Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2021 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dai with that timely save. Those dinosaur monsters didn't look happy this episode.

It looks like Dai discovered something important beneath the surface. Got classic Dragon Quest vibes from this similar to the video games.
Mar 12, 2021 5:05 PM

Nov 2020
Awesome episode!

-Hyunckel-Mar 12, 2021 6:21 PM
Mar 12, 2021 5:12 PM

Sep 2018
My boy has grown a lot. Out of many badass attacks in this series, Betan is one of the coolest imo xD
Mar 12, 2021 6:33 PM

Dec 2020
I see Complains about CG scenes incoming again...

Was a cool episode. they put the scene with Hyunckel earlier, surely in order to have more time for the next episode.

I can't wait, next episode will be fire ! (sorry : next episode will be mera !)

Le-ConteurMar 12, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 12, 2021 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
Such a good animation in Dai's fight. They intercalated CG and drawn frames in a very charming way.
Mar 12, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
What an episode. Sometimes great power drives fear in human beings. Not only that a Dragon Knight is something that reminds me too much of the classic games. I mean if you think about it. Heroes are really meant to be super strong after training and fighting for a while. Anyways. Dai finds another person that is like him. Things are about to get a little hectic now. Dang man.
Mar 12, 2021 6:42 PM
Oct 2016
We got both some action and lore this episode. Amazing action scene at the start with Dai facing those dragons. He went off!! His crest showing up again letting Dai unless those crazy strong attacks. Slinging the dragons around as if it was nothing. Delivering the final blow with that weapon we saw last episode the selfish guy took. Loved how the animation went to CG when Dai started zooming around the sky, this show has done that before in the big battles and it looks to be getting better each time. Dai looked crisp going after the dragons. Afterwards our heroes going to that kingdom, loosely used term apparently, to the North where Dai learning some information about what being a dragon knight means. It makes me sad seeing Dai get worked up over the reactions he got from those ungrateful people in the city he just saved. Pushing away both Popp and Leona who still very much care about him. Baran showing up really shakes things up, looks like he wants Dai to join the dark army.
Mar 12, 2021 7:19 PM
Feb 2021
DragonKnight92 said:
My boy has grown a lot. Out of many badass attacks in this series, Betan is one of the coolest imo xD

The English name of the spell was almost enough to ruin the coolness of the scene though. I just about died when I saw the "Doink!" XD
Mar 12, 2021 7:22 PM

Feb 2019
Damn what an episode. I think this situation is great for Dai’s development. Up until now he has had a naive view of the world. Doing good things and then being feared for it will teach him that the world isn’t black and white.

I’m really curious about Baran and Dai’s connection though. How can there be two dragon knights at once? Even the crystal was confused. Could be some inter dimensional type stuff going on, looking forward to finding out more.
Mar 12, 2021 7:36 PM

Sep 2018
Jeloren said:

The English name of the spell was almost enough to ruin the coolness of the scene though. I just about died when I saw the "Doink!" XD

As I said many times before, Dai's english spells' names were insults to all manga fans lol.
Mar 12, 2021 7:43 PM

Dec 2020
great episode

and finally i got my answer
Mar 12, 2021 7:56 PM

Oct 2017
Dai vs dragon fight was great, he fought like a brave warrior. Thou it's dumb to feel this insecure over some humans treating him like a scary monster. It's as if Dai forgot every other people who treated him so well till now. I dun like this development, this was meh.
Mar 12, 2021 8:09 PM

Sep 2018
MegamiRem said:
Dai vs dragon fight was great, he fought like a brave warrior. Thou it's dumb to feel this insecure over some humans treating him like a scary monster. It's as if Dai forgot every other people who treated him so well till now. I dun like this development, this was meh.

Nah they treated him well because he was a "human" like them, same race back then (he thought so). But this time he's just realized he's not a human. It's understandable for him to feel insecure after receiving bad reactions from those coward, filthy ningen. He's still a boy (a 12 years old kid) XD.

DragonKnight92Mar 12, 2021 8:40 PM
Mar 12, 2021 8:27 PM

Dec 2020
MegamiRem said:

I understand Dai reaction well.

He doesn't know who he is. he has been raised by monsters all his life. it's only about 2 weeks or so since he encountered humans who look like him.
Don't forget that he has been deceived by false heroes in first episode.
It's normal he has doubt about humans (in this episode almost all the humans were selfish / coward etc.)

He believed he was from human tribe and killvearn told him he's a monster.
All of this changed his point of view.

the most important concern is Leona an Popp. Dai is scared to be rejected by his love/friend.
we had a moving moment with Popp crying about Dai lack of trust to him.

Dai is very smart, he's only 12 years old and he already knows that differences can lead to reject (maybe because he's the most human character of this show with Crocodine of course !)
Le-ConteurMar 12, 2021 8:34 PM
Mar 12, 2021 11:09 PM

Sep 2020
Should have put some good boss battle music for Baran entrance. Next week ep will be fire!

Baran is probably my 2nd fav character after Hyunckel

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 12, 2021 11:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Dai's fight against was really good, too bad that the villagers were afraid of him but the most interesting part is definitely the explanations about his origins and the Dragon Knight thing, even though the crystal in the temple didn't really explain it in details because of Baran at the end, I expect him to explain it to Dai anyway in the next episode, I can't wait
Mar 13, 2021 12:00 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't mind the cg before but they overused it in this fight, it wasn't good in my opinion. The second half of this episode was pretty good though. It's nice to see 2 Dragon Warriors together.
Mar 13, 2021 12:40 AM
Sep 2015
At first I thought Baran is Dai's father, but it'd be too easy.

How about Baran is adult Dai from the future who come to the past.
Mar 13, 2021 12:56 AM

May 2012
Only 2 episodes more and then we will see new material that was never adapted in original anime. We already have the title of episode 26

I can't wait !!!!

I hope they don't use CG. Don't like it. I don't have problem if they use it for normal enemies, but for major fights I hope they avoid using CG
Mar 13, 2021 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
i do not mind if the whole anime is 3DCG if it looks great like that

awesome action in this episode

Dragon Knights are feared by humans because well they are not human and got scary power

Dragon Knights are created by the 3 Gods (Dragon God, Demon God and Human God)

its impossible to have 2 Dragon Knights in a generation eh so that means Baran and Dai are father and son
Mar 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Feb 2017
This might be the best episode so far in my opinion.
The fight in the first half was epic as fuck. Showed really well how terrifying and strong Dai actually is. I am sad people are afraid of him.
The second half had really interesting plot developments. I didn't expect for show to dive into Dai's origins this soon but I am all for it. The stuff set up for future episode looks amazing too. The preview for the next week is already hype.
Mar 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2018
I just can't get over how cool Baran's design is.
Mar 13, 2021 2:53 AM

Sep 2018
These are still the weakest parts of this Destiny Arc. After the turning point, the epicness is unbelievable, the emotion is outstanding, the development is insane!!! I also hope they will not use CGIs any more. Yeah they save a lot of money for Toei and CGIs in this remake are not bad but I still don't like them at all, they feel cheap for me bruh. Always feel sad for Dai, damn those FILTHY NINGEN!!!
Mar 13, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2020
We got some pretty noice eye candy from Dai this episode.
I have been waiting for some awesome Dai ultra instinct.

But I hope Dai gets his act together, because he is losing it a bit. Hopefully Popp and Leona will help him out, either that or maybe he will find his answer in the upcoming fight
And from the looks of it, it's going to be intense! ^^

Mar 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't mind the CGI it looked decent.. but i know for sure Toei saving that budget for:

I love this episode & how Matoriv predicted dai's conflict in the last one.
Mar 13, 2021 5:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, once again, the dragon crest saved the day! I see that Dai got a human, even a kid, rejection at those peaceful country. But, man, it must be so hurt, for the first time someone feared, and rejected him so hard. So, Killvearn purposes has been accomplished, then. Even Dai really got lured in to searching more into his true identity as the dragon knight through the dragon temple. As the result, the first met between Baran, the dragon master, and Dai, the tiny hero, was undeniable.

Really looking forward to listen about whats truth Baran wanna tell to Dai. Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 13, 2021 5:02 AM
Dec 2014
thepath said:
Only 2 episodes more and then we will see new material that was never adapted in original anime. We already have the title of episode 26

I can't wait !!!!

I hope they don't use CG. Don't like it. I don't have problem if they use it for normal enemies, but for major fights I hope they avoid using CG
already confirmed this anime will be FULL adaption of the original manga, from the author of the original manga, also, they already confirmed voice actors for 3 upcoming new characters which were only manga exclusve..
Mar 13, 2021 7:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Dai faces of against the Dragons after saving Merle. He finds out that a sword is not enough to beat the them as his sword cracks against the Dragon's tough skin. Dai was struggling against the Dragons until he unleashed the power of the Dragon's Crest to become The Dragon Knight. He used his godly powers to beat the dragons easily and used a special weapon to kill the four headed dragon. However, despite his best efforts the people began to fear Dai as a monster even though he saved them. Turns out that the reaper Killvearn sent the Dragons to Bengarna and to plant seeds of doubt in Dai by telling him that he is a monster.

Nabara and Merle led Dai's party to Teran a town that worships the Dragon God and is also home to the temple of the Dragon Knights where the secrets of the Dai's origin can be revealed. Before he can find that out, Baran also appeared in the temple in an attempt to lure Dai to his side to destroy the humans.
Mar 13, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2018
There must be a dragon knight v dragon knight battle between Dai and Baran now!
Mar 13, 2021 2:50 PM

Mar 2010
That random use of 3dcgi or cgi... was just funny asf.. it really made go WTF ROFL... but yeah shit is getting real asf and quick.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 13, 2021 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
without a doubt it was the best episode.
Mar 13, 2021 4:56 PM

Nov 2018
The CGI was bad. But the action against the dragon was still good overall.

They have cut the lighting showing Dai face.

Mar 13, 2021 5:15 PM
Feb 2020
I don't really get the hate for the cgi, it looks really good in this show, better than most video game cutscenes even (and especially anime in general). I feel like people have some bias over it since cgi in anime wasn't always the best to say the least, but in this case I really liked it with dai parkouring over the hydra's necks shown all in one cut, it felt very smooth.

Next episode though looks hype, things are slowly building up
Mar 14, 2021 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
this is just epic proportion of awesomeness Lord Baran-sama and Dai had finally met each other! i wonder what entrails next!
5/5.

Mar 15, 2021 7:27 PM
Jul 2019
That was a great episode. Story is finally starting to clear up and the action was mostly awesome.

But yes, the CGI segment felt completely out of place considering that it lasted only less than a minute and the fight continued after it so what's the point?
Apr 25, 2021 12:28 AM
Jun 2017
It's going way too fast
Jun 7, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2019
The CG was not bad even though you can clearly see the difference, it really look like straight up from the Video Games.
Personally not a big fan of it, but i let it slide cause only a few seconds.

So i can assume from the Crystal Confusion, there supposed to be only One Dragon Knight at a time right?
Things getting more interesting...
Can't wait to get more information about Baran.
Aug 16, 2021 7:01 AM
May 2020
the dragon knight s the ultimate being then... more question than answers given to dai and with the sudden intrusion of baran will definitely make things interesting

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.