Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 20, 2021 2:16 AM
Jan 2021
As a manga reader, regardless of whether you take the series seriously or with pure comedic expectations, she's pretty fucking toxic.

Not only does she constantly force Miyamura to do things he's very uncomfortable with (Her S/M fetish that which he has stated multiple times he is uncomfortable to do with her, watching scary movies that he doesn't like, gets angry at him simply for getting close with his homies), but the latter half of the series does not improve on her character whatsoever.

One such example I can vividly think of is

I don't know about you dude, but I like to have freedom in my relationships. I won't outright deny any recommendations my SO would have for me, but I wouldn't accept them attempting to control me as such.

If you really think this is stable behavior within an regular relationship, I deeply recommend you get more experience. And if you are in one, then open your eyes.
Mar 20, 2021 2:46 AM
Dec 2018
GoshaX said:
To all the people saying that Hori is toxic and they are not in a healthy relationship, I 100% bet you never had a relationship in your life. If you never had a relationship in your life how could you even comment on a relationship? How could you know that happens in a relationship? When I see the other post I question the reality of the universe. Someone needs to go set up a doctor's appointment now.

I won't comment on their relationship but it is quite obvious to me that you are a really toxic person.
Mar 20, 2021 3:57 AM
Aug 2015
honestly i was fine with hori expressing her kink in the bedroom, but when she encourages miyamura to hit her in public, thats where it crossed the line for me. You can see he doesnt want to hurt her but has to go with it because she is overpowering, and thats what makes it toxic.

I am sure they will fix it later in the manga, and the author only brought it up as a character development for both of them to try out stuff they havent before, but still doing it in public normalizes it too much for me.

anyone who is just passing by, would take miyamura as an abuser and that shits not right considering the target audience for this show is teens.

Anyways, the mangaka purposefully made this part of their relationship toxic, so that later down the line they can reflect on it and correct their behavior. Atleast thats what I expect.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 20, 2021 4:09 AM
Nov 2020
I personally think Hori is not toxic. I have to admit that I like this show a lot, but why I think Hori isn't toxic is because she only does this to Miyamura because she wants him to step out of his comfort zone because of the way he was before he met her. Pls only respond if you answer in a polite way thx. ✌️
Mar 20, 2021 4:21 AM

Dec 2017
"Why you don't like something I like, you must be immature!"
Dude, do you realise that people have different tastes? Yes, there are good things in Horimia. But there are bad things. And it is up to your personal preference if good stuff outweights bad stuff. For you it does. For me it does not. No point in raging about it. You can ask WHY people think this way, you can try to explain your point and persuade them - but you can't just say "like the show" and everyone will do just that.
Mar 20, 2021 4:22 AM
Aug 2015
wsh4d0w said:
I personally think Hori is not toxic. I have to admit that I like this show a lot, but why I think Hori isn't toxic is because she only does this to Miyamura because she wants him to step out of his comfort zone because of the way he was before he met her. Pls only respond if you answer in a polite way thx. ✌️

the intention may come from a good place, but the actions are toxic. Again, this is only because they are still high schoolers and are immature. This how they will learn what to do and what not to do in the future. I am reading the manga right now, and it does seem that Hori realizes that what she was doing is not right and has to change.

I dont think the mangaka wanted this relationship to be perfect from the get go. Reflection and growing up is what will make this relationship better.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 20, 2021 5:19 AM

Jul 2019
This logic DOES NOT check out in the slightest. You are saying if you have no experience in something, you have no reason to comment.

Ok,
Explain people thinking art looks good.
Explain people who have on political decisions.
Explain how domestic violence is hated by people who have never been in a relationship.

I mean, nice bait if this is.
Mar 20, 2021 5:46 AM
Mar 2021
GoshaX said:
sekaiwaKIREI said:

one factor would be Hori's jealousy, it's fine to be jealous sometimes but it gets so hard to watch when she takes it out on Miyamura repeatedly, even if it's just someone complimenting his looks. this lack of trust in a relationship can easily lead to breakups in real life, but hey this is anime so i won't bring anime into real life unlike how you did.
another factor would be that Hori kind of forces her kink on Miyamura, i don't mind kinks but Hori just makes Miyamura act in a way that is the polar opposite of how he usually acts without thinking about whether he feels alright doing it. i shouldn't even have to explain why this is toxic.
now, i'm not saying you can't enjoy the show just because Hori is toxic, i'm just giving my two cents.
Doesnt you point just prove that they are in a
sekaiwaKIREI said:

one factor would be Hori's jealousy, it's fine to be jealous sometimes but it gets so hard to watch when she takes it out on Miyamura repeatedly, even if it's just someone complimenting his looks. this lack of trust in a relationship can easily lead to breakups in real life, but hey this is anime so i won't bring anime into real life unlike how you did.
another factor would be that Hori kind of forces her kink on Miyamura, i don't mind kinks but Hori just makes Miyamura act in a way that is the polar opposite of how he usually acts without thinking about whether he feels alright doing it. i shouldn't even have to explain why this is toxic.
now, i'm not saying you can't enjoy the show just because Hori is toxic, i'm just giving my two cents.
Doesn't your point of Hori being jealous just prove that they are in a good relationship that Hori cares about Miyamura so much that little things make her nervous that she will lose Miyamura? It's not lack of trust towards Miyamura, its the girl's jealousy that she wants the man that she love the most to spoil her more because that's what most girls want, they want to be treated extra special. Your second point of Hori forces her kink on Miyamura, you are saying that in your relationship you never did anything uncomfortable for your boy or girlfriend? a relationship is literally doing something you don't like or changing yourself for the people that you love, that's what builds a relationship, the sacrifice you do to the other side to show your love. There are no perfect relationships, there is no way that two people get together and everything is fine and both sides feels that there is no need to change for the other side. The part of a relationship is to slowly change for the one you love, that is the power of love it changes you.
After reading through this thread, it's kinda funny how heated you are getting. I mean can you not see where your bias lies? Anyway, from this last point that you made, this is not a description of a healthy relationship. I'll elaborate... Jealousy comes naturally in every relationship, but it has a toxicity that can plague a relationship if taken too far. This is in a sense how Hori has gotten. She get jealous of other girls and boys for even talking to Miyamura. Furthermore, the fact that she takes this out on Miyamura is the biggest testament to their toxic relationship.

Also, you say that changing for your partner is normal, but I would have to disagree. And sure, every relationship in life requires compromises. However, in mutually healthy relationships, you are still your own person with your own boundaries. Miyamura is so uncomfortable with Hori's kink that he physically can't carry it out at first.
While it is a sweet that he is trying to fulfill her desire is sweet, if he is that uncomfortable with it and she continues to be toxicly jealous... They just won't last.
Mar 20, 2021 7:21 AM

Dec 2017
People cry about the most stupid shit these days... like if some fictional characters are in a "toxic" relationship or not. I give up.

And to the people calling this relationship toxic, just stop and don't embarrass yourself further.
Mar 20, 2021 7:38 AM

Aug 2018
Show me who is saying that horimiya is bad because 'Hori is in and unhealthy relationship' most people who don't like it are complaining about other things
_______I like rocks__
Mar 20, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2016

Stop answering m8. You are clearly talking with people who can but don't want to understand.
Mar 20, 2021 8:06 AM
Jan 2021
Idk about toxic but the show was boring
Mar 20, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2018
Finally. Good statement. I've read and watched so much toxic shite (and i like it, duh.), i am wheezing while reading threads and comments how Horimiya is so toxic lol. XD
Mar 20, 2021 8:54 AM
Great Love

Mar 2019
GoshaX said:
Chiibi said:
Well said.

Horimiya is a wonderful show and people are stupid, that is all.
People that start thread like that aren't even 18 years which made me laugh so hard.

I've seen 'people that aren't even 18 years' act much more mature than you.

Mar 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2020
The amount of hot takes in this thread is mind boggling. This is a show about a high school relationship. Stop thinking so deep into it. And the thing about her kink is supposed to be humorous. If you're thinking about how she's forcing it on him then you're missing the point.
Mar 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
OP, u a Gen Z complaining about others Gen Z, I had a relationship and I could say this is a toxic relationship.

24 years old is still young, u are not a old geezer lol.
NurguburuMar 20, 2021 9:27 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2021 9:05 AM
Oct 2020
GoshaX said:
To all the people saying that Hori is toxic and they are not in a healthy relationship, I 100% bet you never had a relationship in your life. If you never had a relationship in your life how could you even comment on a relationship? How could you know that happens in a relationship? When I see the other post I question the reality of the universe. Someone needs to go set up a doctor's appointment now.

Ngl to you mate I think it's because people have a different opinion to you on what relationships should entail. In this thread you are acting like you're objectively correct and it's coming off as quite pretentious. Just let people have their own takes and don't just attack them for it lol
Mar 20, 2021 9:06 AM

Jun 2020
The amount of hot takes in this thread is mind boggling. Stop taking everything so seriously. The part about her kink is supposed to be humorous. If you're sitting there thinking about how "she's forcing it on him" then you're missing the point entirely. It isn't supposed to be serious. This isn't a drama.
Mar 20, 2021 9:16 AM

Nov 2020
GoshaX said:

30limit.......................
The south galaxy was destroyed... by a super saiyan
Mar 20, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
I guess by this logic, we need to make sure all the doctors, therapists, counselors, etc. of the world need to have relationship experience before they handle anything relating to a relationship.

I'm not claiming any of us hold any of those titles, but that is what the logic suggests.

I'd gladly go schedule a doctor's appointment, but I can't be sure that my doctor has relationship experience... oops.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Mar 20, 2021 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't seem Horimiya yet. Is it good? I've seen a lot of people hyping it up lately.
Mar 20, 2021 9:44 AM

Dec 2013
vestun said:
I haven't seem Horimiya yet. Is it good? I've seen a lot of people hyping it up lately.

It's probably the best romcom we've had in a long time man. In some ways it's generic but the characters feel pretty fleshed out. So it's worth the watch imo.
Mar 20, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
RealMTL said:
vestun said:

It's probably the best romcom we've had in a long time man. In some ways it's generic but the characters feel pretty fleshed out. So it's worth the watch imo.

Hmmm, Seems pretty cool! I'll give it a watch then! Thanks.
Mar 20, 2021 10:34 AM
Jan 2021
Mangaka : aight I'mma put something weird/unique trait on Hori so this can add more fun to the story.

People that pros and cons the trait : *Triggered

Mangaka : ... shit... Ah well, do what you people like, I'mma enjoy this free publicity :)

Anyway...

Just wanna say that Compromising is an important part in a relationship and compromise comes from both party. Also, respect each other's Opinion if you want your opinion to be respected.
Hot_Green_TeaMar 20, 2021 10:39 AM
Mar 20, 2021 10:44 AM

Feb 2020
anime was supposed to be for watching (not for getting relation tips). So a person who watches romance anime doesn't have to be in a relationship. Whether "horimiya is good or bad?" that a different topic entirely which is related to watching experience rather than relationship experience.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 20, 2021 11:34 AM
Aug 2020
Even people with relationship experience said horimiya got toxic relationship.
Mar 20, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2020
Thank you so much op.You're now showing the toxic side of Horimiya's fandom.Also why only Horimiya's getting so hated because it's generic?Why don't other shounen get hated like Jujutsu Kaisen,Mob psycho 100,etc?Even they are generic but they don't seem to get so hated like Horimiya.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 20, 2021 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
GoshaX said:

geez you're being childish fighting over fictional characters relationship and none of your argument makes sense
Mar 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Sep 2020
Horimiya is a really good anime
People who hate it are morons

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Mar 20, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2017
Okay so I have never been in a relationship so I get my dose of romance only from fiction. That said, I have read the Horimiya manga before till chapter 122 and I gave up after that. While I don't hate it, I don't understand why people find it so good. It is certainly not a realistic portrayal of romance. Substantial romance material felt like it was put on hold with few scraps here and there with the rest being slice of life. While I am fine with the SoL part of it in general too much of it made me lose interest and I felt let down by a romance where they literally don't face any difficulties.

Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Mar 20, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2018
I mean, it is a toxic relationship, but it's not a bad show because of it. This show portrays two people who are novice to the experience of dating, thus they do not know the rules and boundaries typically seen in relationships. Even with the anime exaggeration of comedic events, it still portrays a realistic relationship of teens fucking up. For example, they don't really build trust from their communication, and instead build jealousy and create embarrassing situations to their partner.
This isn't a portrayal of a healthy relationship, but instead a messy one that typically occurs from having no experience. It isn't a bad quality to portray a toxic relationship; bad experiences should be allowed to be shown to an audience. Toxic things don't mean a bad show, they aren't interchangeable ideas.

Also, I disagree with your notion that people can't comment and provide good insight if they haven't dated. After all, hindsight is 20/20. People don't need to have experience to tell if something is healthy or not. Just like how you don't need to be a doctor (the mangaka) to know if your heart treatment is going well (the audience, because we're consuming the content, but we're not in the doctor's surgical procedure capabilities/story creation process). Heck, it's common for researchers to bring outsiders in on purpose because their insight can bring a new angle and develop their paper further. So yeah, I don't like your argument in the first post.

So, you might ask, how would you portray a healthy relationship?

From me being in relationships, I have come to learn my own way in how to have a strong healthy relationship with my partner. When I first meet my partner, I tell them 3 qualities that I look for both of us to have to each other: communication, understanding, and trust. We communicate to each other our feelings and boundaries. From then, we establish an understanding of a clear line or like/dislike. Once we communicate to understand each other, we build up a trust system--the more we listen to each other, the more trust we establish with one another because I know my partner won't cross the line. If they do, I tell them, they understand and listen and change their behaviour, simple as that.
This is doubly so when things get more sexual; I put my body to the trust of another person, making me incredibly vulnerable. If things go too far, there's no ifs or buts, we don't go through with it. If both partners don't consent, off the table. Thus, you better believe I need to have good trust with my partner.

Mar 20, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
GoshaX said:
To all the people saying that Hori is toxic and they are not in a healthy relationship, I 100% bet you never had a relationship in your life. If you never had a relationship in your life how could you even comment on a relationship? How could you know that happens in a relationship? When I see the other post I question the reality of the universe. Someone needs to go set up a doctor's appointment now.]
she is toxic and quite annoying also. well, most wemen are but usually they try to suppress this while in relationship (at least early on). this is ok for the comedy purpouse but irl her behavior would be considered a red flag
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 20, 2021 1:08 PM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
Thank you so much op.You're now showing the toxic side of Horimiya's fandom.Also why only Horimiya's getting so hated because it's generic?Why don't other shounen get hated like Jujutsu Kaisen,Mob psycho 100,etc?Even they are generic but they don't seem to get so hated like Horimiya.
every fandom has its toxic side so you just need to ignore it.and i will agree that "horimiya is generic" argument is dumb coz most romance anime tends to be generic.i don't have a problem with it being generic i did'nt like it cuz i thought it was boring
Mar 20, 2021 2:29 PM
Mar 2018
this argument is extremely retarded. i never done meth before so i guess i cant say that meth is harmful or not. experience isn't everything
Mar 20, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2011
GoshaX said:

How can you just assume that ALL commenters never had a relationship lol

On another note there can be all sorts of relationships IRL, some similar to this one, some good, some bad. It's a show anyway and if some people can't enjoy well, no one's forcing them to watch it.

Mar 20, 2021 4:01 PM
Dec 2020
What a dumb argument... First of all, I think Hori is toxic as hell, and YES I have had relationships before but that is completely irrelevant. Her toxicity is quite evident. You better come up with a better argument than that.
Mar 20, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Wow...I'll never be able to say anything about it now because i've been single all my life...how sad..what am I going to do now?
Mar 20, 2021 5:52 PM

Feb 2021
To say that you must have a relationship to understand a relationship in an anime is ridiculous.

Also so much controversy for this is a bit absurd
Mar 20, 2021 8:51 PM

Jun 2017
I mean is the kind of toxicity that you would expect from teenagers living their first love so thats not a big deal, I just think is an average anime that looks pretty.
Mar 20, 2021 10:01 PM

Feb 2016
Woah, this post is literally "LOL IF U DON'T LIKE HORIMIYA THEN U R A FKNG VIRGIN LOL LOL GET SOME HELP".

Shame on you.

Also, u r watching (and gave a 7 to) Kaifuku, and wanna give moral advice about how normal relationships work? Ok cuck.

Oh, and before u start attacking me, yes, I have been in a few relationships, but still, I bet you still think i'm fkng crazy for thinking Hori is a really toxic and masochist girl, or that I'm lying and I'm a virgin because I believe in NORMAL relationships, but anyway, I don't really care what you think about me, I just came here to laugh at this post. You should get some help.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 20, 2021 10:05 PM

Oct 2019
i mean ppl can have their opinions. As someone else stated you should judge what the person says, not on what "relationship experience" they have. Just sounds a bit stupid.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Mar 20, 2021 10:12 PM
Jul 2018

Edit: My bad, I thought there was only going to be 12 episodes but it turns out there is going to be 13. They might add that chapter in the next episode. If they don't, then I'm going to be severely disappointed.
removed-userMar 20, 2021 10:16 PM
Mar 20, 2021 10:55 PM

Jan 2020
Dude you're a grown man, quit throwing a fit just cuz people don't like a relationship/show lol.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Mar 20, 2021 11:52 PM

Jul 2020
KenKaneki255 said:
Wow...I'll never be able to say anything about it now because i've been single all my life...how sad..what am I going to do now?

As our great lord Sonic The Headgehog said
If you have an anime profile pic your opinion doesn't count
If you want the sauce I can also provide it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 21, 2021 4:22 AM
Mar 2016
Calm down Casanova
Mar 21, 2021 6:07 AM

Jan 2021
nah the shows just boring af, if i wanted romance in my life i'd do it person not watch some clunky representation of modern teenagers bounce around romantic attraction and some kinda weird fetishist bs
smile B)
Mar 21, 2021 6:24 AM

Nov 2014
GoshaX said:
Deknijff said:
experience isn't needed necessarily when critiquing a relationship though

Do I need to have had a girlfriend to know Louise x Saito is unstable at times or something?

dont question the experience of the person critiquing, critic their critic if its bad or wrong factually
What you just said is completely bullshit, no one in the world will take you serious if you have no experience on the topic. When someone is saying stuff that they don't have the experience, we call that bullshit in real life.

So you are saying, i can't talk or criticize an anime like One Piece if i don't become a pirate myself? or i won't criticize dragon ball if i don't become strong enough to go around beating aliens and gods? or... I think its pretty clear the point.

When criticizing stories, they are judged by their narrative value and whatever message it intends to deliver, and resemblances with reality are also important whenever the story lends itself for it (which i think might be the case of horimiya, since its a romance manga which is supposed to happen in the real world), you don't need to have experienced any of those things to understand their narrative weight or what they try to deliver.

I mean, isn't fiction supposed to be a way to find new and unique experiences? you think someone who has been on relationships of this kind before would be more interested on watching this than you are?

PD: Just to clarify, i have only watched the first 1-2 episodes of the anime, but i think that was about enough to know where the anime was leading to, and its not that i don't like these kind of depictions, but instead because most shoujo manga/anime work the same way, and i just dont find any interest on it. Just my point of view.
error5000Mar 21, 2021 6:56 AM
Mar 21, 2021 6:42 AM
Aug 2020
their relationship might be toxic on one hand because hori doesn't allow anyone to come near miyamura but it's just a fricking rom-com and y'all need to calm down
Mar 21, 2021 7:06 AM
May 2020
Wow, what is this Warzone......

Tough the serie itself is extremely mediocre and boring to the point where I just dont care anymore. But a pretty stupid argument for saying you cant think that the relationship is toxic if you havent been in one......Just shut up please.....
Well..

Mar 21, 2021 8:19 AM

May 2017
Scordolo said:

You know that's a good point. I think many people are just jumping on the toxic bandwagon just because it has a high score.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

242 by whitebeartigtig »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Li_Feng_Tsao - Feb 6, 2021

230 by whitebeartigtig »»
Today, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SigismondDBF - Jan 30, 2021

248 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

230 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 16, 2021

241 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.