Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

May 6, 2021 2:34 PM

The episode was good except for the very last part. The ending with Haru was very underwhelming. After all that build up, their relationship feels like it has just amounted to nothing.

Also, it seems like the conclusion is missing. Why not show some of the the other characters as well for the last time. It seems like the episode was just cut off before they could wrap it up properly.

May 9, 2021 8:34 PM
wtf WHY U EAT HIS LEG AND NO KILL BEAR
Sadge Ibuki died for this... WHY WHY WHY

May 10, 2021 7:39 PM

That final punch was very anti-climatic hahah. It looks like Pina called the police, thanks Pina lol.

6/10 for the anime. Less Haru scenes made this season more watchable. And I liked Louis development as character. I'm going to watch a 3rd season if its announced.

Jun 1, 2021 3:13 PM
i must say that i'm quite confused after final episode.

Jun 5, 2021 4:55 PM

Part of me kinda wanted Legosi to deny eating Louis's cursed leg but at least he got Son goku level buff. Pretty great season altough I found the big fight anticlimatic as it was mostly a conversational battle of ideals and I kinda wish we saw more of the aftermath. Still interesting to see the complex characters and the struggles they're dealing with.
Konnichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
R̶̰̃e̸̢͋ḷ̵̂ë̸̲́a̷̖͗s̶̙̀e̵̹̋ ̴̠̒m̷̨͘e̴͓͠ ̸̠̅f̶̢̾r̶̠͊o̴͔͑ṃ̷͝ ̸̖̆ṁ̶ͅẙ̸̯ ̷̭̇m̸̛̝ȍ̸͔r̵̖̎t̵͈̄a̶̛͎l̸͖͠ ̴͔̿p̸̨̈́a̸̖͊ì̴͈n̴̡̑

Jun 6, 2021 2:42 PM

RIP Ibuki.. a good character nonetheless. Loved the fight between Riz and Legoshi.
Lego seemed damn cool when he was looking so buffed after eating deerly meat.. ba dum tss. Hopefully we will get a s3 and see what the future holds for Louis, Lego and Haru.

Jun 14, 2021 12:41 AM

Man I feel so stupid watching this show. I must be missing so many plot details because so many interactions and resolutions make limites sense to me.

Why did Louis become the leader of the Shishigumi? Like yeah he killed the boss but why did they make him Boss? Is it like a rule thing? "You killed the boss, you become the boss"? Louis is more reserved in his handling of the day to day of Shishigumi proving ultimately that it was the correct choice to make him the boss. But they couldn't possibly know that at the time.

Why did Ibuki attack Louis? The whole show, to me, is a about overcoming prejudice and finding common ground. Ibuki over the couse of the season became such a caring charakter and was sooo great. Why did he "have" to attack Louis?

Am I right in assuming that Riz romanticised eating tem to live with the guilt of eating a friend? Because so much of his dialogue just sounding like gibberish to me.

I get why nobody called the cops on riz. This story, as many others, relies on characters making unreasonable or illogical choices for the story to work and be entertaining. I can deal with Legoshi being like "I have to take him down myself... for Tem"
BUT Pina???? He had no reason not to call the cops. The show says "It's none of my business so I wont interfere".... but come on?? What?? There's a killer in your club that has already eaten one of the club members and you dont call the cops??? Even after he threatened you by almost eating your finger... I just dont get it...

ALSO: Way less haru scenes which is a bummer... I wanted to see their relationshsip further explored.... I feel like the first season should've been the murder mystery and the second season should've haru x legoshi. They would've needed to shift some story points around but the story arc of solving tems murder 6 months after the fact is a bit off...

Hope someone can help me understand.

Jun 20, 2021 5:47 PM
Sharpest Edge

Beastars is one of the most original shows out there, not only in premise but also in how it plays out. It a breath of fresh air. That being said, this season had many moments that turned me off. Anyway, I am looking forward to what the author has in store for us in the future and beyond beastars.

A fine season, 6/10.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Jul 8, 2021 8:42 AM

Great finale involving clash of ideologies that ultimately resolved itself with Riz seeing for himself how carnivores and herbivores can coexist for a mutual benefit. Shame that Legosi has a criminal record despite how justified his actions were

Overall this whole Tem Devourer arc was a banger from start to finish, my only complaint is where the heck is Rokume after her introduction to Legosi

Jul 22, 2021 2:38 PM

Interesting sequel I must say, the focus shift here was different than first thought, but I did liked this sequel, so all in all a pretty decent sequel!

Jul 25, 2021 7:32 PM
A bit underwhelming, I would have preferred a better soundtrack and more fighting.

Overall, I think an 8.5 for this season.

Not as good as the first and it seemed to drag on for a bit, and the soundtrack was mostly reused stuff from season 1. The quality of the animation and the fight choreography was absolutely INSANE though, 10/10 in that respect. I loved how Riz and Tems relationship was reflected in Legoshi and Rouis.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jul 28, 2021 1:46 AM

This episode made me so angry on so many levels. It was stupid, it was rushed, and it ruined any points it had made along the way. Legoshi never needed to fight bear guy, he could have reported him easily, why did he fight him? He even said he could have just reported it but "felt bad". And for all of his training to ultimately be "lol yeah you still gotta eat meat to be strong" EFF YOU SERIES I thought this whole thing was a metaphor for men and women and how men are perfectly capable of overcoming their baser instincts and don't NEED to rape/murder/whatever but LOL NOPE STILL GOTTA EAT DEER LEG. Oh and don't get me started on the glasses lion thing, that was a stupid sacrifice that REALLY DID NOT need to happen. I get what they were going for, but it was poorly and sloppily done and just felt "lol edgy"

I say this as someone who REALLY LIKED the series. But eff this episode. Eff it to heck and back. I'm so mad.

Jul 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Really odd Season, i dont know what to think about it. So many dumb decision were made by the characters. I dont think the Problems Riz had were solved in the End. So just alot of sacrifice for him to get arrested anyways lol. I guess if i can take anything from this season as a message is that Logic doesnt always control our behaviour.

Also that end so strange why randomly leaving the school without a plan....

Jul 29, 2021 10:14 PM

I just don't get why he had to eat Louis's leg to beat Riz, then doesn't even beat him??? Riz just sort of gives up because he admires the comradery. What was the point of that? Just go to the police bro. What was the point of this whole season? I don't know how anyone could think this season was better than season one, it had a ton of potential with Riz honestly being a pretty good antagonist until the last episode, but this ending really dropped the ball for me.
I don't really get this whole signature thing, but I feel like I need something down here to participate in the trends.

Aug 7, 2021 6:57 AM
Umm for me the ending was a bit meh. Maybe I’m stupid but I didn’t understand why he had to eat Luis’ leg? All that drama just to punch Riz in the tummy and wish him a happy new year.
I wished Legoshi remained “clean” and like faithful to his vow and refused to eat Luis’ leg, because in the end it wasn’t that essential for the fight, it ended like 2 seconds later.
Then I wished for Riz to realise that killing Tem was wrong and let himself be killed by Legoshi or a scene at the end where Legoshi brings Riz to the panda to go through therapy. I think he was imprisoned and nothing else right?

If someone can sincerely explain the meaning of this ending I’ll be grateful.

(Overall I liked the first season more, but this wasn’t bad at all, I really enjoyed it)
Modified by UnicornPie, Aug 7, 2021 7:09 AM

Aug 7, 2021 1:38 PM
An unusual anime season to say the least, but well worth the time.

At first I thought the culprit was Gohin due to his build and height, similar to what was in the shadows, but hey... I wasn't that far off.

Aug 15, 2021 7:46 AM

I enjoyed what the show built in like the first 10 episodes of season 1 so much (in terms of world building and conflict) that a good opinion has carried over through the end of this season for me - but, I've gotta say, since then the story has really become subpar... Idk it's just frustrating to watch when Louis becomes head of a crime syndicate... because they need an image rebranding? or let's Legoshi eat his leg... for a fight powerup? when the rest is so good

Aug 19, 2021 9:58 AM
One Word - Anime

Okay, I'm not going to lie here. Even though the whole idea that Louis-senpai and Legoshi have become better friends now because they've shared their true selves to each other, I couldn't help but appreciate it for the most bit. In my mind, the whole training to become meat-tolerant feels irrelevant now and it was made even more dubious with Riz learning a thing or two from this.

Anyway, that aside, it's been a fairly good season overall. I liked the psychological battle between Legoshi and Riz on one end and the happenings in the Shishi-gumi on the other. Not enough Haru though and, that reminds me, not enough for a fulfilling conclusion there in the final few moments of this finale. At least there's a third season to look forward though so hopefully we'll see more of this then.

Panda-san is probably still my fav character of the show and Pina has been quite the intriguing addition to the cast. Kaji Yuki-san's a big fan of the series for one so it's nice that he was chosen to be the VA. Kibi and the black cat's little segment was quite touching too.

On the music side of things, the ost blended well and both the Op/ED shone, as expected from Yoasobi. VA-wise, Legoshi's nailed it again! Riz's calm voice seriously creeped me out for a bit so that's a plus, I suppose.

7/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2021 3:33 PM

Wow. I'm sad that Ibuki died because I was hoping that he and Louis would co-exist. At least Free was able to keep his end of the bargain by shooting Ibuki if he attacked Louis. I wonder who is going to lead Shi-Shi Gumi now that Louis has left them. I was expecting more from the Riz and Legoshi fight since it was build up to be a fight to the death especially after Louis gave up his leg to give Legoshi more power. Well Legoshi and Riz are labeled as Devour offenders, but Legoshi got released early while Riz stayed behind bars. Legoshi seems to be serious about dropping out of school. I wonder what he's going to do now?

Can't wait for Season 3.
Modified by AddaeAkono, Sep 27, 2021 6:14 AM

Sep 27, 2021 4:21 AM
The Shrike

I ended up feeling like a lot of stuff was cut out of the story? Felt somehow...incomplete. A great watch nonetheless.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2021 6:56 PM
straight up, why did Ibuki die? the entire final episode was so disappointing, but this part was the worst for me. there was no buildup to it.

like.... why did Louis suddenly want to leave the Shishigumi? because they wouldn't let him go somewhere on New Year's Eve? i know there was foreshadowing in the form of Louis not being able to stomach meat, meaning he wasn't really fit to be their leader forever, but his relationship with the gang was improving and his ideals hadn't really changed that much.

i am completely confused as to why Ibuki was suddenly so open to the idea of killing Louis. yes, i understand that Louis can't just walk away peacefully with gang secrets in his mind. but i don't really care about the in-universe reasons. as a piece of a story it was so sudden and so contradictory to everything established before it that it felt random. it felt like something hastily written in to get the author out of a corner she'd written herself into. She created an intensely interesting and suspenseful B-plot by putting Louis in the Shishigumi, but she couldn't figure out how to keep it connected to the A-plot, so she had to abandon ship on it as fast as possible so she could reincorporate Louis into the main cast.

all in all, i'd give the season a generous 7/10. i actually really enjoyed most of it, but the crappy ending combined with Haru being written out for almost the whole run really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oct 31, 2021 2:46 PM
Well it may seem contradictory at first, but the entire first season is about Legoshi and Louis running away from their nature as carnivores and herbivores respectively, with Legoshi trying to avoid fights or violence and abstaining from meat, and Louis trying to take a leaderhship role, but the second season they both accept their nature as a carnivore and herbivore because of the circumstance change and obvious parellels to Riz

Nov 9, 2021 2:41 PM

Up until this episode, Beastars was a top tier anime for me. This episode ruined it imo.

Basically all of the build-up until now goes down the drain with this episode. Legoshi was going vegan, but no. Legoshi found a loop hole in meat consumption by eating insects, but no. This felt like a crime investigation anime for a while, but no. Legoshi is a pretty civil guy so he could turn the culprit to police, but nooo. The one who found the culprit would be the next beastar, so Legoshi had a chance, but no. Legoshi was gonna marry Hal, but he is a sex offender now, so no.

What I liked is, anime started with Legoshi almost eating an animal, and Rouis hurting his leg. And this episode it happens. It is almost as if this was meant to be the final episode. But timely anime endings are a myth that can only be seen in original anime apparently. Instead we got a fuzzy rushed ending and hopes of a sequel is only slim.

Dec 16, 2021 5:22 PM

i really thought louis was asking legoshi to bite off just that part of his skin that said 4 not his whole ass foot. idk, maybe its just me but it felt like such a creepy irreparable damage done to louis, made for a definitely bittersweet ending. But if louis was okay with it i guess that's the only thing that matters, and it also made sense with all of the "respecting the meat you ate by using its strength accordingly" speech.

Dec 31, 2021 2:14 AM
EOussama

Beautifully rounded up, this felt more like a conclusion to what happened in the first season, I really wonder how things will branch out from here.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]