Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Eris is still violent as ever when she can be.

Looks like she and Rudy arrives in a new town and the mystery thickens. Rudy had some clever thinking and courage judged by his actions. Ruijerd on the other hand take a very straightforward way of trying to solve problems. This episode was kinda tense.

Mar 14, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
It was a nice episode.

New OP, the attention to detail of the city, best girl showed again (Hitogami), eating bugs, the pure cringe moment when Rudeus announce the dead end party and Eris for the first time worried about her family. The part of the "kittens" were also nice and the PTSD of Rudeus kicked again after the beheading. He's starting to feel how the world is for real from now on.
Mar 14, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2020
New OP! As always, the excitement of entering a new world is awesome!

The hair and eye patch looks good on Rudy.

Ruijerd who doesn't forgive bad people and doesn't hesitate to take their lives
and Rudy who said that we shouldn't kill bad people.
I felt the gap between them.
KaisekiMar 14, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 14, 2021 9:08 AM

Feb 2019
New OP! Lets gooo. Love how they kept the genuine fantasy vibes of the first. Just feels like it takes you somewhere far far away.

As usual, great job by studio bind in bringing volume 3 to life. I didn’t know there were only 11 eps in this cour. They had to cut quite a bit of minor worldbuilding from this episode as a result. It jumped straight into the dead end and adventure job sharing stuff without explanations, but I think they did a decent job condensing as much as possible.

Ruijerd killing the lizard guy is also a huge deal in the book with Rudeus trying to convince him not to ever kill again because they want to change the image of the Superd..

All in all decent episode, next episode will close out this volume and the season. Can’t wait until the second cour/season.
Marinate1016Mar 14, 2021 9:26 AM
Mar 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It really has that isekai feeling now with the quest and guild, but sure it was darker and tenser at the end with Ruijerd killing that dude, Eris was great with her speech though, but this horse guy seems to be dangerous, hmmm, I'm looking forward to seeing the last episode of the 1st cour, I'm also expecting a cliffhanger for the end xD
Mar 14, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Now we finally reach to the PV scenes which have been teased from the very beginning with Eris.

The city of Rikarisu, Ruijerd's branded as a Dead End (and the whole party of 3 as so), and a brand new OP from Yuiko Oohara which still sounds fantastic...definitely a preparation for the 2nd Cour!

The Adventurer's Guild sure is a rowdy place, and the intimidation of the demons sure enough gets some attention. But Eris's behaviour...let's just say that a wild dog must be put on a leash.

The first job from the Human-God to retrieve a lost kitten, but as is things in the Demon Continent, not everything is clear-cut. But if there's anything, don't anger Ruijerd, or he'll give no mercy and damage the Superd reputation even further. More than another girl in another group (Hitogami), the resentment of killing evil people has always been a one-way street for Ruijerd, even if it takes both Rudeus and Eris to settle a huge issue with managing the green-haired giant.

Next week's the finale for the 1st half...can't wait to see the direction it'll follow.
Mar 14, 2021 9:29 AM
Sep 2020
Loved the episode. They did cut some information but they do have time constraints and it seems like they need to get through volume 3 by the end of this cour. Think they did pretty good with getting the point across though.
Mar 14, 2021 9:32 AM
May 2020
I'm loving the pacing, world building and the fact that they are addressing the realism of death and killing. Rudeus got some PTSD from that ghislaine fight.

I can tell already that the second cour is about to be crazy
Mar 14, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2020
Nice, gonna guess that the city they entered almost resembles our world's Sumer, by looking at the architecture and region (could be wrong though). Loving how much detail they put in these places.

Interesting conflict this episode. Great how violence isn't just resolving the problems they are going through. I wonder how they will wrap up the first cour.
Mar 14, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
This episode was tense, a clash of morals between Rudeus and Ruijerd straight after they arrived in the city. Eris calling out Rujierds black and white judgement of people despite himself doing bad things in the past, meanwhile Rudeus has to yet again confront the brutality of this new world he has arrived in where the morals of his past life hold little weight.

Overall another great episode, I really liked the way they made the city and didn't depict the demon race as some barbarians. I loved that they had their own distinct culture and the architecture of the city was fantastic. 10/10 episode
Space_RockyMar 14, 2021 12:03 PM
Mar 14, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2019
Damn, Eris is so adorable but so aggressive. Eww.. those larvas. Bleh
Also, Ruijerd has a scary nickname. The new OP is so good.
What a grand entrance. LOL. Rudy is looking quite good with that outfit and that hairstyle suits him. Those guys seriously don't realize who they are messing with. But, Ruijerd is quite intimidating. Guilds and quests have been introduced and they're ready to roll with it. Rudy really got PTSD.
Last episode next week. Looking forward to how they're gonna conclude this. Anyways, a nice episode as usual.
Mar 14, 2021 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
Desert village really reminds me of the Desert Kingdom from Nier, its great, right down to the demon god language being the primary speech akin to the gibberish of the Desert kingdom people.

Also, Total Recall Demoness was great, too.
Mar 14, 2021 9:39 AM

Jul 2020
New op is nice, liking how their using long exposition shots in the op rather than a coordinated music video so less time is wasted! Episode was quite good on the whole
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 14, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
With one episode left before the break this is more or less where I left the manga on pause. I remembered the obnoxious horse guy but not the drama behind the killing. Looking forward to watching the rest more or less blind.

EDIT: Looking at my manga list and double checking I apparently actually have read a bit further than this, but completely forgot everything that happens. Eh, close enough. XD
animefan8800Mar 14, 2021 9:48 AM
Mar 14, 2021 9:45 AM

May 2015
It's amazing to see the start of Dead End animated. I got really hooked in the story and binged the WN so I know what happens from now on, but it was still a great episode this week too

This is the true start of the long journey back home for Rudeus, Eris and Ruijerd
Mar 14, 2021 9:47 AM
Oct 2016
Making their way to the first town. Money would be a serious problem after being stranded in an unfamiliar land. Getting a good paying job is getting on the right track, some smart thinking by Rudy. Joining the adventure guild is the first step towards not only making some money but hopefully making the Superd name have a better reputation. Not that Ruijerd is helping on that front with his attitude for killing first and not thinking about it one bit. He had the right idea I suppose since they asshat kicked Rudy while he was trying to talk but just straight up killing the guy wasn't the best course of action. Rudy with his quick thinking to salvage the situation and get the remaining two pet thieves working with them. Having them up their rank then swap jobs so Rudy, Eris and Ruijerd get the good money. Ruijerd will take a learning curve to adjust to Rudy rules for their party but things are moving in a positive direction.
Mar 14, 2021 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
damn lets see how Rudy will get money and save the reputation of the Superds
Mar 14, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
This episode went from fun to feck! real fast..
I had chills when Ruijerd took his head off.. this throws us back to the fact that this is indeed a harsh world.. we just haven't been introduced to it..
also.. the art felt a bit downgraded to me... for characters only otherwise the Backgrounds were GORGEOUS!
Mar 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Mar 2019
Can't say I like this new opening more than the first one but it's still good and they didn't change one thing: In the first opening they kind of went on with the episode while the music was playing in the background. Glad they kept it, feels unique and interesting. You could say it helps with the immersion.

Now for this episode, it was a good one, but damn, didn't really like the drama that happened here, it was a little bit too much. I hope nothing bad is going to happen between those 2 and Ruijerd. That "God" is also funny, I enjoy his moments. Happy to see they didn't change the ending, it's still amazing.
Alex_TheForestMar 14, 2021 10:00 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 14, 2021 9:56 AM
Jan 2021
I think this anime is the first isekai that uses another language other than japanese in a European setting
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Mar 14, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2019
I like how this show just plays the OP along with the main scenes. It saves time and we get more scenes.
Mar 14, 2021 9:58 AM

Oct 2018
This episode felt like it lasted for just 5 minutes. I feel cheated.

Mar 14, 2021 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
The short Eris action scene at the begining was lit af. They finally reached the city and thnx to Rudy's disguise plan Ruijerd can go around the city without getting in trouble. They even started a party with the three of them, looking forward to the day they achieve great things.

Lol a demon woman with three oppais eh, dunno what to say about that. Also I love how Eris got mad cause the first gift Rudy ever gave to her was torn.

Things got a bit dark in the second half but it calmed down for now. Looking forward to see Ruijerd's character development, I already like him but I think he'll become even greater later on. Also I loved everything Eris said about Rudy, she's a sweety.
Mar 14, 2021 9:59 AM

Jan 2021
some good world-building this episode, only feels slightly rushed but they're doing well trying to fit 3 volumes into 11 episodes.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 14, 2021 10:00 AM

Sep 2019
This episode went by so fast, the transition from fun stuff to dark tone was smooth af too.

Jan 2014
Damn Eris in this episode lol. She's really gotten used to all this.

Honestly wish this wasn't ending next week, and that season two was the week after that, cause really enjoying the direction that it's going in.
Jun 2020
Another great episode! Eris got a lot of character development and Rudy's PTSD moment was really scary especially Ruijerd.

They also kept the Demon god language as well! Also a new OP!

I'm honestly amazed on how they put Rikarisu to life! Also the the 2 boys and especially Kurt looked a lot prettier than I thought so while reading the novel! Also Nokopara is being sleezy af as well as Hitogami.
Mar 14, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

It's always nice seeing Eris get excited. Makes me smile too. The entrance at the Adventurer's guild was amusing and over the top.

I like how they showcased Ruijerd's strong ideals and view in that encounter with the small time kidnappers. He refuses to deal with shady people and feels no remorse for killing anyone he deems 'evil'. Can't say I dislike his idealistic view of wanting to raise the Superd's reputation by doing things the right way but perhaps at this point it may be too tarnished that we need to cut the beaten path and try something a little more manipulative like Rudy is. Definitely interested to see how this will all play out.

Last episode next week huh? Can't wait for the next cour.
Mar 14, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
The action part with Eris was great. She easily dispatched those monsters. She really enjoying her adventure. And the way she beat the hell out of those little adventurers... got to feel sorry for them.

Hitogami appears again with some advice.

A bit of conflict between Ruijerd and Rudeus in the second half with Ruijerd killing that kidnapper.

The horse guy Nokopara looks different for his novel illustration. He looks ugly in the anime.

Mar 14, 2021 10:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Actually so immersive when they use a made up language and commit to it all the way.

Loved this episode, Rujierd will be a very interesting character to follow, i hope he grows with Rudeus and Eris.
Mar 14, 2021 10:13 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
We're almost at the end of the season, and our MCs have finally joined a guild (as per usual in Isekai series).

On a different note, Ruijerd is a straight up savage. Homie decapitated that bug-man with 0 second thoughts.

Oct 2020
Eris in the cat costume was so cute! Another great world-building episode as always. We encounter problems with Ruijerd as he kills someone in the cave. I find his personality interesting. He has the mindset to kill someone when he believes they are evil. Can't wait for the last episode next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2018
Damn this episode was intense, never thought this anime goes from SoL into dark stuff at a brink of one episode.

The whole demon continent thing are interesting, sadly no further explanation yet kinda look like Author forced a new worldbuilding and story out of nowhere, but looking at Mushoku Tensei I hope it wouldn't.
Mar 14, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode. Showing how to speedrun adventuring by trading jobs.
Mar 14, 2021 10:16 AM

Oct 2014
Winter_Fox said:
Damn this episode was intense, never thought this anime goes from SoL into dark stuff at a brink of one episode.

The whole demon continent thing are interesting, sadly no further explanation yet kinda look like Author forced a new worldbuilding and story out of nowhere, but looking at Mushoku Tensei I hope it wouldn't.

Demon Continent was brough up in some earlier episodes, so I'm not sure how it was "forced"
Mar 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this was an excellent development episode for all three of our Heros!
First: Rudy trying to clear the Superd race by spreading the word that 'Dead End" are actually very good. I actually like that idea!

Second Eris: She has come a long way and I love Eris now. I love how much she cherishes Rudy but also I love how while acting tough and free spirited during the day she still was able to confide with Rudy at night about being upset as to whether or not they will get home.

Also to think about the safety of Ghislaine and her Grandfather was super sweet.

Third Ruijerd: I think he had a dose of Reality when Eris said "You did bad things as well" Though at first I thought it was Eris who decapitated that dude I was not shocked that it was Ruijerd. He does need to know his limitations as to what is evil and what is not. I think this was a step in the right direction.

Very well done episode!

Edit: Oh and Rudy's face when looking at the Demon with 3 Perfect tits...yeah I think we'd all have that same face LMAO
SoraSenpaiMar 14, 2021 10:31 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2021
AsuraDestructor said:
Winter_Fox said:

Demon Continent was brough up in some earlier episodes, so I'm not sure how it was "forced"

He probably meant the Teleportation, which is indeed abrupt and unexplained as of now, but talking about that would be a massive spoiler.
Mar 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Dec 2016
Man we are already at episode 10. I'm going to miss seeing this show for a while and all the threads that come from it. From good to funny.
Mar 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Rudy is still dealing with the PTSD that was brought on by Ghislaine decapitating that guy. No wonder his views regarding killing are the complete opposite of Ruijerd's. However, that clash in their beliefs was interesting to watch.

It sucks that there's only one episode left, I would have really liked to spend more than just the final couple episodes seeing these 3 go on adventures. At least we already know another cour is on the way though.
thebrentinator24Mar 14, 2021 10:29 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 14, 2021 10:27 AM
Nov 2018
This episode felt really short....
Mar 14, 2021 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
AsuraDestructor said:
Winter_Fox said:

The settings feel totally new, huge, and got its own atmosphere, kinda look like totally different anime from before. Like it seems author want to create an arc in the middle of another arc, thats why I kinda call it forced, not in a bad way because i don't know it will be explained in the next episode. (Maybe strange is more of a proper word rather than forced).
Mar 14, 2021 10:36 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, they skipped so many things in this episode...

- Ruijerd didn't want to let Rudy and Eris fight at all at first, because they were just "children" for him and not "warriors"
- They skipped the Stone Treant fight (The very first time Ruijerd allowed them to fight alongside him) and the whole camping practice with him
- They completely ommited all the explanation of money, history and of all the various monsters there (For example the wolf at the beggining Eris was fight with - the fight was really shortened, btw - was "Pax Coyote" => They later skinned them, because their pelts are very valuable)
- They didn't really explain the city of Rikarisu at all => It's one of the 3 largest settlements on the Demon Continent and in the past it was Kishirika's (the malnourished loli from episode 8) home base. The castle in the center was hers
- The guards didn't let them into the city that easily in the LN and Ruijerd had to wear a helmet to get in (The whole scene should have been way funnier and better)
- The whole deal with Ruijerd being "fake" Dead End was way more elaborated in the LN
- The reason Rudy spent precious money on Eris was because her red hair was very eye-catching and he needed people to focus on Ruijerd and not on her
- Everything regarding the guild and party-system and the way it works and whatever was mostly deleted (There's just too many things and you probably don't care anyway)
- Everything from their first job was 99% ommited
Mar 14, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was outsourced, so it was pretty limited overall besides the first scene with eris which was actually reused from the pre made pv (the backgrounds were amazing as usual tho). Besides that, it was a great episode, ruijerd really is one of my favourite characters from the original material and he continues to be in the anime, he almost says no words, but you can really see what he feels at every given moment. It has been sometime i have read the LN so when the rudeus and eris scene happened i honestly thought it was once again a perverted scene ahahah Very glad i was wrong, it was honestly a pretty good part of the episode. I do wonder how they will do next episode, it should be pretty good overall, and its also the finale, so im pretty hyped.
Mar 14, 2021 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Winter_Fox said:
AsuraDestructor said:

The settings feel totally new, huge, and got its own atmosphere, kinda look like totally different anime from before. Like it seems author want to create an arc in the middle of another arc, thats why I kinda call it forced, not in a bad way because i don't know it will be explained in the next episode. (Maybe strange is more of a proper word rather than forced).
Of course it feels that way, when the anime skips 99% of the world-building. It's been like that since the 2nd episode. There's absolutely everything meticulously described and developed in the LN... This is just sad.
Mar 14, 2021 10:42 AM

Sep 2016
Winter_Fox said:

Rudeus and Eris basically got teleported to the other side of the world, so they're gonna have to travel through entire continents in order to get back home. Of course they're gonna visit several countries in the process, each with its own atmosphere. :)
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 14, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
Eris looks so cute in her new clothes (´ ω `♡)
The creepy god appears again xd
Ruijerd doesn't hesitate to kill if he thinks someone is evil, that surprised me a bit
Nice episode, waiting for the next week
Mar 14, 2021 10:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah yes the good old do not kill rule. Didn’t know rudeus held to morals that much, but I feel like that’s gonna bite him back later on. Superd dude is cool though for holding fast to his ideals no matter what, rather than easily be swayed. Good character. So one episode left, I feel like this cour is going to drop us off at an awkward spot

I like how it teases you through world building though, just showing us shots of the city they’re entering, and then they show you this thing in the middle. Don’t know about you but I wanna know what that is

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 14, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 2020
Adventurer's life. Pretty tough huh. Starting from the bottom is tough but the only other direction to take is to climb up. Seems like Rudeus already set his plan in motion in order to climb the adventure ranks.
Mar 14, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2016
BetaMaleUltra said:

I like how it teases you through world building though, just showing us shots of the city they’re entering, and then they show you this thing in the middle. Don’t know about you but I wanna know what that is
As it 100% won't be explained (it should have been in this episode), it's
Mar 14, 2021 10:59 AM

Aug 2020
Eris is as Violent as always and Ruijerd was silent in most of the episode.
I just dont like the idea of Rudy being a Chuuby middle aged otaku. Cuz the personality is completely different except the pervertedness.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

18 by BasedNono »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

466 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 23, 9:08 AM

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

45 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 23, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2021

380 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 22, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.