Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not too much skating this episode but hey, there's character drama.

Reki is still hotheaded when facing against problems although I'm not surprised. Luckily, he has Langa Hasegawa as a friend for support. Feels like character bonds in this show is pretty important.
Mar 20, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2019
Adam still pisses me off. But damn, Tadashi is so chill and he has got some insane skills. Too bad, he blames himself for Adam's behaviour and how he acts. Looks like Reki and Langa's friendship has been rejuvenated. It's great to see Langa supporting Reki when he's having a hard time. Tho he's still pissy about some of the stuff. For now, not much going on with the skating itself but I hope they're building up to something good for the last couple of episodes.
Mar 20, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
Remembering the days of WHACK for Adam, putting the entirety of "S" on a standstill. But there's no stopping the tournament...for what awaits it are surprises abound.

Miya vs. "Snake" Tadashi was no surprise of the latter making headways, but the backstory of assistant and master is another instance of character drama: the Snake/Serpent ready to rob Adam of the interest for skateboarding, removing his chance of dealing with Eve while he still can.

The one thing that Reki needs now is a push, but yet he's against the idea of accepting things the way as it is, and that's where Tadashi's proposition of quitting/elimination is the kicker to convince Reki to get back on the board...although a love hotel isn't a convenient place to make such an argument though.

Even if both Reki and Langa are stuck in their old agonizing ways (while Adam concocts more dirty tactics for those remaining in the tournament), at least they've patched up to bring back the exhilaration of skating and snowboarding, and that to me, is a grinning face of smiles. Gay love? Not quite, more like agape love between the two.

Skating is infinite, and Sk8 for Infinity forever.
Mar 20, 2021 12:00 PM

Sep 2018
they should've kissed
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Mar 20, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 2020
Donphan-senpai said:
they should've kissed
Agreed. The way Reki blushed too. And how when Langa asked to keep talking about what he was feeling it legit felt like we were SO CLOSE
Mar 20, 2021 12:09 PM

Sep 2020
I won't lie, I cried tears of joy when Reki remembered that skating is fun 😭💕
His renunion with Langa was just the cutest thing ever. The awkwardness between them that was resolved with just skating together, Langa pouring his heart out and both of them laughing wholehearted. *sigh* I missed a hug, but I'll take what I get.

I hope Shadow is alright, that blow on his head was pretty bad. Fuck that guy who wanted to hurt his girl.

It was good to see focus on Miya and that Langa wasn't the only one Reki left behind while he was busy with his own struggles. He'll give him a hard time when he returns, that's for sure 😅

Somehow, I'm not concerned about Adam anymore. I guess he'll destroy himself or he'll be taken down either by Tadashi or Langa in the tournament.

Gosh I'm just so happy that my best boy is back!
Mar 20, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
The designs just fell apart this episode, you can clearly tell they needed more time for this final half of the series.
Mar 20, 2021 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
The director pull a "losing and regaining aspiration before final match" from Free! season 1 and "unexpected hotel room scene" from Free! season 2.

My prediction would be Reki surprisingly win against ADAM, and Reki and Langa get to skating together in the final round.

I kinda gave up on a real same-sex confession, because the director will never ever admit that, like ever. The market of people who love to walk the line between hetero and homo is very big and she doesn't need to fall into any of that category.
Mar 20, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
i loved this episode, i missed seeing reki smile
Mar 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Dec 2020
this was the episode that had the laziest writing so far

how many times did they say "skating is fun"?

i'm glad langa and reki made up but it took just forever because they made reki run away every single fucking time to the point where he was getting barely any screen time

and for some reason reki had to get hit by a car for him to remember his love of skating?

why does adam need that many screens of langa's face

"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Mar 20, 2021 12:38 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
That wasn't the only love hotel that Reki visited that night... 😳
Mar 20, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
YESS YESS WE MADE IT! Reki and langa are finally back together and that part was so heartwarming. It was cute how langa kept praising reki and the way they both laughed and blushed.

Like UGH STOP BEING SO ADORABLE! My heart can’t take it!

And ofc that creep was watching everything. I swear if Adam doesn’t rot in jail after this, I will be disappointed
Mar 20, 2021 12:39 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Donphan-senpai said:
they should've kissed

Not gonna lie, I was kinda expecting them to do so. The bromance is very strong in this anime.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 20, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Adam: oh langa, you are my eve!

*adam sees langa and reki together and laughing and blushing*

Adam: I hate the lgbt community...

On serious note though, i swear adam better not touch my reki. Leave my couple alone, you pedo
Mar 20, 2021 12:44 PM

Sep 2019
No wonder fujoshis want Reki x Langa so much, even I expected them to go down that road in this episode.
Jan 2021
Loved the episode love my boy reki.
But i´m scared they are queerbating us.

If they won´t give us renga then at leest give us matchablossom!!
Dec 2020
I’d really like to say Screw ADAM honestly I feel like punching him so bad. But apart from that so happy Reki and langa made up I was so happy honestly.

ADAM don’t u DARE touch Reki or langa, what a creep ugh I swear-

Seriously if ADAM tries anything I’ll enter the anime to beat him up FR

Sep 2020
I was literally on the edge of my seat when Langa was talking to Reki LIKE I totally expected Langa to be like "I like you" or "I'm in love with you"

but I still rlly loved the scene when they were making up
they were both really cute (altho the smile on my face disappeared so fast when Adam was like "wedding blues" I hate him sm)

Also the whole Reki getting hit by a car scene in the beginning ??? bc a bunch of people were theorizing that like 'someones gonna die in the next ep' and I was like did reki just die?? LMAO

ANywayss I'm happy there was a lot of Reki in this episode
Mar 20, 2021 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Reki and langa so far: they hugged, they blushed at each other, langa said he liked reki, they wanna skate with each other forever(which means they wanna be together forever in my language)

*Friends by marshmello plays*

yeah right, screw you. just fkcing kiss already. queerbaiting should be banned in anime fr
removed-userMar 20, 2021 12:58 PM
Mar 20, 2021 12:48 PM
Mar 2021
I am a lil confused on the plot of the story💀💀 first of all, Reki has some big mood swings. Second of all, I literally can’t take it seriously anymore, some time ago I saw some person comment about this anime saying “this anime is supposed to be about skating, what are they fighting about, an Ollie?” 😂 and honestly it cracked me up I can’t stop thinking about it
Mar 20, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2011
_zoldycks_ said:
I am a lil confused on the plot of the story💀💀 first of all, Reki has some big mood swings. Second of all, I literally can’t take it seriously anymore, some time ago I saw some person comment about this anime saying “this anime is supposed to be about skating, what are they fighting about, an Ollie?” 😂 and honestly it cracked me up I can’t stop thinking about it

We had a guy throwing firecrackers at people in episode 1. One guy dresses as a ninja, has an AI in his board, and his board changes shape. Episode 9 had a guy skate downhill, step on the end of his board to pop it up, then ran uphill while the board spun beside him, before beating another dude in the face with it. Serious, this show is not, but damn if it isn't fun
Mar 20, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2020
Really glad that Reki and Langa are together and happy again, while Adam is jealous.
Mar 20, 2021 1:06 PM

Oct 2015
Very very strong bromance tho I knew they won't kiss. Well, they fixed their bond and I think the scene was cute. Shadow got attacked and injured and Adam decided to find someone as a replacement for the beef which is Reki. Overall nice episode^^
SweetheadMar 20, 2021 1:29 PM
Mar 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
MIYA is the one I feel the most bad for here, like sure Reki will obviously go back and patch things up with him. But after all the shit MIYA went through and then finally getting friends, and really trusting that Reki would be a good friend and keep his promise to stick around only to then keep leaving him. Even when MIYA is right in front of him, pleading, saying he'll forgive him, and still he just pushes him aside and runs off.

Obviously they'll be friends again, but man, that was painful.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Mar 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2020
Okay so it's official. ADAM is so obsessed and stalkerish. He's on that I know what you did last summer bullshit.
HikarusukeV3Mar 20, 2021 1:15 PM
Mar 20, 2021 1:24 PM

Feb 2021
minfairys said:
Adam: oh langa, you are my eve!

*adam sees langa and reki together and laughing and blushing*

Adam: I hate the lgbt community...

On serious note though, i swear adam better not touch my reki. Leave my couple alone, you pedo

Honestly Adam's existence is a hate crime

At least he can add stalking to his list of crimes for when that queen of a police officer lady arrests him
Manifesting
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Mar 20, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
i just wished when they crashed, they would accidentally kiss just like in shoujo anime/manga...i'm disappointed
removed-userMar 20, 2021 1:50 PM
Mar 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Feb 2021
Eira_99 said:
MIYA is the one I feel the most bad for here, like sure Reki will obviously go back and patch things up with him. But after all the shit MIYA went through and then finally getting friends, and really trusting that Reki would be a good friend and keep his promise to stick around only to then keep leaving him. Even when MIYA is right in front of him, pleading, saying he'll forgive him, and still he just pushes him aside and runs off.

Obviously they'll be friends again, but man, that was painful.

Yeah I totally forgot that Miya also sees him as a big bro/best friend and how rekis isolation is affecting him :( Miya has a fear of being abandoned and people leaving him and Reki is doing just that and honestly its heartbreaking when i think about it. I wish the anime had also focused on how Reki missing affected Miya and the rest
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Mar 20, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
phantomfandom said:
I kinda gave up on a real same-sex confession, because the director will never ever admit that, like ever. The market of people who love to walk the line between hetero and homo is very big and she doesn't need to fall into any of that category.

yeah, i think that has been very obvious since the start. people love to find details and reasons to ship, even more than canon relationships. i don't blame the producers, but it could have been very fresh to see an actual canon relationship. but for sure, the audience wants to ship, it's more fun to them. and why would they make it gay and draw the locals away anyway? i'm still glad that they are taking the gayness this far tho. that last scene was literally like a confession scene and it was so beautiful <3

Mar 20, 2021 1:32 PM
Feb 2021
not me shouting kiss at my screen at the end of the episode when they were bonding 💀✋🏻
Mar 20, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2016
I still find that part annoying, so Cherry lost to Adam.........NO!
There's a big difference between bending the rules and that crap.
If Reki beats his ass though then all is forgiven, I wanna see the king become a clown.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 20, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2019
For a second I seriously thought they were going to kiss.

Mar 20, 2021 1:50 PM
Feb 2021
I feel like people are underrating this episode atm. A whole lot of violence, for sure, which is not how I was expecting this episode to go but the physicality and danger of skateboarding has been a huge theme throughout the show so I don't think it was as out of place as some others are saying. Also, I think the "skateboarding is fun" realization and consequent repetition simply re-asserts this as a sports anime (think of Haikyuu where some of the final manga lines are about how volleyball is fun), so I liked the reminder that beyond the personal drama this anime is about skating.

Then, the confession scene. I am inclined to read Langa's speech through a queer lens. Not to beat a dead horse, but it is apt to compare this anime to Yuri on Ice. We can look at the idea that not only is "skating fun" in sk8 but both Reki and Langa now understand that it is fun when you do it together with someone you love. And I will use the word "love" here because (1) Langa makes a direct comparison between Reki and his late father who he loved and loved to snowboard with and (2) talking about a love of skateboarding is a metaphor for love of a person. This is where YOI comes in: in the show, Victor says "we call everything on the ice love" and Yuri's program theme is love. Therefore, when they talk about skating they are also talking about their love for each other. This is how shows use metaphor to queercode canonically. Obviously, with YOI there was also the kiss confirmation and I would not be surprised if we got something similar from sk8 in the final episodes. However, in the case that we don't, I still think that this scene can be read as a relationship confirmation given the precedent set by YOI, another sports anime that uses sport as a metaphor for love. I think we should consider how we define explicit and implicit canon here because in queer media the implicit *is* the explicit. Queer relationships are coded through symbolism and, rather than make them less real, this strategy in fact confirms them.

Anyways, I think we need to see the show the whole way through before we can really affirm my proposed interpretation... just something to keep in mind moving forward!
Feb 2017
Reki finally got back to skating thanks to him realizing how much fun skating is for him especially with someone beside him. Him and Langa finally made up thanks to that.

This episode gave a lot of BL vibes and it literally cannot be ignored at this point. Felt like Langa was going to confess to Reki at any point in the second half of the episode.

ADAM is up to his dirty actions again next week. I have no sympathy for this man no matter how sad his back story is. Man needs a therapy and a vacation from his abusive aunts.

Jan 2021
minfairys said:
i just wished when they crashed, they would accidentally kiss just like in shoujo anime/anime...i'm disappointed
Same

Also poor Miya, he deserves better
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Mar 20, 2021 1:54 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:
The director pull a "losing and regaining aspiration before final match" from Free! season 1 and "unexpected hotel room scene" from Free! season 2.

My prediction would be Reki surprisingly win against ADAM, and Reki and Langa get to skating together in the final round.

LoL, you should probably try eaither to learn how read beetwen the lines or just give up on anime. The TV Stations need to make money and they cannot release anime with explicit homosexuality (there´s not even recognition of same-sex couples in Japan) in regular watch time if they can release it at all. Gay relationships are not treated the same way in the Western or in Asia, maybe you´re trying to find this in the wrong media.
Mar 20, 2021 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
IamVermillion said:
minfairys said:
i just wished when they crashed, they would accidentally kiss just like in shoujo anime/anime...i'm disappointed
Same

Also poor Miya, he deserves better

that part broke me. Miya lost his friend bcs of the same thing and to see another friend "leaving"you is so heartbreaking.
Mar 20, 2021 2:05 PM

Jun 2014
Finally Reki is out of his depressive slump. It was nice to see him and Langa skating together again, having so much fun and just smiling all carefree. But of course creepy ass Adam is out here spying on them with a drone lol, and it looks like he's going to make Reki face him in place of Shadow. Maybe they'll have Reki pull off an upset against Adam and then he'll face Langa in the finals.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 20, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2019
"I love you"
★ ☆☆☆☆

"I want to skate with you to infinity"
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

fanart credits: @yeetoldy
Mar 20, 2021 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
I’m so happy they finally made up ^v^ now kiss
Mar 20, 2021 2:37 PM
Apr 2015
For me, I love their friendship
, no romance please, really why everything has to evolve to a romance it will be great to be best friends which are rare to see nowadays ( best buddies for life )
Like chandler and Joey lol
Mar 20, 2021 2:41 PM
Nov 2020
That was even better than I thought!!!! That reconciliation was perfect!!!! Adam on the other hand needs to back off.
Mar 20, 2021 2:41 PM

Mar 2015
they've been leading us to believe they were going down the "they're gonna get together" route for a hot minute and while initially i was riding that wave i also felt it would have been so out of place if they just up and kissed right there. they should have at least had langa properly confess, tho, cuz at this rate they'll just be queerbaiting.
〰坂本竜馬はホモなんですよ〰
Mar 20, 2021 2:42 PM
Dec 2020
I was so happy to see my babies Reki and Langa got back together again!!! All that we need now is someone to whoop ADAM's butt so he can leave them alone!
Mar 20, 2021 3:04 PM

Jun 2019
It took Reki 4 episodes to get over a problem that should have only taken 1 episode.

He has never been a prodigy or really been about being the best skater, so this whole inferiority complex never made a lot of sense to begin with. For him to get over his whole “woe-is-me” period by realizing that he skates because he loves doing it felt unsatisfying because that was obvious.

That being said, the way they got him to realize it was done well enough (but why the hell did the secretary take an unconscious Reki to a love hotel to settle instead of just placing him in the car?). The reunion with Langa was corny and really yaoi bait-y, but enjoyable enough.
Mar 20, 2021 3:20 PM
Apr 2020
Woah! Tadashi's skating is really cool, dodging those rocks like nothing and defeated Miya just like that. He even reversed psychology Reki and help him realize why he started skate. And thanks to that Reki and Langa made up.

Langa's excitement while skating is back because Reki is back. They're like an awkward couple after a serious fight but because they have something in common that they both like and understand, they were able to made up. The usally quiet Langa became talkative. They both wanna be together forever - infinity handshake, I guess this officially made them canon. lol

kwknifes said:
"I love you"
★ ☆☆☆☆

"I want to skate with you to infinity"
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

lmao 💯

One conflict solved but another is about to happen. Stalker Adam is jealous af. lol. Because Shadow was injured, he'll put Reki in olace of Shadow. Reki and Adam rematch! Woo!

Ao_SkyMar 20, 2021 3:23 PM
Mar 20, 2021 3:25 PM
Jun 2019
I feel like this episode was meant to be split in two ... It wasn't bad, just a little rushed.
So many things happened and moments like Miya's race and Shadow's injury deserved more screen time. I think they are really struggling with the schedule, and we can see that even in the art.

But even so, VERY happy for my babies! The development that Reiki received was surprisingly satisfying, and ranga moment made my heart skip (;
Even though they didn't kiss, it is clearly a romance growing between them, I think the anime staff just can't show it explicitly.

And that DAP, in the end, were they going for a heart? x.x
Mar 20, 2021 3:39 PM
Dec 2020
WHY DIDNT THEY KISS UGH
Mar 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Mar 2018
i saw reki trending on twitter before i saw this episode and i knew immediately that my boys were back to their old ways you love to see it, you dont love to see him get his ass beat though lol

and of all the places tadashi took reki to a LOVE HOTEL he should've took that money fr fr

shadow the mvp for taking that hit that was literally out of nowhere though

reki gotta apologise to miya and joe gotta smack adam in a race then all is right with the world, still 2 eps left so lets hope

Mar 20, 2021 3:41 PM
Feb 2021
Everything was going well until ADAM,I fucking hate that guy!!!!
Both in this last scene and the anime as a total
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.