Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2016
thepath said:
So what happened to Alfred ?? Did he become a different ??

Can someone give summary to what will happen next. Don't care about spoilers. I don't think this anime will get 2nd season, so anyone who read the source material tell me how it will end

In the theme of the first episode, as well as in others, one user posted the game openings of the second and third arcs, which spoil everything. Even then, after watching them, I decided to continue watching the series, knowing in advance that the first story arc would be weaker than the second. And judging by the overall plot will focus more on
Mar 25, 2021 1:56 AM

Sep 2019
The ending felt like they were getting it ready for a second season but I’d doubt it. It’s most likely just a prequel to the game.

This show was kinda bad I guess. I liked the animation and art style. The ED was one my favorite EDs of the season but that’s it. Nothing else about Hortensia Saga was good.
Mar 25, 2021 1:58 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoy all episodres. this is a normal history of wars but all things all kind

an the final its strange i want to know more about Alfred sister Camelia an all things. wee need another season or ovas

this is a good adaption of a game
Mar 25, 2021 2:59 AM

Jun 2012
It was OK until the last ~5 minutes. Guess that's the nature of these types of shows, much like Grand Order where you had to have played the game to understand everything.
Mar 25, 2021 5:51 AM

Oct 2016
Decent finale to a fairly average fantasy show, but I did enjoy it a bit. This ending is either a "there's going to be a season 2 ending" or a "go play the fucking game ending" lmao. From what I saw this is only one of the arcs of the game, there's more that the anime hasn't adapt. Hopefully we get a season 2, because I ain't going to play the game, though chances are pretty slim. There's still a lot of questions that I want answered, so I really hope we do get one. 6/10
Mar 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Dec 2015
6/10. Was 7/10 for me most of the time - same as King's Raid. Though Hortensia Saga had less boring moments while King's Raid barely managed the 7. (6.5 rounded up.)

Last episode was bad though. Felt like this needed a sequel ...
and let me guess: We are supposed to play the game to get to know more of the story.

(There have even been anime in the past that totally had been some prequel story of the game where the story of the anime wasn't even in the game. And set before the game started lol.)

I would have preferred a better ending. Especially with Rugis - nice to see him in action in that one scene. Him just turning werewolf again ... was horrible.
Mar 25, 2021 9:08 AM
Apr 2019
Nah,it took only 1 week before i decide to give up on this game, compared to other sega mobile games,absolutely Soul Reverse Zero is much way better than this if it had anime adaptation
Mar 25, 2021 12:43 PM

Apr 2018
That ending really left us on a huge cliff hanger that we will never be able to see. It was interesting to see Albert alive again but she commited an taboo that was not suppose to be touched. 6/10 there were some good parts and some boring eps but overall it was ok.
Mar 25, 2021 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
If you're interested on the last scene, search for "hortensia saga official visual fan book 2" and you'll get a spoiler.
Mar 26, 2021 2:46 AM

Dec 2020
It is the final episode, and I honestly don't have a fucking idea about what happened in the entire series.
Mar 26, 2021 3:58 AM
Oct 2019
I hate theses type of anime like play the game to find out and how are we supposed to play in’s only in Japan
Mar 26, 2021 3:25 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. This was not a good ending. I get this is an adaptation of a mobile game and all, but...

Found it funny how quickly they all forgave Lugis.

Anyway, maid was best girl.
Mar 26, 2021 5:45 PM

Sep 2020
I wasn't expecting Hortensia to have a BAD END finale.
Fingers crossed for a second season!

Final illustration:
Mar 26, 2021 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
If you give this shit fest anything over a 2 then I want what your smoking!
Cause this thing sucked ass and the retarded ho princess just did what her father was trying to do.
So moral of the story is oh wait there isn't one, cause it was a fucked up king that passed his retard genes to his kids who continued his work.

SRT_120921 said:
The pope got resurrected to Albert's body just take a look at the red eyes at the ending and the pope's red eye on the poster.

I hope your right cause honestly I'm rooting for him now. His mom was thrown out of the castle by the asshole king along with him, while king get some new bitch. Then he fucks the kingdom up to try to bring the ho back. Then his daughter goes ahead and does the exact same thing, using some evil power that'll probably kill more people and just screw up more shit.......ugh, I hope the pope is in Alberta body and he just taps the princesses ass all night!
Mar 27, 2021 7:25 AM

Oct 2008
she committed a taboo...still LAME!!!

Mar 27, 2021 11:56 AM
May 2017
I kinda liked the anime ~6/10.

It had an okay story, not the best, but not too boring. The characters were okay, I didn't like the flying thing and the maid was annoying as shit, luckily they barely got any screentime. Main girl looked pretty nice after she "went back to being a girl". I liked that her pretending to be a boy and eventually getting revealed wasn't "the big jaw-dropping thing" in the anime (unlike some others), it just happened somewhere in the middle.
Also liked the fact that in the war she as the faction leader wasn't fighting on the frontlines (at least until the very last battle), like in anime they usually do, but watched from a safe distance kilometers away.

In the last ep I expected the basic happy ending, so this was pretty surprising. Ofc it wasn't perfect, the pope fight was hilarious (in not a very good way).
Anyways most likely there won't be a continuation, so I can think it was a good ending. Royalty committing a taboo here and there and breaking the laws of reality never hurt nobody :D
Albert is not a zombie, he wasn't revived by the relic, but the princess' hidden whatever power.

Junsui no Houseki (who apparently played the game) commented on the anime site:
"Yes the MC died there. And while his concious returned. He come back with extra baggage there. Just consider it like Sukuna x Yuji. But this case it is Alfred x that eye. The being is not as cool as Sukuna though."
I have no idea what this "Sukuna x Yuji" thing is, can't be that bad, so it is a happy end for me.
imSOuniqueMar 27, 2021 12:00 PM
Mar 27, 2021 12:18 PM
May 2017
Spoilers from the game's story, someone wrote on the anime site:

Mar 27, 2021 7:10 PM
Jan 2016
is the manga adaptation any good
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 28, 2021 1:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Lol hihihi what was that creepy ending, so unexpected, the princess used her plot power so much that it became some taboo. So entertaining lol xD

Solid 7 for this anime, simple but has kinda unexpected twist ending, totally would watch season 2 if any, which I guess has a little chance of happening ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 28, 2021 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Well....that happened. Tbh it would have been better to actually just leave Alfred dead (Maurice should have died too imo). The OP kind of hinted at that, and Theresia had that vision that foreshadowed it too. Then Alfred escapes death twice, first by blocking Flegel's bullet from his surprise gun, then getting saved from Didier's slash by Marielle's unexplained magical power. Just when you finally think they had the balls to kill him off, nope, Marielle did the same dumb shit her dad did and brought him back but now he's probably evil? And I guess we'll never know. I never expected this show to be good but I didn't think the ending would fumble this badly. Again, they should have left Alfred dead, and honestly, I feel like even a generic happily ever after type ending would have been better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2021 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
WTAF! Wow....
Well, I had been enjoying this up until the last few minutes!! LOL... just great.
anyways, I'll look for spoilers of the game but this was one f-ed up twist I totally did not see coming! lol
Mar 29, 2021 11:58 PM
Oct 2018
meh see last eps
from 7/10 drop to 4/10...
Mar 30, 2021 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
What the hell was that ending ???
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 31, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
Damn this is like a game ending that lost due to server going down. No complete story whatsoever.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 4, 2021 2:10 PM

May 2018
How the hell was the princess able to perform a taboo art on alfred whe she doesn't have the ... whatchamacallit scrolls?
Apr 5, 2021 5:55 AM

Sep 2007
imSOunique said:

So for now, in the gacha game, it's now Hortensia Saga Zero and not Hortensia Saga ?
Who is the Emperor ?
Did we see him ?
ShiroiRyuApr 11, 2021 11:16 AM
Apr 5, 2021 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
ShiroiRyu said:
imSOunique said:

So for now, in the gacha game, it's now Hortensia Saga Zero and not Hortensia Saga ?
Who is the Emperor ?
Did we see him ?

put back the spoiler tag you idiot... imagine cutting the comment like that and not even looking at it after posting it lmao

anyway, i was enjoying this show but this ending was kinda lame...
i was gonna give it a 7 but now i'll give it a 5 just for the last few minutes
it's not like i'll play the game and i doubt there will be a new season, so whatever...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 19, 2021 2:25 PM
May 2017
ShiroiRyu said:
imSOunique said:

Who is the Emperor ?
Did we see him ?

I have no clue, I copied this from the anime site comment section
Apr 27, 2021 6:10 AM

Jul 2015
I really can't take the final battle serious with the pope transforming into a monster with big ass tiddies for no reason...

Pretty rushed and disappoiting cliffhanger end for a somewhat generic series, only character I truly appreciated and wanted to see more of was lord Didier...

May 11, 2021 2:04 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
To be honest, rather then Albert I'm more surprised about how the fuck the Uncle survived. Is this technically main crew insurance? Or pro heroes? It was pretty predictable, and more then a little disappointing but maybe the game plot might be better at explaining things. Heroes don't die in Hortensia I guess. Albert was worried about his promise to Marielle when in reality, he almost broke his promise to his maid. HOW CAN HE, THE HONORLY KNIGHT DO SUCH A THING. Nah, jokes aside -- I am a bit confused about literally everyone's priorities. Like while Marielle didn't actively TRY dark magic to revive him, have we not learned anything about leaving those who were meant to die alone?
To say the least, the shot of him on the balcony post speech is actually a bit terrifying. (Is it the darkened double eyelid crease? I'm not sure if that's the pinpoint. But holy shit that makes him look scarier then everything else).

Also to the werewolf that escaped --- are they even now? How the hell did he control his body to escape (but not resisting those he harmed)--legit the pope was dying so I'm impressed the pope and the moon still had such a high threshhold that he couldn't stop swinging. What about the alliance?

Many questions man. I'm not going to lie, even though I didn't expect much from the beginning (as the plot already seemed a little ordinary) I am surprised I enjoyed it (and didn't find the urge to drop it). Also even more surprised that while it seems like EVERYONE gave up on those last three episodes (pacing was nonexistent or like... a bit too idealistic? ---it was definitely a tragedy to try to ascend as a princess and finish a war in such a short time frame as time isn't even real anymore), I still don't hate the series or want to lower the score. The episodes themselves I'd rate a 0/10 each if possible, but overall the quality of the show was the same. Bland. Confusing, shallow, but still watchable. I don't know if I blame the direction more or maybe the run-of-the-mill game/story plot. Potential to be more, but definitely a show that could be passed on.
Feb 2, 2022 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
hmm, that was interesting. who is the black knight? why's he have the scroll? the pope is a bigger moron than i realized

PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. I DON'T WANT YOUR SPOILERS

does the werewolf guy have latent power from birth, or did that scroll impart it within him?

the princess sucks. she wasn't a great character early in the season, but at least she wasn't complete trash. she was completely useless the last half of the series. and the english va made it really unpleasant whenever she spoke. all i hear is iruma-kun, which sounded f'ing awful in this role

that dude was resurrected...so, what's that mean? is he going to be controlled by the black knight or something? is the princess going to be corrupted somehow? poor charlot

much of this show is just corny af. but the overall plot is admittedly interesting. i think i'll give this a 7/10

is there going to be a season 2? i just want a conclusion
Feb 10, 2022 3:01 AM

Apr 2011
Well, that was a really interesting ending. Alfred gets killed by the same monster who killed his dad but then gets revived but somewhat turns...evil?

Oh well, I had fun.
Jul 22, 2022 1:06 AM
Jul 2020
idealtoy said:
Well that was a crappy way to end it.
Why not cliffhanger into another season?
Or happily ever aft?
I mean at least Akame ga Kill made sense in the end even thought it was a bad end.

This was a Glass Lip bad end. Made no sense.
Why all the relationship builds just to end it sourly.
was glass lip bad?
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM
Apr 2022
It was Ok for most part.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM

» Should I drop this ?

Roronoa_alex01 - Jan 13, 2021

17 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 10:17 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

24 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.