Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2021 1:02 PM
Aug 2020
There are lots of promotional anime out there, designed to sell toys and trading cards, from Bakugan to the later Yu-Gi-Oh series and everything in between. One of the things these shows do is treat their card games or other gimmicks like exactly what they are. A gimmick, designed to be interacted with by characters in the show's world.

Part way through this series there's a Dragon Ball Heroes 10th anniversary episode. It features two kids playing the card game in the real world. Since a lot of the complaints that I've seen about this series are that it's lacking as a Dragon Ball story, would it have made more sense to focus this show's plot on kids playing the Dragon Ball Heroes card game instead?

They could have taken an isekai angle with it, or built a fictional society around the game, like later Yu-Gi-Oh shows do, with the focus being on the kids as the main characters and the Dragon Ball characters just being cards that they use in battle.

I'm honestly not sure I'd like the show either way, but this is a tried an tested formulae and it has worked for other shows to an extent. What do you think?
Mar 13, 2021 5:40 AM

Jul 2016
They already done that, and it's called "Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Missions". Check that one instead lol.
Mar 15, 2021 7:02 AM
Aug 2020
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
They already done that, and it's called "Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Missions". Check that one instead lol.

Unfortunately it's a manga, with no anime adaptation.

There's an argument to be made that people should just read the manga, but I get the feeling that it's difficult to do that legally, so I can't recommend it as an alternative.
Oct 15, 2023 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
unlikely to see an adaptation of that, frankly lucky that this one exists, probably owed in part due to the heroes extreme longevity and so in part a reward for their loyal players adapting the sagas from the game they've supported over the years.

Would be good tho, & I would love to see it, just feels extremely doubtful
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 52 Discussion

Apratim - Dec 17, 2023

5 by chriskris91 »»
Apr 22, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 54 Discussion

Ranxomare - Apr 13

0 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 13, 6:04 AM

» Episode count

IcaroP - Jan 10

6 by Elfezen »»
Apr 13, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 51 Discussion

Apratim - Oct 22, 2023

23 by krejola »»
Mar 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 53 Discussion

Ranxomare - Feb 19

3 by jeffu »»
Feb 28, 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.