Forum Settings
Forums
Magus of the Library
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 2021 4:30 PM

Sep 2020
I just love how the passion for books permeates every page of this manga.
The story, the characters, the artwork, the folklore and myths of the continent: everything in Magus of the Library is filled with a genuine adoration and fascination for printed works.

Apr 6, 2021 2:04 AM
Apr 2017
Avvenirista said:
The story, the characters, the artwork, the folklore and myths of the continent: everything in Magus of the Library is filled with a genuine adoration and fascination for printed works.

Yes, that's what makes it such a good manga (I think).
The idea of the book having been at the origin of a genocide etc. is in itself not necessarily original (we know what it can be inspired) nevertheless we also meet how much it is a key cultural factor, as evidenced by certain more or less claimed wills of this or that ethnicity for a position.
This gives a geo-political vision of the culture that I find little exploited in manga.
Apr 6, 2021 2:22 AM

Sep 2020
Tjornin said:
Avvenirista said:

Yes, that's what makes it such a good manga (I think).
The idea of the book having been at the origin of a genocide etc. is in itself not necessarily original (we know what it can be inspired) nevertheless we also meet how much it is a key cultural factor, as evidenced by certain more or less claimed wills of this or that ethnicity for a position.
This gives a geo-political vision of the culture that I find little exploited in manga.

You give the example of the ''Black Book'' and I agree; the ''Seven Classics'' introduced by the author really bring more depths and realness to the struggles, conflicts and general life of the various people on the continent.
Jul 17, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
I just caught up to it recently and that's why it's one of my favorites. There's so much lore about literature, passion shown by the main character and the author, amazing artwork and details, great application of literature to the real world where literature helps practically (like with understanding traditions of various cultures better), and you have a coming of age story of a mixed blood boy who wants to be the hero of his own story and achieve his dreams as a kafna since books and everything related to it has given him the most happiness and purpose in life. It's just an amazing manga as a whole, and one of the best fantasy manga easily. Even like the foreshadowing on the cover of the first volume mentioning 'Kafna of the Wind', which makes more and more sense in future volumes and there's mystery elements too with a lot of suspense. It's got everything going on.
Jul 18, 2021 8:57 PM

Mar 2016
It's such a genuine premise without trying to overshoot or play too safe.

More topics from this board

» Volume seven discussion

Avvenirista - Dec 6, 2023

9 by Avvenirista »»
Apr 6, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Toshokan no Daimajutsushi Chapter 24 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Sep 1, 2022

6 by MDR- »»
Mar 30, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toshokan no Daimajutsushi Chapter 19 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Sep 1, 2022

3 by MDR- »»
Feb 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Toshokan no Daimajutsushi Chapter 3 Discussion

removed-user - May 4, 2020

4 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Jan 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Toshokan no Daimajutsushi Chapter 29 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Mar 7, 2023

8 by MajinDodo »»
Nov 23, 2023 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.