Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 2, 2021 5:26 PM

Dec 2016
Is anyone else not receiving mail notifications about shows starting?
This one was included as well
Apr 3, 2021 2:30 AM
May 2019
eXtripa69 said:

This episode was a preairing. Technically, Season 3 doesn't officially start until Monday, so that is likely why you haven't gotten a notification yet.
Apr 3, 2021 2:00 PM

Mar 2021
Damn that was so good
All the stars in the sky await you!
Apr 5, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The Final season of Fruits Basket: the TRUE ending against the 2001 anime-original ending, visiting for the first time on the small screen after 2 decades.

Well, what a shock of Tohru learning from Kureno that the now-revealed female Akito is yet another victim in the Soma Zodiac race against her own mom, Madam Ren, so much so that she has to confide in Hatori. Everyone of the Soma Family has scars, and these scars cut deeper now that we're into the final stretch of Fruits Basket.

Saki being able to emphatize with Tohru, but as is with the Soma Family, the more she dabbles with the Soma interpersonal family crux, the deeper her heart will hurt. Thank God for both Saki and Arisa that stood by Tohru's side for a long time.

The emotions return strong, and we'll eventually see the true ending in time to come.
Apr 5, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2016
Bring on the heartache. We're back with the final season of Fruba! Getting right into where things left off at the end of season two with Kureno spilling the beans to Tohru about Akito being a she. The whole painful situation involving Akito and her mother Ren. How that the reason Akito is the way she is comes from her horrible upbringing with her mother constantly putting Akito down. Saying how the connection that Akito thrives off is completely fake and a fantasy. Which isn't wrong really its just emotionally shattering when Akito father Akira told her she's a god whom everyone waited to arrive. Seeing the flashback that Kureno describes to Tohru about how he, Shigure, Hatori and Ayame all woke up crying the morning after Akito was conceived. Going up to Ren saying they'd waited for her, meaning Akito, to arrive. So to be told something from birth then have that same thing be said is false would be world shattering and make anyone decently unstable. Ren is probably the only one whom can match Akito for her instability. Kureno telling Tohru that he can't leave Akito when she's crying because he cares for her so much even without the curse forcing him to. Tohru thankfully being saved by Hanajima in her crumbled state after Kureno left. I'm glad that Hanajima and Uotani had that sleepover to sooth Tohru, realizing she has to move forward to try and make the situation better.
Apr 5, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2015
Oh man... both the opening and ending got me... I definitely teared up a bit watching them. They were both beautiful, and I loved Takaya’s drawings in the ending.

I had already cried a bit with the premiere episode a few weeks ago, so the episode itself didn’t get me again, but it was still amazing!
Apr 5, 2021 11:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok, this is totally going the right away following the manga unlike the 2001 version.

I don't care what Akito's mom did to her and how much sympathy the story tries to drum up for her. Her cruelty and brutality towards her family are unforgivable in my view.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2021 11:41 AM

Feb 2020
so glad to see this series agaain :DD

i love the op so much!! love the visuals and the ed's visuals too are nice

nice to see my tohru x kyo moments again

i missed kyo so much haha
Apr 5, 2021 11:41 AM

Nov 2014
roppuri said:
Furuba is back, welcome back!

I really don't care about Akito & her mother, i don't even symphatize with them at all, just a bunch of horrible people... when they actually pay for what they do?
Karma will come to them, sooner or later. All I was thinking in that moment was just "Jesus, this whole family are screwed up" except the late father of Akito.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2021 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
TheOneOfSeven said:
roppuri said:
Furuba is back, welcome back!

I really don't care about Akito & her mother, i don't even symphatize with them at all, just a bunch of horrible people... when they actually pay for what they do?
Karma will come to them, sooner or later. All I was thinking in that moment was just "Jesus, this whole family are screwed up" except the late father of Akito.

I don’t know... I have thoughts on Akira, but I’ll save those for after the rest of Akito’s past is out.
Apr 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
shit the visuals on the OP and ED are fantastic lul. I like how the OP shows all (most) the pairings/ships while the ED shows a future where they get together (though is the one beside Hatori his ex or someone else?)

as for the episode itself though, damn straight away with the drama. So it turns out behind every evil mastermind there's an even eviler twat, Akito's mother clearly seems to be the cause behind the deranged Akito

but doesn't that whole commitment the 4 of them have to never leave Akito's side end up making Akito the ultimate ship destroyer :P
Apr 5, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
The OP was visually impressive, I loved that! Glad that Fruits Basket is back!!

So the reveal of Akito being Female, where it ended last season, continued straight from there and right after we got the introduction of Akito's mother. That backstory of Akito is interesting, it explains why she is so rude and aggressive towards others, but still not enough reason for me to forgive what she has done up to now. It was quite the eye opener though.

A really emotional episode from the get go and I love the moment in Saki's household. They are truly best friends. A really powerful moment and hug from Arisa.
Apr 5, 2021 12:32 PM

Dec 2009
That was beautifully done. I'm in tears. Missed this show so much, right in the feels!
Apr 5, 2021 12:32 PM
Aug 2020
Kicking off the final season of Fruits Basket with a very emotional episode.

As much as I hate Akito, I can't help but feel a little bad for her in this episode.
Apr 5, 2021 12:35 PM
May 2017
Poor Akito...

JK she's still a b*tch
Apr 5, 2021 1:00 PM

Mar 2018
First episode and it already goes this hard, lots of new information for Tohru to process.

Final scene with the gang together was pretty nice, Kyou being Kyou.
Apr 5, 2021 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
Hm, I like the OP's song but not the visuals. I like when everything is drawn, not this real world photos with drawn characters in the middle. Also, they didn't include Ritsu and included Kagura really shortly. Yay for grown up Momiji though.

About the ED, the song's nothing special, but the mangaka's drawings are cute, but too spoilerish. This should have been the 2nd ED.

There are some sentences with weird wording, but nothing wrongly translated yet. But I'm sure there will be again, like there was before.

Looks like next episode will be chapters 100-101. I wonder when they will show the skipped chapters 90-93...
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 5, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2017
I feel this should be watched right after the last episode to get the full emotional impact.
So, if anyone here didn't see it yet, go (re)watch S2EP25 first.

Now, with that out of the way...

Mama Soma seems good. Like her already.
Akito is still just abusive piece of s$!7 for me.
I just realized how much i missed Arisa...

The OP was sick !
RainyShadowApr 5, 2021 2:01 PM
Apr 5, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
this show gets to me so much???? i didn't even think the happenings in this episode were that impactful but look at me tearing up anyway in the scene where hana was talking to tohru. i honestly love furuba so much it's a bit irrational lol
Apr 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
Kisa1208 said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

I don’t know... I have thoughts on Akira, but I’ll save those for after the rest of Akito’s past is out.
Can't blame ya for being suspicious over Akira, however, from what I could see, he seemed to very gentle and soft-spoken. The issue lays within Ren who seemed to be obsessed over Akira even after his death.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2014
this was a really great start. i have a feeling this season's gonna be the best out of the previous ones.
Apr 5, 2021 3:34 PM

Mar 2021
Amazing first episode and they somehow made my feel bad for Akito lmfao. Not the biggest fan of the OP but maybe it will grow on me
Apr 5, 2021 4:04 PM
Aug 2019
are we gonna see more about akito this season? I absolutely can not love her and I don't think I will. and what kind of relationship does she have with Kureno?
Apr 5, 2021 4:11 PM
Jan 2016
How many episodes will the anime have?
Apr 5, 2021 4:55 PM

Dec 2016
Akito is so unstable, but I guess that's nothing new :/ but god, what a shock trying to kill your own mother o_o; Your mother is mean, you say? You're the mean one, Akito -_-; I need to know why they hate each other so much, though...

The ED is gold! It's a wonderful idea using the characters looking like in the original manga <3 I wonder who's the baby Kisa is holding :3 So cute!
Also, great start!
PurpleGirl203Apr 5, 2021 4:58 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 5, 2021 5:10 PM

Dec 2018
PurpleGirl203 said:
Akito is so unstable, but I guess that's nothing new :/ but god, what a shock trying to kill your own mother o_o; Your mother is mean, you say? You're the mean one, Akito -_-; I need to know why they hate each other so much, though...

The ED is gold! It's a wonderful idea using the characters looking like in the original manga <3 I wonder who's the baby Kisa is holding :3 So cute!
Also, great start!

It's Hiro's sister, someone says that his mother is pregnant in the 2nd Season.
Apr 5, 2021 5:20 PM

Nov 2011
I still hate Akito but Akito's mother is also a crazy bitch.

Saki was the MVP in this episode. She goes and helps Tooru but also tells Tooru that Kureno and her have a lot in common in which they put others feelings before their own. Saki seriously was so good in this episode.

I kinda wish they did a quick recap because I felt like I forgot something especially between Tooru and Arisa but I guess not.

I thought the ending was amazing. I liked how they used Pictures from the Manga.

Should be a great season!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2021 5:26 PM
Sep 2017
First ep already has me both giggling and in tears. All aboard for this season’s emotional roller coaster!!
Apr 5, 2021 7:16 PM

Dec 2016
Marcos_Aspira said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

Also, great start!

It's Hiro's sister, someone says that his mother is pregnant in the 2nd Season.

Oh yeah, it slipped my mind it could be Hiro's little sister ^^; Thanks for reminding me :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 5, 2021 8:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I didn’t check out the mal threads for the first two seasons, but since I’ve started doing it recently with seasonal shows, here I am for the final season. Can’t believe another year has gone by since season 2 began, but here we are, and picking up directly where we left off too. I loved the sleepover, the friendship between Tooru, Uotani and Saki is too great, really sweet stuff. OP and ED were nice as well, really good first episode.
Apr 5, 2021 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not ready!! T_T
I'm so happy but so sad at the same time! I can't believe we are at the final season already!
What a beautiful episode <3
Apr 5, 2021 8:19 PM

Dec 2020
Am I the only one completely bewildered by the Kureno/Arisa relationship? He's almost 30 and she's in high school. If Arisa had been my friend in high school, I would've staged an intervention not stalked the guy to his house. Also, they've only met twice. I just can't.
Apr 5, 2021 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again. No amount of sad back story for Akito will ever redeem him/her/it.
Apr 5, 2021 10:42 PM

Nov 2008
Hanajima's so cool. xD her little bro is also great.

Awwww Kyou-kun saved his girlfriend's scarf :3

@Leo

It's a bit late sating this but, is there anyone in the Soma family that doesn't have a shitty relationship with each other?

Not a lot...xD but yes, Hiro's parents love him a lot (esp his mom who loves sheep) and Kisa's parents really love her too.

Kagura's parents also care for her.

Hatsuharu's...I'm not sure...they don't talk about them much.

@ryokoblue

Arisa is also almost an adult (17), Kureno is 26 and girls crushing on older guys is really common in shoujo manga. I mean REALLY common. One of the main characters in Marmalade Boy ends up marrying her teacher (which I didn't like) but I support ArisaxKureno. They can legally date in one year and no, I don't call this "child-grooming" like SJW tumblerinas are infamous for it....>_>
ChiibiApr 5, 2021 10:55 PM

Apr 5, 2021 11:03 PM

Feb 2018
I'm going to be a little bummed if that's just the end of Arisa and Kureno's story. Her (and probably Hana) are probably my favorite of the series' female characters.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 6, 2021 12:33 AM

Jan 2021
yall im wearing glasses and it's blurry because i'm crying during this episode like crazy. can't believe it's the final season
Apr 6, 2021 12:52 AM
Apr 2020
Bruh this is only on it's first episode but it's already freakin good and heavy!

Glad that the the animation is the same. I already liked the new OP of this. Really like the slideshow style but unique animation and also the voice of the singer. We already had a dramatic character relationships on the start. After thatt Akito's continued backstory to herself and her mother, I'm more curious about him. And Tohru blaming herself was really painful to watch

A bunch of drama shits already, count me in! Now I'm really hyped on to the nexf one and to the rest of the series :)
Apr 6, 2021 2:04 AM
Mar 2018
I am not ready this emotional roller coaster of a final season.

The first episode starting off strong, glad to see the finale begin!

Apr 6, 2021 2:12 AM

Jul 2020
The opening sequence is very nice.
I can't like Akito even tho I know she suffered so much, she still is such an awful person
Apr 6, 2021 2:44 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my oh my oh my!! How much i've missed it! How long have i been waitiiing!! It is here! With an amazing OP that warms the heart (can't help but be a bit disappointed in the ED)
Awesome feelings! Amazing flags! Perfect tohru/kyou moment at closure!! Even when i'm a manga reader i can't help but cry all over again!!!
Apr 6, 2021 4:02 AM

Dec 2017
I dont care what Akito went through. She is still the biggest bitch here...

Kureno and Tohru is really similar and this ep helped me to notice it...

Lastly in ED Kureno was holding Arisa so I'm guessing they will be together at some point :) I cant wait!
Apr 6, 2021 5:35 AM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode! The opening is superb with the "first person" views!

The confrontation between Akito and his mother Ren is violent! On the other hand, poor Tōru who is upset!
Apr 6, 2021 5:44 AM

Feb 2014
You can tell the final season of Fruits Basket will be an emotional and dramatic one going by how this episode played out. The whole confrontation between Aktio and her mother, Ren, was violent, both physically and also from the venomous words both spat out at each other.

Hanajima gets the MVP for me as she helped Tohru in her time of need after all the revelations Kureno told her earlier. Not only that, but also invited Uotani along and thus made for a heartwarming scene, even with Megumi's monotonous jokes making me laugh as well. =P

The OP was pretty chill and had a good beat to it and I do like how the production team implemented the character with real-life backgrounds and settings as well. It doesn't always work well, but here, it works nicely.

Not to forget, the ED was also good, but it was accompanied with the manga version of the characters all coloured in, which was a visual treat.

I do look forward to seeing how the anime adapts the rest of the manga. ^_^
Apr 6, 2021 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
Yay Fruits Basket is here with its final season~~
The episode was amazing and a bit emotional. The opening and ending visuals and the songs were so pretty^^
Apr 6, 2021 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
Watched the first two seasons not that long ago, the animation quality on the op is amazing - if only the anime looked like that -, but the episode's animation seems better than the first two seasons.
Apr 6, 2021 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah we're back again where we left. All those bittersweet memories are flowing back again. I really missed Tohru's smile and voice. Nobody is ever as sweet and caring as her. And the people around her cherish her for that too. Also the new OP and ED pretty much showed us what's about to come. OOH can't wait for it to happen soon, especially the ED visuals showed us what the endgame would be. All those pairings with overflowing happiness.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 6, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
eXtripa69 said:

I didn't get a notification for this show, but I got from 4 out of 6 that were released so far, the other one being Boku no Hero.
Apr 6, 2021 7:42 AM
Dec 2019
Usa1288 said:
I just have a question for the people who have watched the first episode. Is there a Kyo and Thoru scene in this episode?

just a short one in the end
Apr 6, 2021 7:47 AM

Dec 2015
I forgot what an emotional rollercoaster furuba is. How the hell do you go from such a heavy part to something that wholesome and pull it off that well?

For some reason I spoiled myself before the second season so I kinda knew about Akito being a girl/Ren's vileness already but to see it animated is... yikes! The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree it seems, and we've only had but a snippet of it by now!

Saki is totally right about Tohru, she does tend to put others before her too much. As we've seen in the second season she does have her own demons which will hopefully be dealt with when the series has ended, but so far she hasn't even made an attempt at it yet. I really hope that Saki's words make her think about it.
Apr 6, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2020
Love Furuba and missed it. I'm so excited for this season because I haven't read most of the manga.

Maybe unpopular (?) opinion, but I've never really hated Akito even though she is a shithead. Didn't expect the twist with her being a girl as well. I thought Kureno was super gay in the last episode of the second season xD

Didn't know Akito's VA voices Annerose, Ciel, Shinobu, and Major Kusanagi as well!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Today, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

316 by PokefanPT »»
Apr 1, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.