Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is the Best Wasted Code Geass Girl?
Apr 3, 2021 6:27 PM
Feb 2021
This is going to be heavily lopsided because only one of the characters who was unceremoniously killed for shock value actually got some depth later, but I hope to spread some awareness about these characters and encourage their resurrection--or a full-on rewrite so Suzaku actually stays likable, even if he was dumb for the entire series. Well, at least poor Liliana is alive in the alt universe. But Kallen is still a petty, bad-tempered brat who I hated for the entire series anyway. Luciano was the only threat there, Kallen! I think that Dorothea is the most attractive of all of them, but Monica was such a pure and gentle soul. 😭 It wouldn't make sense for Suzaku to only spare Gino when it is canon that Monica was also unprejudiced and Dorothea no doubt faced discrimination as well. That's what happens when you don't think to flesh dead characters out until years later. . . .
VaguelyweebishApr 3, 2021 6:31 PM
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Apr 4, 2021 7:50 AM
Jun 2020
I’m sorry but I don’t actually remember any of them. (Even though code geass is my fav anime)
Apr 4, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2020
Lol idk I literally don't remember any of these names
Apr 4, 2021 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
I love kallen,so pretty,bad ass,and loyal.
Apr 4, 2021 3:29 PM
Feb 2021
magicmicah21 said:
I love kallen,so pretty,bad ass,and loyal.
And she never grows beyond that, like being compassionate and understanding. It's implied that she is just as racist against Britannians as many Britannians are against other races.
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Apr 4, 2021 3:30 PM
Feb 2021
Bengofo said:
Lol idk I literally don't remember any of these names
Look them up, then. They need to be brought back. I doubt Bismarck could have furloughed his allegiance to the emperor, but Monica and Dorothea very likely could. And if not, that's what Lelouch's Geass is for. Oo, another plot hole. And the fact that they were loyal to a dead emperor is incredibly stupid and was done just to get rid of some potentially interesting characters before the show ended.
VaguelyweebishApr 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Jun 11, 2021 9:45 PM
Feb 2021
prowatcherer said:
I’m sorry but I don’t actually remember any of them. (Even though code geass is my fav anime)
Monica and Dorothea were two Knights of the Round who were killed by Suzaku when they tried to depose Lelouch after he took over. As there was interaction between at least Monica and Suzaku, it is reasonable to assume that they were friends. The writers seemed to think that just because they barely got any screen time, we wouldn't care about them. But I was having a hard time remembering who Gino was since he was only in two or three scenes before this moment that made me suddenly despise my favorite character of the series. The writers also seemed to forgot the target demographic of the series, and now Monica and Dorothea have become some cult favorite waifus. (I really don't know why the fandom is so obsessed with CC and Kallen when their designs are unremarkable and at least Kallen is gratingly unlikable.) Liliana was a 15-year-old pilot who was murdered by Kallen when she was tied up around Lelouch with her friends, who were all implied to be abused by Luciano Bradley.

Jun 11, 2021 9:46 PM
Feb 2021
prowatcherer said:
Edit, they were not abused but were far too young to be fighting, anyway. My reviews for both seasons should tell you why I feel so strongly about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.