Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2021 3:26 AM

Apr 2021
Just caught up with the manga today and I'm disappointed how Rei-Hinata relationship progressed. I just disliked the whole romance idea between them, anybody thinks the same ?
Apr 3, 2021 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
I ate the spoiler on purpose.

Anyways looks like what I feared has come true. Never going near this series anymore. Thanks for the save.
Apr 3, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2016
what, you wanted Rei to stay with the bigger sister or something?
Muscular girls connoisseur.
Apr 8, 2021 9:59 AM

Sep 2018
In most countries of the First World it's not rare for teenage girls to have sex with guys a bit older, some even in their 20s. It isn't illegal either. I'm not saying I approve any of this, I'm just stating the facts.

Compared to the reality, Rei and Hinata's much purer relationship isn't scandalous at all.
Apr 9, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
It doesn’t bother me.
I guess this issue seems to be a cultural thing.
An around 3 and a half year age gap is not that uncommon or absurd in my country (Brazil).
Add to that the fact we know Rei on a very deep level, so we know how pure he is, he is not taking advantage of her, never would.
They have a very teen, almost innocent relationship.
Apr 11, 2021 1:34 AM
Sep 2019
People acting like Rei is dating her because he's a pedo or something completely ignoring the situation of Rei wanting to protect Hinata from her dad etc
Apr 11, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2017
I don't have that much of a problem regarding the ages, but I do find it very uninteresting and boring. Don't really know why, but it does feel like the pacing slows to a crawl when it focuses on Rei and Hina. I kinda wish there wasn't any romance in this, even though I prefer it in most series. The other relationships like Sensei x Akari and Shimada x Akari aren't much better imo.
Apr 13, 2021 7:06 AM

Aug 2018
What the fuck is wrong with y'all?

Oh my God...
-On my way to make you confess-

Apr 16, 2021 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
Since you are offering a discussion, you could at least explain what you don't like about this romantic relationship. Instead of complaining for no reason, be expressive for God's sake
Apr 24, 2021 6:55 AM

May 2016
ThePiiemaker said:
What the fuck is wrong with y'all?

Oh my God...

Preach it, brother! :' )

Rei's and Hina's relationship has developed organically. They have been each other's main support though the years. Rei's declaration in front of the family and her father was a shogi move, even though he felt that way deep down.

This manga is more about life and living life the best way one can, shogi is secondary, IMO.

"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 4, 2021 12:11 PM
Jan 2015
One of the most real love histories I have seen in manga, what do you see wrong in it?
Like it usually is rush as fuck and makes no sense how they love each other and here you see perfectly why it's happening. Also cutting all the "ooh we both love each other but better not say it" that is so frustrating.
Also the age... I supose Hina is 15-16 and Rei is 19, do you think 4 years is that much? And they have pure love, not a physical thing.
I don't know what you wanted from this manga.
Oct 21, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
don't care about the age thing because it's fucking fiction, but for some weird reason I didn't want them to romance? Or It's not something I sought out for? I don't mind it, but It's a bit odd imo. It'll grow on me probably.
Oct 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2019
responding bout upper comment in this thread

/ah yea, the woke-twitter generation. clearly its just teen romance and theres nothing wrong about it. since rei also didnt use her or else tho.

-----------

based on op manga preference. seems like op want to see both rei and hinata just into ecchi and sexually scene fast as possible. but the manga has its slow-paced story - pure romance between 2 teenager. so yes, its really dissapointment for ya right?
Oct 25, 2021 2:23 PM

Mar 2019
So even though Hina looks super young, she happens to be a small 15-16 teenager while Rei is already 18 on his third year. And with this kind of manga, who wouldn't have expected a romance in this story? You don't know the author at all from Honey & Clover. She always has drawn life and romance manga. Unfortunately for all the perverts out there, it's only vanilla.
CinaGingerOct 25, 2021 2:28 PM
Nov 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2018
People get butthurt even when the age gap is only 2-3 years apart (yes I'm referring to callmecarson's case). Just stfu and enjoy the show. Besides, It's not like the age gap is 15+ years apart Jesus Christ.
Nov 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Nov 2021
I agree rei and hina were good as siblings / family without being blood related . Everyone got the right to like something or no , age gap not a problem tho but i understand where you are coming from with how hina is portrayed at the beginning .
Nov 29, 2021 5:36 AM

Nov 2018
Lol ppl are barking about age gap this and that.
But they're not seeing this is rushed af and before saying they're 4 yrs apart. One is kid, a middle schooler, other one is final year high school student.
Even if you see this much, this is weird af.
And all these bitches are digesting it as some sweet syrup.
I'm not against it but damn there's proper time for everything. If hinata was 20 and rei was 24 then yeah this is much better, at least both of them would be adult.
But nah instead of keeping it as bro sis relationship, author just jumped into marriage.
So hell yeah op I'm against it.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Nov 29, 2021 10:04 AM
Feb 2014
A lot of fans love it, some don’t.
I have no problems with the relationship, I like how it was handled in the story.
The author took her time and built it up throughout the series with care. It’s a fun and comforting romance and I can’t wait to see more of them together in the future.
Feb 15, 2022 4:03 PM

Jul 2017
I'm reading that portion currently and while I don't dislike the idea of them being a thing, the execution feels way too clumsy and weird for me to really buy into the relationship. A lot of things after season 2's portion in the manga just feels awkward and off for me personally for some reason.
Nov 9, 2022 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
_aLiez_LIN said:

But nah instead of keeping it as bro sis relationship, author just jumped into marriage.

Rei have no love experience and have no ulterior motives other than to protect Hina - author and older characters are ridiculing such his move openly. Rei just doesn’t know how to say about his feelings otherwise.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 206 Discussion

tywhoppity - Mar 21

3 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 205 Discussion

Jabpi - Dec 7, 2023

7 by blinddig »»
Mar 14, 6:04 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 204 Discussion

tywhoppity - Nov 10, 2023

2 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 16, 7:46 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 203 Discussion

tywhoppity - Oct 26, 2023

4 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 16, 7:44 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 202 Discussion

tywhoppity - Aug 24, 2023

5 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 16, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.