Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2021 4:52 AM

Sep 2018
Wait i thought this week would be Ep 0 as a recap, but its ep 1?

The OP and ED are good,but previous ones were much better.
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 27, 2021 4:56 AM
Nov 2020
recap ep was meh tbh, OP and ED weren't that good either but the animation towards the middle of the op was rly cool. I also saw alot of weird shots (especially deku) this ep- hopefully the future eps will look better 6/10 for this ep
Mar 27, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
straight hot garbage. I didn't even expect it to be good. This anime is overrated.
Mar 27, 2021 5:00 AM

May 2020
man! i missed uraraka's ass so much, finally
Mar 27, 2021 5:04 AM
Jan 2021
vestun said:
straight hot garbage. I didn't even expect it to be good. This anime is overrated.

Calm down,its just the first episode that too an anime orginal filler episode.i bet by the end of this season this anime will not seem overrated
Mar 27, 2021 5:05 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Ah yes, the infamous welcome back episode.

Tbh, I preferred last seasons opening episode, but the real content is coming next, so hey!
Mar 27, 2021 5:09 AM

Mar 2017
Nice start to the new season with some hella awesome battle scenes and some fantastic comedy moments - I especially loved Bakugou going rage mode on Amajiki and blowing everyone up haha

As a manga reader, I really love the anime original content because it's something we haven't seen before and it reminds us of where we're at with the story whilst reintroducing the important characters.

Also, after reading the latest arc of BNHA I think the manga readers really needed this light hearted episode!
Mar 27, 2021 5:11 AM

Oct 2019
jesus they ended on the worst scene they could possibly end on, this makes hawks look sooo baaad
Jan 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:

Umm.. You are 20 years of age, correct? Uraraka's 14 years old, she's practically a minor-.

Mar 2017
vestun said:

If you think it's garbage and overrated, why are you still watching it 5 seasons later?
Mar 27, 2021 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I just wanted to see if it got better. But it didn't so that's that.
Mar 27, 2021 5:18 AM

Oct 2019
HannahEdits said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

Umm.. You are 20 years of age, correct? Uraraka's 14 years old, she's practically a minor-.

can't speak for the other guy since I don't really know him and what's his thought process but you do understand that it's only a drawing right son? and if you're gonna try to prove a point at least get your facts straight, Uraraka is currently 16
Mar 27, 2021 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Nachiappan said:
vestun said:

Calm down,its just the first episode that too an anime orginal filler episode.i bet by the end of this season this anime will not seem overrated
Well, I guess this is just a "Welcome Back" Episode. I'll give the next episode a shot and if it's good I'll keep watching I guess. Also I may seem like a blatant hater but I used to really like mha, anywho I'll give the rest a chance.
Mar 27, 2021 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
Farmaceut said:
Wait i thought this week would be Ep 0 as a recap, but its ep 1?

The OP and ED are good,but previous ones were much better.

Same here. That's kind of how it was even advertised saying episode 0 today and episode 1 next week. I wonder what happened. I'm not upset or anything, just confused.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 27, 2021 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
They hyped up a literal introduction episode.

What a way to ruin the premiere.
Mar 27, 2021 5:25 AM

Oct 2015
Well, Boku no Hero Academia is back with its 5th season. The opening song was cute-ish and the ending was quite catchy.
. They were playing heroes and villains and again telling everyone's quirks and names. Endeavor as the number one fighting the nomu was cool and Hawks giving support. (I probably wrote the names wrong) And there was Dadi... and then Hawks...
Overall nice first episode^^ or episode 0^^
SweetheadMar 27, 2021 5:31 AM

Aug 2015
As always the OP and ED are amazing!

Endeavour encounters Dabi!

Looking forward to the actual show starting next week!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸

Mar 2020
the ED is too wholesome
Mar 27, 2021 5:32 AM

Mar 2020
yellowheartren said:
I struggle to see why some people call this a recap episode, when all we had in lieu of recap was like, what, 2 or maybe 3 short flashbacks. Everything else is a new episode, albeit definitely in a "business as usual" fashion: yet another drill, yet another destroyed area, yet another rescue.... Hell, having watched Heroes Rising just yesterday, and the Kesshi no Survival Kunren OVA earlier today, this one felt even more repetitive than it otherwise should have: more ruins, more dividing up into mostly the same groups (heck, even the Baku-Kiri-Denki threesome got together again, not that that's something to complain about), more inert civilian to rescue.... The Big Three was a nice addition though, to me Amajiki remains the single most relatable one with his aversion to people and being outside, so that's always an extra layer of lol, but then ofc he pushes through because he's just that much better.

The OP I'm really indifferent about; but the ED does sound and look great, even just after the initial watch. One thing I really hope we won't see any more of is the introduction of every single character - it's the fifth damn season, everyone knows every damn UA student and permanent support (be it staff, pro hero or villain) by now. I'd also appreciate updated character cards in the middle: a new "profile photo" and some newer/random facts instead of the age-old basics about the age-old original characters would go a long way making them anything but completely pointless.

Overall, a decent start to settle back into the universe after - well, fun little fact, we're just one week off from the anniversary of the end of s4 in 2020. Some bits of rust still remain, though, that really should be scraped off...
by scrap do you mean the the parts where the artwork was a bit inconsistent?....I think that the recap ep was a list minute addition but the artwork of reintroducing the characters with their quirks was awesome since umakoshi returned for S5.
Mar 27, 2021 5:35 AM

May 2020
HannahEdits said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

yeah i know, what so wrong in liking an anime character's ass lol
Mar 27, 2021 5:52 AM

Oct 2009
i_m_a_con_man said:
by scrap do you mean the the parts where the artwork was a bit inconsistent?....I think that the recap ep was a list minute addition but the artwork of reintroducing the characters with their quirks was awesome since umakoshi returned for S5.

Scrape off, as in scratch off the bits of rust - those character introductions and character cards I talked about. They get old after the first season in every anime. And yeah, this is still not a recap episode.
Mar 27, 2021 6:04 AM
Oct 2016
The standard MHA season opener with the reintroduction of all the characters. Glad it wasn't a straight up recap showing all the previous events but instead reminded everyone what all the quirks were from the Class A students. Which makes sense considering what this first arc of the season will be but honestly does me no good since I know what they all are anyways. Kinda just had it on as background noise that I looked at every half minute or so. The real juicy stuff happened in the after credits scene! Picking up right where season four left off with Endeavor and Hawks defeating the High End Nomu. Dabi strutting over afterwards to see what's up. This season Will pack a wallop so I hope folks are ready!
Mar 27, 2021 6:12 AM
Nov 2018
I disliked them havin this as the first ep, but it’s fine anyways, waitin for the next week episode patiently, we got aot tomorrow which will pay off hopefully 🔥
Mar 27, 2021 6:19 AM

Mar 2021
straight garbage first episode+garbage opening lmao
Mar 27, 2021 6:25 AM
Apr 2012
It's the 5th season already, we don't need them to waste panels to explain their @!&*! quirks for crying out loud... The only good thing about this episode was the appearance of the Big three.
Iirc the first half of this season is gonna be pretty boring but oh well, can't expect more from mha, the definition of 6-7/10.
MugiwarateamMar 27, 2021 6:30 AM
Mar 27, 2021 6:27 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
AyyMayy said:
As always the OP and ED are amazing!

Endeavour encounters Dabi!

Looking forward to the actual show starting next week!

Mar 27, 2021 6:39 AM
Nov 2008
If jujutsu is high budget zoomer trash, this is lowest budget zoomer trash lmao
Mar 27, 2021 6:43 AM
Jan 2021
I knew this wasn't gonna be canon, I still wish Shinso and 1-B did something though😪 Also I'd avoided the opening til now and I must say it's a little bit of a let down. I'm mostly hyped for this season because of Shinso and 1-B so hopefully they get more screentime and it gets better
Mar 27, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2020
Alright... Pretty nice start, make us remember our Hero again I like that. I actually marathon this series back in Agustus 2020... So this would be my first time watching it each week... I'm exciting for this season.
Mar 27, 2021 6:50 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, the first episode is mainly a reintroduction to class 1-A as before, but I personally don't mind that. It was a good episode, showing how good (most of the time) the teamwork of everyone has become.

I did like how Nejire and Amajiri played as the villains for this while Mirio became a victim who needed rescuing from the river. I do admit that seeing Mirio speaking so happily while flowing away in the river was amusing. XD

As the OP and ED songs, both of them were pretty good. The OP had that good rhythm that felt satisfying, while the ED's song, as well as the visuals for it, was upbeat and happy.

The next episode will get back to the main story, involving Dabi and Hawks. I do wonder why they're meeting together, though...
Mar 27, 2021 6:57 AM

Nov 2019
Damn already season 5? Time sure flies, and of course Deku is still the same pathetic character. Still, the teamwork of everyone really showed how much they've improved.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 27, 2021 7:02 AM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed the episode
Its good to see my boy Shoto and the others

Great way to start the season🔥
Mar 27, 2021 7:06 AM

Nov 2013
Natsude_tanaka said:

this haha this is what koikatsu and pixiv are for tbh lmao

they should make an r+ version so we could see Momo boobs when she does her thing :v

1st episode and Bakugo already doing Bakugou things :D
anyway, 1st episode and we already have a lot of action nand lots of funny moments
the senpai wanting to go home was funny
the other senpai just going to the water was hilarious
the girl senpai getting mad at them for not listening was also funny
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 27, 2021 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
It feels like Studio BONES hates this show, I know Episode 1 is just a recap filler EP, but even the past seasons had absolutely no passion in them.

It's been pretty hard watching through some of these Episodes just to get to the last Episode that kinda has a payoff and some good animation.
Mar 27, 2021 7:22 AM
Apr 2020
A nice first episode. Reintroduced all the students in short, in the backdrop of the emergency drill, where the whole class worked well together, and we got to see the big three!

Looking forward to another good season (hopefully).
Mar 27, 2021 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
I reallly start to hate the first episode of every season of BNH
Mar 27, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2020
Not exactly a good start from me. It's not like I forgot every character's quirk and why they are even attending a hero academy...

though they all are quite forgettable.

Anyways, I usually get tired of the typical school drama/action stuff they do, so I am really only 'hoping' to see the following arc.

I better not see any people whine about the ever-so-slight changes from manga to anime.

oh and, cool ending song. Something to look forward to.
Mar 27, 2021 7:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another season of MHA, another premiere episode that has me bored throughout, lol. I think it's fine that they wanna do a recap on the characters at the start of every season, because I bet in Japan, there's kids that probably start the series midway in. That being said, this season premiere was probably better than the last two season's premieres.

The OP and ED is nice though. I'm glad MHA's keeping that streak of good OPs going.
Mar 27, 2021 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
Nice to have this back, filler start like with every season and recaps of all the quirks and short footage from the last season.

The soundtrack is hype as always, I've missed that.

Kirishima entrance was pretty epic.
Mirio MVP though, falling into the river on purpose made me laugh so much.

OP and ED are great, looking forward to the rest of the season.
Mar 27, 2021 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
Filler starting EP as always
wasn't expecting anything but still underwhelmed lmao
Mar 27, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2019
"training complete" yess we did it, *not so fast.... KAABOOOMMM!!
Mar 27, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2019
idk, when it takes an entire episode to reintroduce the cast that may be a sign that there are too many characters... just my two cents

Mar 27, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2020
Decent start, I feel bad for the staff who have to think of an entire ep just for introducing characters lol
Mar 27, 2021 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
For a recap/filler episode this was great. So happy to see these characters again 🤩
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 AM
Jan 2021
Bakugo is still funny af.
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2014
Well, is the recap with original content we were expecting alright.
Mar 27, 2021 8:17 AM

Dec 2015
I mean, I didn't expect them to just suddenly give up on doing a reintroduction episode, but oh boy… this was even more shitty than usual.
Well, gotta hope for the rest of the season to not contain useless fillers
Mar 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Oct 2020
Pretty good start to the new season! The op/ed tracks were really catchy. Bakugo exploding Tamaki at the end was hilarious!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2021 8:23 AM

Sep 2020
I didn't like this episode very much.
Mar 27, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Why do they do these every season they're annoying
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

118 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.