Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Big part of this episode was Keith's introspection. Now I don't remember anything about the Erika woman and Keith's relationship with her. Him being his stister he was in love with but never dared to act on his feelings was quite a surprise.
Mar 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Dec 2019
When was incest ever a part of this anime lmao
Mar 19, 2021 3:28 PM
Jan 2021
The incest kinda took me by surprise lol
Mar 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Apr 2015
Guess they really put their B team on this one
Mar 22, 2021 8:54 AM

Aug 2017
Xesty17 said:

If my memory is correct from S1, they're non-blood related.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 23, 2021 6:42 PM
Oct 2019
holy balls this episode sucked. didn't even finish it. i gotta drop this shit

so much worse than season 1. 4/10
Mar 25, 2021 7:47 PM
Dec 2020
Incest because why not
Apr 1, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Dear lord. This was already a struggle to get through, then "I was terrified to say it because... I was your brother!"

Someone please make sure this never gets an S3
Apr 23, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2021
The incest I didn’t expect.
May 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
Nurguburu said:
Xesty17 said:

If my memory is correct from S1, they're non-blood related.

Incest doesn't happen just between biological siblings, they're probably raised together so it's still incest. Family isn't just blood.
Jun 8, 2021 6:43 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am not sure that I have seen an anime that I rated highly in season 1, dropped down to "tolerable" in the very next season. Did the writing team just spend a weekend smoking dope and writing ideas? This season is a complete jumbled mess culminating in Keith's incest desires. Still on this junkyard train to nowhere for 2 more episodes.
Jun 11, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Bit into Keith's psychology and his relation with his adopted siste Erikar. Exploring his struggle with the incestuous feelings is kinda a weird thing they bring up now since it doesn't have much to do with the current enemies compared to Gilbert in s1 where they only briefly mentioned it.

Aug 18, 2021 11:52 PM

May 2019
Keith tripping from dehydration and then things got really weird. WTF?
As if this show wasn't all over the place already. Okay we knew Erika fell for someone else but good god.
Incestual feelings. Psychopath hallucination of his rival giving him advice. *sigh* What a waste of time.

Season one was alright but this is failing so hard.

Wait, his promise was to go to the BAKERY?

Sep 3, 2021 12:33 AM

Mar 2013
"I've finally stooped down to his level, have I?!" Was a good joke that made me laugh! 😂😏

I finally saw Keith doing his own thing in this episode, I really missed that BUT bruh, Incest? Really?! I don't really think that's how you describe that word. I think it's not incest if they're aren't blood related or if they didn't grew up together or if... Oh, who am I kidding. It's probably Incest! 😅 Though I don't dislike that confession, it made me attached to Keith's character even more. Hope Kokuu's got some romance story later with Yuna... or Izanami... 😅😁
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 17, 2021 7:50 PM

Feb 2017
I'm really struggling to find the point of this season. The first season was really good, wrapped up neatly, and so far this is very pointless. We have this big revelation about Keith, and all it does is weaken the story for me. Why did they make this?
Dec 7, 2022 2:06 AM
Oct 2022
Don't get the incest. It didn't make a lot of sense with Keith's sense of morality and intelligence. Also changed how you viewed Gilbert and Keith's tension over Gilbert killing Erika, in not such a good way in my opinion.
I had to drop the show. Second season wasn't good to begin with. First season is good but there is definitely better stuff to watch.
Dec 13, 2023 6:56 PM

Dec 2022
Asagiri suddenly and exponentially grew in power then. Wonder if that'll make a difference in what will obviously be their third fight.
MyrdurScyther said:
Don't get the incest. It didn't make a lot of sense with Keith's sense of morality and intelligence. Also changed how you viewed Gilbert and Keith's tension over Gilbert killing Erika, in not such a good way in my opinion.
I had to drop the show. Second season wasn't good to begin with. First season is good but there is definitely better stuff to watch.
What incest? Erika isn't related to Keith, and they never had sex. Incest, by definition, is sexual intercourse between two people with high genetic relation. Even if she were hypothetically his blood sister, it would have nothing to do with "Keith's sense of morality and intelligence", as there's nothing that's dissonant with his intellectual or moral character in loving someone. Keith even has the usual tropey hangups about it that you see in just about every other instance of "forbidden feelings" in fiction.

More likely is that your personal dislike of this relationship type (or even ancillary relationships with a very nebulous association with it) results in skewed, biased perceptions of it wherever it's present, but that doesn't preclude it from making sense. Not a big fan of yuri or yaoi myself, but I wouldn't say it "doesn't make sense" every time it shows up.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 6 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

46 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 17, 3:13 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 5 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

6 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 3 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

11 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 2 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

9 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:26 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 1 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

24 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.