Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 2021 7:18 AM

Aug 2018
I remember this was at 1st place some time before the last episode came out, and now it's in 3rd. I really don't see why this happened, because, generally, when an anime ends airing, the ratings go higher, since there are many people who only give a score to the anime after seeing it in its totallity, and if they are watching it until the end, it's because they are liking it, so they will give a good score.
Another thing I noticed is that for an anime with an average score of 9.10, it has a really high percentage of 1 in the scores (2.5%), which is much higher than the other low scores: 2 (0.1%), 3 (0.1%), 4 (0.3%), 5 (0.5%) and even 6 (1.3%). In fact, they are less even if you combine all of them together (2.3%).
The same thing happened with Season 3 Part 2, and it's not particularly because people didn't like the end of it.

I know rating is not that important, but for new people who are comming to anime, the ratings can be a good way to find good anime! I think this is a case of sabotaging the score of an anime, and I find it kind of unfair, but oh well.

What do you think about this?

Edit: forgot to mention that more than half of the user (51%) gave this season a score of 10.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2021 7:35 AM
Sep 2020
PokefanPT said:
I remember this was at 1st place some time before the last episode came out, and now it's in 3rd. I really don't see why this happened, because, generally, when an anime ends airing, the ratings go higher, since there are many people who only give a score to the anime after seeing it in its totallity, and if they are watching it until the end, it's because they are liking it, so they will give a good score.
Another thing I noticed is that for an anime with an average score of 9.10, it has a really high percentage of 1 in the scores (2.5%), which is much higher than the other low scores: 2 (0.1%), 3 (0.1%), 4 (0.3%), 5 (0.5%) and even 6 (1.3%). In fact, they are less even if you combine all of them together (2.3%).
The same thing happened with Season 3 Part 2, and it's not particularly because people didn't like the end of it.

I know rating is not that important, but for new people who are comming to anime, the ratings can be a good way to find good anime! I think this is a case of sabotaging the score of an anime, and I find it kind of unfair, but oh well.

What do you think about this?

Edit: forgot to mention that more than half of the user (51%) gave this season a score of 10.

No other franchises want it higher
Especially the fmab tards

They spawned a lot of seperate new accounts and started spamming 1/10
Apr 5, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
People like yours truly didn't give it a 10.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 5, 2021 7:49 AM
Sep 2020
Theo1899 said:

I'd call them kids who only wants action

It's injustice to AOT ,this season part 1 was honestly way better than s3p2 ,

These casuals who want only action without context are just kids ,who will never appreciate a good story

This site is outdated and sucks ,

IMDb is way better than this
Apr 5, 2021 7:52 AM
Nov 2020
Another one hahaha It’s mostly because people are voting it 7-9s now that it’s completed. Some are even changing their scores from 10 to 7-9s. Since the overall rating is higher than 9, any vote that is not 10 will lower the score. If you didn’t know, the total increase of 7-9 votes are more or less 2x the increase of 10. If that’s sabotage then the aot fans are sabotaging themselves for not giving it a 10.
Apr 5, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
Mack_Yeager said:
Theo1899 said:

These casuals who want only action without context are just kids ,who will never appreciate a good story

Nothing wrong with liking action now stop acting like an elitist.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 5, 2021 8:07 AM

Aug 2020
Roger1 said:
Another one hahaha It’s mostly because people are voting it 7-9s now that it’s completed. Some are even changing their scores from 10 to 7-9s. Since the overall rating is higher than 9, any vote that is not 10 will lower the score. If you didn’t know, the total increase of 7-9 votes are more or less 2x the increase of 10. If that’s sabotage then the aot fans are sabotaging themselves for not giving it a 10.

Finally, someone smart around here.
Apr 5, 2021 8:26 AM
Sep 2019
Mack_Yeager said:
Theo1899 said:

you have Yeager in your name..., I guess that explains it
Apr 5, 2021 8:28 AM
Dec 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
Theo1899 said:

what????????????
Deathlydash
Apr 5, 2021 8:32 AM

Jul 2020
The only way for the rating to go higher is if a lot of people rated it a 10 when it finished. Yes, most animes do rise up when they finish. But thats only animes atleast under 9. A lot of people were disappointed with season 4 and rated it an 8 or below. Even if someone rated it an 8 the score would still fall.

Even people who enjoyed(such as myself) didn't rate it a 10. Basically, not everyone rated this a 10, so the score is falling.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 5, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
Theo1899 said:

Stop acting weird your making us normal fans look bad.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 5, 2021 8:33 AM
Oct 2020
Generally it’s because fans of other anime’s don’t want their spot to be taken, it’s been a real problem in the anime community, especially with FMAB. I think having high rankings for a certain anime can also ruin the anime for newcomers, people will set their expectations accordingly to the ranking so if newcomers thinks FMAB is overrated and thinks that it’s the best that anime has to offer they might not want to watch anymore anime thinking that anime is just overrated. I remember when your name was #1 for a year but out of the blue your name fell a few ranks. It’s really becoming a toxic environment now, people have lost respect of people’s preferences in anime and their opinions on them. AOT is not an exception to this.
Apr 5, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
Must be the doing of the toxic and desperate FMAB fandom. Aot took the #1 spot from Fmab two times. Every time , The fmab fandom would just start downvoting Aot to push Fmab to #1 again. Then , there are some nitpicking people who just dont want to give a 10 rating. Then there is Mappa hate to add to the mix. All various types of reasons lead to the demotion of Aot.
Apr 5, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 2021
2 things happened. FMAB fans got triggered that they lost the number 1 spot then started spamming 1/10s and also the our fanbase out of nowhere decided that season 3 part 2 is better than season 4 part 1 then started giving season 3 part 2 higher ratings
Apr 5, 2021 9:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mack_Yeager said:
Theo1899 said:

Says filthy casuals, likes AoT.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
cchigu said:
Mack_Yeager said:

Damn dude , you must have a very high taste giving fairy tail a 9 then.
Apr 5, 2021 9:30 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Fiveskies said:
cchigu said:

Of course, my taste is the ultimate pinnacle that you filthy casuals can only dream to achieve.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
cchigu said:
Fiveskies said:

Of course, my taste is the ultimate pinnacle that you filthy casuals can only dream to achieve.

Almost looks laughably ironic , would be if it came from someone else other than you.
Apr 5, 2021 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
1.Well it’s likely the haters who’ve been wanting to give aot a 1 score but waitier until after it’s finished So they’re opinion could seem more valid.
2.Another reason could be aot fans themselves who didn’t like this season for various reasons mostly because of mappa and decided to downvote it and place the season before it higher. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that season 3 part 2 which was in 10th place is suddenly 2nd place.
3.scores don’t get higher after the series is finished it’s usually the opposite actually.
4.Most people score after the series is finished so i didn’t expect it to stay up there when most of the people giving it a 10 when it was airing weren’t really the most sincerest or least biased.
Apr 5, 2021 9:49 AM
Mar 2021
I assume you’re talking about aot supassing fmab, from what I’ve heard aot fans were being toxic and spam rating fmab a 1 while spam rating aot a 10
Apr 5, 2021 9:52 AM
Apr 2020
If FMAB fans are spaming it. Then tell me people who say. "OH IT'S THE FMAB FANS SCAMING IT!" WHY THE HALL IS IT AT 9.18 NOW! IT WAS AT 9.21 BEFORE THE FINAL SEASON STARTED!!!Imbasels!
ChocoKoyokoyo said:
Roger1 said:

Finally, someone smart around here.
Give them a hand for having a brain!
Apr 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Aug 2019
Fiveskies said:
cchigu said:

DAMN BUUUUUUUUURN
Apr 5, 2021 9:58 AM
Nov 2019
I love these threads hahahahaha, more 1s MOOOOOORE 1s
Apr 5, 2021 10:08 AM

Feb 2020
The Score is decreasing like others said because some people changed their score from a 10 to another lower score. To be honest this season wasn't that great and it was way to high to begin with because of bots giving it a 10 from the start. Yes bots did also help lower the score of this season too but it's justified because AoT fans did the same to other anime.
Apr 5, 2021 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
Fiveskies said:
cchigu said:

Why would you post that🤨🤨
Apr 5, 2021 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Maxergamer360 said:
Fiveskies said:

Why would you post that🤨🤨

Why would I post what?
Apr 5, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
Firstly, why should you even care about ratings on a database website? Not like it will affect your enjoyment at all.

Most of the 1s and 10s (or whatever bots have rated) do not affect the total score at all. this problem was fixed last year.

also, please note that if the score should increase, people must rate it a 10, as if they rate it a 9 or 8 or 7, it will only lower the average.

and you know just as well as I do that not everybody regards AOT, especially the fourth season, as a 10/10.
Apr 5, 2021 10:17 AM
Aug 2019
Skale31 said:
I assume you’re talking about aot supassing fmab, from what I’ve heard aot fans were being toxic and spam rating fmab a 1 while spam rating aot a 10

Same thing happened to reverse parts, btw
Apr 5, 2021 10:40 AM

Jan 2020
People are mad that attack on titan has a higher rating than their favorite show. That's my interpretation. Many are just downvoting it to bring it below what they think is a better show or whatever. This score war is really getting lame.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 5, 2021 10:59 AM
Nov 2020
Theo1899 said:
Mack_Yeager said:

Theo1899 said:
Mack_Yeager said:

Well saidWell said, I feel like so many people don’t realise that this is still a shounen.
Apr 5, 2021 11:05 AM
Apr 2020
What's wrong??? The 3rd season pt2 was wayyyy better than this overhyped season imo
and I think it doesn't deserve a place in the top 10 but aight idc
Apr 5, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
it's simple. percentage of 10's went from almost 57 to 51. anyone still crying about other fandoms downvoting, get a life. bots are not counted to the score.
Protesters, assemble!!
Apr 5, 2021 11:18 AM
Aug 2019
DeDeDeath said:
it's simple. percentage of 10's went from almost 57 to 51. anyone still crying about other fandoms downvoting, get a life. bots are not counted to the score.

Why are people still talking about bots? If I rate AoT 10 and FMAB 1, my vote would count because I'm not a bot lol. If many people do this, the rating decreases. It's not just bots, it's fandoms. And that's the reason why FMAB is decreasing now, and AoT S3P2 (not long time ago) and S4 (when it passed FMAB) decreased.

Anyway, S4P1 is decreasing now because of the 7s, 8s and 9s. No other reason other than that.
Apr 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Feb 2021
Dany2100 said:
DeDeDeath said:

Why are people still talking about bots? If I rate AoT 10 and FMAB 1, my vote would count because I'm not a bot lol. If many people do this, the rating decreases. It's not just bots, it's fandoms. And that's the reason why FMAB is decreasing now, and AoT S3P2 (not long time ago) and S4 (when it passed FMAB) decreased.

Anyway, S4P1 is decreasing now because of the 7s, 8s and 9s. No other reason other than that.

some of the 10s and 1s are bots that appear in stats but are not counted in the weighted score, that's all i meant by it. score is going down, because like you said, people are giving it 9/8/7/etc ratings. some users are just too entitled to accept that someone would give it anything other than a 10.
CartoonViolenceApr 5, 2021 12:04 PM
Protesters, assemble!!
Apr 5, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2019
My faith in the taste of anime community is restored.

Season 2 P.2 is the better season, the peak moment of AoT to the date.

As fair it is, that season is still the best rated one.

Justice got served.
Apr 5, 2021 1:39 PM

Jan 2020
Just natural drop over time. It happens

Apr 5, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2020
Roger1 said:
Thank god other people on MAL can think. Blind AOT fans think FMAB fans are nuking the scores even though the amount of 7-9s have drastically increased pots episode 16.
Apr 5, 2021 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
ManWild said:
I don't think a 9.20 to a 9.10 in less than 6 days is natural for a series of this caliber. I've never seen an acclaimed anime go down .1 in a week because people just naturally decided to give it lower scores. One look at the stats makes it obvious what's going on. Watching FMA freaks downvote other shows is like watching a fat guy who was a gold medal runner hit better runners in the leg with a lead pipe and then say "You're not as fast as I once was!"
Apr 5, 2021 2:04 PM
May 2020
Because people are starting to realize the season is objectively not as good all around lmao
Apr 5, 2021 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
Wohh, it seems like the opinions are very diverged about this xD

I forgot to mention in the original post, but I do know that anything less than a 10 lowers the score, but even so, I tought the majority of the fans liked it more, because plot twists, and therefore would give really high rankings. But it seems like there are a lot of people who didn't like this season tha much. Personally, when I give an anime a score, I usually give a anime the same score throughout all of the seasons, unless there is a particular season that was really worse/better (*cough* One Punch Man season 2 *cough*). But seeing people lower the score just because they liked the 3rd Season Part 2 better makes me wonder if they really think this season was weak, or just don't want to give it a 10, just not to be equal to the Part 2 of Season 3, because you can give 2 anime the same score, but you may prefer one over the other. Also, a 10 doesn't necesserally mean the anime is perfect (it can be a 9.5).

But thank you for all the replies! It was nice to see the opinion of all of you! I do agree it was wrong of my part to assume that everyone that was watching would give it a 10. However, someone was saying that some of the 1s and 10s don't count, because they are from bots, but if so, why would they even appear in the stats? That doesn't make sense. Stats are supposed to show the score given to the anime by the users, and therefore should reflect real data.
Apr 5, 2021 4:46 PM
Nov 2020
PokefanPT said:
Wohh, it seems like the opinions are very diverged about this xD

I forgot to mention in the original post, but I do know that anything less than a 10 lowers the score, but even so, I tought the majority of the fans liked it more, because plot twists, and therefore would give really high rankings. But it seems like there are a lot of people who didn't like this season tha much. Personally, when I give an anime a score, I usually give a anime the same score throughout all of the seasons, unless there is a particular season that was really worse/better (*cough* One Punch Man season 2 *cough*). But seeing people lower the score just because they liked the 3rd Season Part 2 better makes me wonder if they really think this season was weak, or just don't want to give it a 10, just not to be equal to the Part 2 of Season 3, because you can give 2 anime the same score, but you may prefer one over the other. Also, a 10 doesn't necesserally mean the anime is perfect (it can be a 9.5).

But thank you for all the replies! It was nice to see the opinion of all of you! I do agree it was wrong of my part to assume that everyone that was watching would give it a 10. However, someone was saying that some of the 1s and 10s don't count, because they are from bots, but if so, why would they even appear in the stats? That doesn't make sense. Stats are supposed to show the score given to the anime by the users, and therefore should reflect real data.

The mods explicitly said that they don’t show the real stats(stats without the bots). That’s why if you manually compute the overall rating using the stats visible to us, it won’t add up. I think they said it’s part of the system to counter bots I’m not sure.
Apr 5, 2021 4:58 PM
Nov 2020
Bayek said:
ManWild said:
I don't think a 9.20 to a 9.10 in less than 6 days is natural for a series of this caliber. I've never seen an acclaimed anime go down .1 in a week because people just naturally decided to give it lower scores. One look at the stats makes it obvious what's going on. Watching FMA freaks downvote other shows is like watching a fat guy who was a gold medal runner hit better runners in the leg with a lead pipe and then say "You're not as fast as I once was!"

It actually makes sense. Since it’s the most popular anime right now, more people rated it within a week compared to other anime. Also as I said, since the rating is higher than 9, ANY score that is not 10 will decrease the total. Only the top 10 anime in MAL reached 9 so you can’t compare aot’s rating to others since if an anime doesn’t reach 9 then 9 votes will increase the total where in aot’s case even 9 will decrease it.
Apr 5, 2021 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
Roger1 said:
Bayek said:

It actually makes sense. Since it’s the most popular anime right now, more people rated it within a week compared to other anime. Also as I said, since the rating is higher than 9, ANY score that is not 10 will decrease the total. Only the top 10 anime in MAL reached 9 so you can’t compare aot’s rating to others since if an anime doesn’t reach 9 then 9 votes will increase the total where in aot’s case even 9 will decrease it.
Well if what you said above is true, there might be a reasonable explanation somewhere along the way. But if you just take the stats page at face value, Final Season has a higher percentage of 10's and a lower percentage of 7-9's than S3P2 AND FMAB. If FMAB is a 9.18 with a lower percentage of 1's, I'm not seeing how it's possible for AoT to be at 9.10 without that large block of 1/10 votes playing a crucial role.

Also, FMAB was 9.25 when I joined MAL. It was 9.22 before AoT started airing in December. A .04 drop in 4 months is nothing short of retaliation.
Apr 5, 2021 5:15 PM
Jan 2021
Bayek said:
Roger1 said:

Well if what you said above is true, there might be a reasonable explanation somewhere along the way. But if you just take the stats page at face value, Final Season has a higher percentage of 10's and a lower percentage of 7-9's than S3P2 AND FMAB. If FMAB is a 9.18 with a lower percentage of 1's, I'm not seeing how it's possible for AoT to be at 9.10 without that large block of 1/10 votes playing a crucial role.

Also, FMAB was 9.25 when I joined MAL. It was 9.22 before AoT started airing in December. A .04 drop in 4 months is nothing short of retaliation.
the stats page also includes bots, if you look at the score it says 9.10 455,338 users only those many votes are considered for the score and the remaning are considered as bots, and so s3p2 has more user votes than s4
Apr 5, 2021 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
shadowdragon007 said:
Bayek said:

the stats page also includes bots, if you look at the score it says 9.10 455,338 users only those many votes are considered for the score and the remaning are considered as bots, and so s3p2 has more user votes than s4
Fair point, I didn't notice that distinction. Still, I'm not convinced that these ranks aren't the results of a score war.
Apr 5, 2021 5:34 PM
Nov 2020
Bayek said:
Roger1 said:

Like the other guy just said, stats page includes bots. Only the mods know the real votes. I won’t deny some of those 1s are downvotes though but the decrease from 9.20 to 9.10 happened cause of 7-9s rather than 1s. The downvote war ended weeks ago(though fmab’s 1s have been increasing more).
Apr 5, 2021 5:58 PM

Apr 2019
i wonder how it got such a high score in the first place...
Apr 5, 2021 6:02 PM
Jan 2021
Bayek said:
shadowdragon007 said:
Fair point, I didn't notice that distinction. Still, I'm not convinced that these ranks aren't the results of a score war.
Every score in the top 10-20 is a result of score war tbh, but aot s4 rating is mostly because of 7-8 score
Apr 5, 2021 8:24 PM
Jul 2019
It was always expected to drop. I expected it to drop to 9.08 or something at one point.

Let's be honest, 9.20 was ridiculous rating. It was never going to stay like this.
Apr 5, 2021 8:51 PM
Nov 2020
samashi20 said:
People are mad that attack on titan has a higher rating than their favorite show. That's my interpretation. Many are just downvoting it to bring it below what they think is a better show or whatever. This score war is really getting lame.
No that's completely false actually, when aot was number 1, it had 12,700 1 votes, now it has 12,800 1 votes, the 1's didn't make a difference, viewers after finishing the series replaced there 10's with 7's, 8's and 9's this can be proven because the number of 10's it got before was 58%, now it's reduced to 50% as many viewers thought that the season was lackluster in some areas.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - 1 hour ago

4 by Tempur_uh »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.