Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which one to watch?
Mar 21, 2021 6:59 PM
Apr 2020
I havent seen any but I want to start watching the anime.
The original is top 10 in MAL while the remake is not as high as I was hoping it would be.
I do not plan on watching both.
Apr 4, 2021 9:05 PM

Sep 2015
Remake is incomplete.

I'd say watch the original OVA which is already pretty good on it's own and doesn't have cringe CGI.
If you like it , you'll probably come back for more and consider watching this one.
May 14, 2021 6:46 AM

Sep 2015
Watch the readaptation first, then go back to the original once you get what the main appeal of the franchise is (which isn't space battle action). Die Neue These is better suited to modern tastes and is more approachable, even if it fails in the unique presentation of the original.

I'd recommend then starting with the movie "Overture to a New War" instead of the first 2 episodes of the OVA. The only issue though is that the OVA requires you to be patient, and isn't as good looking as DNT, even if it's designed and musically better. If the first 10 or so episodes don't grip you, don't panic because it's mostly build up and removing seats of power to set up the awesome stuff immediately following. If you don't like it after the battle of Amristar stick to DNT because this isn't for you.
May 14, 2021 6:49 AM

Sep 2015
Sakisaka said:
Remake is incomplete.

I'd say watch the original OVA which is already pretty good on it's own and doesn't have cringe CGI.
If you like it , you'll probably come back for more and consider watching this one.

The 3DCGI is actually really good looking imo even if it's obvious that it indeed is 3DCG.

And if you watch DNT afterwards, it's very possible that you'll like it less than the OVA. They're both worth watching so id say its best to enjoy both.
Jun 12, 2021 3:26 AM
Nov 2019
Sakisaka said:
Remake is incomplete.

I have just one question. So far do both of them have same storyline? Or they're the same? As long as the story is same I don't mind anything else.
Jun 12, 2021 3:28 AM
Nov 2019
BlossomBurst said:
Watch the readaptation first, then go back to the original once you get what the main appeal of the franchise is (which isn't space battle action). Die Neue These is better suited to modern tastes and is more approachable, even if it fails in the unique presentation of the original.

I'd recommend then starting with the movie "Overture to a New War" instead of the first 2 episodes of the OVA. The only issue though is that the OVA requires you to be patient, and isn't as good looking as DNT, even if it's designed and musically better. If the first 10 or so episodes don't grip you, don't panic because it's mostly build up and removing seats of power to set up the awesome stuff immediately following. If you don't like it after the battle of Amristar stick to DNT because this isn't for you.

Is there any major changes in the STORY of both???
Jun 12, 2021 6:44 AM

Sep 2015
DoctoRojack said:
BlossomBurst said:

Is there any major changes in the STORY of both???

Major changes compared to the book or from the 90s show to the 2010s show?

All three are different enough that skipping episodes/arcs wouldn't be fun, but the major events are effectively identical. The only difference is certain added scenes depending on the version, and some scenes hit harder depending on the version.

I'd recommend eventually watching both with breaks in between, don't just watch one like OP would

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.