Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2021 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
Good ending , everyone is too strong , especially from hoshimi pro who never lose in any battle . literally

btw, is it normal to have 10 person in a unit ?
will it make the stage cramped ? ( of course the real wont be like in anime i believe )
Well Duh...

Apr 4, 2021 4:03 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Got my weak ass crying over here like a slightly leaky faucet. How dare they...
Definitely suing.

I did really enjoy this series. They tried to put a lot into it and I really appreciated that. It came across well enough. I don't care too much about the whole two groups winning thing. It's whatever. They told the story fine for me. It's whateves. I'm okay with it.

Dead_Walk said:
btw, is it normal to have 10 person in a unit ?
will it make the stage cramped ? ( of course the real wont be like in anime i believe )

Ten's not unheard of at all for an idol group.

Ten is nothing... for a group like AKB48 which has about 99 members currently spread out into teams of usually about 20-25 members each team (with exceptions).

Here's Morning Musume with just ten members dancing in this video from the past. They currently have 14 members though.

And then even for fictional-idol LIVEs with the voice actors, ten members or more is no biggie.

SwiggyApr 4, 2021 4:06 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 4, 2021 6:02 AM

Feb 2018
Damn, that's almost make me cry, and also sayonara Mana... Best anime in this season
Apr 6, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2020
It best music , singing and dance anime I would like to see season 2 if they have it
Apr 8, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2015
I'm actually torn between being disappointed or being impressed by this show. It had a lot of potentially good scenarios that can be made with how much they've introduced in the throughout, trinityaile's storyline, haruko being a late bloomer, the thing going on with rei, even moreso on mana, etc. Lots of things I've pictured that would have been great if given more focus but you can't really have all those so I guess I'm fine with the end product, I just feel regret that all we've got are things that barely touched the surface and it never really reached its potential. It was great though, thoroughly gonna miss this show even if they played it safe the whole way through
Apr 8, 2021 3:40 PM

Mar 2017
Ahhh this is no doubt one of the best girl idol anime’s I’ve seen in awhile. I’m disappointed by the tie for the finals, but it was to be expected so even though it disappoints me a bit, I’m choosing not to mind it too much. After all, like the managers said, they may have won this one but who knows for the next competitions to come if they’ll win again or lose to their other rivals.

That Makino and Mana scene though. ;A; I knew it was something that was coming, but they really did the scene so well that I teared up a bit over how their love for each other just can’t happen anymore. If only they could’ve been together, but even if Mana was alive they wouldn’t have been able to because of their business relationship man. Their relationship was so well done even though it wasn’t even the main focus for the anime, and it makes me sad to see how their love will remain in a what could’ve been. :((
Apr 13, 2021 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
what can i say?

1st episode was epic up until the last moment...where i freaking HATED that ending scene, and went from "omg this anime is awesome" to being 0.000000001cm (whatever the name of that movie) away from dropping it there ...

i didn't drop it, and had tons of fun after that, i guess Mana being there was a nice touch
and ofc almost every episode made me stay and listen to one of their songs from that episode for like 10 times before i left, i even HAD to sub to their youtube channel

about this episode, not sure if i like the draw, but i guess overall it was a nice episode
it was expected that Mana would disappear (good thing nothing happened to Sakura tho), and her final moments were quite good too, nice kiss lol

overall, i probably should go with a 6/7 but i'll be generous and give an 8, will probably listen to their songs a lot more times on youtube, and will gladly check some more if they release a 2nd season (which i don't think they will but we never know)
i don't think i'll play the game if it gets release in global, as i already play Bandori and LoveLive, but i wish the franchise all the luck

favorite characters - Mana > Mei > Kotono > Sakura > Rei
i put Mei on my sig, because the sig is based on episode 6, but i wonder if i would put Mana or even Kotono if i were to make it now lol

fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 13, 2021 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
I really love this anime!
The story plot is different than any other idol anime!
The music is spectacular!

If this had a 2nd season, I'd definitely watch it ~
Apr 29, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is trash it got really boring till the end the plot is boring the characters are trash even mana is a boring character. i was expecting really high, higher than the moon and sun but damn this made me happy but sad the mana scene is so emotional and it made me cry a bit especially the song, this is so great so i gave it a 9/10(did i got u?)😆
May 11, 2021 11:20 AM
May 2021
Does anyone knows what Mana said in the last part? The part where it has no audio, I'm really hoping it was "I love you always".
Jul 14, 2021 2:15 AM

Sep 2015
Lmao they really made it a draw. Saw this BS coming miles away.

kyou_on said:
TBH, I'm not a fan of these "plot armor" both sunny peace and tsuki no tempest get in these two episodes. Two newbie groups beating veterans? Give me a break.

I'm sensing some BS coming soon in the last episode like a tie or straight-up not showing us the final performance. Can't take this seriously anymore.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 31, 2021 8:06 AM
Jan 2021
Wow that ending didn't expect that ending with the two winning and the kiss.
Just wow.
Sep 5, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2014
This is EXACTLY how
should have ended. Hated the ghost concept at first but ended really well.

LizNoir were easily the best idols and were robbed but I'm glad Kotono sang Mana's song.
Sep 21, 2021 12:03 PM
Apr 2020
Having read a Japanese blog post on this episode, it's apparent that the "predictable ending" in the final round of the competition was actually meant to be some sort of symbolism about the sun and moon not being able to surpass one another.
Nov 20, 2021 2:35 AM
Sep 2020
I have finished this anime, the final episode is the masterpiece of this anime, I really cried I was in Makino's position, lost the person who accompanied me
Dec 29, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2018
Romax24245 said:
Having read a Japanese blog post on this episode, it's apparent that the "predictable ending" in the final round of the competition was actually meant to be some sort of symbolism about the sun and moon not being able to surpass one another.

That makes total sense; it's the yin/yang complementary duality. Besides, Sakura and Kotono both have an intimate connection to Mana (as does their manager), so of course they all had to win. Not to mention the foreshadowing from the very beginning with all 10 singing and performing together in the OP. For all those reasons, it was obvious they'd all win in the end, and it was obvious (to me anyway) that it had to be that way. (But still, I think it also could have been effective to have Sunny Peace win; I think that could still have worked with the character growth for Kotono.)

Some people were disappointed that Mana seemed flat or didn't get a lot of character development; however, I think it makes sense because Mana isn't a main character here. She serves instead as more of a catalyst for the other characters - which seems appropriate for a ghost. And it seems even more appropriate given her name: "mana" is the catalyst for magic, right? Mana's primary purpose is to see others succeed - the ones who have her heart... Sakura (literally) and her loved ones Makino and Kotono (metaphorically). So Mana is the catalyst for these characters growing and achieving their goals: the "magic" that they must do. It all fits.

The series was really about Makino, Sakura, and Kotono developing and coming to terms with their pasts and living their own best lives for themselves. In various ways they get a kick in the right direction from Mana, but the story's really about those other three. I thought the show could have done a lot more with developing all of the characters, though (even the side characters) if the producers had been given a full season to work with instead of just one cour. It's unfortunate, since the writing for this was generally really good otherwise. (The title even - a "pride" is a group of lionesses and one male lion. There are many such subtle elements and layers of meaning here that one can find with a little patience and careful viewing.) The weak areas, including the shortcuts involved in having the groups skyrocket up the competition, I blame more on the lack of adequate time to develop those parts of the story than on the overall fundamental quality of the writing itself.

With the resolution of the three character arcs (they all realize their best destinies), the story is complete and really doesn't need another season. But maybe some day this'll be remade as the full story that it deserves to be.

And that sad, romantic ending... yeah, well done, and a smack right in the heart strings. Stirring, melancholy, and good sense of closure. Nice job.
Please don't feed the trolls.

Apr 29, 2022 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
Such a emotional and sad farewell. Mana was able to confess her feelings to Makino before disappearing. Its just had to end like this...

Still, I'm happy Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest won in a tie and did a final performance both.

It was a decent idol series with a mixed of feels at the end. Still feels sad about Mana dying without reaching her goal and died so young. Makes me think if they put ghost stories here might as well put reincarnation into the story and reincarnate Mana years later after the final episode. But meh. That's just my wishful thinking of mine.

I dunno, nor I don't see this getting an S2.

Time to move on with another idol anime which is more cheerful this time.
May 11, 2022 4:21 PM
Mar 2019
No one expected that, except me.
What a terrible ending to an average Anime.
At least make it worth watching.
No more Please!!
Aug 22, 2022 12:25 AM

Aug 2017
Didn't like it. 4/10. They should have just reincarnated Mana and gone full supernatural.

In 3 years if the manager hasn't found a girlfriend, the man has problems.

No idol anime can compare to Love Live 1/2 and Superstar.
Oct 7, 2022 2:55 AM
May 2019
An absolute masterpiece. I adored this series more than most others. A strong 100/10 from me.
Oct 14, 2022 3:40 PM

Dec 2012
Felt like the anime had a really strong ending but it kind of flopped the process with really bland side characters

Really got annoyed by the fact that all the idols outside of Kotono and Sakura were literally just soulless puppets the entire show (maybe Mei had some development since she could see Mana, but that's about it really....)
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 25, 2022 5:25 AM
Dec 2021
The best anime idol ever i watch, this make me happy also sheds tears
Apr 29, 2023 5:18 AM
Jul 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jul 28, 2023 8:36 AM
Jan 2021
Just coming back from Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer.

Kindly happy to see, Idoly Pride has same storytelling structures and cinematic structures as that movie. To tackle some critics, the anime mainly has Makino's point-of-view, by Rashomon Effect analysis.
Nov 12, 2023 8:59 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Ah damn I hate this kind of ending it's like a anohana and it's hit me hard
Nov 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Mar 2013
Now that's an epic finalization of this series. It could be great if they made Mana reveal her ghostly self to everyone who was there and made her sing a song but that didn't happen, unfortunately.

I can clearly say that the songs are wonderfully made, the casts and characters were well made, the supporting characters looks surreal, and most of all, I didn't get bored watching this series which made my experience much more rewarding to see this finality, and at the same time, crying my eyes out for Mana's removal from the story. 😭😭😭

Now, do I play the mobile game or not? 🫠

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:32 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 14, 2021

34 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.