Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, I thought this episode is kinda funny with the amount of character personalities.

Tatsuya in particular caught my attention but the rest of the guys all have som presence, like Souma. There's game mechanics explained about Kabaddi so new fans won't be left in the dark. I had most fun seeing both Tatsuya and Souma in action.

Entertaining start imo. It's also one of the few sports anime this year.
Apr 2, 2021 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Well, that's one way of introducing a famous soccer player-turned-NEET Tatsuya Yoigoshi into the world of the Bangladeshi sport that is Kabaddi.

And truth be told, Kabaddi might look like a game of tag, but it's more than just that alone.

A really great start introducing and teaching us the world of Kabaddi.
Apr 2, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2019
As a person who've seen and played this sport personally, I can say they did a pretty good job of explaining things and rules about the sport. Gotta let the viewers know how the stuff works. Funny to see different individuals with different temperament. Tatsuya especially caught my attention the most.
Since this sport is so underrated and barely anyone even know about this except for the countries who actually play this sport like India, Pakistan, Iran etc.(Mostly Southeast Asian Countries) Well other countries do as well but not as serious as these countries are, I'm surprised that Japan specifically picked this sport to make an adaptation out of it. Props to them. Great first episode.
Well, looking forward to more fun and hype moments in this show. Hope people will get to know more about this sport as they move forward.
Pre_YumApr 2, 2021 10:20 AM
Apr 2, 2021 10:28 AM
Nov 2019
Where did you people find this anime. My usual websites dont have it (yet) and i dont want to wait
Apr 2, 2021 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
An okay start, it's nice that they explained rules and stuff for people who dunno about this sport. Tbh not that interested in this sport but as a fan of sports anime I'm gonna watch this nonetheless and hopefully this'll turn out to be decent atleast.
Apr 2, 2021 11:06 AM

Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
Well, that's one way of introducing a famous soccer player-turned-NEET Tatsuya Yoigoshi into the world of the Bangladeshi sport that is Kabaddi.

And truth be told, Kabaddi might look like a game of tag, but it's more than just that alone.

Kabaddi was originated in India it is just the national game of bangladesh

Apr 2, 2021 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty interesting start, I'm totally hyped for this and I'm expecting a lot from this anime since i like Kabaddi and sports anime

Btw,what is saitama doing here?
Sakuta002766Apr 2, 2021 11:15 AM
Apr 2, 2021 11:15 AM
Mar 2019
PongoBeast said:
Where did you people find this anime. My usual websites dont have it (yet) and i dont want to wait
I'm on latinamerican crunchyroll and is there
Apr 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Feb 2019
Tatsuya left football for kabaddi. True chad right there.

Iura is such a schemer lol; gotta love him. Azemichi is also a cool guy. He pulled off a single tackle which is one the rarest things in kabaddi and you gotta be really good to do it.

It's really cool tbh.

Really feels good to watch kabaddi anime lol.
cythraulApr 2, 2021 11:25 AM
Apr 2, 2021 12:10 PM

Feb 2021
I haven't seen it yet but why are 60 out of 65 people hating this anime?
Apr 2, 2021 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
I watch a lot of sports anime and I've to say that Kabaddi's characters have very high, if not highest average of seductiveness level. It makes me wish that Kabaddi should play shirtless, or naked... and we don't even see all boys yet!
Apr 2, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
Bfun2468 said:
I haven't seen it yet but why are 60 out of 65 people hating this anime?

Bots.

Really good starting episode. It was funny and informative. I'll definitely keep watching.
Apr 2, 2021 12:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent first episode. Despite the sport being my country's national sport, I'd no idea what the rules were except for the chanting part lol so it's nice to rundown of the general rules.

Poor MC, being dragged by the wits of the Vice Pres. Quite the football star one's got to be to have hardly been tackled, a lot of dirty and foul play he must've endured I imagine.

Souma's not to be taken lightly, eh.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2021 12:50 PM
Mar 2021
Very interesting start and I like how all the characters so far have different personalities. I also appreciated the way they explained kabaddi to the viewers by doing it visually while also the character was explaining it
Apr 2, 2021 12:51 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
The first episode made a decent impression on me.

I haven't played Kabaddi before, so I didn't really have much in mind going into it.

It does seem pretty interesting however, and the comedy elements add a nice touch - most notably in the characters.
Apr 2, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2020
loved the first episode and the art style and animation is great
Apr 2, 2021 12:55 PM
Apr 2016
animexpro said:
KANLen09 said:

Kabaddi was originated in India it is just the national game of bangladesh

Yes, India is also the current and only world cup champions till date as well.
Iran also have strong team and are currently the asian game champion.
First episode seems promising. Looking forward to more character in upcoming episodes.
Apr 2, 2021 12:57 PM
Sep 2020
it’s pretty good so far. Art feels off but story and soundtrack are awesome. And of the four translated chapters of the manga i’ve read, the art is pretty faithful to the manga. On its way to a solid 7, maybe even an 8, based on if it maintains this
Apr 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Feb 2021
I honestly didn't know what to expect from this. I'm hooked in though. It's a really decent first episode and I loved all the interesting characters, I like how each have their own personalities and they all look promising. The animations are good, sometimes if felt a little bit off but it didn't take away from the episode much.
I have high hopes for this show!
Apr 2, 2021 1:10 PM

Sep 2020
Damn taht was intense wasn't expecting togashi to punch saitama but yeah can't blame him as togashi wasn't aware of the rules but still saitama taking the punch and not losing his cool was awesome and the last grab was so cool i was expecting that and saitama did it can't wait for the next episode
Apr 2, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2020
A really fun first episode. Both the op and ed were great. Yoisgoshi seems like an interesting protagonist. Did a good job explaining the rules. This show could turn out to be really good. I was a left corner defender in my school team in Kabaddi for 2 years, so I am extra hyped to see how this turns out.
Apr 2, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2020
I've played a tiny bit of kabaddi in my life and loved this episode. I can't wait for actual matches being played. Seeing a whole team attack the raider after a 'tag' is very entertaining.
Apr 2, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2020
So much hate for this show and it's only episode 1 lol... it's not amazing or great, but it was a fun watch. Learning about a sport I never heard of it or played. I don't like sports anime I play lol... so I usually more open to ones I don't do.
Apr 2, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2020
veemon23 said:
So much hate for this show and it's only episode 1 lol... it's not amazing or great, but it was a fun watch. Learning about a sport I never heard of it or played. I don't like sports anime I play lol... so I usually more open to ones I don't do.

That's not hate. That is "Bots At Work".
Apr 2, 2021 1:24 PM

Nov 2016
Already hooked!

Drink a shot for every kabaddi tho

MegamiRem said:
An okay start, it's nice that they explained rules and stuff for people who dunno about this sport. Tbh not that interested in this sport but as a fan of sports anime I'm gonna watch this nonetheless and hopefully this'll turn out to be decent atleast.

Same, I'm a huge sports series fan. But kabaddi itself is more engaging than expected, the MC is relatable too. TMS hasn't really disappointed either so far. This should be good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2021 1:27 PM

Sep 2019
Kabaddi looks like a really fun sport. I enjoyed the first episode. Everyone on the team is buffed lol. Nobuhiko's voicing a psycho looking guy once again.
Apr 2, 2021 1:36 PM

Apr 2020
That's nice episode
Good thing was the introduction for fans who knows nothing about kabaddi
So don't drop it yet cuz there's a lot more KABADDI you don't know...
The more you watch more you will get to know that how much interesting this anime is!!!
Apr 2, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2016
Yoooo where are all my desi peeps at?

Great start! They did well to introduce Kabaddi and the characters seem intresting

The OST really caught me off guard in a good way

Also, we're one step closer to a Cricket Anime with this
Apr 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Oct 2015
Nice and fun start^^ Both opening and ending songs were good and catchy
Surprisingly I have heard of Kabaddi before and I think I had this in P.E. once or something way back.... I liked how the rules were explained. I look forward to seeing what this anime has to offer (And of course I will look into the manga later). All characters seemed interesting and had nice designs ^^
SweetheadApr 2, 2021 2:01 PM
Apr 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Apr 2011
I finally figured out what the hell Kabaddi is: Catch-up on a small court taken very seriously by muscular men.
I start very normal in general of sports animes, having the protagonist being dragged to the club for his skills and then taking a liking for the sport. I loved the idea of him being a streamer too.
In general, a good first episode I always like to follow the sports anime of the season and this one has potential.
Apr 2, 2021 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
When I knew about this anime I remembered an episode of chio-chan where she was playing or trying to play kabaddi (please tell me someone else watched that show) and aside that, I've never heard of that sport but I added it anyway to my list.
I liked Tatsuya, the introduction of the team, the I suppose basic explanation of kabaddi's rules, and of course Iura, he's the mad lad here. I like spokons and this one also has comedy elements in it, I want to see more of this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Dec 2014
The last sports anime I would've ever expected was Kabaddi so I was pretty interested when this was announced and this was very nice. I got pretty hyped towards the end, show has some good energy.

I think the last time I played Kabaddi was maybe 12 years ago in like 8th or 9th grade. xD
It's a pretty fun game, though from my experience we always played in on surfaces with sandy textures to avoid any major bruising. I guess here they have mats. While I don't follow the sport, it is quite surprising that it's relatively known outside of the Southern and South Eastern parts of Asia where it's more common.

They did a good job of explaining Kabaddi to anyone who would be unfamiliar with it. My guess is they will explain more of the rules as the show goes on.

Soundtrack was pretty good, while it would be nice to see more movement in the actual sequences it's not bad right now. Hoping this turns out really good.
Apr 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2020
Nice start. Didn't even know what Kabaddi was till this day. Looks like a fun sport; however, it looks like it requires a lot of agility and strength if one wants to be competitive.
Apr 2, 2021 3:19 PM

Nov 2014
wow the bots aren't even trying to hide themselves
this episode was surprisingly enjoyable. i had a lot more fun than i expected. I especially like how the mc doesn't have the personality of a ray of sunshine like most sports mcs. i think i'm gonna keep on watching.
Apr 2, 2021 4:00 PM
Oct 2020
I like where the story is going but the animation can get and the generic artstyle feels bad too this can definitely become a popular anime we need to spread the word
Apr 2, 2021 4:18 PM
Jul 2019
Oh, so to put it simply, Kabbadi is like playing tag.

Too bad me not likey.....
Apr 2, 2021 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
I had never heard of kabaddi until this anime so it's cool to see that this show will help the sport gain a little more recognition. Decent start so far, with an introduction to the main team and the rules of the sport. Looking forward to seeing some intense kabbadi matches.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 2, 2021 5:10 PM
Feb 2021
Really loved this. Somehow the episode taught you Kabaddi, introduced several characters, and still hooked me in. I’m all in on this one.
Apr 2, 2021 5:28 PM
Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:

. It's not a bangladeshi sport its an Indian sport.
Apr 2, 2021 5:29 PM
Jan 2021
The first episode was very fun to watch.
Apr 2, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2019
Not bad...

but i think ill drop it in the later...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 2, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2020
Great episode, kind of a haikyuu type of intro. Very great characters and looking forward to seeing the development of their personalities. This is a great sport to adapt, so excited to see some actual matches.
Apr 2, 2021 5:49 PM
Jul 2020
Did we have a official confirmation abt how many episodes are we getting?????
Apr 2, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2020
I was so exited that they were doing kabbadi but im dissapointed with the first episode, but i guess its my fault for expecting them to show the game play as flawless as haikyuu
Apr 2, 2021 5:56 PM

Jan 2020
Lol. He straight up just got threatened to join. Poor guy haha

It's interesting seeing this since it's a sport that I didn't know beforehand and it's rather refreshing

Apr 2, 2021 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
Ok, so... The sport? Not my cup of tea. The design style? Not my cup of tea. But something about the anime poster I first saw told me to put this anime on my planned list, and I did, and now I'm glad I did. Getting to know a sport I never even heard of is always good. The personalities - that lame jock-turned-nerd, that scumbag vice captain, to say no more? Hell, yeah. AND THAT CAST? Yuuma Uchida, Ta_2, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Makoto Furukawa, Shunsuke Takeuchi??? Like, holy hell, all these guys together, I'd watch whatever the anime would be. Yes, yes, yes, ten billion times yes. Bring it!
Apr 2, 2021 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the Art and animation was okay but the Music just threw me off for some reason and quite frankly I was bored.

Ill give it two more episodes but I was not impressed.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 2, 2021 6:41 PM

Jun 2019
Off to a decent start. The characters and the reason for the MC to join the sport have all been seen before, but it was enjoyable enough. I like that it isn’t taking itself too seriously given how strange the sport will be to a lot of people. This could be a fun watch if it plays its cards right.
Apr 2, 2021 6:58 PM

Apr 2019

discord mod? nah. nico nico douga mod lesss goo

jokes aside really great episode, don't know much about the sport but it seems really interesting.

Apr 2, 2021 7:14 PM
Nov 2020
KANLen09 said:

bangladeshi ? What ? Kabaddi is an indian sport. It might b national game of bangladesh
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 21, 2021

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2021

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.