Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 2010
The amount of stuff they cut from second half of season 2 part 1 was and is INSANE. The amount of cool scenes we could have gotten, was watered down a lot just to finish on the Veldora scene
Mar 30, 2021 9:27 AM
Oct 2016
Great way to end this first cour of season two! Veldora has returned! Cannot wait to see more of the legendary tsundere dragon now in his newly minted human form. Which looks pretty badass with the blonde hair and ripped body. Veldora ready to keep those western nations in check. Loved how they handled this midseason finale episode. I nearly teared up when Rimuru awoke to see Shion holding him along with everyone else fully revived. It was a heartwarming moment to say the least. Rimuru did it all and it worked, he brought them back without a single soul left behind.

Rest of the episode definitely was setting up for what will be in the second cour this summer. Milim is aligning with fellow demon lords Clayman and Frey for some yet unknown reason. Attacking, maybe even killing but probably just capturing Carrion. There's still the threat of Hinata coming back for more and the Falmuth prisoners they have at Tempest. Lots of loose ends to work on for the rest of this season.

Overall I've very much enjoyed returning to the Slime anime. Rimuru is a great protagonist and fun to watch. He's really come into his own these past couple episodes showing just how far he'd go to protect the ones he cares about. Feeling the weight of his role as leader of an entire nation. Facing horrible atrocities and vile individuals whom only seek power. Things did take a minute to start up at the beginning of the season but that was understandably so the previous seasons plot threads could be resolved before jumping into this new batch of problems. Rimuru now being a demon lord and having another powerful underling in Diablo by his side will make things interesting going forward. Excited for the remainder of season two this summer but also happy to have some lighthearted fun with Slime Diaries beginning next week!

90/100
Mar 30, 2021 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
This was a good episode but this whole s2 was mediocre at best.. there was no tension of any kind.. whats even the use of killing a cast member when he/she is gonna be revived sooner or later.. this practically means that no one is ever gonna completely die in Slime universe..
also.. there was no actual cliffhanger to cour 1..
I waited 13 episodes for Milim (who was one of the main heroines in the ED) and she showed for like 5-6 mins.. meh..
Only good character i liked was diablo and he turned out to be such a male tsundere or something.. was finally hoping for an actual strong serious character.. but its slime universe.. every thing's gotta be cheesy and comedy..
This season 6.5/10 at best so i'm giving it 7..
Jul 2018
Farmaceut said:
SirTristamSfan said:
Man the direction is downright inferior to that of manga. Manga devoted a whole chapter to veldora's return. The dialogue presentation everything was so elegant in manga, infact it felt emotional. The anime version was bland asf rushed asf . So this is what happens when director is changed. This new director is average at best.

Its not rushed, they just wanted to tease Veldora. That scene will continue in the next episode...

They skipped the scene . Its not teasing

Nov 2013
The only interesting thing in the episode is Veldora scene because something actually happens.
Otherwise it just boring finale with cringe comedy nonsense.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 30, 2021 9:29 AM
Oct 2016
Dalane said:
The amount of stuff they cut from second half of season 2 part 1 was and is INSANE. The amount of cool scenes we could have gotten, was watered down a lot just to finish on the Veldora scene

Most likely they will rearrange those to be in like episodes 13 and 14 next cour. Same as the did with the start of this season

Mar 2020
This marks the end of the 2nd Season's 1st part. Can't wait for summer to roll around for the 2nd Part! Can't wait to learn about why Milim attacked Eurazania and Veldora's powers!

Jan 2021
What a great finale!! So many things happened and tsundere dragon veldora is back as well!. Beginning part was just hilarious especially benimaru,s password thing then rimuru forgetting about summoning diablo and diablo crying about that (lol). Milim and carrion fight was pretty good too. Now it's finally Clayman,s turn in the 2nd part. 9/10 from me for this part
Mar 30, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
So wer're back at where it all started. Veldora is back. Time to cull some demon lords.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
Easily, so much better than the first season.

Such a masterpiece of an anime.
Mar 30, 2021 9:39 AM
Jan 2019
Is this going to be the final episode of this season?
Mar 30, 2021 9:47 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't expect Veldora to become a gyaru lol.

This season had a bad start but it got better. I still liked the first season more though. The previous episode was great, this one was good. It was a fine season overall. Give more Milim next time.
Mar 30, 2021 9:49 AM

Feb 2021
This season started very poorly, and gradually improved for me. The reveal at the end was great, and I hope to see what Veldora can do in the second part.

Overall a 7/10 for me.
Mar 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Veldora to show up in this part 1 since there was a party for all who came back and to celebrate the new demon lord.
Mar 30, 2021 9:58 AM
Dec 2010
Dukino said:
Dalane said:

Most likely they will rearrange those to be in like episodes 13 and 14 next cour. Same as the did with the start of this season

They won't be in part 2 since those cool scene their event have allready taken place so they can't really go back to them since they make up almost 3 episodes worth of stuff cut. Even the Veldora scene could atleast be alone 3/4 episode worth of screen time and they cut it way for fuck back
Mar 30, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
Oh damn! I would of loved to at least seen even a few lines of dialogue between Tempest and Tempest at the end, after his resurrection. Especially as his own lines were about destroying anything which opposes him!! We need moar episodes stat!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 30, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Why dont you people go argue about manga content on the manga forums and whether its missing from the anime, rather than coming to the anime forum and discuss something which is missing in your perception of what could have been, rather than just accepting what has been shown as its own story in anime form. Its pathetic. Your not cool or blessed with forbidden knowledge. Go discuss your manga stories somewhere else.

Dalane said:
Dukino said:

They won't be in part 2 since those cool scene their event have allready taken place so they can't really go back to them since they make up almost 3 episodes worth of stuff cut. Even the Veldora scene could atleast be alone 3/4 episode worth of screen time and they cut it way for fuck back
Mar 30, 2021 10:18 AM

May 2013
Nooooooooo It ended after Veldora finally is out
Mar 30, 2021 10:25 AM
Dec 2010
Roch2001 said:
Why dont you people go argue about manga content on the manga forums and whether its missing from the anime, rather than coming to the anime forum and discuss something which is missing in your perception of what could have been, rather than just accepting what has been shown as its own story in anime form. Its pathetic. Your not cool or blessed with forbidden knowledge. Go discuss your manga stories somewhere else.

Because what could have become a great season 2 ended up being a really REALLY mid show. They cut out all the things that would have made season 2 a great show like season 1, but they watered it down makeing it a mid as fuck show.
Mar 30, 2021 10:26 AM
Wings

Apr 2017

We all know the real reason why Rimuru decided to become a demon lord 😏
Mar 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
There is certainly so much going on right now with the Demon Lords, I'm wondering if now Rimuru could be in pair with Milim and I can't wait to see him fighting with his new powers and also what the others got as a gift.

So Veldora finally got released from the imprisonment, and then he just got a human form, I thought he would be with his dragon form and I was thinking how could he even visit Tempest haha.
Mar 30, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2019
Milim Vs Carrion fight was Intense...
Wow Milim was stronger than Carrion?

Finally Diablo got named by Rimuru, idk why but i think Diablo purposely want to serve Rimuru and got Named so he can level up...
Possibly hidden Agenda? Who knows.

Veldora is released and got Human Form.
Dope Character Design...

8/10 for Part 1

Next I'll enjoying the slice of life spin-off Tensura Nikki...
Mar 30, 2021 10:39 AM
Dec 2018
Farabeuf said:
Nurguburu said:
This season is slightly better than the first season yet its still bad. Its still afraid of taking risks and when I feel tension, they return to the status quo in 2-3 episodes. It doesn't help the pacing is a mess at first due to the disastrous direction of the second half of S1 making the whole "Demon Lord Rimuru" arc less impactful. Generic villains are fun to watch only if the anime isn't taken seriously but unfortunately is not the case here. They're compent when the plot demands it. It tries so hard to be Overlord now. 4/10 for the anime.

Good post. You sum up my feelings succintly. Every time there was some tension, some high stakes, we got rolled back to same ole' modus vivendi. I don't think I'll watch a S3 to be honest.

This season isn't technically finished. And the status quo is already kind of shattered, it's just on such a high scale (unironically so) that we as the viewer haven't been shown just exactly how the status quo is different/changed. The point where we are now is significantly different from the start of the season.
Mar 30, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
Dukino said:

They skipped things in this episode which timeline wise could be swapped to the next cour of this season. (Shion's gift being introduced, Rimuru interrogating his prisoners of war, etc).
Mar 30, 2021 10:47 AM
Dec 2010
jaw201 said:
Dalane said:

They skipped things in this episode which timeline wise could be swapped to the next cour of this season. (Shion's gift being introduced, Rimuru interrogating his prisoners of war, etc).

They skipped a whole lot of dialog between Rimuru and Veldora, things that are kinda important before he takes the body double.
Mar 30, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
And this is why I am trying to tell you manga freaks to just fuck off and stop ruining people who only watch anime experience. Season 2 is already great, from everything I have experienced watching the show Im ranking it epic.

The last thing I need is people like you trying to dictate and project onto me a different narrative which has nothing to do with the show I'm watching. GFY.

Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

Because what could have become a great season 2 ended up being a really REALLY mid show. They cut out all the things that would have made season 2 a great show like season 1, but they watered it down makeing it a mid as fuck show.
Mar 30, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
jaw201 said:

They skipped a whole lot of dialog between Rimuru and Veldora, things that are kinda important before he takes the body double.

No? You could easily just swap that conversation to the next episode.
Mar 30, 2021 10:55 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

Again, this is due to executive meddling going all the way back to season 1, where they basically gutted half of volume 4 in order to reach Hinata at the end of season 1. That is the reason why we had 5 episodes of what are essentially flash back episodes.
Mar 30, 2021 10:56 AM
Jan 2017
finally veldora is back no worries about rimuru now, whatever he's facing he has veldora and that suspicious diablo
Mar 30, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2020
SHEEEESHHHH IM FUCKING HYPEDDDDD I knew this was gonna be one of my favorites isekais

Mar 30, 2021 11:06 AM

Feb 2018
Raphael-sama!!! This show will be so much more enjoyable from now on lol. Part 2 is gonna be great
Mar 30, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
Damn that was preaty nice man. Id say a 9/10. Well it is kind of a nothing major happens episode. Saying that a bunch actualy happens, which is realy nice. Its a realy cute and nice feel-good anime and im honestly realy excited for the second part-i think its gonna be a banger.
Also, Veldora is peacking my interests now. I realy wanna see the dinamick between Rimuru and him. Is it going to be submissive like with everyone else or is he gona have a little heat to his personality.
Overall, love what they are doing.
Mar 30, 2021 11:09 AM
Dec 2010
Roch2001 said:
And this is why I am trying to tell you manga freaks to just fuck off and stop ruining people who only watch anime experience. Season 2 is already great, from everything I have experienced watching the show Im ranking it epic.

The last thing I need is people like you trying to dictate and project onto me a different narrative which has nothing to do with the show I'm watching. GFY

So because I'm BOTH a manga/LN/WN reader and anime watcher I have no say in that this season is so fucking poorly done and could have been way better if the people in charge, took the time in telling a story right than what it is ???

Just because I'm a manga/LN/WN reader I have to shut my mouth, on a anime I also watched
Mar 30, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2020
Better than S1 but still an 8/10. Very fun show.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 30, 2021 11:11 AM
Aug 2019
I'm kind of upset that Diablo wasn't a little more nefarious like before to be honest. I like the lightheartedness of the series, but why is he completely different now lol. It was so off-putting. Dude must of been obsessively stalking Rimuru since the fight with Ifrit.

Was also really hoping they could fit more plot in this episode. I didn't really care to actually see any of the stuff between Carrion and Milim. I mean the two moves that were used looked cool, but I would've been fine just knowing that it happened and the result.
Mar 30, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Shiiiiiooooooooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see her back :'D

What a sight to wake up to btw <3.

Poor Benimaru though. Well, not really, you reap what you sow so you deserve it xD. That was a smart way to get out of that, sasuga Raphael-sama.

First hearing Yukari Tamura dropping her iconic moe voice in Higurashi and now Rina Hidaka dropping her iconic loli voice, wow... I liked it though. So the girl at the end of the OP who looked like Milim was actually Milim huh, I mean, she looked like Milim but she looked a little different so I wasn't completely sure. And holy shit that Drago-Nova! I keep wondering what the hell happened? Now there's even another demon lord working with her. I just want to see her smiling happily again :'(

Diablo is just hilarious xD. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Veldora is back! And just like that this first cour ends. Not gonna lie, that was a bit of a weird ending but it is what it is.

Sad to see another one of my favorite series go, the last few episodes were very hype but overall, watching this series makes me happy. Looking forward to the second cour!
SkyLETVMar 30, 2021 11:28 AM
Mar 30, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
The tsundere dragon is back. I can't wait to see him fight, and also Diablo, and everyone else xD They've received gift so I guess they've gotten stronger also.

But seriously I hate this split cour trend.
Mar 30, 2021 11:33 AM

Feb 2017
Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

The last thing I need is people like you trying to dictate and project onto me a different narrative which has nothing to do with the show I'm watching. GFY

So because I'm BOTH a manga/LN/WN reader and anime watcher I have no say in that this season is so fucking poorly done and could have been way better if the people in charge, took the time in telling a story right than what it is ???

Just because I'm a manga/LN/WN reader I have to shut my mouth, on a anime I also watched

Gotta say even if I don't agree with the person you're quoting people should really measure a show by itself, I too often see good shows bashed to hell and back because "if they had followed the book it would have been the best thing ever!!!", always forgetting they are two different mediums bound by their very nature, it's akin to an anime watcher going to manga discussions and complaining about the lack of color, audio and motion.
Mar 30, 2021 11:47 AM

Aug 2020
Finally, Veldora finally got unsealed.
Mar 30, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2018
Shion is back T_T ngl I want to taste her cooking now and die of 'happiness'

and hot damn Veldora is sexy af

6/10 did not like the recap episode and the excruciating wait for Falmouth army slaughter
Mar 30, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2014
Rimuru names his new demon servant Diablo, partly because it reminds him of a Lamborghini Diablo? Rimuru has some excellent taste in supercars! XD

Compared to the last few episodes, I do welcoming the amount of humour that we got in this episode, mainly with Benimaru's password for Rimuru about Shion's "shit" cooking completely backfiring on him. Not to forget, I did enjoy the constant back and forth between Rimuru and Raphael about whether she sounds the same or not.

One thing I did love was that we finally got to see what was happening at Eurazania after all this time. I adore Milim to bits, but this was a reminder of how intimidating her powers can be when she unleashed her strong beam attack that completely destroyed Eurazania's capital AND multiple mountains behind it. Not just that, but Carrion was surprised by another demon lord, Frey, working with Milim. No surprise that Clayman is potentially behind this set-up once again.

Lastly, we got to see Veldora again after so long, now in human form thanks to Rimuru. No surprise, Veldora is a bit of a hot-head, but I'm sure he'll provide plenty of funny moments as well as partake in some future fights. That's something to look forward to. =)

Overall, season 2's first half is about as good as season 1. It did get off to a slow start and had a odd weaker than normal episodes, but the pay-off was worth it as the later episodes were simply superb. Here's hoping the second half in July will be just as good, if not, even better than what we've seen so far.

Same with the Slime Diaries starting very soon. That should be a fun watching experience. =D
Mar 30, 2021 12:03 PM
Oct 2016
Veldora is back!!

Mar 30, 2021 12:04 PM
Oct 2016
jaw201 said:
Dalane said:

exactly, im willing to bet those events will be in epsisode 13 and/or 14
Mar 30, 2021 12:06 PM

Oct 2017
Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

Yes!
You can go in the manga/LN/whatever source forum and say there "Geez, this received such a poor anime adaptation! They skipped this and that... oh, and that too..."
Here you STFU until any chance of these scenes getting animated is really gone.

--------

On the bright side, we got Milim this episode, yay. Though she didn't seem to be herself...

Poor Diablo, was forgotten by his master... But then he got rewarded with a name :D

Shion went to cook some revenge food... wonder who will be most surprised when it's ready... not me, though, "thanks" to the source readers...
RainyShadowMar 30, 2021 12:16 PM
Mar 30, 2021 12:19 PM

Apr 2018
Damn it feels good to see everyone alive especially Shion, ngl i teared up seeing Shion alive. Honestly that was a very good last ep especially with Veldora coming back alive and inhabiting a body. He looks like a fun goofy guy.

Cant wait for Season 2 Part 2 tho.
Mar 30, 2021 12:40 PM

Mar 2021
Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

well, let me tell you one thing I read the web novel, the whole thing and light novel and manga too. But in anime they'll just give 12 episodes. It's not like one piece, detective Conan or Naruto to have 700 episodes. So they'll confine some content to get an arc completed. I really enjoyed the anime part!! There aren't any lag scenes after 4 eps of part 1. It's getting more engaged with each episode and you guys just simply tell that "this is fucking poorly done". Listen kid, if you have that right to tell this kinda shit then you make yourself a good adaptation and watch it yourself. don't try to degrade the anime for just not adding some parts you fool.
lemme ask something too, are you paying them to watch it?? well I don't pay to them because it's free to watch in our country. they work for 8 hrs per day to make a 5min scene and wasting many dollars for entertainment. and you guys simply say that "it's fucked up!!" . wait accidentally are u dumb? because I'm explaining this much stuff and you might don't know what it is.

listen if you have any problems with this adaptation, go talk in the manga thread and cry there or make yourself a better adaptation. this is an ANIME THREAD! .

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Mar 30, 2021 12:41 PM

Mar 2021
RainyShadow said:
Dalane said:

Yes!
You can go in the manga/LN/whatever source forum and say there "Geez, this received such a poor anime adaptation! They skipped this and that... oh, and that too..."
Here you STFU until any chance of these scenes getting animated is really gone.

--------

On the bright side, we got Milim this episode, yay. Though she didn't seem to be herself...

Poor Diablo, was forgotten by his master... But then he got rewarded with a name :D

Shion went to cook some revenge food... wonder who will be most surprised when it's ready... not me, though, "thanks" to the source readers...
I'm with you, these guys crossed their lines

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Mar 30, 2021 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
MY GAWD THEY'RE EVIL. Ending the episode on Veldora's revival. GAHHHHH!!!

Other than that. Gotta love Diablo pouting when Rimiru was petting Ranga lololol....Have to constantly remind myself he's a uber powerful primordial demon lol
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 30, 2021 12:44 PM

Mar 2021
Dalane said:
jaw201 said:

kid, you read the manga right? then why the hell are you telling it here. Everyone knows that there will be a conversation b/w them AFTER HIS REVIVAL!!! but you still saying the same thing. wait maybe are you trying to get more attention by pasting negative comments?

Mar 30, 2021 12:47 PM
Dec 2010
And mal users wonder why people ain't really talking in the forums about anything anime and manga.

People say their opinion and the mouth breathers come floking out says people should shot up about what they think and only follow what is good think on the site and having a differend opinion is wrong
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

190 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2021

239 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

347 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 20, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2021

322 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2021

184 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 6:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.