Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2021 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh god, and here I was saving the cute girls manga for a lighthearted last read of the day.

Absolutely fantastic, brutally heartbreaking chapter, Umika was already very nervous due to the speech she had to do, but she fell victim of one of the most terrifying enemies one has to face... and that sadly I know very well: comparing herself with another person.

For someone like Umika, Kei is basically all she would like to be: a smart girl with a vast knowledge on the subject she enjoys, perfectly capable of acting under pressure, and, most importantly for her, someone who is able to make a great speech without showing any fear. Hell, she was even improvising on the spot if needed!

Umika's despair was so well shown, those empty eyes filled with fear, the break of the 4-koma format to show that endlessly long staircase caused by her anxiety, that full page with her realizing she will never become the type of person she wishes to be (and you don't need to Umika, you are you and there is people who already love you this way!) And the next pages showing that everything did indeed go way worse than they could have expected. What was going to be a day of celebration for their hard work and their chance to show to Kei they were the best ended up with the group completely broken... and let's not forget Umika said they were going to win this in the club/association speech she was so proud of how well it went, oh god it hurts.

The color pages made it look to me like something big was gonna happen for the progress of the series, maybe even a great ending point for a possible anime adaptation (please make it happen), but I wasn't expecting it to go in that brutally negative direction, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the girls overcome this hard hit, but I'm sure that the pain this chapter gave is far from over. Poor Umika will need a lot of help to overcome the emotional breakdown she had here.
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Oh no, our crew is in shambles. They had a tough day at the competition, but it was their very first one. You can't just give up after you take your first L. Hopefully, they let the emotions run their course and regroup for another go at it. I felt the worst for Umika. That public speaking is tough for her and she keeps comparing herself to someone who clearly has a ton of experience. Just need more practice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Chapter 45 Discussion

RafaBryan - Feb 25

2 by KingYoshi »»
Mar 10, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Chapter 44 Discussion

KingYoshi - Dec 13, 2023

0 by KingYoshi »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:21 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Chapter 43 Discussion

KingYoshi - Dec 13, 2023

0 by KingYoshi »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:11 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Chapter 42 Discussion

KingYoshi - Dec 13, 2023

0 by KingYoshi »»
Dec 13, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Hoshikuzu Telepath Chapter 41 Discussion

KingYoshi - Dec 13, 2023

0 by KingYoshi »»
Dec 13, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.