and whatever the writer's smoking.
Apr 10, 2021 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
Akuto969 said:

OH JUST SHUT UP THE STORY IS STILL MASTERPIECE JUST BCUZ THE ANIMATION IS NOT GOOD DOESNT MEAN STORY IS BAD. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY F*CKED UP AND THE SHOW DIDNT DESERVE THIS RATING. THE SHOW IS GETTING THIS BCUZ OF HATERS LIKE YOU YOU F*CK

Oooh, don't get so mad just because of some ruined story. It's not my fault that you're a masochist and enjoy being fed cr*p.
Apr 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
I thought was the last episode for a minute.

Loved the scene with Hawk!
Apr 11, 2021 2:35 AM

Sep 2019
This felt like a final episode with them drinking in peace and all.
Apr 11, 2021 4:21 AM

May 2018
nice episode! I like Elizabeth singing the opening :D and uverworld is back as well! I guess rip Meliodas soon
Apr 13, 2021 4:24 AM

Dec 2016
That scene with Hawk was so emotional....Ban and Meliodas singing Wild's song was heartwarming. Tho, it would've been perfect if Gilthunder sang it to Hawk XD

The way Howzer was third wheeling two couples at the same time XD

Another song by Uverworld but now they're doing the ED. And Amamiya Sora is doing the OP. Both of them are really good.
Rickydory123Apr 13, 2021 4:28 AM
Apr 15, 2021 10:01 AM
Mar 2021
DarkRanger said:
Akuto969 said:

Oooh, don't get so mad just because of some ruined story. It's not my fault that you're a masochist and enjoy being fed cr*p.

Story isnt ruined😊😊 the story is still perfect the only thing that is ruined is animation you haters are just really f*cked up and you seem quite happy on the fact that animation is ruined
Apr 15, 2021 10:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I thought it was going to end "good" with the disbanding and Elizabeth leaving with Meliodas but she really got crushed by a giant rock...???? WTF, now I can't wait to see the next one
Apr 15, 2021 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Akuto969 said:

Story isnt ruined😊😊 the story is still perfect the only thing that is ruined is animation you haters are just really f*cked up and you seem quite happy on the fact that animation is ruined

You got it all wrong buddy. I'm no hater. I loved this anime, but it went downhill, that's facts. And not just the animation. Let me remind you of Gilthunder. He was my favorite character and what happened? They turned him into a sobbing bit*h, sorry but that's poor writing and laziness.
Apr 16, 2021 1:29 AM
Mar 2021
[quote=DarkRanger message=62715703]
Akuto969 said:

Oooh, don't get so mad just because of some ruined story. It's not my fault that you're a masochist and enjoy being fed cr*p.[/qYEAH REALLY IT TAKES 1 GOOGLE SEARCH TO CONFIRM EVERYTHING. AND THEIR IS NOWHERE THAT A-1 SAID MOVIE DIDNT PERFORMED WELL REALLY YOU GUYS ARE BRAINLESS WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW A SINGLE THING. MOVIE DID PERFORM WELL AND REMAKE WOULD COKE ANYTIME SOON YOU WOULD SEE YOURSELF I CAN JUST SAY THIS FOR NOW. REALLY YOU HATERS ARE JUST F*CKED UP SAYING MOVIE DIDNT PERFORMED WELL WHEN IT DID PERFORM WELL AND I HAVE STATED THE TRUE REASON WHY A-1 PICTURES DROPPED SEVEN DEADLY SINS AND NOW ITS UP TO YOU WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT
DarkRanger said:
Akuto969 said:

Story isnt ruined😊😊 the story is still perfect the only thing that is ruined is animation you haters are just really f*cked up and you seem quite happy on the fact that animation is ruined aint you??
Apr 17, 2021 10:33 AM
Mar 2021
DarkRanger said:
Akuto969 said:

You got it all wrong buddy. I'm no hater. I loved this anime, but it went downhill, that's facts. And not just the animation. Let me remind you of Gilthunder. He was my favorite character and what happened? They turned him into a sobbing bit*h, sorry but that's poor writing and laziness.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE HATER BCUZ STORY DIDNT GET DOWNHILL IT JUST GET BETTER AND TO BEGIN WITH GIL ORIGINAL SELF WAS SOFT
Jun 6, 2021 1:07 PM
Feb 2020
Absolutely teared up when Hawk cried. I love him so much haha he is the best couldn’t stand to see him like that. Hawk needs more love!!
Jun 13, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
Take the cliffhanger away and this would have been a fine ending.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 16, 2021 5:16 PM

Mar 2014
This was the best episode of the season for me, it felt more like NNT's old days, with the Sins being the focus of the episode, seeing Gil, Margaret, Jericho and Guila, Ban and Meliodas' friendship being relevant again and the heartwarming scene with Hawk of course. With the Holy War arc being subpar this would have been a fun ending actually.

Really can't get over the fact that Meliodas could have ended Elizabeth's curse by himself this whole time tho. This shit felt soooo underwhelming for being the solution to such a major plot point.
Jun 24, 2021 4:22 AM

Apr 2018
Well the war ended and the party started. The new opening and ending are really good.
Poor hawk..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 30, 2021 10:56 PM

Nov 2010
Danae said:

Really can't get over the fact that Meliodas could have ended Elizabeth's curse by himself this whole time tho. This shit felt soooo underwhelming for being the solution to such a major plot point.

Hmm, I believe it was possible only because the purgatory Meliodas managed to awaken his full demonic powers with the help of the 7 deadly sins. His other choice was becoming the demon king without his emotions(the original plan), but that would've failed since his father would've taken over him and we saw that happen.
Sep 24, 2021 10:35 AM

May 2015
Awww Hawk dont cry :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 19, 2021 3:51 PM

Jan 2021
It felt like this was the ending but it isn’t what else is there

Dec 8, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2009
And here I was thinking Jericho wasn't around because she died in one of the previous seasons and I just didn't remember it. I guess I was wrong.
Dec 31, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao Hawk calling it a stupid song xddd

Meliodas doesnt have much time left :(((

Mar 30, 2022 4:03 PM
Oct 2019
the season is only half over, but the story is over. weird. that ending montage was what you see in the finale where everybody gets a few seconds of airtime as the curtain drops and everything fades to black

so his brother "disappeared"? weird
May 6, 2022 5:43 PM

Jan 2020
That really did feel like the end, other than the asterisk of Meliodas disappearing after all. I thought they were trying to say that they saved him and he hadn't awakened as the Demon King. But, I guess the original Demon King wasn't actually lying about that bit, Meliodas was. So, I imagine that'll be the focus of what's next.

It was amusing to see Hawk call that song stupid. I wish they had gone full tilt with it though and not had him recognize it at all. It would of been a funnier scene. The absence of humor from these past two seasons has only hurt this show. For instance; there haven't been nearly enough chibi, unimpressed Meliodas scenes in a long, long time.

Meliodas pretty much carries this show, and yet once again he's going to fade into the background. I'm not expecting much from the back-half of this season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 1, 2022 6:08 AM

Sep 2018
The best part about this series is the broship between Ban and Meliodas.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.