Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2021 2:55 AM
Jun 2020
Okay. I don’t understand why people hated it it either,,like-
Was it that bad yall I- cmon
Apr 3, 2021 3:34 AM
Jul 2019
Loved the first episode, TMS are doing great job with the animation part I like how they explain technical part of the sport. Actually I wanted them to go on more depth of the sport more strategical aspect of the sport. It would be more fun if they include real life moves Toe touch, frog jumb, scorpion kick,dupki, dash, chain tackle,etc.
Looking forward for the incoming episodes
Apr 3, 2021 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
I thought the first episode was okay, I gave it a 5/10. The characters were average, but I did like Tatsuya and Souma. Tatsuya because he played soccer and Souma because of his work ethic. I'll probably continue watching the anime, but the upcoming episodes need to be better if I want to stay until the end. Besides, I still don't understand the sport, kind of like how I didn't understand Hanebado's badminton at first. At least, I instantly liked the ending theme.
Apr 3, 2021 3:49 AM
Sep 2020
Yeah first episode was great
Apr 3, 2021 4:08 AM
May 2020
Very promising start. Looking forward for how it will go on from now.
Apr 3, 2021 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
Hated it vote at 78.92% lmfao, bots are on fire
Apr 3, 2021 4:26 AM

May 2020
Really a wonderful episode. 5/5 for me.
The characters gave me a bit of Haikyu vibe.
The animation was also good.
Apr 3, 2021 5:10 AM

Jun 2014
Gosh this is such a retarded sport, I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to adapt this shit.
:3
Apr 3, 2021 5:12 AM
Dec 2020
PongoBeast said:
Where did you people find this anime. My usual websites dont have it (yet) and i dont want to wait
i saw it on animerush, it's also on gogoanime
Apr 3, 2021 5:32 AM

Sep 2018
I had no expectations, but I loved this episode; I already like Yoigoshi.
Apr 3, 2021 5:36 AM
Feb 2021
alpha_shadow said:
Gosh this is such a retarded sport, I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to adapt this shit.

Instead of bashing this sports anime that clearly will not be for everyone's cup of tea, there's the option to drop quietly.

Plus, there's no such thing as a retarded sport. And don't you dare say chess is another example of it! 😠
Apr 3, 2021 5:45 AM

Jun 2014
writerRichieK said:
alpha_shadow said:

Instead of bashing this sports anime that clearly will not be for everyone's cup of tea, there's the option to drop quietly.

Plus, there's no such thing as a retarded sport. And don't you dare say chess is another example of it! 😠

All sports are retarded to be honest, if that makes you feel any better, that's how I feel at least. Kabaddi just takes the cake for how dumb it is. There's also the option where I leave a forum post where I share what I felt after watching this.
alpha_shadowApr 3, 2021 5:53 AM
Apr 3, 2021 5:55 AM

Sep 2020
alpha_shadow said:
I assume you never even heard about kabbadi as of today ,you sound like a kid who want too much attention, before posting anything stupid think twice
Apr 3, 2021 5:58 AM

Jun 2014
Amalik0029 said:
alpha_shadow said:
I assume you never even heard about kabbadi as of today ,you sound like a kid who want too much attention before posting anything stupid think twice

I've actually known about this manga's existence for a few years now, which to be fair, is a longer time than you've even been an anime fan tbh. The only context where I enjoyed this "sport" was where it was basically mocked in the Chio-chan manga, since it was used for a comedic effect type of thing.
Apr 3, 2021 6:03 AM
Feb 2021
Amalik0029 said:
alpha_shadow said:
I assume you never even heard about kabbadi as of today ,you sound like a kid who want too much attention before posting anything stupid think twice

You got that right. Saying "All sports are retarded." is like he believes doing them will make you more stupid than doing nothing at all.

That's why genres exists in the anime/manga/LN world because everyone has different tastes. Bashing one's genre is like doing voodoo on the one loving that genre.

Sure there's a genre I least like but that doesn't mean I've the right to go bashing that said genre and calling it "retarded".

I just avoid watching or drop the genre quietly. Bashing a genre you dislike that could be someone's favourite is childish/immature I say.
Apr 3, 2021 6:28 AM

Sep 2008
The voice cast being amazing coupled with the fact it's a sports series made this a must try for me. And so far, I like it a lot just going by this first episode. Simple explanation of the rules, easy to get into, distinct characters. Will be interesting to see more advance plays through the show. Always happy to learn about new sports.

Okamoto's character looking a little crazy like a gremlin that hasn't slept for years, and Takepi's character being obsessed with muscles checks out. Glad they're both voicing in the main team, looking forward to their performance.
♥ Golden Kamuy ~ Prince of Tennis ~ King of Prism ~ FKMT ~ MDZS ♥
💖 Hopelessly and shamelessly in love with your local animanga villains 💖
✨ Ossan Connoisseur ~ Megane enthusiast ~ Muscle appreciator ✨
Apr 3, 2021 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Kabaddi is probably one of the most intense sport ,you will know what I mean if you have watched pro Kabaddi or the world championships. I love Kabaddi and the fact that an anime is introducing it to so many ppl makes me happy. The first episode was a good start and knowing Kabaddi,this anime can reach gr8 heights just by having intense matches,the character development can act as toppings. Looking forward to it
Apr 3, 2021 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
alpha_shadow said:

That's sad, This is an anime and it's first episode at that so Kabaddi might not seem that nice to you,But as a Kabaddi fan I can assure you how good Kabaddi can be😃😃. Of course everybody has preferences,you have yours and I have mine,but still what you said hit a bit hard😅😅. That's y some ppl are angry😅😅.
Apr 3, 2021 7:19 AM

Sep 2020
alpha_shadow said:
Amalik0029 said:

I've actually known about this manga's existence for a few years now, which to be fair, is a longer time than you've even been an anime fan tbh. The only context where I enjoyed this "sport" was where it was basically mocked in the Chio-chan manga, since it was used for a comedic effect type of thing.
smart guy you love kabbadi when it is playing by big boobs loli ,then this anime is not for you I suppose 😌
Apr 3, 2021 7:25 AM

Jun 2016
Kabaddi is such a bizarre sport, it kind of seems impossible to take seriously. This ep, however, showed that there is a competitive aspect too it. Truly fascinating. It was an okay first ep, tho I don't see it getting much better.
A-Simple-SquireApr 20, 2021 5:06 AM

Apr 3, 2021 8:22 AM
Feb 2021
Amalik0029 said:
alpha_shadow said:

smart guy you love kabbadi when it is playing by big boobs loli ,then this anime is not for you I suppose 😌

Well said! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Apr 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2009
That was funny, why the bad scores, I laughed so hard, I think it has potential! *thumbs up* Looking forward to this series, I'm curious about the captain's personality. ^^
Apr 3, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2019
RayReynolds said:

I didn't expect this to be good, but good lord, it's almost fascinating just for how badly put together it is. The main character is a misanthropic streamer who's also a famous former soccer player. He is desired by all the sports clubs and constantly being harassed to join them and always says no, but is terrified that people find out he streams, AND immediately jumps to any and all taunts. He's also bribed by the dude creating a handful of fake accounts because this will be how he hits the big time. It's like both they know nothing about the internet, nor expect their audience to know anything about it either.

The idiocy carries over to the bits where they're playing kabaddi too. They go to this big explanation of how you need to tag someone and then quickly run away, which is followed by demonstrating it. The demonstration has STRUGGLE blasted across screen, then the guys tagged simply stand there and declare "Oh, we're in struggle now. We are now supposed to stop him from getting back to his side." I'm serious. They just stand there and re-explain the rules of the game to each other. This thing happens over and over. It's possible the creators don't really understand the game either and just glommed onto "STRUGGLE" as something they could slap on screen in a still before calling it a day.

I get what you are saying, and partly agree with it, but the creators do need to introduce a game which is fairly unheard of. And if that is slightly dramatic, it's ok, It is an anime after all.
Apr 3, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2016
A good first episode, and I'm definitely gonna stay for this one if it keeps staying on this level. I thought the animation on the trailer looked kinda off, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that this had actually decent animation.

To be honest, I've liked playing games like tag and dodgeball since I was little, so I think I'm gonna like this anime, as kabaddi has some elements of tag and dodging in it. That, and the hot muscle bois. Definitely looking forward for some fanservice if there is some lol
Apr 3, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2020
Good anime characters and OP. What.... I thought that bold man in the opening is saitama lmao
AhrumApr 3, 2021 9:28 AM

Apr 3, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
really and an interesting sport, I hope the matches are good.
Apr 3, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2015
It was an ok episode but I wasn't interested in this sport in the first place, seems kinda annoying to me. I thought maybe the anime itself could be interesting because I like sports anime in general, but no, the whole situation felt somewhat random, I didn't really like any of the characters and the set up to force someone into the team is meh.
Apr 3, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2020
I swear I’ll watching anything with Yuuma. And that voice cast. Nobu, Furukawa Makoto, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, even Ayu, wtf is this voice cast!!!!! Sure-watch for me. They fit the characters really well. Especially Makoto, I can see why he was cast as Iura lol

Didn’t think I’ll like the character designs that much but I’m living for Yoigoshi......look at them thiccccc thighs. He’s hot. A hot......dork.....L O L @ how serious he is about his live-streaming lol

Omg I was laughing when Yoigoshi was like “don’t introduce yourselves.......” LOL!!! What a fun first episode & introduction to the sport. Excited for more & Nobu’s character. The ED by Yuuma is great too♡

Hope it doesn’t turn into a typical, mediocre & forgettable seasonal sports anime like what skate leading stars & wave were last seasonI have hope in this. Seems like fun!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 3, 2021 10:33 AM

May 2020
The animation was def not that great. But Kabaddi was something I've loved playing since a young age with friends. And it's interesting to see it having an anime adaptation.

Definitely seems like it's going to be a fun watch. Hope I stick till the end.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 3, 2021 12:21 PM
Jun 2020
PongoBeast said:
Where did you people find this anime. My usual websites dont have it (yet) and i dont want to wait

Gogoanime, there’s no anime that wouldn’t be there
Apr 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2018
There was so many still shot with impact frames over them. Looks like it will be the sort of show that made on a budget
_______I like rocks__
Apr 3, 2021 3:15 PM

Nov 2019
"Date Shinji" reminds me of "Gyoumei Himejima / Kimetsu no Yaiba"
Apr 3, 2021 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
Nice first episode, kinda basic for a sports anime just introducing characters but the sport seems very interesting so I’m excited to see where the show goes.
Apr 3, 2021 8:22 PM
Sep 2016
Why so much hate? It is a sports anime so if don't like sports then don't watch it
Apr 3, 2021 11:15 PM
Mar 2021
It was not the most mind blowing first episode, nor was it extremely entertaining or anything. This does not mean i will not watch the next episode, the characters were nice and likeable, and the fact that it is a show about Kabaddi was what will keep my interest unless they ruin it somehow.
I am excited to see what is going to happen next.
Apr 3, 2021 11:30 PM
Feb 2021
This sports series really has loads of potential and first episode is really rewatchable in terms of tonal balance shift and relatable characters, especially Yoigoshi who gave up sports because of jealousy and the coaches always wanting perfect skills just because he's a prodigy/genius in sports. Of course additional eccentric & determined characters are a plus for a great watch.

Animation quality may not be great at most times, but it's at least consistent with the BGM music and well-written basic dialogue.

And the sports Kabaddi is explained better especially the chanting being used for stopwatch method unlike other series making a joke of it being a Buddhist-like prayer chant.

Trivia: ED theme song is sung by Yoigoshi's VA which you won't believe it's the same person having the soothing singing voice & rough talking voice at same time. 😅😊
Apr 4, 2021 12:29 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have to admit that I never heard of Kabaddi. It seems lit its a physical version of tag mixed with some elements of Rugby in terms of tackling your opponent. I wish they had this sport at my school because it looks like some thing I could excel in since I used to wrestle in high school.
Apr 4, 2021 12:48 AM
Aug 2016
What's with the 1K plus 1/5 ratings? It wasn't really that bad of an episode lol
Apr 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Feb 2020
Ok i'm not expecting this anime to be good... damn this first Ep was nice.. first I was like 'ok ITS pretty decent so far and then they're explain the game and boy it sound fun. But we'll see if the actual sport would be that good.
Apr 4, 2021 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Koustubh said:
What's with the 1K plus 1/5 ratings? It wasn't really that bad of an episode lol

They are bots. MAL is having an issue lately.
Apr 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Aug 2016
blahblah1000 said:
Koustubh said:

They are bots. MAL is having an issue lately.

Hmm... Sounds kinda problematic. Anyway, let's hope MAL fixes it in the future.
Apr 4, 2021 5:35 AM
Jul 2014
Didn't expect anything from this, but the first ep was great. Looking forward to the next ones.
Apr 4, 2021 6:15 AM

Oct 2008
kabaddi? ... oh the indian contact team sport? ... this is gonna be good for sure!
5/5.

Apr 4, 2021 7:26 AM

Nov 2018
I abso-fucking-lutely loved the first episode! It's amazing that I, as an Indian, get to watch this anime based on Kabaddi, but it also sucks that no freaking one has licensed it to simulcast here in India, so I'm sorry I have to watch it on illegal streaming sites.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Apr 4, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
The OP payed so much attention to the black haired shota that I was quite confused about who the protagonist was.

This isn't good, but it's fun.

I kind of don't like the outlines of the drawings. They seem so digital and lifeless. I hope I get used to it.
Apr 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
Cool that there's an anime about Kabaddi, but bizarre that people in India can't even watch it streaming legally. Nice job, Crunchyroll! As always.

Was a pretty good first episode. The jokes with Yoigoshi's stream made me laugh a few times. The streaming life is a hard one...
Apr 4, 2021 7:01 PM
Oct 2019
I kind of found the first episode really cringy
Apr 4, 2021 7:52 PM
Jan 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
veemon23 said:
So much hate for this show and it's only episode 1 lol... it's not amazing or great, but it was a fun watch. Learning about a sport I never heard of it or played. I don't like sports anime I play lol... so I usually more open to ones I don't do.

That's not hate. That is "Bots At Work".

Is there anyway to stop bots

Apr 4, 2021 11:04 PM
Apr 2016
Hivoldep42 said:
RayReynolds said:

I didn't expect this to be good, but good lord, it's almost fascinating just for how badly put together it is. The main character is a misanthropic streamer who's also a famous former soccer player. He is desired by all the sports clubs and constantly being harassed to join them and always says no, but is terrified that people find out he streams, AND immediately jumps to any and all taunts. He's also bribed by the dude creating a handful of fake accounts because this will be how he hits the big time. It's like both they know nothing about the internet, nor expect their audience to know anything about it either.

The idiocy carries over to the bits where they're playing kabaddi too. They go to this big explanation of how you need to tag someone and then quickly run away, which is followed by demonstrating it. The demonstration has STRUGGLE blasted across screen, then the guys tagged simply stand there and declare "Oh, we're in struggle now. We are now supposed to stop him from getting back to his side." I'm serious. They just stand there and re-explain the rules of the game to each other. This thing happens over and over. It's possible the creators don't really understand the game either and just glommed onto "STRUGGLE" as something they could slap on screen in a still before calling it a day.

I get what you are saying, and partly agree with it, but the creators do need to introduce a game which is fairly unheard of. And if that is slightly dramatic, it's ok, It is an anime after all.

At least you can see the drama. The fluff of the post you replied to might have drowned in the pretentiousness of its message.
Apr 4, 2021 11:12 PM
Apr 2016
alpha_shadow said:
writerRichieK said:

All sports are retarded to be honest, if that makes you feel any better, that's how I feel at least. Kabaddi just takes the cake for how dumb it is. There's also the option where I leave a forum post where I share what I felt after watching this.

"I hate X genre and my time is so valuable I will watch X genre even though I think X genre is "retarded" I am big brain".
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 21, 2021

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2021

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.