Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Will season 3 be delayed until manga progresses or will the anime continue based on the Light Novels instead?

That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 30, 2021 12:26 AM
May 2016
Season 2 part 2 will catch up to and surpass the manga.

Do we think the anime will be put on hold until the manga progresses further or will they continue to animate with the Light Novel as a source instead of the manga?

If they put it on hold with the manga having monthly releases, it could be years before we see a season 3, I hope they push forward with the Light Novels instead.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2021 12:34 AM

Mar 2021
They are going off of the light novels since that is the original source material. The manga will always be a decent bit behind.
All the stars in the sky await you!
Mar 30, 2021 12:49 AM

Dec 2013
It's obviously going to be based off the LN. It's normal for an anime series to be based off it's source material.
Mar 30, 2021 1:52 AM
Feb 2021
I don't know maybe, just trying to be helpful lol.
Mar 30, 2021 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
NathanusMaximus said:
Do we think the anime will be put on hold until the manga progresses further or will they continue to animate with the Light Novel as a source instead of the manga?

The anime will be based on the light novel. It was based on the LN from the start, so I think they'll just continue with that. It's normal for the manga to be left behind.
Mar 30, 2021 6:13 AM
May 2016
AndreiVel2243 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

The anime will be based on the light novel. It was based on the LN from the start, so I think they'll just continue with that. It's normal for the manga to be left behind.

The anime is based on the manga, the manga has been in
AndreiVel2243 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

The WN was adapted into LN, the LN was adapted in manga and the manga is actually what the anime is based on.
Mar 30, 2021 6:14 AM
May 2016
G_Spark233 said:
It's obviously going to be based off the LN. It's normal for an anime series to be based off it's source material.

The anime is based on the manga though, the manga began publication like 7 years ago and was adapted into the anime.
Mar 30, 2021 6:15 AM
May 2016
Miyushiki said:
They are going off of the light novels since that is the original source material. The manga will always be a decent bit behind.

Season 1 and 2 so far have been based on the manga, not the LN. Hence the question about future seasons.
Mar 30, 2021 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
NathanusMaximus said:
AndreiVel2243 said:

The anime is based on the manga, the manga has been in
AndreiVel2243 said:

The WN was adapted into LN, the LN was adapted in manga and the manga is actually what the anime is based on.

If the 2nd cour will be based off the manga, then we'll need to wait for a while. But anyways, have a good day
Mar 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2021
NathanusMaximus said:
G_Spark233 said:

The anime is based on the manga though, the manga began publication like 7 years ago and was adapted into the anime.

Oh ok I got you. The Manga is an adaptation of the LN though, so it’ll always be a bit ahead with more content.
All the stars in the sky await you!
Mar 30, 2021 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
NathanusMaximus said:
G_Spark233 said:

The light novel came before the manga. Is the manga different from the light novel? If it isn't then the anime is adapted from the light novel.
Mar 30, 2021 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
The series was always based on LN. Though it is sometime rushed, it is ultimately adapted from LN. You can check this by going to 'Adaptation' Part of Related Anime tab.

And the answer to your question, since it has always been following LN, it will continue to follow LN.
Mar 30, 2021 11:42 AM
Aug 2020
They are already following lightnovel not manga
Mar 30, 2021 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
NathanusMaximus said:
Season 2 part 2 will catch up to and surpass the manga.

If they put it on hold with the manga having monthly releases, it could be years before we see a season 3, I hope they push forward with the Light Novels instead.
Miyushiki said:
G_Spark233 said:
AndreiVel2243 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

G_Spark233 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

The light novel came before the manga. Is the manga different from the light novel? If it isn't then the anime is adapted from the light novel.
Sakenz said:
The series was always based on LN. Though it is sometime rushed, it is ultimately adapted from LN. You can check this by going to 'Adaptation' Part of Related Anime tab.

And the answer to your question, since it has always been following LN, it will continue to follow LN.
AnimeJunki3 said:
They are already following lightnovel not manga

The staff page on the homepage literally credits the manga "published in Kodansha's 'Monthly Shounen Sirius' " as the source material.

And the copyright notice at the bottom even outright says "Kodansha" (manga publisher) but doesn't mention "Micromagazine" (LN publisher).

Whoever changed the source material from manga to LN for both seasons and removed Kodansha while adding Micromagazine as producer for season 1 in the MAL database should get their eyes checked because they have clearly not even done the most basic research of checking the staff page on the official anime website.

Original:
https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura/staffcast

GoogleTL:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura/staffcast
Mar 30, 2021 2:01 PM

Mar 2020
G_Spark233 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

There are some very slight differences. For example, the whole thing with Shizu being Rimuru's "fated person" was not in the LN and was instead introduced in the manga (apart from that, though, she's very similar), and various slight character traits that were in the LN were left out in the manga, and vice versa. The anime has been adapting the manga (while making slight changes), and the manga has been adapting the LN (while making slight changes).
Mar 31, 2021 3:52 AM

Aug 2013
Since the manga is being overseen by the writer himself, I suspect that it will make little difference going forward if it's the light novel or the manga. In one of the chapters' afterword, the original writer even said that the only major differences between the two is that he's able to flesh out a little more details that were left ambiguous in the light novel with the visualization that comes from illustrations in manga format.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 31, 2021 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
A kindly reminder that this anime is invested mostly by the manga’s publisher, not the LN’s.
Mar 31, 2021 9:01 AM

Mar 2020
tlica said:
tomoe_m said:

There are some very slight differences. For example, the whole thing with Shizu being Rimuru's "fated person" was not in the LN and was instead introduced in the manga (apart from that, though, she's very similar), and various slight character traits that were in the LN were left out in the manga, and vice versa. The anime has been adapting the manga (while making slight changes), and the manga has been adapting the LN (while making slight changes).
"Slightly changes" you say, I would say they are fucking both of them I am a big of fan of Ln and manga but veldora's release is a disaster they are just slaughtering it same goes for stupid, cringy jokes.

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. S2 has been pretty disappointing (the only thing I've really enjoyed from it has been the soundtrack); I was just clarifying that the anime follows the manga, and the manga follows the LN. "Slight" was definitely a poor choice of words on my part.

Edit: Thank you :)
__tomoe__Apr 3, 2021 12:49 PM
Apr 1, 2021 9:13 AM
Aug 2015
tomoe_m said:
tlica said:
"Slightly changes" you say, I would say they are fucking both of them I am a big of fan of Ln and manga but veldora's release is a disaster they are just slaughtering it same goes for stupid, cringy jokes.

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. S2 has been pretty disappointing (the only thing I've really enjoyed from it has been the soundtrack); I was just clarifying that the anime follows the manga, and the manga follows the LN. "Slight" was definitely a poor choice of words on my part.

i only read the WN version, and reading the manga just make me a bit disappointed, especially in the soul harvest event. in the wn, I could clearly imagine the terror of the falmuth army, but both manga and anime just cant sent it better than my imagination...
Apr 11, 2021 6:15 AM
Aug 2019
de_struct said:
tomoe_m said:

i only read the WN version, and reading the manga just make me a bit disappointed, especially in the soul harvest event. in the wn, I could clearly imagine the terror of the falmuth army, but both manga and anime just cant sent it better than my imagination...

As far as I know WN and LN events are completely different. And WN is not Canon while LN is.
Apr 13, 2021 6:16 PM
Nov 2019
Season 3 will probably air in 2022 or 2023
Apr 15, 2021 8:40 AM
Mar 2008
Codonaine said:
Season 3 will probably air in 2022 or 2023

Season 3 depends on people buying official merchandise. So if people want S3 of Slime, then buy official goods like pillows, art, CD's, BD's etc.

Jun 25, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2020
The ligth novel is the original story so its more accurate to base it on the ligth novel.
Jun 26, 2021 5:29 PM
Oct 2015
Someone call the short bus
Jun 27, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
this is a bruh moment it literally says "source light novel" on the animes page
Jun 28, 2021 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH
Jun 28, 2021 11:17 PM
Dec 2019
The staff page on the homepage literally credits the manga "published in Kodansha's 'Monthly Shounen Sirius' " as the source material.

And the copyright notice at the bottom even outright says "Kodansha" (manga publisher) but doesn't mention "Micromagazine" (LN publisher).

Whoever changed the source material from manga to LN for both seasons and removed Kodansha while adding Micromagazine as producer for season 1 in the MAL database should get their eyes checked because they have clearly not even done the most basic research of checking the staff page on the official anime website.

Original:
https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura/staffcast

GoogleTL:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura/staffcast

@Grey-Zone

You're the GOAT dude....

@NathanusMaximus

But yeah, I don't think they'll continue with a season 3 until the manga progresses further, unfortunately the anime of most source material is just used to sell the source itself and it would make no sense for them to release a story arc in anime before the manga covers it since that would decrease demand for the manga. Once again, for those of you saying the source material is the light novel, look at what I've quoted above. If the official website says the adaptation is from the manga, then that's exactly what it is regardless of what it says on MAL.
Jul 6, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2021
I think it's Based on LN but at the same time waiting for Manga Chapters
Jul 28, 2021 11:27 AM
Jul 2021
G_Spark233 said:

Where can I find proof that the LN is the original source material
Jul 28, 2021 11:27 AM
Jul 2021
G_Spark233 said:

Jul 28, 2021 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
Squeakss said:
G_Spark233 said:

Squeakss said:
G_Spark233 said:

On the front page, it has the Light Novel as it's source.
Jul 28, 2021 9:03 PM
Aug 2018
it surely get season three
Aug 1, 2021 6:34 AM

Apr 2018
G_Spark233 said:
Squeakss said:

Squeakss said:

Read the other posts here. The manga is the main source.
Aug 1, 2021 8:11 PM
Aug 2018
argosblock1 said:
G_Spark233 said:

no,manga is not,light novel is
Aug 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Apr 2018
Sayan_Pal said:
argosblock1 said:

I’m not talking about what came first, I’m talking about what the anime is mainly adapting from, which is the manga. The LN is the OG tho since it came before the manga
Aug 1, 2021 8:14 PM
Aug 2018
argosblock1 said:
Sayan_Pal said:

I’m not talking about what came first, I’m talking about what the anime is mainly adapting from.
anime is mainly adapted from ln,look the source
Aug 1, 2021 8:16 PM

Apr 2018
Sayan_Pal said:
argosblock1 said:

I’m not talking about what came first, I’m talking about what the anime is mainly adapting from.

What MAL has put is incorrect though. It says it right there on the opening credits and staff page.

原作 Original Work
“(講談社「月刊少年シリウス」連載)”
(Serialized in Kodansha’s “Monthly Shounen Sirius”) (the magazine that the manga is serialized in)
Whatever the official website says is correct, regardless of what MAL says.
argosblock1Aug 1, 2021 8:30 PM
Aug 1, 2021 8:28 PM
Aug 2018
argosblock1 said:
Sayan_Pal said:

What MAL has put is incorrect though. It says it right there on the opening credits and staff page.

原作 Original Work
“(講談社「月刊少年シリウス」連載)”
(Serialized in Kodansha’s “Monthly Shounen Sirius”) (the magazine that the manga is serialized in)
but most anime adapted from ln and when manga is there,anime is far in previous season
Aug 1, 2021 8:32 PM

Apr 2018
Sayan_Pal said:
argosblock1 said:

原作 Original Work
“(講談社「月刊少年シリウス」連載)”
but most anime adapted from ln and when manga is there,anime is far in previous season

Yeah usually that is the case.
Aug 2, 2021 4:21 AM

Oct 2014
Sayan_Pal said:
argosblock1 said:

原作 Original Work
“(講談社「月刊少年シリウス」連載)”

Yeah "most" do, but Slime is an exception, as here the manga is the primary source while the LN is merely a secondary source.
Aug 2, 2021 8:22 PM
Aug 2018
Grey-Zone said:
Sayan_Pal said:

Yeah "most" do, but Slime is an exception, as here the manga is the primary source while the LN is merely a secondary source.
no, when season 1 adapted, manga is not close enough to anime so it is adapted from ln
Aug 3, 2021 6:38 AM

Apr 2020
Sayan_Pal said:
Grey-Zone said:

no, when season 1 adapted, manga is not close enough to anime so it is adapted from ln

Thats incorrect.
Season 1 ended in March 2019 which corresponds to chapter 52 of the manga. Chapter 52 of the manga released around February 2019, which is before S1 ended.
Volume 4 of the Light Novel (where S1 ended iirc) released in 2015 in Japan
Aug 3, 2021 8:36 AM
Oct 2016
Its always been based off the light novels and always will be. The manga is just supplementary to that.
Aug 3, 2021 8:38 AM
Oct 2016
argosblock1 said:
Sayan_Pal said:

That is always the case. The anime adapts from the light novel, its the original source and the authors work. The manga is written by someone else being adapted from the light novels. Both the manga and anime are adaptations, novels are the source
Aug 3, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2020
Dukino said:
argosblock1 said:

That is always the case. The anime adapts from the light novel, its the original source and the authors work. The manga is written by someone else being adapted from the light novels. Both the manga and anime are adaptations, novels are the source

Then why does the anime credit the manga and not the light novel
Aug 3, 2021 6:53 PM

Apr 2018
Yep, the anime is crediting the manga as the main source for the adaptation, that’s what the official media says, it doesn’t matter what MAL says.
Aug 3, 2021 7:38 PM
Aug 2018
argosblock1 said:
Yep, the anime is crediting the manga as the main source for the adaptation, that’s what the official media says, it doesn’t matter what MAL says.
because only this season
Aug 3, 2021 7:40 PM
Aug 2018
Mahdhi1235 said:
Dukino said:

Then why does the anime credit the manga and not the light novel
it is adapted from light novel and if it is adapted from manga then they has to stop season 1 without releasing 24 episode,as there is not enough chapter left to compare with manga so it is adapted from ln
Aug 3, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2018
Sayan_Pal said:
argosblock1 said:
because only this season

It says the same thing in the opening credits for the past seasons.
Aug 3, 2021 8:10 PM
Aug 2018
argosblock1 said:
Sayan_Pal said:
because only this season

It says the same thing in the opening credits for the past seasons.
i think they also make season three,and manga and anime gap is close
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2021

133 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Yesterday, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2021

188 by Failure_No1 »»
Apr 23, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

167 by prasos »»
Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2021

248 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2021

141 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.