Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 2021 7:19 PM

Dec 2015
A masterclass in both direction and soundtrack. Can't wait to see how they will explain Nanbu's death and how Joe slowly became the nomad.
Apr 4, 2021 7:32 PM

Aug 2019
man that ED is really good, overall I think I’m going to enjoy this more than last season
Apr 4, 2021 7:34 PM

Mar 2019
Clearly, the best series from the ones that already began...

And possibly above the ones that still going to begin...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 4, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
as someone that really liked Megalo Box but felt it lost a lot of steam by the end i was shooked to hear we got a sequel ,so far i like what i've seen of washed up Joe going the nomad life i look forward to seeing how he got to such a awful state.

art and music is still top tier that i can say for sure.
Apr 4, 2021 8:10 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So....that Danpei Tange trainer of Joe was the real one in the end of episode I guess~

Now I am curious why Joe ended up drug addict and washed up like that, did he got traumatic from disabling Rikishi Yuri in previous season? Cant wait to see next episode nevertheless :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 4, 2021 8:18 PM

Apr 2020
Elegant anime style

I am very interested to know what parts of ashita no joe they intend to do the rereading in this season, I already liked the writing of the first ep.
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 4, 2021 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
Can't remember of any anime that has a song in spanish in one of its episodes, me gustó la canción, como la usaron y el momento en que la usaron.
I went full blind on this one, a little bit skeptical but the heart and the punch of Ashita no Joe is there.
This has to be good, I'm praying anime gods for that to be truth
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 4, 2021 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
This shit feel like watching creed 1, you just see a continuation only to see this character down on the absolute worst of it.

Absolutely phenomenal episode all around.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 2021 9:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Didn't felt like a second season was necessary when it was announced but after that first episode, I'm goddamn glad that its back.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 4, 2021 11:21 PM

Jul 2016
So Nanbu most likely died and Joe's fighting spirit went to shit due to that, huh? Wonder what happened with Sachio now...

Quite strong start overall. Not gonna lie, I think Megalo Box's S1 didn't need a sequel since its ending was already conclusive enough but given this new much somber approach, I have some hopes this continuation can actually be good. Especially since I wasn't a fan of S1's writing with Joe basically being an MC with plot-armor instead of Gear. Not to mention my man Yuri getting crippled for no apparent reason.
Apr 4, 2021 11:58 PM

Nov 2020
First ep couldn’t have been much better, almost everything was perfect. Sad to see joe in such a sorry state, but then again, it’s gonna be so cool to see his transformation back into the true gearless joe. If I were to nitpick, the only negative in my opinion was the ending. There was nothing bad about it, it’s just that it wasn’t my style and i definitely preferred the S1 ending over this one.
Apr 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was a damn great start, also really depressing. I really liked the happy ending of the first season, was very sad when I saw how depressing the trailer was. But after watching that first episode, I can tell that this has the potential to be even better than the first season. This season definitely has even more Hispanic influence than the first season, from the soundtrack to the ED to Chief, it's pretty cool. Really looking forward to the next episode, definitely one of the best premiers this season so far.
Apr 5, 2021 6:10 AM
Jan 2019
FurySlasher said:
Where have you guys been watching this, cos I’m eager to see it but can’t find a decent website

Actually its on youtube
Apr 5, 2021 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode. Interesting chars again - I like it. Let's see how the plot develops here and what plans the script/story writer has for Gearless Joe (Nomad).
Did Chief already appaer in season 1? Can't really remember him.

But I think the one at the beginning of episode 1 of this season 2 that saw Joe on the screen ... was him?
Apr 5, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
Although it's just this one Episode...

It seem like it's gonna be more than just a good Underdog-Story this time around.

Looks like it's going for the depth I was missing in the first season.
Like the Dark/Tragic Route they're taking with Joe.
Apr 5, 2021 1:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Nomad: Megalo Box 2 takes place five years after Joe's big fight with Yuri. Now he's back in the underground fighting scene doing random fights with his gear except he's not doing fixed matches this time. We don't know what happened to Nanbu, Joe is having hallucinations of him and he's using the pills to make the pain go away. The pills are not making Joe feel any better as he's constantly vomiting everywhere. I think this season will focus on the transition from Gearless Joe to Nomad Joe. It will also touch on how a fighter can easily fall from grace after reaching the top and how Joe will face his inner demons while being at rock bottom.
Apr 5, 2021 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
Quite a good and interesting 1st Video.

This Episode did a good job Making us Wonder just what Happened to Gearless Joe with the Hallucinations, Painkillers and etc.
Plus him Burying the Wolf that represented Gearless Joe was quite strong as well since it kinda says that the old gearless Joe is dead.
Plus what happened to Nanbu? did he die and does Joe feel Guilty about it?

All in all a good episode.

oh and all that Spanish music was just Great :)
Apr 5, 2021 4:17 PM

Sep 2020
Joe graduated from rap and now he's into Spanish guitar!
Apr 5, 2021 7:07 PM

Dec 2018
Haven't watched a boxing anime In a long time. Maybe the painkiller addict can regain hes former glory

I like the animations . It looks nostalgic =P

Yuri-CrusaderApr 5, 2021 7:13 PM
Apr 5, 2021 7:21 PM

Mar 2009
A part of me has always been like, did this really need another season? Well, god damn. Based on this impeccably directed episode, it clearly did. Hasn't missed a beat. Nice to have Megalo Box back.
Apr 5, 2021 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
thiago52192 said:
A masterclass in both direction and soundtrack. Can't wait to see how they will explain Nanbu's death and how Joe slowly became the nomad.

Has me hooked straight away, just like the last season.
Apr 5, 2021 11:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It hurts to see Joe like that after 7 years doing drugs and alcohol, but I'm sure he will be saved... anyway this first episode was great, it seems to be even better than S1 so far, I can't wait to see the next one now
Apr 6, 2021 1:16 AM
Sep 2018
It's really good to se REAL 2D art at it's best!
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Apr 6, 2021 6:25 AM
Nov 2020
I guess I'm getting confused about what I remembered from season 1 (when I watched it three years ago), but didn't Nanbu get seriously maimed? I think he either got his other eye destroyed (and thus became blind) or seriously crippled. And now we see him in season 2, which takes place seven years later, and it looks like he's okay ...huh?

edit: oh, didn't realize that was just an illusion of Nanbu to keep his sanity in check ...oof!
kuwangpaApr 6, 2021 6:28 AM
Apr 6, 2021 6:55 AM
Jan 2021
What the Hell, heard nothing about the sequel until the first episode comes out and it's better the entirety of the first seasson.
Apr 6, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2014
i'm the only one who thinks that Chief have some kind of parallelism with Carlos Rivera of Ashita no Joe? I'm assume that both can share a similar role in the history, making that the protagonist comeback to the world of professional boxing.
Apr 6, 2021 3:22 PM
May 2009
Luthandorius said:

Did Chief already appaer in season 1? Can't really remember him.

Could be Pepe Iglesias, he fits the description (former high level Megal Boxer, speaking spanish, and he looks like a older version of him kinda)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnSWxa7NUdM
Apr 6, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
And the unecessary, mean spirited, cash grab sequel to one of the best anime of 2018 finally arrives.
Apr 6, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 2015
Welcome back to the fixed fights in basements Enjoy your drugs Joe
Apr 6, 2021 10:44 PM
Apr 2015
Great 1st episode. Not sure what happened in the 7 years time skip. We now have a Joe (now known as Nomad) that is constantly on drug/meds, trying to get over some past. Can sense a feel of helplessness and pain coming from Nomad as he continue to fight in some low elo rings.
I guess this 2nd season will be about finding out what happened in these 7 years and Nomad finding his feet again to become the Joe he once was. Can't wait to see how Nomad climbs out of his rock bottom. Hopefully we will have a season as good as the first one.
Apr 7, 2021 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
Ultimately cool start. This episode reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. The title fits current Joe.
I don't know what happened to Joe and why he keeps Nomad name. Anyways, I love it more than first season so far. ED song is banger.
Apr 7, 2021 5:30 AM
Sep 2015
Holy shit this gave me chills. The intensity and emotion. The atmosphere. This is looking to be even better than season 1 if it keeps up this quality!

Cannot wait to see what happened to cause Joe to fall this hard, other than the death of his trainer from season 1, because that is clearly a ghost haunting someone who feels guilt. This is actually so exciting! 5/5 episode
Apr 7, 2021 10:49 AM
Mar 2016
What an episode! Darker, serious, mature. Wow, just wow!! Im hyped all the way to follow the season!
Apr 7, 2021 12:40 PM

Mar 2018
never knew how much i wanted a 2nd season until it was announced and this first episode did not dissapoint

this looks like its gonna be even grittier than s1 and im all for it

love the art style and animation too it just gives this show a feel different to the rest

joe with a beard looks soo good hope he keeps it this season when he sobers up

wonder if the guy at the beginning of the episode was that dude he fought or the new main contender?
Apr 7, 2021 8:19 PM

Jul 2020
Hell yessss!!!! Im beyond happy that Chief is a parallel to Carlos from ashita no joe. It's exactly what Ive been hoping and wishing for! couldnt be better!
Apr 7, 2021 8:21 PM

Jul 2020
Hell yesssss!! Im beyond ecstatic that we got a Chief to parallel Carlos, A Carlos parallel is exactly what Ive been hoping and wishing for since I watched season 1! couldnt be better!
Apr 7, 2021 10:36 PM

Aug 2016
I'm proud that my native Spanish language is in an anime ending :)
Apr 8, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Wasn't quite as impressive as the start of the first season, but I'm hyped that this is back and I'm interested to see the direction.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2021 11:25 AM

May 2017
I really like the ending song, it fits perfectly
Apr 9, 2021 2:28 AM

May 2016
The vibe and setting are so far perfect to me hope it keeps me busy during this spring.
5/5
Apr 9, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
More and more I think about this aniem is just the Raging Bull but in aniem form. Joe is now suffering from chronic pain and shot confidence. What's next? He hangs himself at the end of things? This shit is going to be depressing. At least we know his confidence got shot because of an exhibition match. I wonder what happened to his trainer.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 9, 2021 1:43 PM

Oct 2014
Season 1 was good. Season 2... it looks like it has the potential to be better.
Let's see how this goes.
Apr 11, 2021 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
what an amazing start. this is what anime is supposed to be like, this story telling style reminds me of the good ol days when art flourished through anime. ost is very good too, this series might even be better than it's prequel. excited for the new sequel.
Apr 12, 2021 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
pretty interesting new setup, guess the anime is starting to live up to its name, i'll be looking forward to this redemption arc then.
Apr 12, 2021 2:03 AM

Dec 2014
I am rather disappointed on the plot, seems like they decided to skip the vital content to the later plot.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 12, 2021 6:17 AM

Nov 2013
lol just no, i don't really feel like watching him like this
maybe i'll pick it up when the season ends, but for now... dropped
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Sep 2020
What a poor "homage" to the OG Joe. This is laughable how they try to jam pack all the tropes about the "tortured badass fighter" into one single ep....

Grow a beard: check
Drug abuse/alcohol abuse: check
Psych issue, constant anger and tortured: check
Obligatory bike: check
Badass symbolism i.e scarred wolf: check
Ripped jean: check

Surprised they don't put a cig on his mouth to complete the look. Was bored out of my mind as much as when I watched that overly masculine Wolverine movie or play those hipster Geralt of Rivia games

OG Joe has never had any of these petty issues, he may be a jerk but he never tries this hard to look badass lol

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Apr 14, 2021 1:00 AM

May 2015
Godlike Soundtrack
Apr 14, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
I loved the Spanish flair with the OSTs and the ED song sounding really nice and slightly dark at the same time given the season taking a more depressing tone of the life of Junk Dog, years after he dominated the Megalo Boxing scene and became Champion and now a drug addict who's haunted clearly by the ghosts of his past.

The way Junk Dog was presented did feel very cheesy, having a beard, ripped up clothes, drug addict seeing ghosts of his past, definitely following the troupes there while not quite feeling as genuine as how I've seen themes like these in other shows, but it's definitely a more interesting narrative compared to the first season at least, which isn't the highest of bars tbh.
Apr 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Mar 2019
At last, one of the best anime series in recent years comes back. Loved the first season which ended well but judging by the quality of this first episode of season 2, i'm ready for more, stellar soundtrack just like last time.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2021

126 by Belsel »»
Apr 17, 10:45 AM

» Where is Sachio going exactly?

fitSuhaimi - Jun 30, 2021

3 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

154 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

63 by Dumb »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:48 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2021

55 by Dumb »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.