Forum Settings
Forums

worrying if Park will be the director of this movie too? since the quality drop might happen just like in My Hero Academia with TV sequels every year and a movie release every 1-2 years

New
Mar 28, 2021 5:33 AM

Jan 2009
https://myanimelist.net/people/46629/Seong-Hu_Park
https://myanimelist.net/people/6185/Tadashi_Hiramatsu

this 2 staff members is what i care about most with Jujutsu Kaisen franchise

thoughts?
Mar 28, 2021 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
I doubt the core staff will change, it's unlikely Park will change but Tadashi Hiramatsu could (or at least just do the character designs)
_______I like rocks__
Mar 28, 2021 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
Atlos said:
I doubt the core staff will change, it's unlikely Park will change but Tadashi Hiramatsu could (or at least just do the character designs)

ye on second thought, Tadashi only did the CAD for the first episode so he does not matter much
Mar 28, 2021 7:25 AM
Jan 2021
This is a completely different situation from My Hero Academia. It's a canon movie and not made at the same time as the show.
Mar 28, 2021 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
I prefer to compare with KNY instead of MHA ..
Btw. YOu have the longest thread name I have ever seen before..😂
Mar 29, 2021 5:22 PM

Nov 2019
Keep our boy Yoshimasa Terui who did the OSTs into the movie, at least.
Mar 29, 2021 11:52 PM
Feb 2013
It’s not like BHA simply due to the fact that this IS a canon part of the story, and not some spin off idea to cash in on the property whilst the show is airing like in the case of BHA. Volume 0 is an integral part of understanding the story of JJK and the events that will take place in season 2, but due to its nature as a prequel doesn’t fit’ the tv format as there’s really no where they can fit it in without sacrificing the tight pacing of the show. This is more of a KNY situation as others have said. It’s the next part of the main story, so the core team won’t change.
Mar 30, 2021 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
dedeogbe said:
It’s not like BHA simply due to the fact that this IS a canon part of the story, and not some spin off idea to cash in on the property whilst the show is airing like in the case of BHA. Volume 0 is an integral part of understanding the story of JJK and the events that will take place in season 2, but due to its nature as a prequel doesn’t fit’ the tv format as there’s really no where they can fit it in without sacrificing the tight pacing of the show. This is more of a KNY situation as others have said. It’s the next part of the main story, so the core team won’t change.

im a manga reader so i know that well, but Jujutsu Kaisen can still make spin-off movies if Shueisha wills it thats the worry

and my main worry here is that the TV sequel and this movie might be close in production with each other so the core team might be the same for both but the quality will suffer for the TV sequel, since movies are usually the top priority
Mar 30, 2021 3:15 AM
Feb 2013
deg said:
dedeogbe said:

im a manga reader so i know that well, but Jujutsu Kaisen can still make spin-off movies if Shueisha wills it thats the worry

and my main worry here is that the TV sequel and this movie might be close in production with each other so the core team might be the same for both but the quality will suffer for the TV sequel, since movies are usually the top priority

Doubt it. If there were a second season near the time frame of the movie's release, they would have announced it as well. Especially during the final episode to assure fans that it's in development. The fact they haven't shows that they're focused on this project as the next big one, rather than as a side one in addition to a second season. Mappa also doesnt have an entire division of staff to pull that off with even if they wanted to, like with Bones which has one division focused solely on MHA and making content for it.
dedeogbeMar 30, 2021 8:23 AM
Mar 30, 2021 3:52 PM
Mar 2018
dedeogbe said:
deg said:

Doubt it. If there were a second season near the time frame of the movie's release, they would have announced it as well. Especially during the final episode to assure fans that it's in development. The fact they haven't shows that they're focused on this project as the next big one, rather than as a side one in addition to a second season. Mappa also doesnt have an entire division of staff to pull that off with even if they wanted to, like with Bones which has one division focused solely on MHA and making content for it.
Most of what you said is right apart from the MAPPA doesn't have an entire division of staff, um...MAPPA is a much bigger studio than Bones, that's why they are even able to have so many shows in production around the same time. JJK, AOT, Zombieland Saga, Yasuke, CSM, they all have completely different staff.
Mar 31, 2021 6:05 AM
Feb 2013
ElGoblino said:
dedeogbe said:

Most of what you said is right apart from the MAPPA doesn't have an entire division of staff, um...MAPPA is a much bigger studio than Bones, that's why they are even able to have so many shows in production around the same time. JJK, AOT, Zombieland Saga, Yasuke, CSM, they all have completely different staff.

Sorry, should have been clearer. What i was talking about specifically was dividing a team WITHIN a team. So like in the case of BHA, they have a team working on the movies and a team working on the TV shows, making up an entire production division focused entirely on that particular IP. JJK has a team of people working on it, but it's certainly not large enough for Mappa to make similar decisions with it. The reason being because, as you've correctly said, they have other productions that they're working on concurrently as well. This may change in the future obviously given the success of the series, but as of now with this particular example, they literally don't have the man power to afford that kind of split as they would have to pull it from somewhere else (if that makes any sense? lol).
Mar 31, 2021 8:10 AM
Mar 2018
dedeogbe said:
ElGoblino said:

Sorry, should have been clearer. What i was talking about specifically was dividing a team WITHIN a team. So like in the case of BHA, they have a team working on the movies and a team working on the TV shows, making up an entire production division focused entirely on that particular IP. JJK has a team of people working on it, but it's certainly not large enough for Mappa to make similar decisions with it. The reason being because, as you've correctly said, they have other productions that they're working on concurrently as well. This may change in the future obviously given the success of the series, but as of now with this particular example, they literally don't have the man power to afford that kind of split as they would have to pull it from somewhere else (if that makes any sense? lol).
Oh, I get you now but it wasn't very clear in your initial comment. The MHA team is not big enough to be divided either tbh, S4 suffered greatly because of the movie.
Apr 1, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
I think jjk will following kny scheme, not mha, because jjk movie is cannon
Apr 15, 2021 7:00 AM

Jun 2015
Park is responsible for the worst episodes in the JJK adaption. So I couldnt give less of a fuck.
Apr 16, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2020
Good thing they're not pulling an MHA or KNY.
I don't know why people wanted Hidden Inventory to be a movie.
Could you imagine trying to fit Volume 0 in between the anime arcs?
I'm curious on how the movie will look as a whole.
If it will have one cohesive "identity".
Nycro said:
Park is responsible for the worst episodes in the JJK adaption. So I couldnt give less of a fuck.
Which episodes are those cause the episodes with him seem pretty good?
Apr 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2020
I just want the quality to stay consistent.Not too high but on par with the quality of the anime.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 28, 2021 2:51 AM
Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Good thing they're not pulling an MHA or KNY.
I don't know why people wanted Hidden Inventory to be a movie.
Could you imagine trying to fit Volume 0 in between the anime arcs?
I'm curious on how the movie will look as a whole.
If it will have one cohesive "identity".
Nycro said:
Which episodes are those cause the episodes with him seem pretty good?

He only directed 2 episodes of the show. 7 and 24 Which were great don't know what that guy is on about.
Apr 30, 2021 2:05 PM

Sep 2020
deg said:
https://myanimelist.net/people/46629/Seong-Hu_Park
https://myanimelist.net/people/6185/Tadashi_Hiramatsu

this 2 staff members is what i care about most with Jujutsu Kaisen franchise

thoughts?

idk bro i just want both of them
May 12, 2021 10:05 AM
Dec 2018
Why is he listed as THE director for the anime when he has only done 2 episodes?
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Jun 3, 2021 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
Conceptualhero said:
Why is he listed as THE director for the anime when he has only done 2 episodes?

there are staff position called Episode Director so a Series Director like Park is just some supervisory role or major decision maker most of the time

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2021

381 by Gabriel31YT »»
3 hours ago

» Yuta should had been the protagonist of the Whole Series ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Sep 20, 2022

50 by Ant161718 »»
Apr 2, 9:37 PM

» is it too late

Oya-Oya - Mar 26

20 by acension_986 »»
Mar 28, 9:07 AM

» NOW is the perfect time to watch this after EP1-5 on S02

xXTensaZenXx - Aug 3, 2023

12 by kiyokaii2001 »»
Feb 11, 8:18 PM

» Why did Gojo have to do that at the end of the film?

DarKViVi66 - Oct 8, 2023

15 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 16, 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.