Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, this is definitely the comical version of Tensei Slime although the familiar cast returns.

Good thing the animation style still retains the same as the original. The comedy includes ...handesome goblin, Shion, and of course, Rimuru himself. It looks like Rimuru himself documents this anime like his own adventure and this has way less drama than the original.

Funny episode.
Apr 6, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
The TenSura spin-off IS FINALLY HERE, and it'd be a good 3 months before we get back to Season 2 Part 2.

This timeline being set after the Orc Lord arc in the era of peace and tranquility in Tempest, and is just that: the slice-of-life dailies of Tempest's inhabitants with Rimuru roaming around.

Gabiru and his army of dragonnewts sure like to joke around, as is Shion and Shuna with their ridiculousness.

But man, what a fun ride this'll be following the 9-month/3 seasons continuity of the TenSura universe.
Apr 6, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2019
So, here we are with the slice of life version of Tensura.
As stated above, this is a comical version of the original show where Rimuru has been telling us about his journey. Basically, a spin-off to be clear. The new art syle is pretty good as well. I'm diggin' it. And, with that all of our favourite characters are also here. Shion, Shuna, Gabiru, goblin gang and the whole Tempest, all are having their peaceful times. Funny first episode.
Can't wait for more of it, before we finally get the second cour of remaining second season. This is gonna be fun.
Apr 6, 2021 8:23 AM
Dec 2018
Very fun episode.
Apr 6, 2021 8:31 AM

Mar 2021
A pretty good episode...
I think this can be a good one which will treat my cliffhanger..
Thanks for this cool slice of life series in this hot summer, 8bit

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Apr 6, 2021 8:37 AM
Jul 2020
A lot better than I thought it would be and I like the different art style tbh it looks good. Overall pretty funny episode
Apr 6, 2021 8:41 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to see Tensura in different artstyle, but this laid-back life is probably why the city is easily under attack. Since this is a prequel to season 2, I'm wondering if my favorite characters like Carrion and Veldora in human form will appear. Dwarf King already appear a little bit at the beginning. I miss Youm and Grucius too!
Apr 6, 2021 8:44 AM
Sep 2013
What happened to Hakurou? Lmao
Apr 6, 2021 8:44 AM
Mar 2021
Where can i watch the episode tho
Apr 6, 2021 8:54 AM

Oct 2017
This was an allright start, a bit funny and relaxing. Characters look a bit off thou.
Apr 6, 2021 8:58 AM

Oct 2015
Ahh thats Shuka and Souei interraction is what I need in Canon Story, btw wtf why many people in Muse Asia still dont know this series was a Spin Off, they said Muse Asia scamm them lol
lazy_ModifierApr 6, 2021 5:27 PM
Apr 6, 2021 8:58 AM
Jun 2020
Just grab some popcorn and chill, different wholesome stories combined into one episode.

It was fun to watch.
Apr 6, 2021 9:00 AM
Jun 2020
CLAMnyy-watch said:
Where can i watch the episode tho

It is available on YouTube on Muse Asia channel :)
Apr 6, 2021 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
Damn, what a fun and relaxing series. Really needed that after how dark last season was, really cleans my palet.

I do have a complaint that the episode feels fragmented. I know the anime is supose to be fragments from a diary, but adapting it like how the manga has seperate chapters for each fragment makes the pacing of the episode feel kinda quick with not many stories being around long enough to make an impact. I hope that longer stories will come in future episodes rather then 2-3 minutes ones.
Apr 6, 2021 9:14 AM

Sep 2019
I didn’t think this would be a full length show but oh well. It was a fun episode. Hakurou looks really weird with that beard, I feel like Shuna looked different too but I can’t point out why. The animation was a lot better than I expected.
Apr 6, 2021 9:18 AM
Nov 2015
I like how they using manga art style than the main series for spin off.
Apr 6, 2021 9:25 AM
Oct 2016
After how dire and emotional the first half of slime season two just was its very nice to have a fun time slice of life where these characters can just habe fun with their daily lives. I really enjoyed this first episode with Rimuru checking on everyone seeing how they're doing. They all have important jobs to get done but everyone also seems to habe enjoying themselves in Tempest. My favorite part was when Rimuru visited the kids school and he got to see their drawings of someone they respect with it all being him, so cute. Seeing all these characters just enjoy life with Rimuru since he's given them a wholesome place to live fills my heart with joy. Shion, Shuna, Benimaru, Hakurou, Kurobe, Gobta, Ranga, and everyone greatly appreciate what Rimuru has done for them. Cannot wait to see more fun heartwarming times with this cast of awesome characters.
Apr 6, 2021 9:25 AM
Oct 2016
redcobra said:
I like how they using manga art style than the main series for spin off.

The softer art style definitely fits the more laidback type of story
Apr 6, 2021 9:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even as a spinoff its still nice to see Rimuru again. Multi race interactions tend to be quite interesting in their dynamics. Amusing how the topic despite the seriousness that the meeting gave off was for such a trivial matter. Shions ability to take everything that Rimuru gives her as praise never ceases to amaze. Shina though sure had some strength in her. Its nice though to see the kind of bonds that exist between Rimuru's friends and allies within the kingdom though things that we don't get to see often in the larger story. Plus seeing how everyone was back when the Orcs joined their ranks really was insightful. It was cute seeing Shuna's interactions with Benimaru. Overall a pretty fun opening ep that did well to introduce the smaller stories and bonds that flourish within the kingdom. Catchy ending theme as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
Seems like it will a pretty fun spin-off
Shion

Benimaru living the loli lover dream

That Souka x Souei moment tho

Bikinis in the opening segment, hopefully we get a beach episode this season too.

Can't wait to see Milim in this artstyle.
(yeah, she appears in the OP, but that doesn't count, I want to see her in her regular attire)
Apr 6, 2021 10:09 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Hmmm, so this episode was ok, I suppose. It definitely delivered on its slice of life aspect ("slime of life", if you will) by structuring itself in 1 or 2 minute "diary" sketches that range from funny to... off? I'm not sure if that's the correct word to describe the latter but they didn't really land for me. Maybe it was the different art style, the music choice that for some reason was silent during some scenes, or the fact that Rimuru himself doesn't really have a personality. Also, his 30 year old doesn't quite fit the way he's portrayed to me.

Aside from that, want a hardcore drinking game? Take a shot every time someone says "Rimuru-sama". You'll die in 5 minutes.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 6, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
Gerudo parts are the most precious
bruh
Apr 6, 2021 10:19 AM
Dec 2018
Groenboys said:
I do have a complaint that the episode feels fragmented. I know the anime is supose to be fragments from a diary, but adapting it like how the manga has seperate chapters for each fragment makes the pacing of the episode feel kinda quick with not many stories being around long enough to make an impact. I hope that longer stories will come in future episodes rather then 2-3 minutes ones.

From the passing of time, we know that everything we saw took place over the course of 1 day.
Or at least that's how I viewed it.
We saw all these little vignettes that showed an average day in Tempest.
Apr 6, 2021 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Wait, are slimes even tasty?

This was a fun first episode. Gabiru and his gang never fail to make me laugh.

Apr 6, 2021 10:25 AM
Dec 2018
Leo said:

I wouldn't say tasty, maybe more cool and refreshing. Like lemonade, or a cold glass of water on a hot day.
Apr 6, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2018
MORE SLIMEEEEEEE, Lets go. Some wholesome and funny moments before part 2

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 6, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2021
A funny spin-off before the second part of season 2 ٩(◕‿◕。)۶
The animation feels different, I don't know if it's worse or better, but I love it
I will definitely enjoy this
Apr 6, 2021 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
Kind of disappointed with how it turned out. I felt like a compilation video of moments for 20 minutes, rather than an episode of a day in Tempest. I thought it was going to be closer to the OVA where they go to the beach for a day the whole day is one story that doesn't really have an influence on the main plot. I still liked it, I just wish each episode was a whole story.
Apr 6, 2021 10:33 AM
Dec 2018
FrozenTomb said:
Kind of disappointed with how it turned out. I felt like a compilation video of moments for 20 minutes, rather than an episode of a day in Tempest. I thought it was going to be closer to the OVA where they go to the beach for a day the whole day is one story that doesn't really have an influence on the main plot. I still liked it, I just wish each episode was a whole story.

Everything we saw did take place over the course of one day though.
Obviously the characters aren't all going to be in the same place doing the same things all the time in a normal day.
Apr 6, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2018
rip rimuru-sama, got eaten with the other slimes.

As expected an episode of SoL and fluff, and it's exactly what I like! I also like the kawaii-fied character expressions as well :D
Apr 6, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2018
jaw201 said:
Leo said:

I wouldn't say tasty, maybe more cool and refreshing. Like lemonade, or a cold glass of water on a hot day.

thanks for your expertise, o legend of jaw
Apr 6, 2021 10:57 AM

Jan 2021
jaw201 said:
FrozenTomb said:

Everything we saw did take place over the course of one day though.
Obviously the characters aren't all going to be in the same place doing the same things all the time in a normal day.

I mean for the day to have an overall story happening. It doesn't mean that it has to be anything important, but I would rather follow a plot of the characters not really doing anything but being themselves. Instead, it is just shifting around to random encounters that are happening throughout a day. I still liked it while I watched it, I just wish that it was more focused.
Apr 6, 2021 11:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool it was fun, nice to see a slice of life version of Tensura, the art is a bit weird for the character design I will need to get used to it but otherwise I think it's gonna be good!
Apr 6, 2021 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
I really like idea of Slime in full SoL mode for 12 full time episodes. Comedy is a hit or miss, but I'm happy just watching those characters and relaxing.
One thing that really bothers me is art style. On some characters it seems really weird and kinda not fitting their character? Like Benimaru and Hakurou look much "softer" and "nicer" than in original, less detailed and unique too. Hopefully I get used to it.
Apr 6, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2021
and so the hate starts now...
1/5 by 51 members??
why?
you don't like it?
hmm I think you just came to decrease the rating for getting your fav anime rank up...
Bcoz today episode is full with laughter so it don't deserve 1/5

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Apr 6, 2021 11:18 AM
Aug 2018
Great episode, why people botting?? annoying fucks
Apr 6, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2021
yep, stupid bots!

Apr 6, 2021 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Seems like this is exactly what you would expect from a Slice of Life version of Tensura. They did put a surprising amount of effort into the show. The character designs are a bit different, some I even like more than the main series. I will be waiting for season 3 season 2 cour 2, but the SoL fans will enjoy it.

tensura1704 said:
and so the hate starts now...
1/5 by 51 members??
why?
you don't like it?
hmm I think you just came to decrease the rating for getting your fav anime rank up...
Bcoz today episode is full with laughter so it don't deserve 1/5
Well, those are almost all from bots. It has been a problem for some time now, happens on most shows sadly.
Apr 6, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2021
yep stupid bots...
it's decreasing the score of some good anime in last season too

Apr 6, 2021 11:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fun episode, this.

Came in with absolutely no expectations and pleasantly satisfied with what we've got so far. Although, the change in character designs could take a little getting used to.

Round 2 of the TenSura chapter begins, let's see how it goes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 6, 2021 11:54 AM

Aug 2020
Spin-off is finally here we ganna watch Rimuru for a whole season before the season 2 part 2 is so interesting

Apr 6, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2020
Woooooooooo.. finalllyyyyy... A slime of life.... I fucking Love this Anime, spin-off was so good, we Can learn more about other characters that didn't really shine on main series, fucking love it.
Apr 6, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
this was a really nice and chill episode, loving the slice of life moments, really wholesome and funny too.
Apr 6, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
All in all.. this was a good start.. before i realized the episode had already ended.. i know it won't be on sem level as Fumoffu as a spinoff but it looks pretty promising for now..
The characters with such a simple design look so freaking weird lol..
Apr 6, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 2018
Groenboys said:
Damn, what a fun and relaxing series. Really needed that after how dark last season was, really cleans my palet.

The manga is 4-koma manga and each little story is 1 page 4 panels long, at least at the start of the manga. Later chapters have more connected stories so it doesnt feel "fragmented".

well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 6, 2021 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
That was super cute and it made me laugh a lot of times, specially that bit about eating slimes, I still don't like Gabiru and his troupe tho.
Apr 6, 2021 12:40 PM

Feb 2017
Insteresting how they changed the design of characters just enough to make the whole thing feel a bit less serious, I think the biggest contrast(even if not the biggest change) is with the kijin, the change is pretty minimal but enough to take any monster aspect they have in the main show.
Apr 6, 2021 12:42 PM
May 2020
very wholesome. I was smiling throughout the whole episode ahlie
Apr 6, 2021 1:03 PM

Feb 2019
Ah, 9 months of Tensura this year continues with this wholesome fluffy experience. What a nice first episode. It’s so cool to have all the fun and cute moments of Tensura packed into a 23 minute experience. But based on Rimuru monologue at the end, it looks like it won’t be all sunflowers and rainbows.
Apr 6, 2021 1:19 PM

Feb 2014
I came in expecting to see some cute and funny moments and I got exactly what I wanted in bucket loads! =)

With the second part of Slime season 2 not until July, this spin-off, from this first episode alone, should be a satisfying in-between until then.

The softer art style works really nicely (Even Hakuro looks younger and dapper now!) and the jokes hit their mark almost everytime, too. Even for a spin-off show, the production values are still very good and they do help make this spin-off even more satisfying to watch.

Overall, this was a great start and, hopefully, it won't be long before the adorable Milim makes her appearance. Please let it be soon! X3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2021

60 by Magicmist »»
Yesterday, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2021

49 by Magicmist »»
Apr 15, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

50 by Magicmist »»
Apr 14, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2021

45 by Magicmist »»
Apr 14, 2:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.