Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think Berserk is the greatest manga of all time?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2021 4:08 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
It is my 3rd favorite Manga of all time. It is truly amazing but my TOP 2 Manga means more to me and that is why they are ahead of Berserk.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Mar 31, 2021 1:45 AM

Oct 2019
SoLiD_aSS said:
simulatedhel said:

Dude, the "the manga is better" part is just flat-out false. People don't say "the manga is better" because their hardcore fans, they say that because they have actual reasons as to why those manga are better than their anime, like seriously, just look at the One Piece anime and compare it to the manga. People don't say that the One Piece manga is better than the anime because "The manga is always better than the anime", but because the One Piece anime has REALLY slow pacing, like seriously, half of the episodes of One Piece don't even cover an entire chapter per episode at all, more like half a chapter or less per episode. And there isn't a manga out there that has a better artstyle than Berserk besides maybe Vagabond and the people that say that Berserk is bad are the true idiots here.
Why don't you just ask him why conviction was bad? You can see how well he understands the story then,
well I do agree that the 2016 and 2017 adaptations were ass not just because of the cgi but mostly in my opinion because of how shity the story was but it's also not faire to say that the manga has a terrible story writing because you've only seen the anime that really didn't give the manga any justice since it skipped and did so many things that the manga didn't do

I think you tagged the wrong person.
Mar 31, 2021 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Have too many greatest, and berserk is one of the greatest.
Mar 31, 2021 6:21 AM

Apr 2020
no but in my opinion it's my top 10 favorite anime/manga

i absolutely found the manga and the anime legendary
cupcake847Mar 31, 2021 6:29 AM
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Apr 6, 2021 11:18 AM
Apr 2021
Xsadersadd said:
cchigu said:
Hell no. Everything is brutally mediocre after the GA arc.
*Conviction arc, FTFY

This is my 1st manga. GA and Conviction arc were peak of this manga. Conviction was goddamn masterpeice. To me GA was a weaker version of GOT. MFA was good but the battles were so boring. Ganishka, femto and kushans were boring. The final battle between huge ganishka and femto was boring. And then theres fantasia. I am at chapter 320 and don't the have any desire to continue. Will it get better? With such a drop in quality, does this deserve a tremendous 9.35 score?
Apr 6, 2021 11:26 AM
Apr 2021
Mikasa said:
It used to be. But Shingeki no Kyojin has recently surpassed it as the best manga of all time.

It's tied for second place with Hunter x Hunter.

No manga spoilers please. I've always wondered why AoT's manga has such a low rating (much lower than berserk and FMA) when its anime is considered the best ever made and its story a masterpeice far more complex than fma for example. Is it because it wasnt good initialy?
Apr 6, 2021 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Mr_Anonymous1812 said:
Mikasa said:
It used to be. But Shingeki no Kyojin has recently surpassed it as the best manga of all time.

It's tied for second place with Hunter x Hunter.

No manga spoilers please. I've always wondered why AoT's manga has such a low rating (much lower than berserk and FMA) when its anime is considered the best ever made and its story a masterpeice far more complex than fma for example. Is it because it wasnt good initialy?

The anime is simply more popular and is exposed to a wider audience of people who like it.

Meanwhile the general vitriol of forum haters is constant.

It was already hit before the anime came out otherwise there would be no adaptation, and it would not be the absolute biggest debut of an anime in all of MAL's history.
End Zionazism
Apr 6, 2021 6:21 PM
Nov 2020
It’s funny, I would actually say that the crowd who thinks Berserk fell off is in a bigger echo chamber than everyone else. I’m like 99% sure people who hold this view didn’t enjoy any of Berserk but don’t want to look like an idiot for ripping the Golden Age.

I’ve read the series two and half a times, and I’m pretty sure Conviction is better (much more thematic subtlety) than the Golden Age, and Millennium Falcon is at least as good. Fantasia is literally in a build-up phase but even then, Casca’s dream sequence and the Rickert chapters are some of the best in the series.
Apr 6, 2021 6:23 PM
Nov 2020
SinOfSlothKing said:
SmashBlack said:

Dude, the "the manga is better" part is just flat-out false. People don't say "the manga is better" because their hardcore fans, they say that because they have actual reasons as to why those manga are better than their anime, like seriously, just look at the One Piece anime and compare it to the manga. People don't say that the One Piece manga is better than the anime because "The manga is always better than the anime", but because the One Piece anime has REALLY slow pacing, like seriously, half of the episodes of One Piece don't even cover an entire chapter per episode at all, more like half a chapter or less per episode. And there isn't a manga out there that has a better artstyle than Berserk besides maybe Vagabond and the people that say that Berserk is bad are the true idiots here.

Are there cases where the Manga is better? Yes, however i was not refering to those.

My point about "The Manga is Better" Sentiment is that it applies to Berserk specifically , since the only part that was adapted and ppl remember was the Golden Age arc, which happens to be the best arc in the series, and in my opinion, also happens to be the only GOOD one, since everything else is shit. Also most of the times the manga is not better, and ppl who hold that opinion are people who don't have to admit otherwise even when the reality is that both the manga and the anime are bad. The anime only makes it clearer to see, that's all the anime does in most cases, and people don't hate the anime for being bad but for making the actual quality of the work to be clear.

How many times have i heard that "its a bad adaptation", or "It was rushed" and so on, when the problem with the work in question was allmost never the presentation but the writing. Let me give you and example:

Season 3 of Seven Deadly sins. Ppl say that it was bad because of production problems and rushed adaptation and so on. Too bad i am a Manga reader and i can say that it was a blessing in disguise since it draws attention away from how it became shit at that point regardless of adaptation. I loved Nanatsu No Taizai, but the lvl of bad it became broke my heart long before the adaption of season 3.

Again, the 2016 and 2017 are blessings in disguise because it kept ppl away from observing how bad the series actually is, because they saw the cancer GCI and dropped it, and blamed the CGI and not the writing and both were equally as awful .

The point is that Berserk fans say that Berserk is that good because they don't need to ever admit otherwise, since the people who read the bad arcs are hardcore fans who don't care about quaility cus they are that LOYAL, and the people who are not hardcores only saw the 1997 version and assume that it only gets better as it goes on , instead of getting worse, which is the case.

You do realize that the 2016/2017 anime did a weird non-canon combination of the Black Swordman arc and the Conviction arc? Like it’s not just that the CGI is terrible, the story is completely different and heavily abridged. They even skipped Lost Children.
AbyssalPhantasmApr 6, 2021 6:28 PM
Apr 6, 2021 7:33 PM
Jan 2021
I think one piece is better
Apr 7, 2021 3:35 AM
Jul 2016
AbyssalPhantasm said:

You do realize that the 2016/2017 anime did a weird non-canon combination of the Black Swordman arc and the Conviction arc? Like it’s not just that the CGI is terrible, the story is completely different and heavily abridged. They even skipped Lost Children.

So what? Its not like a proper chronological adaption of the story would have made it better.

Also from the clips i saw in videos from Cvit and other channels bashing 2016 and 2017, it adapted the events i saw in the manga just fine.

I would again like to point out that that ppl disliking it for the story implies they got over the terrible terrible CGI, and watched it anyway, and we both know that almost nobody did that, much less people who did not read the manga.
Apr 7, 2021 5:05 AM
Aug 2016
Only an idiot can say that Berserk is not one of the best manga. But is it the best? Subjectively.

For me, yes.
Apr 7, 2021 9:46 AM
Nov 2020
SinOfSlothKing said:
AbyssalPhantasm said:

So what? Its not like a proper chronological adaption of the story would have made it better.

Also from the clips i saw in videos from Cvit and other channels bashing 2016 and 2017, it adapted the events i saw in the manga just fine.

I would again like to point out that that ppl disliking it for the story implies they got over the terrible terrible CGI, and watched it anyway, and we both know that almost nobody did that, much less people who did not read the manga.
As someone who actually saw the 2016/2017 anime, you have no idea what you’re talking about lmaoooooo. Characters like Isidro and Farnese aren’t supposed to be in Black-swordsman. The snake apostle isn’t in the anime and neither is the slug count. They literally skipped the lost children chapters. There’s so much content cut from the tower of conviction section it’s absurd.

If you think the 2016/2017 anime got the story right, you either haven’t actually read the manga or are knowingly lying right now. And I’ll repeat myself again, people who say Berserk fell off after the golden age are in a massive fucking echo chamber. 9 times out of 10 they literally don’t remember the fucking post golden age story when I ask them basic questions. They probably didn’t like the golden age either but don’t want to seem like a complete idiot for ripping it.
AbyssalPhantasmApr 7, 2021 9:55 AM
Apr 8, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2016
AbyssalPhantasm said:
As someone who actually saw the 2016/2017 anime, you have no idea what you’re talking about lmaoooooo. Characters like Isidro and Farnese aren’t supposed to be in Black-swordsman. The snake apostle isn’t in the anime and neither is the slug count. They literally skipped the lost children chapters. There’s so much content cut from the tower of conviction section it’s absurd.

If you think the 2016/2017 anime got the story right, you either haven’t actually read the manga or are knowingly lying right now. And I’ll repeat myself again, people who say Berserk fell off after the golden age are in a massive fucking echo chamber. 9 times out of 10 they literally don’t remember the fucking post golden age story when I ask them basic questions. They probably didn’t like the golden age either but don’t want to seem like a complete idiot for ripping it.

" you have no idea what you’re talking about lmaoooooo" I have not watched 2016 nor did i watch 2017, and i never said that, all I said is that the story being misrepresented was the least of its problems and most people could not get past the CGI to see if the story was butchered , so pretending that the butchering of the story was the problem is a blatant lie.

" people who say Berserk fell off after the golden age are in a massive fucking echo chamber" They are not, the people who read the manga are , since the only people who read the manga are pure fanboys who will eat the shit that miura pumps no matter what. Post eclipse berserk is lower in quality than Akame Ga Kill, since that one at least has some diversity in the fights......which cant be said about Berserk
Apr 8, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2020
SinOfSlothKing said:
AbyssalPhantasm said:

" you have no idea what you’re talking about lmaoooooo" I have not watched 2016 nor did i watch 2017, and i never said that, all I said is that the story being misrepresented was the least of its problems and most people could not get past the CGI to see if the story was butchered , so pretending that the butchering of the story was the problem is a blatant lie.

" people who say Berserk fell off after the golden age are in a massive fucking echo chamber" They are not, the people who read the manga are , since the only people who read the manga are pure fanboys who will eat the shit that miura pumps no matter what. Post eclipse berserk is lower in quality than Akame Ga Kill, since that one at least has some diversity in the fights......which cant be said about Berserk
Except you don't read Berserk for the fights though...

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Apr 9, 2021 6:36 AM
Jul 2016
SmashBlack said:
Except you don't read Berserk for the fights though...

1. Ow......you don't read berserk for the fights ....hmm so interesting. Its allmost like that is exactly why pre-eclipse was 100 times better than post-eclipse, because it had in it things other than fights, and characters other than gutts had plot relevance.

2. Even if you don't read it for the fights, bad secondary aspects of a series cannot be ignored(especialy when its 99% of post eclipse). You would not ignore slapstick comedy and fanservice in an otherwise serious show, would you now? Like for example ,Death Note would not be as good if it became comedic, and had a shit ton of fanservice
Apr 11, 2021 5:40 PM

Jun 2010
I certainly won't argue with anyone who says that it is the best manga of all time
Apr 12, 2021 1:00 AM
Feb 2021
I prefer Monster all day.
Apr 14, 2021 2:52 AM
Apr 2021
Berserk is the only Manga I've read so I am biased xD.
Not because I have anything against Manga or anything, but I just don't like reading.

Edit: With that said it does have problems, there's some pacing issues I have in the Golden Age Arc especially ( the entire Wyld thing ) that I think worked better in the movie trilogy.
Some changes in the Eclipse were better too imo.

And I hate Isidro as a character he reminds me a lot of Raki from Claymore ( the Anime at least ) in his annoyance and I think the story would've been way better without him.
The most recent chapter kinda illustrates that, important shit going on then like half the chapter is spent on Isidro being a pervert.

I don't mind cute content or kids in the story at all, I have no issues with Schierke or '' the cute artstyle '' in Fantasia etc.
Isidro is just simply annoying and too much imo I wish Miura would just kill him off and be done with it.

SvalrApr 14, 2021 2:58 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 102 Discussion

49 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 101 Discussion

41 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.