Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
This was a great episode. It gave us a lot of motives as to why Zeke has done what he did. It's honestly pretty sad all that Grisha did to Zeke and in comparison Eren had a much better childhood.

As an anime only fan of Attack on Titan, does anyone have a recommendation as to where I should start the manga if the season leaves off on a cliffhanger?
Mar 21, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2009
whatabruh said:
This was a great episode. It gave us a lot of motives as to why Zeke has done what he did. It's honestly pretty sad all that Grisha did to Zeke and in comparison Eren had a much better childhood.

As an anime only fan of Attack on Titan, does anyone have a recommendation as to where I should start the manga if the season leaves off on a cliffhanger?

Well, we have to see where it actually ends next week, I think you should start from volume 29 (which is immediately after this ep)
Mar 21, 2021 3:16 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome. This episode has been very good
Mar 21, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2019
Unu5ual said:
The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

I guess you just take everything you watch at face value
Mar 21, 2021 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
For manga readers:

Massive spoilers

Mar 21, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2018
Can anyone explain to me WHY Levi would put a fucking bomb inside Zeke's body?

If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 21, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2016
So weird to think the series is going to end next episode. Feels like there's so much left to wrap up. But I get it, you can only go Sashaless for so long before you feel like just ending it all.
Mar 21, 2021 3:27 PM

Aug 2015
Finally seeing that backstory animated.

It was so well done, nice!

Next week: the last episode of this "Final" season.
There are about 23 chapters left to adapt so there is definitely a part 2 or similar coming after.
Wouldn't mind if it comes out after some time and they spend more time on it to make sure it's as amazing as it can be!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 21, 2021 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
qwertyMrJINX said:
So weird to think the series is going to end next episode. Feels like there's so much left to wrap up. But I get it, you can only go Sashaless for so long before you feel like just ending it all.

There are about 23 chapters left to adapt. Definitely a part 2 or something like that coming out.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 21, 2021 3:30 PM

Jul 2020
MegamiRem said:
RIP Levi or not? Is he alive?
probably alive i doubt they'll kill him (fan service)
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Mar 21, 2021 3:30 PM
May 2020
zeke ob
Nefelupitou said:

zeke committing suicide makes no sense to his mission, his plan is to meet with eren, I get why you think it makes no sense but if you think about it levi isn't expecting zeke to end his life for no other reason but to kill him, zeke moving has no benefits to anyone

Mar 21, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2020
Nefelupitou said:

so zeke can blow it up and he(levi) can demonstrate how tough his plot armour is (seriously it pisses me of such lame fan service)
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Mar 21, 2021 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Grisha was crazy. Trying to force all his ideals on Zeke, poor guy just wanted a normal life.

So is both Zeke and Eren's plan just to let the Eldian bloodline die out by taking away their ability to reproduce? Why would they need the Rumbling for that? Are they just trying to stall for 100 years of peace or something? They could do it now and let natural time progress too.

That explosion at the end, is it safe to assume Zeke is dead? There's no way he live through that while in human form right? What about Levi?
Mar 21, 2021 3:33 PM
Mar 2018
This ep was masterfully adapted. Felt the same vibes as when I read the manga. I can't really see how they are adapting what's left of the trailer in one ep unless it's a double lenght episode, but I kind of expect the last seconds of the ep to be a big af cliffhanger manga readers should be aware of
Mar 21, 2021 3:35 PM

Oct 2018
juniorrrbello said:
zeke ob
Nefelupitou said:

zeke committing suicide makes no sense to his mission, his plan is to meet with eren, I get why you think it makes no sense but if you think about it levi isn't expecting zeke to end his life for no other reason but to kill him, zeke moving has no benefits to anyone

But why? What was Levi's point here? Why did he put a bomb?
He wanted to bring Zeke and feed him to someone, was it? He said himself that he could avoid Zeke's transformation by cutting off his limbs, so why a fucking bomb? Why did Levi give an opening for Zeke?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 21, 2021 3:42 PM

Dec 2016
Another episode featuring Attack on Flashback with it's famous long infodumps poorly animated just repeating what we already knew from Season 3 part 2.

Mar 21, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
Mainländer moment

mbizoteroj said:
grisha did literally nothing wrong

true he's the only sensible person amogus

Kimurah said:
Another episode featuring Attack on Flashback with it's famous long infodumps poorly animated just repeating what we already knew from Season 3 part 2.

what we literally didn't know any of this are you confused i think you're confused

sunnaryt said:
Mainländer moment

shut up you fucking nerd
Mar 21, 2021 3:45 PM
Mar 2015
Zeks's great plan is Elidian euthanasia?
Mar 21, 2021 3:46 PM
May 2020
So the only way to stop the cycle of Eldians killing Marleyans and vice versa is to stop Eldians from being born in the first place? Damn thats some desperate level thinking there, not that I agree with it. Having to know Zeke's full backstory changes my entire view on him and honestly I can't blame Zeke or his father for acting like they did.
Mar 21, 2021 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, Grisha was crazy. Trying to force all his ideals on Zeke, poor guy just wanted a normal life.

So is both Zeke and Eren's plan just to let the Eldian bloodline die out by taking away their ability to reproduce? Why would they need the Rumbling for that? Are they just trying to stall for 100 years of peace or something? They could do it now and let natural time progress too.

That explosion at the end, is it safe to assume Zeke is dead? There's no way he live through that while in human form right? What about Levi?

Zeke wants to euthanize all eldians through the founding titan (capable of genetically modify all subjects of ymir, thus render them sterile).

This will take around 100 years or so in order to let every eldian die of age etc. And meanwhile he wants to let the eldians live in peace these 100 inside Paradis with the threat of the rumbling if someone would try to meddle with them

Problem is he doesn't really know what Eren actually wants, and both don't know if they actually trust each other. Both don't really know at this stage who gets to decide what happens once they touch each other. If they activate everything while inside liberio all of the marleyans forces would be onto them once the shifter understand what happened. Basically they still dont know... and there is another thing that gets "explained" later on.
Mar 21, 2021 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
I watched ep 14 and 15 for the first time back to back here.
I'm all for zeke and erens plan, obviously I'm against what is essentially genocide but I think it shakes things up and makes sense for the characters. Especially for eren, he never cared about freedom for eldians, he cared about freedom for the whole world from titans.
Zekes backstory was fucked up, lost a lot of respect for grisha.
Mar 21, 2021 3:51 PM
Oct 2019
This was an S-tier episode, honestly maybe my favorite of the season, MAPPA's adaptation was 1000 times better than I excepted (credit goes to the absolutely fantastic voice acting this episode). I know Zeke is a terrible person, but AOT has this way of making every feel a little human
Mar 21, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2020
I don't follow the manga but somehow I knew we were going to know Zeke's story and fffff!!! I was expecting something very different, never thought that his parents basically abandoned and mistreated him. What happened to them was still sad but damn, Grisha was definitely a bad parent, how was Zeke supposed to not listen to his only paternal figure?

This story keeps breaking my heart, this season is going to end in some heavy note, that's for sure.

Levi, please don't die TT-TT
Mar 21, 2021 3:59 PM
May 2016
Kimurah said:

Impressive bait, honestly.
Mar 21, 2021 4:01 PM
May 2020
I never expected the former beast titan to be one of the reasons Zeke betrayed his parents and also Marley lol, what a flawless writing
Mar 21, 2021 4:05 PM
Feb 2017
Neonox8 said:
MinorTatu said:

If the rumbling activated whilst they were in Marley, wouldn't they just get crushed too? I think so at least, unless Eren can precisely coordinate the Titans

What are you talking about? I'm speaking about the plan of the slow euthanasia plan of Zeke and Eren (I'm an anime watcher only please don't spoil me), if they touch right away they could executed the plan and win.

What the heck is euthanasia
It's Aiko!!!!
Mar 21, 2021 4:05 PM
Sep 2019
I think this episode was well adapted from the manga, poor shadis, Zeke sent through so much shit do I see his reasoning for thinking this way, extremist ways are wrong on either side of the coin which is why you don't really have a hero but just people trying to do what they believe to be the right thing, looking forward to next week
Mar 21, 2021 4:06 PM

May 2016
Excuse me what the fuck
Mar 21, 2021 4:12 PM
Aug 2018
WhiteTestament said:
For manga readers:

Massive spoilers

Mar 21, 2021 4:15 PM

Jan 2020
An excellent episode!! The backstory was interesting and I think the pacing was good. It didn't feel rushed and it explained many things. Zeke's plan.. what a plot twist, that was not something I could have expected, and what a twisted logic.

I wonder if Eren is actually going to see through it or if he's just using Zeke. I personally think Eren is after revenge and that he would do anything to get it, but sterilizing Eldians is a bit too far and doesn't seem to make sense to me that he would agree on such thing.

Seeing Shadis all beaten up fueled my anger and hate for Floch. I don't find one thing likable about that guy. I felt as defeated as Hange.

Plot armor needs to pull this one off and save Levi, like come on, I don't want to hear the same logic used for Sasha's death "It will have meaning".

Can't wait to see what Yelena has to say to the scouts next episode. We're inching towards the end of the season, damn.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 2021
SOO there's only 1 more episode and its definitely not the finale. Season 4 pt 2 or movie. Personally, a movie feels like the more dramatic way to go

Dec 2016
sunnaryt said:

what we literally didn't know any of this are you confused i think you're confused

We already knew that Grisha was using Zeke, his own son, to make it to the higher ranks in order to achive a better way of life. The only difference is the tone and perspective of this episode rather than depict Grisha and his wife as liberators for their people, it makes them look as complete black villians from baby's Zeke perspective and makes Xavier look like a hero in his eyes. The only worthy extra info is just Xavier's role in Zeke's liberation, but in hindsight is utterly boring for using the most cliche trope in shonen titles, using long flashbacks just before a character dies in order to shift the audience on his behalf. It's just cheap padding in order to delay even further the main story, quite common in long running mangos were the author needs to deliver something to the publisher before providing the big moments.
Mar 21, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
A lot of people saying this was the best episode of the season, and I can see why.
Finally we can see how Zeke's childhood was and and what his motivations truly are.
I fell bad for the guy, very sad childhood he had.
Very good episode overall, excited to see how this season will end
DavidRd12Mar 22, 2021 11:30 AM
Mar 21, 2021 4:20 PM

Jul 2019
Wow that was something, didn't expect such a high quality episode.

Massive manga spoilers

Mar 21, 2021 4:21 PM
Mar 2021
it makes no sense for eren to support zeke's euthanization plan.. i wonder if he's just playing along with it to get close enough to kill zeke. would kinda like for that to happen ngl
Mar 21, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
best episode of the season
Mar 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Apr 2015
That fucking cliffhanger.... If only I could see the rest now :(
Mar 21, 2021 4:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For me, one of the most well-crafted, well-paced episodes. Everything was done very well. Adding this to the best episodes of the season for me which are:

Episode 5: Declaration of War (best episode of the season imo! top tier build-up)

Episode 11: Deceiver (just thought this was one of the better-looking ones, again, IMO)

and Episode 13: Children of the Forest (heavy shit went down, and it was adapted pretty well)

edit: oh dang, one episode left before we have to wait four years for the next part! As we approach the end of part 1 I'll just say that with MAPPA at the helm, the animation was adequate/satisfactory, but the voice acting? Chef's kiss.

Velv69t said:
SOO there's only 1 more episode and its definitely not the finale. Season 4 pt 2 or movie. Personally, a movie feels like the more dramatic way to go

I'd like them to end it with a movie too. But I don't think they'll be able to cram what's left into one single movie. Maybe if they make it 4 hours like the justice league zack snyder cut LOL. Or make it a 3 part movie series like fate stay night heaven's feel. Really it's kind of hard to say, the manga's not done as of yet, although it is almost done. But anyway yeah I'd prefer a movie(s) as opposed to a Part 2 of the season; feels like it could end with more of a bang that way. Just wish that whatever they decide to do, that they give it their all, that they'd be given enough time to work on it instead of being rushed. Because damn, that finale is gonna need some time to animate
BetaMaleUltraMar 21, 2021 4:48 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 21, 2021 4:26 PM
Jul 2009
Unu5ual said:
I think they're all in the wrong. I disagree with Mikasa and Co's attempt to get the world to see them as. Imagine rolling up to the people who hate you and going "oh, by the way, we're not actually devils, you guys are in the wrong". However, Eren is acting like a brat, and the only bit I agreed with him on was the killing of all the generals. The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

Zeke's backstory made me lose a lot of respect for Grisha Jaeger, but Zeke didn't gain any of my respect either. Not after what he did to that guy in season 2 ep 1.

Hopefully they keep the CGI to minimum in the last episode. Also, if Levi dies then I'm not giving this season a 10.

I mean, I hate making this comparison but Hitler demonized the jews to youth much of it’s the same, I can’t side with anyone I feel this episode should of been the starter Zeke because his characters reasoning has been pretty vague.
Mar 21, 2021 4:28 PM

Feb 2020
WTF WTF WTF WTF THAT CLIFFHANGER???????????????? LEVI BETTER BE OK WTF

i didn't think i would enjoy a zeke-centric episode lol but i did! and i understand him much better now, the poor guy hardly had a childhood. nobody is truly wrong for feeling the way they do about the world, it's all down to how they are raised and what they are taught about the world, and their experiences of it. it really shapes a person and their mindset.

things are making a lot more sense now which is good. the non-linear story telling has been a little tricky to follow but the frequent flashbacks and changes in perspectives has helped me remember everything haha

although........ the plan is rather extreme, to sterilise all the eldians through eren and zeke coming into contact? what does the rumbling have to do with that? and what does the wine with spinal fluid have to do with it too? just to get rid of the military so they have no opposition? why can they not just come into contact now and do it, and let 100 years go by so the eldians pass naturally and the threat of titans is over? it's not like anyone could stop them once they do - why did they not do it when eren went to marley? yikes a lot of questions still running through my mind haha

also idk, i have a feeling eren has his own secret plan and he's leading zeke on, but who knows. this show is unpredictable.

ANYWAY can't wait for next week and whatever is coming after that!!!! it's so so intense and exciting and i hope the payoff is as good and satisfying!!!

BUT FUCK, LEVI BETTER BE OK
Mar 21, 2021 4:32 PM

Jul 2020
Best Episode in AoT since Assault, OMG the directing is 11/10
If you think Eren sacrificed for nothing, you're smoking

Mar 21, 2021 4:39 PM
Apr 2020
Finally the episode I've been waiting for. From the ending of S3 I always wanted to know abt Zeke, what are his motives? Why did he beyray Grisha? & now I fully understand.
His plan is both rediculous & reasonable. But overall I can understan reason for this plan.
But one thing, why the hell did he triggered the bomb? If he dies, his plan will be in vain. Or is he sure that he wont die so he tried to kill Levi? (no spoiler)
Mar 21, 2021 4:40 PM

May 2016
That was great episode, so they basically doing a Genocide and calling it Euthanization.
that is too cruel.

I didn't really felt bad for Zeke though to be fair he had a painful childhood, I doubt he is alive.
May 2020
This is now one of my favorite backstory in anime. Great.
And there's one more episode, just hopefully Part 2 is going to be aired without a long wait.

Sep 2014
the season is just absolutely insane. I doubt Levi would die like this but whats Zekes plan here to blow himself up?

I want to see Historia again
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 21, 2021 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Kimurah said:
sunnaryt said:

We already knew that Grisha was using Zeke, his own son, to make it to the higher ranks in order to achive a better way of life. The only difference is the tone and perspective of this episode rather than depict Grisha and his wife as liberators for their people, it makes them look as complete black villians from baby's Zeke perspective and makes Xavier look like a hero in his eyes. The only worthy extra info is just Xavier's role in Zeke's liberation, but in hindsight is utterly boring for using the most cliche trope in shonen titles, using long flashbacks just before a character dies in order to shift the audience on his behalf. It's just cheap padding in order to delay even further the main story, quite common in long running mangos were the author needs to deliver something to the publisher before providing the big moments.

Time will tell if your hypothesis is correct.

Also you said it yourself it's the perspective that matters here, some details were already hinted at, but everything in this backstory simple leads up to Zeke's overall plan/ambition without getting his full backstory first his plan would seem out of the blue and would not make any sense, you can find the flashback to be boring that's not what I'm arguing with you here, but saying a character of his importance getting a backstory is not needed is ridiculous, especially how important Zeke is.

Again, the rest is you guessing that Zeke is dead and it seems that is one of your main issues because apparently snk is following the cliche of giving a character a backstory right before he dies, excluding the backstory being boring to you.

Its also pretty obvious why we got so many flashbacks this season, its because of the 4 year time skip and also because of the change in perspective of the warriors as well, without the flashback you would be complaining that nothing makes sense and you would not understand the motives of the characters and Isayama could have just dump all the episodes with pure flashback but he did a good job of giving us both the present time and flashback at the same time during these episodes to still move the plot.

Your complaint would be legit if the next episode was indeed the end of the series but its not, this is a mid season break and this first half of the finale season is a build up to what is to happen in the final cour and just to let you know we will get little flashback in the final cour so you can rest easy on that.

Maybe because this is called the final season you are being so critical of it having so many flashbacks.

Jokes on you, Mappa tricked you its not the final season.

Seeing the season 3 part 2 rating, you are just not a fan of flashback backstories period! I should have checked your list before writing this, as its now apparent I wasted my time explaining you things. You just don't like flashbacks the end! lmao

I'm not taking a jab at you when I say it like that because you can like what you want, its more of my embarrassed for me in writing all that when apparently you are just not a fan of this format of story telling.
keragammingMar 21, 2021 5:24 PM
Mar 21, 2021 4:54 PM
Oct 2019
God damn Zeke Flashback make me lost respect on Grisha....
Damn the child just want normal life but brainwashed by his parent for a revenge...
At this point they are not any different than the Marley...

They really did a Great Job on Zeke Backstory, I'm Sympathize to the Beast Titan....
I feel you Zeke, i feel your PAIN...

Xaver-san is the real father for Zeke.

There is no way "GOD" Levi gonna die like that... Right?
That line before the explosion was beautiful...
Mar 21, 2021 4:54 PM

Mar 2021
Probably the best episode of this season . Lets hope the animation doesn't dip for the final episode .
Mar 21, 2021 4:56 PM
Oct 2019
Kimurah said:
sunnaryt said:

You hate non linear storytelling???
Mar 21, 2021 4:58 PM
May 2019
Mappa ruined aot!!!!!

Again!!!

i can forgive they killed sasha.

but now mappa killed levi??
the most popular character on aot?

please stop ruining this franchise!
if final season worked by others studio. both of them should be still alive!!!

nice episode btw.
animation = 10
ost =10
overall = perfection
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.