Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2021 6:48 PM
Jul 2020
ngl its creepy but so funny. he is such a masochist lmao. so far, the episode was okay. the age gap is far...
Mar 29, 2021 7:00 PM

Jul 2020
This is actually pretty good for their first episode! I'm going to enjoy this one.

this is far more better than the overrated romance of last season (if you know what I mean)
Mar 29, 2021 7:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked this, I’m always down for nice romcom, and this one fits the bill imo, really like the dynamic between Ryo and Ichika. Also, not very surprised that there are people disgusted by this lol, it’s a shame but I knew it would happen.

rsc-pl said:
What a nice start of spring season. I really enjoyed it. Thanks God that CR (not Funi) is translating it btw.

Glordit said:

Are we are not allowed to enjoy things anymore because some people can't separate fact from fiction?

It seems that Americans are unable to understand that. And even if, 10 years age gap is not really that much. And even if someone wants to go with "MUH REAL" route, she's 17, so there's nothing wrong with it in the first place.

Exactly, it will forever be amazing to me that people get so upset over fiction.
Mar 29, 2021 7:16 PM
Jun 2017
why is this one so many 1/5?

i did appreciate and enjoy this one, so im going to watch this one
Mar 29, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2020
I didn't really like this one all that much. Comedy didn't hit me well and it doesn't really stand out for me as of right now. I'm hoping it gets better in the future

Mar 29, 2021 7:35 PM

Mar 2019
Sincerely, it was better than i thought it would be... and i liked it.

LMAO, those BOTS dont sleep...

Bots, please stop... Promised Neverland 2 already ended... no need to keep voting 1/5... xD

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 29, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2014
FouAlter said:
why is this one so many 1/5?

i did appreciate and enjoy this one, so im going to watch this one

If I had to say, Because of mentally concerning people who cannot recognize the difference between pedophilia and some guy being romantically attracted to a teenager for her personality and being creepy (in a completely non sexual way) about it, which basically everyone on the show recognizes as it is.
Mar 29, 2021 8:12 PM
Aug 2016
TheKShell said:
I like the whole parody thing this series is doing... also, is it just me or is Masochism the new thing in the rom-com genre? Last season it was Hori and now this guy.

Love the OP and ED.

New thing???? Tale as old as time😂😂
Mar 29, 2021 8:18 PM
Aug 2016
Isn't it just interesting that with all the number of complaints and people being hurt. Japan doesn't give a F about what any of us think and just focus on how much it sells in japan?? So interesting
Mar 29, 2021 8:58 PM
Feb 2017
Average
Male protagonist has mostly been a Masochist in first episode.
He is like scold me more, I will gift you more.
Female might trun into a tsundere but can't confirm yet.
Mar 29, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
The start was kinda cringe, but the in the later part of the episodes it's gotten much better. The comedy and art are really good. OP is amazing as well
Mar 29, 2021 9:36 PM
Mar 2015
Get back in your cage stalker-kun she is good at insults
Mar 29, 2021 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
I'm loving this. The comedy is great. As long as Ryou stays faithful to Ichika then I have no problem. 10 years is not that big of a gap when she is 17.
Mar 29, 2021 10:44 PM

Dec 2016
TheColonel76 said:
I really liked this, I’m always down for nice romcom, and this one fits the bill imo, really like the dynamic between Ryo and Ichika. Also, not very surprised that there are people disgusted by this lol, it’s a shame but I knew it would happen.

rsc-pl said:
What a nice start of spring season. I really enjoyed it. Thanks God that CR (not Funi) is translating it btw.

It seems that Americans are unable to understand that. And even if, 10 years age gap is not really that much. And even if someone wants to go with "MUH REAL" route, she's 17, so there's nothing wrong with it in the first place.

Exactly, it will forever be amazing to me that people get so upset over fiction.

I find it even more annoying and baffling that "some" people always have to use the same excuse of "it's fiction" as a way to negate any kind of criticism towards any kind of show no matter how terrible it is in it's lackluster content and presentation.

SoraSenpai said:

Edit: For the people who have an issue with the age they better have an issue with Blend S as well. Dino and Maika were a Ten year difference as well. 26 and 16

Maika & Dino at least it was funny because the writer knew how to elevate the absurd comedy to 11 and the animators knew how to make physical comedy look good on screen. This premiere is just sad, poorly animated and cringely unfunny.
Mar 29, 2021 11:52 PM

Aug 2008
Erm... I know it's supposed to be a comedy but a guy in his early 30s going after a JK... That's pretty disturbing. I'm not sure gags will be able to completely cover this feeling of uncleanness you get when you realize what's happening.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 30, 2021 12:24 AM
Oct 2018
Age gap is a red flag, but if it’s played mainly as a comedy rather than a romance I can live with that. First episode had some funny moments, chemistry developing between the MCs, but they need to keep it pretty innocent or it may end up on the Pedobear Hall of Fame list.

Production seems a little on the weak side. Art style not that great but not horrible.

OP and ED are solid though. Will keep watching.
Mar 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Jul 2020
This show is definitely not for me. God, I hate Ryo so much lol. Yep, I know that's the point but I can't really sit through 12 more episodes just to see him become a good/better guy.

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 30, 2021 12:58 AM
Aug 2019
I don't mind age gaps and that's presuming if ML is matured enough to give FL space. This has the usual generic ML plus an age gap which almost feels irrelevant when his behavior is taken into account. Well still gonna watch to see where it goes since shows with age gaps are quite rare.
Mar 30, 2021 2:28 AM

Mar 2019
I just dont get why a show about an older guy like this forcing himself being in a girls life who is a high school student is ok? She clearly told him to leave her a lone and he is all like naaa all g i'm gonna keep annoying you. Sending a message like this is ok is wrong. Regardless of sexual attraction or love or whatever.
Mar 30, 2021 2:56 AM
Sep 2019
Already one episode into the series and I think that Ryo is way more of a simp than Subaru from Re Zero, I really do think this series will be a really fun show.
Mar 30, 2021 3:11 AM

Oct 2016
If I had a nickel for every show this season that involves an adult dude and a high school girl, I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened twice lmao. I actually really enjoyed that, wasn't expecting a lot when I saw the trailer. But now, I think it's going to be a fun show.

Dude's a creep, but I think that's the point. I think the show is just gonna be about how Ichika sees Ryo as a creepy nice dude and their banter, there should be no romantic developments. I really like Ichika, keep shutting that dude down. Also, that OP and ED fucking slaps. The voice recordings do be sounding kinda weird though lmao.
sKyBlazer08Mar 30, 2021 3:35 AM
Mar 30, 2021 3:27 AM

Jul 2014
Antanaru said:
a guy in his early 30s going after a JK...

He's clearly not in his early 30s, and age gap doesn't really matter for the events of the show.

Swizze said:
why a show about an older guy like this forcing himself being in a girls life who is a high school student is ok?

Because it's fiction. You can make stories about murder, crime, mafia, and WHATEVER you want and it's okay.
Swizze said:
Sending a message like this is ok is wrong.

What are you trying to see in the show? By the literal fact of the characters literally feeling creeped out by Ryou's behaviour the show is clearly stating this kind of behaviour is NOT OKAY. It doesn't mean it won't end well, though. Among all the possible wrong behaviours, this one is not that bad. And why doesn't she just call the cops on him? Because then the story would have already ended. It would have taken 3 manga pages to write such story and it wouldn't be interesting at all.

To be honest, I'm more worried about people wanting to tell a simple mangaka what she should not be writing about. Do you own her?

sKyBlazer08 said:
If I had a nickel for every show this season that involves an adult dude and a high school girl, I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened twice lmao.
You'd have three. There is also fruits basket coming.
LeviathanTheEspMar 30, 2021 9:35 AM
Mar 30, 2021 3:48 AM

Aug 2020
I thought it was ok for a first episode, it had some moments that made me chuckle and a pretty general introduction to the characters. I don't usually mind age gaps so I'm fine with that, I mind his creepiness and the enabling sister and mother more tbh.
The OP and ED was pretty nice but dear lord the VA quality was horrible (understandably because of the pandemic and working from home), I thought my headphones were broken and I had to test them with some music to make sure they were fine xD.
The animation was ok, the art style was not my favorite but not bad.
I'll stick around for a couple more episodes to see what direction it's going in but it might get dropped if it doesn't pick up with the characters or story

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Check out my Anilist profile for more detailed reviews and ratings! ♥

Mar 30, 2021 4:04 AM

Nov 2020
This anime made me super uncomfortable, but at the same time i thought this is pretty wholesome? I don't even know if i like this anime or not.
Mar 30, 2021 4:10 AM

Apr 2020
this is fun so far. i like the bickering couples. well tehnicly she is.. :P
but hes a scumbag and a womanizer.. soooo might have some drama?
Mar 30, 2021 4:23 AM

Jun 2020
OMG.......I’m dead......... Toyonaga Toshiyuki’s voice is so good......that was pure eargasm. I’m glad he’s a male lead in at least one seasonal for me this season♡ Hope they improve on the sound quality tho.

I like the art style. They look simple & normal. Like real people. What’s wrong with it?

Love the ED & its visuals too. And the sister is gorgeous!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 30, 2021 5:11 AM
Jul 2019
animegirl2533 said:
lov3lymj said:

I mean ppl watched a stepbro f his teacher and stepsis. Compared to that it's tame, they barley hold hands.
I gotta agree with this even tho i criticised it earlier we are past the point of bringing morals into anime the comedy is where it fell off for me i felt the scene where she called him creepy and he got starry eyed was a super played out trope and as someone mentioned above the color scheme
+ anime is extremely meh

Honestly what I'll never understand is that ppl here looked at the synopsis and the official art but then they are surprised.and freak out bc... omg it's age gap? Like I mean ...? It's pretty obvious.
Mar 30, 2021 5:18 AM

Mar 2020
so many people hated the pisode yet it has a score of 7 ?
check out odd taxi
Mar 30, 2021 6:21 AM
Jun 2020
Amazing opening, the show was very funny, but the MC is a complete idiot.
Mar 30, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2009
LeviathanTheEsp said:
To be honest, I'm more worried about people wanting to tell a simple mangaka what she should not be writing about.

It's because everything has to "send a good message" nowadays and everything has to be a social commentary, apparently. We can't just watch or read something without constantly seeing opinions how everything is problematic, toxic and not okay, as if those fictional characters are real people with human rights that the author must uphold and protect lmao.
ame-furiMar 30, 2021 7:21 AM
Mar 30, 2021 6:52 AM

Dec 2016
lov3lymj said:
animegirl2533 said:
I gotta agree with this even tho i criticised it earlier we are past the point of bringing morals into anime the comedy is where it fell off for me i felt the scene where she called him creepy and he got starry eyed was a super played out trope and as someone mentioned above the color scheme
+ anime is extremely meh

Honestly what I'll never understand is that ppl here looked at the synopsis and the official art but then they are surprised.and freak out bc... omg it's age gap? Like I mean ...? It's pretty obvious.

Not everybody reads synopsis, specially the ones in here that sometimes are cryptic and poorly redacted. A lot of us like to go fully blind into new seasonal shows to get the maximum experience without any bias, a good show will be a lot more enjoyable as a big surprise. Likewise a trash show will feel like swimming in a sceptic tank.
Mar 30, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 2020
So i like it more than i think i gonna like it,a good first episode i think this is my favorite first episode in this season so far
and when i first heard i think i will be wory about the age difference but after watching this episode i dont mind it
Mar 30, 2021 7:34 AM
Apr 2020
This is only on a first episode and I already can tell that this will be a good ol funny and romantic one. The one that is super disgusted and the one who is very masochistic from her insult. Simply a perfect combination to a romcom anime. 8/10 for starters Looking forward for more of their relationship :)

Also that OP was freakin good! Gonna download the full song now
Mar 30, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2012
kaiki_fan_boy said:
so many people hated the pisode yet it has a score of 7 ?

There's way more people watching the show, then there are people who use the forums.
Mar 30, 2021 8:50 AM

Aug 2019
Looks cute but a bit creepy tbh though that may be the point of the show. And another simp was born.
Art style and visuals was decent, im not entirely bothered by it.
OP and Ed was also really good.
Mar 30, 2021 9:17 AM
Mar 2021
I like it. Sweet and funny
Mar 30, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 2018
At the end of the day as long as everyone knows not to do this in real life and understand that the point of the show is to show how creepy the dude is then we all good, this is not a series to send an important message to children like some of y’all are acting like it is it’s just a comedy with some messed up characters.
Mar 30, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
Haven't watched it yet but reviewers are crying about an age gap, doubt it's even that big of one but i'll watch it just for this
Mar 30, 2021 10:36 AM
Feb 2019
The comedy and romance anime of season, i like so much, principaly of protagonist
Mar 30, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
Ugh... I won't say anything about the age gap, but I simply couldn't find funny the fact that he kept harassing the poor girl. Is there even a reason for his attitude? I simply can't believe that he fell in love after she saved him (+bento). She was polite with him, but I think he's a masochist and enjoys being rejected or humiliated. Otherwise, why would he act so creepy? Because of this, I couldn't even enjoy some moments I would've found funny otherwise. And what's up with his sister, why didn't she respect her friend's privacy? Too many questions for a first episode. I shall wait to see how things will develop next week...
JewsefinMar 31, 2021 12:47 AM
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Mar 30, 2021 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
LeviathanTheEsp said:
Antanaru said:
a guy in his early 30s going after a JK...

He's clearly not in his early 30s, and age gap doesn't really matter for the events of the show.
Clearly how? He seems to be somewhere in middle management, so considering how promotions in JP companies are highly dependent on length of work experience, even going with the whole "ooooh, so smart" shtick, he has to be around early 30s. Also, how's age gap not matter for the story? If it didn't matter, why make adult's love interest an underage girl? If it was just about his personality and her reactions, there would be no need to make it that way...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 30, 2021 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
that was really cute, glad i decided to watch it, can't wait for the next episode
Mar 30, 2021 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Antanaru said:

Clearly how? He seems to be somewhere in middle management, so considering how promotions in JP companies are highly dependent on length of work experience, even going with the whole "ooooh, so smart" shtick, he has to be around early 30s. Also, how's age gap not matter for the story? If it didn't matter, why make adult's love interest an underage girl? If it was just about his personality and her reactions, there would be no need to make it that way...

Around 30 not being the same as early 30 (It could be up to a 8 year difference), well... yeah.

And also, yes, it doesn't matter. Not in the sense of making the story interesting (it matters there), but in the sense of a romance. The only way a romance with an age gap would be wrong is if he were to ask for something sexual, her being underage. Anything else is just backwards people being backwards about it. And since there is nothing sexual about the story... yes. It doesn't matter.

Antanaru said:
If it didn't matter, why make adult's love interest an underage girl? If it was just about his personality and her reactions, there would be no need to make it that way...

Because she can, and because there's nothing wrong about that. The author can make her story be about anything she wants, given that she doesn't affect the rights of any real person. It's her story, and one can find it interesting, or not. What makes absolutely no sense is to get a feeling of moral superiority by ranting on a romance with an age gap, as if it were wrong.

Age gap romance is not wrong in any way. Age gap sex is wrong if one of the parts is underage. But this anime has nothing to do with sex. And I mean, if you're concerned about age gaps go watch Inuyasha, and remember than he is older than any living human, while Kagome is 15 for the most part of the story.
LeviathanTheEspMar 30, 2021 4:09 PM
Mar 30, 2021 11:52 AM
Feb 2016
That was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Really cute and funny.
Mar 30, 2021 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Disclaimer: I'm younger than MC and would still stay away from 17 year old girls

Needed to get that out of the way in order to be safe from the online lynch mob. Ryou is 27 btw and if Mei becomes 18 it should be ok, I guess. Also, it's not like she's hating him 🤷🏻‍♂️

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2021 12:09 PM
May 2020
LeviLeads said:
Is it just me or are the VA's sounding like they recording in a microwave

Yeah it sounds like an early 2000s anime at some points.
Mar 30, 2021 12:31 PM

Jan 2011
well, it's a fun story to kill my time.
but I am here just to keep read kids tears and complaints about the show every week lol
it's always fun to see someone triggered by fictions
Mar 30, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
There's a lot that's deeply, profoundly unpleasant about this show at a level that I'm not sure I can even begin to plumb. Even if the characters were the same age instead of one being twice the age of the other, it would still be trying to romanticize a misogynist stalker relentlessly harassing every single woman around him, and how it's really not so bad and he has his good points too. Superficially, it points out that it's creepy for him to be twice her age, and then it spends the rest of the episode giggling about how he threatens her (and other women), harasses her, stalks her, refuses to stop when she tells him to, and he and his sister repeatedly trick her into giving him personal information that she didn't want him to have.

You wouldn't have to change a single thing in the writing to make this a horror thriller in the vein of Fatal Attraction, just stop throwing up silly faces and/or pastel sparkly bubble backgrounds. It's like someone took one of the zillion BL affairs about an older dude preying on the young twink and decided to try to market it for the heterosexual audience instead. It's no less creepy! The worst part though is that it's clearly only going to get worse from here. It would already be a low effort, low budget affair even without all the creepiness, but what is there to this show except for the creepiness?
Mar 30, 2021 1:44 PM
Jun 2019
Idk why many hated this show but for me this is one of the best romcom anime so far so fun to watch ... don't mind the age gap it's not too far i wouldn't want it if the age gap is 40+ somehting
Mar 30, 2021 2:07 PM
Nov 2019
I'm sad at how many people hated it in the poll. I enjoyed it. I feel like the only reason people don't like it is because of he age difference between the two mc's, which I personally don't have a problem with.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

116 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

61 by cableguyjay »»
May 1, 2023 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.