Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 27, 2021 7:32 PM
Sep 2020
Mar 27, 2021 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
i think so.
miyamura came into the relationship with piercings and long hair, and took all that stuff out for her. he also made so many new friends yet she acts territorial (the biting) and tells him “don’t fall for a guy!”

she also never thinks about how he feels for anything, he’s always doing things to fit her; the horror movies, the downgrading kink
Mar 27, 2021 8:41 PM
Sep 2020
Oh, nice opinión.
Mar 27, 2021 8:44 PM

Dec 2013
There's already another thread with the exact same title.
Mar 27, 2021 8:49 PM
Jun 2020
Damn just let it be wholesome
Mar 27, 2021 9:47 PM

Jan 2021
Do we think she may have learned this behavior from, idk, a parent maybe?
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Mar 27, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2021
Why there are two same threads ?
Mar 27, 2021 11:03 PM
Feb 2017
karamansham said:
i think so.
miyamura came into the relationship with piercings and long hair, and took all that stuff out for her. he also made so many new friends yet she acts territorial (the biting) and tells him “don’t fall for a guy!”

she also never thinks about how he feels for anything, he’s always doing things to fit her; the horror movies, the downgrading kink

I'm not disagreeing with you but with the bite thing I'm guessing ur referring to the bite on miyamuras neck after they had sex theres actually a theory that she bit him as payback because he wasn't wearing a condom.
Mar 28, 2021 6:33 AM
Aug 2018
No, she's not. Miyamura changed His style, because of his selfawarness, not because Hori wanted him to do so. She was angry at him in this episode, she loves him with all her heart. All these "gay" scenes are for comedy reason. Also, I know a lot of women who think that gay cheating is a worse for them to manage. Are they toxic? No, please let people think what they want to think. Hori is really normal girl. She loves her boyfriend and wants every good thing for him.
Mar 28, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Well, In my opinion yeah I guess so.
Mar 28, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2020
Good job starting a thread just to promote your list (?).
There‘s already a topic about this admins please delete this.
Mar 28, 2021 7:04 AM
Nov 2020
karamansham said:
i think so.

In regards to his piercings, they could be considered a kind of self harm as he did them himself with a safety pin when he was extremely depressed and honestly suicidal. His hair was kept long purely as a form of escapism, to hide his piercings and hide from peers. If his piercings were in and visible he would get in trouble. I view these character changes as an improvement of his mental health. For the first time in his life Miya has friends and doesn't feel so lonely.
As for the guy thing, you could view it as Hori being insecure that she can't provide or Miya won't be happy with what she has to offer as a girl and will turn to a guy to feel more "fulfilled" in his relationship.
I don't necessarily agree with how Hori is treating Miyamura and I believe she is definitely pushing him too far as he is also being a major push over but I believe she still has room to redeem herself. We have to see how much of the hate is because its the girl in the relationship being "bossy" and how much is Miya just wanting her to be happy.
Mar 28, 2021 7:09 AM

Feb 2020
karamansham said:
i think so.

Oh but i actually have to say something about this. I think for miyamura the piercing where just a coping mechanism for his depression. In his case getting piercings and tattoos equals to self harm. Not saying people with piercings have mental health issues (i have a few myself) but we saw Miyamura making them just because he was unhappy with himself. And hiding behind long hair could have been a sign of low self esteem. So i guess what the author wants to show is that since he‘s with Hori and has friends he doesn’t need all that anymore. Just my theory tho.
Mar 28, 2021 7:10 AM

Feb 2020
kinglykendal said:
karamansham said:
i think so.

In regards to his piercings, they could be considered a kind of self harm as he did them himself with a safety pin when he was extremely depressed and honestly suicidal. His hair was kept long purely as a form of escapism, to hide his piercings and hide from peers. If his piercings were in and visible he would get in trouble. I view these character changes as an improvement of his mental health. For the first time in his life Miya has friends and doesn't feel so lonely.
As for the guy thing, you could view it as Hori being insecure that she can't provide or Miya won't be happy with what she has to offer as a girl and will turn to a guy to feel more "fulfilled" in his relationship.
I don't necessarily agree with how Hori is treating Miyamura and I believe she is definitely pushing him too far as he is also being a major push over but I believe she still has room to redeem herself. We have to see how much of the hate is because its the girl in the relationship being "bossy" and how much is Miya just wanting her to be happy.

Lol i literally almost wrote the same thing at the same time glad i‘m not the only one who thinks so.
Apr 10, 2021 12:30 AM
Mar 2021
come on, it’s an anime. are you gonna be mad at a fictional characteršŸ˜
Apr 14, 2021 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
Nope I don't think she is. In fact she is the type of realistic that I can appreciate in anime. Normally I don't like realism in anime. I get enough of that from life. But Hori is realistic in a relatable way. So when the male protagonist is an introvert with a personality like Izumi's, Hori is a good match for him, that helps them explore each other's boundaries. For example Izumi can get violent, but at the same time it's a side of him he doesn't like, but feels is necessary for dealing with certain people. Hori is a depenadble sister, student and friend, so with those she compensates for her negatives.

The last thing I want to add is her biting him, to exercise ownership is something I loved (it's the first time I have seen it happening in anime). And her kink adds a layer to the series, not just her personality.
Apr 14, 2021 3:32 AM

Oct 2020
Come on. Stop asking this silly question. Of course, she isn't toxic. Look at Miyamura before he met Hori, he had no friends, and was very miserable as a high school student. Then, look at Miyamura after he met Hori, he now has lots of friends, not only that but he also gained confidence. Sure, Hori acted jealous and defensive when others are getting close to Miyamura but that's his boyfriend. What did you think Hori should do lol. Give him up to others? Come on man, be better than this.
Sep 20, 2021 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
zieek said:
Nope I don't think she is. In fact she is the type of realistic that I can appreciate in anime. Normally I don't like realism in anime. I get enough of that from life. But Hori is realistic in a relatable way. So when the male protagonist is an introvert with a personality like Izumi's, Hori is a good match for him, that helps them explore each other's boundaries. For example Izumi can get violent, but at the same time it's a side of him he doesn't like, but feels is necessary for dealing with certain people. Hori is a depenadble sister, student and friend, so with those she compensates for her negatives.

The last thing I want to add is her biting him, to exercise ownership is something I loved (it's the first time I have seen it happening in anime). And her kink adds a layer to the series, not just her personality.

I really don't think so. Hori is one of the worst matches possible for him imo.
But it begins with the fact that I can't stand women, who are looking for a shy guy-boyfriend. They are the same as men, who are falling for a waifu-type woman, because they won't speak up so much. These people couldn't deal with a partner on eye level. ^^'

I think Hori is in long run really not good for him.
He changes his style soon after he entered the relationship.

She indirectly forces him to insult her in public and even in front of her friends, although he tells her about his discomfort almost every time. She forces him in general to do things he's not comfortable with.

He finally makes friends and start to open up and Hori starts to get jealous af, even of his male friends, instead of feeling genuinely happy for him and not making her jealousy and herself the center again.
He's not even allowed to meet a female friend in his free time without her getting abusive. In the end, HE apologized too, not only her. I just wanted to shake him too lol.
removed-userSep 20, 2021 7:37 AM
Sep 20, 2021 7:38 AM

Sep 2020
Hori is toxic but only in the sense that she is really territorial

Sep 25, 2021 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hori is the reason I couldn't finish the anime. She's terrible.
Jan 22, 2022 3:02 AM
Apr 2020
I don't like Hori as a character very much, though admittedly there is a certain realism in her character as teenage girls can be quite mean towards one another. I don't like how she treats Miyamura in their relationship and with that I mean that she isn't shy about hitting him. On the other hand we see Miyamura being capable of putting people in their place, but this stops when it comes to Hori.
Jan 24, 2022 2:36 PM
Dec 2021
@karamansham
Not to be rude but based on what you said I rlly don’t think you’ve watched the whole show or even watched the ending but oh okay I also respect what you say tho
God Bless
Mar 13, 2022 8:45 AM
Jun 2021
Miyamura did his piercings and had tattoo as a form of self harm when he didn't have friends when he was younger. He grow his hair to hide those piercing and his face. Hori-san want's him to stop wearing them because she know why he did it. She does not want him to hurt himself again. She might get overboard in preventing him form having more piercing but her intentions are good. As aomeone who had been there, it's really touching to see even in anime. It's even more clear in the manga why Hori-san wants him to stop wearing piercing. Also the part that she gets jealous of his male friends is not "toxic". It just shows that Hori-san is a human being that can also get jealous.
Mar 13, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2020
Not aimed at op

But I kind of feel like people who complain about maybe borderline or questionable toxic characters are the one who love actual extreme toxic character (like Genocide manics, ntr bastards, child killer, sluts, axe crazy yandare etc)
AdampkMar 13, 2022 9:04 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 19, 2022 2:40 PM

May 2015
Yamareie said:
Miyamura did his piercings and had tattoo as a form of self harm when he didn't have friends when he was younger. He grow his hair to hide those piercing and his face. Hori-san want's him to stop wearing them because she know why he did it. She does not want him to hurt himself again. She might get overboard in preventing him form having more piercing but her intentions are good. As aomeone who had been there, it's really touching to see even in anime. It's even more clear in the manga why Hori-san wants him to stop wearing piercing. Also the part that she gets jealous of his male friends is not "toxic". It just shows that Hori-san is a human being that can also get jealous.

Never really thought of it like that. I always thought Miyamura did it because he wanted to be more accepted, particularly by Hori’s family, and hid that stuff because, ya know, he’d get in trouble lol. Maybe that’s just the manga or I misinterpreted it. The way you thought of it is sweet.

I feel like the way I’d describe Hori is “possibly insane”, but if I think about any quirky anime character too hard they’d probably end up being considered toxic. I just think Hori is supposed to be extra but not necessarily a bad person.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 23, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.