Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2021 3:36 AM

Oct 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
His mother is Choso's third parent and the current main villain. You know what, Gege, our boy doesn't deserve this. You're a fricking monster. Also, their first interaction at the end of Shibuya now seems a lot sadder than just enraging. I mean it's obvious that Brain-kun isn't a big fan of his kids as we've seen with Choso so far but it really makes me wonder what his whole plan with Yuuji is. The way he's approached him seems a bit counterproductive if we consider he's his creation and apparently part of his plan. It's also true that he didn't mind Mahito killing him tho, unless he believed that Mahito wouldn't be capable of it anyway.

So Choso was saying the truth after all. I wonder where he is now. Please don't tell me he's dead since he's Yuuji's only relative that we know of right now and who isn't out to destroy the entire world. Also is it just me or did Jin, Yuuji's father, look a bit like Naoya? Or more like having some Zen'in clan characteristics? Might be just the way Gege draws grown men tho.

So the theory about Yuuta just acting on Gojo's orders and actually being on Yuuji's side were true after all. Seems like I can like him again. I gotta admit the scene with him bursting out in laughter was a bit uncanny after the depression roll we had him on for the past few chapters.

What is continuing is Yuuji's depression roll tho. Seems like it's here to stay too which I'm glad for, honestly. It's refreshing to see a shounen protagonist who doesn't just shake it off and whose psychology is actually heavily affected by the trauma.

Megumi is back too, admittedly much quicker than I expected. Yuuji's outburst towards him felt very genuine and desperate.

"Save me first, Itadori." Megumi's now acting like the true heroine of the story that he is. Bet all of the fandom is gonna love to see it.

Not sure I'm a fan of this annihilation game thing Gege brought into this. I suppose it's a good way to deal with the large amount of curse users and vessels that have popped up but I'm getting some Mirai Nikki and Darwin's Game vibes from it and I don't consider that to be a good thing. However, so far Gege has executed everything mostly perfectly, even the cliches so I have my faith in him to bring something refreshing to the table yet again.
HarryDigsAnimeMar 19, 2021 5:38 AM
Mar 19, 2021 4:01 AM

Mar 2015
i have faith on you yuta, thanks gege!

also wtf is that mother? that brainy pull some aizen shit. no wonder yuuji can be sukuna vessel.

also we gantz now.
KumaMar 19, 2021 4:06 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 19, 2021 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
Suspicions confirmed. Yuta was actually acting and following Gojo’s demands to save Yuji. Tho he did really kill him and brought him back with RCT (broken ability).

Yuji’s mom confirmed to be brain-kun and so Yuji is truly Choso’s relative. I wonder where Choso is tbh. Did Naoya capture him? Cant imagine him being killed off screen.
Mar 19, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
the mother of Yuji is a zombie then or Cursed Corpse like Panda

so Yuta is on the side of Yuji after all nice one Gojo for planning that

and damn a Death Game between curse users will begin with Fushiguros sister as a player so they gonna save her

Mar 19, 2021 9:59 AM
Feb 2017
Yuta acting on Gojo's request was true after all. Thankfully Yuta isn't all depression and actually laughs and cracks jokes. Yuta couldn't believe Gojo would ever get in trouble except because of a women lol.

Yuji's parents got revealed. Him being an actual relative of Choso is confirmed now so all those memory manipulation theories were all false then. I hope we get to know Choso's status. It'd be too bad to kill him off so suddenly. That reminds me of Nobara too!!!

The match thing seemed a bit iffy to me. But then again, it's Gege sensei so they must be having something in mind.
Mar 19, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
LETS GO
So Yuji's mother was actually Choso's mother too meaning Yuji killed his brothers lmao. Didn't expect to get into another major arc this quickly but it lines up with what Gege said about the series ending in 2-3 years.
Mar 19, 2021 2:16 PM
May 2018
I knew i could trust yuta!! best boy indeed!! Gojo had already planned everything im a bit surprised he expected something bad would happen to him considering how confident he is about himself and his abilities. finally we saw yujis parents , his father looks like naoya i wonder if that means that there is some relation to the zenin family or its just geges way of drawing his male cast?? and finally megumi is back after a while!! hopefully we will learn about nobaras condition soon too i miss her.
Mar 19, 2021 2:20 PM

May 2020
Gojou really planned ahead about many things, thank goodness Akutami-sensei didn't disappoint with Yuuta ^^

It's great that we got something on Yuji's background, though obviously we need more than that.....it was refreshing seeing Megumi after some time!

Those Annihilation Migration rules o.O
Let the death game begin!!!!
Mar 19, 2021 7:10 PM
Apr 2014
lol Naoya must've been frustrated being ordered by Yuta, I guess he'll be back to hunt Megumi

the plot thickens with the Yuji's backstory and the death game being set up.
Mar 20, 2021 1:25 AM
Jun 2020
Gege literally trolling with me
Mar 20, 2021 3:20 AM
Dec 2020
Finally caught, God that Noritoshi dude is creeeeeepy
Mar 20, 2021 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
Yuta and Gojou-sensei didn't disappointment.

And fucking brain-kun = mother confirmed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2021 9:30 AM

Sep 2020
This chapter just brain-guy a ton more creepier, even more so if he possessed Yuji's mother before his dad met her

Not surprised by Yuta's actions, knowing how he is, this was most probable
Mar 21, 2021 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
So all those theories about Yuta “killing” then reviving Yuji as part of an agreement were right. Congrats lol. We also got a glimpse into Yuji past, so his father was connected to Jujutsu sorcery as well. Very interesting, hope we’ll get that touched on soon.

The culling game arc has a lot of potential. Lots of directions the story can go in rn.
Mar 21, 2021 10:21 AM
Oct 2020
Shits getting interesting with the flashback we saw with Yuuji as a baby and that culling game. It’s also good to see Yuta interact with Itadori. I still want to see Nobara ;(
Mar 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2016
So it looks like brain sorcerer possessed Yuuji's birth mother's body after she died, at his father's request it would seem so they could have a baby, i.e Yuuji....creepy.....
Also a death game arc with Gantz like rules, kill for 100 points to negotiate for a rule, this could be pretty awesome.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 21, 2021 10:32 AM
Feb 2021
The world is ending but the zenin clan is in the mood for games......also you guys forgot something.... Tsumiki is awake ...yokatta...the three coolest boys getting together to fight...this sh** keeps getting better.
I'm a monogatari enthusiast to the core...and i like some wholesome stuff too
Mar 21, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Damn! I liked this chapter, 142 was also great. Excited for the new arc!
Mar 21, 2021 11:07 AM
Mar 2015
Itadori's death is being staged again
Mar 21, 2021 1:46 PM

Oct 2017
So it was all staged, makes sense.
Mar 22, 2021 5:29 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah... battle royale arc!!!
Mar 22, 2021 6:54 AM

Jan 2019
I knew Yuta was trying to help Yuji, but it feels good now that it's confirmed ! Next arc is probably gonna be fire
Mar 23, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
That moment when everyone thought the brain was his dad, but turned out to be his mum.
Mar 24, 2021 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
First yuta and now a battle royale? Itadori can't catch a break. And brain-kun is itadori's mama.

More importantly how is yuta's character gonna play out from here, that guy is too strong.

Mar 27, 2021 9:21 PM
Aug 2015
I still don't get it completely like, his mom was brain-kun and his dad was a normal person. So was there a third thing, like curse blood or something involved in Yuji's birth? Or did the body that Noritoshi possessed had the ability to give birth to a curse child? Because Noritoshi isn't a curse itself, at least I think.
Mar 28, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2019
Matheus1881 said:
I still don't get it completely like, his mom was brain-kun and his dad was a normal person. So was there a third thing, like curse blood or something involved in Yuji's birth? Or did the body that Noritoshi possessed had the ability to give birth to a curse child? Because Noritoshi isn't a curse itself, at least I think.

What? What are you talking about? Why would there be a curse involved in Yuuji's birth?
May 8, 2021 7:58 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, so Choso wasn't memory fucked, they're actually really brothers.
Jun 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
I kind of like that Choso was actually right about Itadori & him being brothers rather than this being some kind of subconscious ability that Itadori has because it means Todo's insanity about that was all his own.

Yuta being on Gojo's side isn't the biggest surprise, but I did quite like how the reveal was handled, and their discussion afterward. That he's helping Itadori because he's important to those important to him, and how it wasn't Itadori's fault, comparing it to his situation (with the difference that Yuta wasn't cursed but the cursee).

The Culling Game sounds like a solid shonen template for an arc.
Jun 7, 2021 3:56 PM

Mar 2021
Next up: TOURNAMENT ARC!!!!!

Really glad that Yuta is the still the sunshine that he became during vol 0.

Aw man and Choso is actually Yuuji’s big brother confirmed. Can’t wait to see how Todo will react to all this. I hope they become a trio, lol

Aug 21, 2021 12:36 AM

Apr 2021
i loved this plottwist, okkotsu carelessly killing itadori just didn't sit right with me haha
Dec 3, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2019
So... brain-Kun was Yuji's mother all along and Choso is actually Yuji's brother. Makes so much sense now and the fact that Yuji is that strong.
Mar 29, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2021
Oh boy, the aftermath of the fight looks like Yuta is about to resurrect Naoya, this is even big trouble for Choso and Itadori. Looks like Naoya is dead ass thinking that a blood manipulation would do such a limit usage but Yuta is about to heal him. Aw Aw Aw I see Itadori’s father Jin holding baby Itadori, he’s so adorable >u< LMAO “Don’t talk about such things infront of Yuji, They say babies remember more than we think” what is this statement, are they truly speaking facts or just some stereotypes heh and WAIT SO THE MOTHER WAS BRAIN-KUN THE WHOLE TIME, ah that’s why I kinda get to why Itadori and Choso are half in half blood related and what the fuck when did Itadori and Yuta started this camping shenanigans going on lmao and why is Yuta becoming a kind-hearted person what, my braincell is literally not working right now. Wait so Yuta got along with Gojo sensei the whole time? During the Death Painting arc, he was just mentioned without even making an appearance but it’s interesting that we get to see him screening in this new upcoming arc. Gojo and Yuta had a very hilarious interaction, wonder what is Yuta’s taste in woman, gotta be someone who surpass Jennifer Lawrance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Lol if I were in Itadori’s position, I would legit ask the same thing, “Then why am I still alive?”, Yuta definitely didn’t want to kill Itadori but he has to really know what Itadori’s capable of. Okay what the fuck now Megumi appeared out of the nowhere, and Itadori is yet again making me sad with his “I killed people because of me, lots of people died”, at this point though, Itadori resist wanting to kill himself but his goal is unknown yet. Megumi is making points about no matter what action we do, we have to save civilians, his words of encouragement are impeccable! So Noritoshi started a Culling Game and Itadori and other sorcerers must participate. This is an interesting plot twist.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 7, 2023 10:48 AM

Nov 2017
Weird, the whole story is coming undone and this is probably where S2 will stop. Are we having a tournament arc now?

We went from stitch-head bringing about the end of the world by bringing back before-time cursed spirits to...hanging out and going back to Jujutsu High? WTH is going on?

We went from peak drama to...nothing. Complete and total Deus Ex Machina. Nothing was explained, what happened to Stitch-Head? Also apparently Yuji's mother was the spirit of Stitch-Head?

So confused right now.

This series is so similar to Chainsaw Man you can't help but compare and it keeps things shounen Jump in comparison. Megumi Fushiguro is way too nice in this series (compared to Aki Hayakawa).

Jujutsu is like the junior edition of Chainsaw Man. How can we go from Sukuna committing a holocaust to...this?

Total whiplash right now.
Jan 24, 2023 10:09 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
This is insane, lmao.

I feel bad for Yuji though. Everything that happened in Shibuya seems to be eating him up inside.

I FRICKING LOVE YUTA.
Nov 22, 2023 2:43 AM
Jun 2021
I was expecting somethin abt Gojo, but Yuta is da GOAT
Nov 25, 2023 8:22 AM

Nov 2013
Glad Yuta is still Yuta.
Nov 25, 2023 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to kawaiitea
Yuta acting on Gojo's request was true after all. Thankfully Yuta isn't all depression and actually laughs and cracks jokes. Yuta couldn't believe Gojo would ever get in trouble except because of a women lol.

Yuji's parents got revealed. Him being an actual relative of Choso is confirmed now so all those memory manipulation theories were all false then. I hope we get to know Choso's status. It'd be too bad to kill him off so suddenly. That reminds me of Nobara too!!!

The match thing seemed a bit iffy to me. But then again, it's Gege sensei so they must be having something in mind.
@kawaiitea This is the perfect comment that I was about to write. Thanks!!
Dec 26, 2023 4:56 PM

May 2021
The meme "
took backshots for Sukuna" finally makes sense to me.

Jan 2, 7:34 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I fking love Yuta!! I never should have doubted him XD

Also. Holy shit. Why is Kamo as Yuji's mum so insanely hot...

And I forget that Choso is a curse and not a traditional human

This game set by Kamo looks like absolute madness. This dude. It's all a game to him literally
Jan 8, 11:52 PM
Jan 2024
I have to read it because the terrible manga fanbase keeps spoiling everything
Jan 18, 11:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was all a farce to make him believe that he had killed Itadori!
kekeke
Jan 22, 11:25 PM

Aug 2023
Yuji's father name is Jin and his mother is the FATHER OF CHOSO BUT TAKING OVER YUJI'S MOTHER KAORI???.

Yuta was acting about all the stuff about killing Itadori Yuji and execution him(I don't know but I started to see Yuta annoying but after this chapter I like him as much as when I saw JJK 0) . Megumi came out a nowhere, I didn't understand Culling game so well so yeah.
Feb 16, 2:22 PM
Apr 2019
like it, it was amazing chapter
Mar 4, 4:50 PM
Dec 2022
IS YUTA NOT A BAD GUY??
Megumi here too

This is officially a Jujutsu Kaisen: The Culling Game
what is this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 17

76 by Nicrotx »»
Today, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 3

56 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
Yesterday, 1:59 AM

» He doesn't know how to write ( 1 2 )

Nugi97 - Mar 23

50 by Adnash »»
Apr 22, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 240 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 24, 2023

58 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 21, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 185 Discussion

Kuma - May 19, 2022

40 by sadledgerspace »»
Apr 16, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.